Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'll probably ride home with you." second line of search warrant IMPLIES that she would take the bus to work in order to be able to car ride with anyone home. (how else…can't drive her car in and ride home with someone) JMO

"I'll probably ride home with you." second line of search warrant IMPLIES that she would take the bus to work in order to be able to car ride with anyone home. (how else…can't drive her car in and ride home with someone) JMO

Unless if she was running late because she had to return home to get the badge, she could get a ride with someone else, another car pooler, perhaps??
Although with Pickard mentioning the bus, it is implied yes, she would take the bus.
Just thoughts….
IMOO.

I agree. And another thing to point me to suicide.....the word "probably". ..if that's what was said. She wouldn't say that if she was just going to drive herself.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So we keep getting stuck on the bus comment…

Her intent was to car pool, though…

IMOO.

From the search warrant, there is no mention of taking a bus:

"At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
“Just go without me,” the text said. “I’ll probably ride home with you.”
Her friend wrote back asking how long it would take and saying that she would wait.
The text back to the friend estimated that DeBoer’s trip back home would take 10 minutes.

Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off."

The words in bold hint at other plans IMO.

I agree. And another thing to point me to suicide.....the word "probably". ..if that's what was said. She wouldn't say that if she was just going to drive herself.

Unless she gets a ride home from a different car pooler?
Unless she takes the bus home?

IMOO.

I haven't read the contents of the search warrant.
Is it possible it is in the search warrant, but it wasn't written in the article?

Is it possible there is a reason for Pickard to mention the bus, even if it wasn't in the search warrant?

There has to be a reason why the bus keeps getting mentioned and by Pickard, at that!

IMOO.

The article quotes the search warrant as the source for the text conversation. Cheryl told the carpool to go without her, but said she would probably catch a ride back at the end of the day. After Cheryl said that it would take 10 minutes to get the badge, all communication stopped. There's no room for a discussion about a bus.

It's very likely that someone assumed that Cheryl would take a bus, but she did not text that she would take a bus.

"At 7:02 a.m. a text was sent from Cheryl DeBoer’s phone to a carpool friend saying she forgot her identification badge needed for her job at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
Her friend wrote back asking how long it would take and saying that she would wait.
The text back to the friend estimated that DeBoer’s trip back home would take 10 minutes.
Her friend waited until nearly 7:30 a.m. and tried sending her a message and calling her at that time. It appeared to her that DeBoer’s phone had been turned off."

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

Right, he mentioned he presumed Monday morning rush. Like if the badge wasn't where it was supposed to be, then perhaps she thought she already had it with her… until she knew she didn't.

IMOO.

Yes, he used the term 'monday morning rush', never mentioned anything about anyone seeing or saying she was rushing.

You could drive yourself to work, leave your car at work, and ride home with carpool. The next day, carpool in the morning and drive yourself home.

Most people who had a carpool waiting for them would ask politely to give them 10 minutes. But Cheryl volunteered just go without me. It has always struck me as strange.

Unless she gets a ride home from a different car pooler?
Unless she takes the bus home?

IMOO.

According to her texts, she would probably get a ride back with the carpool at the end of the day.

The article quotes the search warrant as the source for the text conversation. Cheryl told the carpool to go without her, but said she would probably catch a ride back at the end of the day. After Cheryl said that it would take 10 minutes to get the badge, all communication stopped. There's no room for a discussion about a bus.

It's very likely that someone assumed that Cheryl would take a bus, but she did not text that she would take a bus.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20160216/NEWS01/160219330

What I meant by that comment was is the search warrant in it's entirety? I haven't seen a copy of it with my eyes, an official document so I don't know if anything is missing from it, that they did not put in the article.

IMOO.

Or ride home with carpool, then go along with your husband to pick up your car at work at night when traffic is lessened.

I expect that she would probably catch a ride home with her carpool ... unless she arrived late at work and needed to put in an extra 30 minutes at the end of the day, in which case she would be too late for the carpool, not suicidal.

According to her texts, she would probably get a ride back with the carpool at the end of the day.

The word Probably is in question.
She didn't say absolutely.
My comment was about the word "probably" ,was that she wasn't 100 percent sure she would car pool, but probably.
I gave references to what probably might mean if she chose not to…

IMOO.

So we keep getting stuck on the bus comment…

Her intent was to car pool, though…

IMOO.

There was no bus comment. People probably assumed that she would take the bus if she missed her carpool ride, but she did not text that she would take a bus. In fact, she sent a text that it would take 10 minutes for her to retrieve her badge. That alone suggests that she was banking on the carpool waiting the 10 minutes. Indeed, they waited nearly 30 minutes before leaving without her.

What I meant by that comment was is the search warrant in it's entirety? I haven't seen a copy of it with my eyes, an official document so I don't know if anything is missing from it, that they did not put in the article.

IMOO.

I understand now. The question is whether a remark about a bus was omitted from the search warrant information about texts between Cheryl and the carpool?

Here's my suicide theory (not my only theory but prominent at the moment.

Cheryl acts like she's running late so husband definitely leaves before her so she gives him an alibi and maybe doesn't remind her of badge.

She puts her badge under clothing/hidden to prove she forgot it/didn't see it (she's still meticulous even if suicidal...it's her way).

Plan is to tell car Pooler truthfully she left badge at home.

Doesn't count on car Pooler offering to wait, hence turning off the phone.

She's already taken a lot of Xanax or whatever and is now thrown off a bit from the friend's offer to wait.....she just starts walking to clear her head...or do what she set out to do.

We've read about how mentally ill, or autustic, or drink people are drawn to water because of the soothing sounds and patterns.....if there was enough of a sound and current, maybe she was drawn there....

Question/flaw is, if she intended suicide, why not just call out sick? Was she that much of a rule follower? Or was not that sure of her plan?

Again, this is just a theory, if we want to consider suicide.

I understand now. The question is whether a remark about a bus was omitted from the search warrant information about texts between Cheryl and the carpool?

Yes, exactly.
Omitted from the article, but perhaps is in the search warrant.
Or maybe that one part was omitted from the search warrant .
If there was a copy of the search warrant (an official document to look at) then it could explain a few things perhaps.

IMOO.

quoted from stryker57 "I believe the texts to be authentic and sent from my mom. The carpool friend has been more than cooperative from the day one."

In my opinion, this sounds like there is only one carpooler in the car and that is the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname