Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not certain which post you are referring to?
Hello, it was referring to the post on the Facebook page that was mentioned..on the Celebrating Cheryl Deboer page..so in addition to the very first comment that was mentioned, a second comment was added..hope that helps.

My mobile

Just finished catching up on today's posts. While the information that came to light today is surprising to me, after thinking it over it doesn't change my opinion that Cheryl was murdered.

Suicide seems so very unlikely to me, though I can't quite make myself say it's impossible either. While I don't know Cheryl, based descriptions of her character I find it doubtful that she would plan a suicide that looks like a murder knowing that her family would likely spend the rest of their lives seeking unattainable justice.

I've tried very hard to be open to all possibilities and consider the thoughts and opinions of everyone. As each new bit of information has come to light I've tried to look at that information independently of all other information as well as trying to fit it together with the information already known. Despite all my efforts I find myself back to my original conclusion - formed very early in the case (when Cheryl was still missing). I believe the facts support that Cheryl got in her vehicle and drove to where her car was parked. From there I can only speculate...I think an event occurred very near or even partially within her vehicle. I think she was approached by someone (not immediate family) that she knew enough to be comfortable being approached. Someone who either asked for or offered help and lured her into their vehicle. Someone with strong professional or personal jealousy. Someone who wanted her out of their way. And my instincts are causing me to think it was a woman. Again, all just pure speculation on my part and I'm probably way off base...

I am thinking of stryker57 and the rest of Cheryl's family every day and hoping they get the answers they deserve very soon.

This continues to have all the hallmarks of a suicide. Plastic bag over the head, head in the water, the text that was sent, and the self inflicted hand wounds...

Those that are thinking otherwise are overcomplicating things. The text to the coworker was misdirection to buy herself some time to complete the act. As to the why and where she chose, no one knows these things, I've seen many suicides where you wonder why they chose that location and went to all the trouble they did to get there.

"Doubling up" of suicide methods is far more common than you would think. I've seen people that drank poison and then shot themselves.

I know there are family members on here, and I'm sorry for your loss.

This continues to have all the hallmarks of a suicide. Plastic bag over the head, head in the water, the text that was sent, and the self inflicted hand wounds...

Those that are thinking otherwise are overcomplicating things. The text to the coworker was misdirection to buy herself some time to complete the act. As to the why and where she chose, no one knows these things, I've seen many suicides where you wonder why they chose that location and went to all the trouble they did to get there.

"Doubling up" of suicide methods is far more common than you would think. I've been people that drank poison and then shot themselves.

BBM I just keep thinking if she wanted to buy herself time she could have just called in sick and texted her carpool buddy that she was sick and staying home. That would've been much simpler, IMO.

ETA I'll be very surprised if this is proven to be death by suicide.

Hi Anzac,
You seem to be speaking from a lot of experience. Just curious how does the self inflicted hand wounds indicate hallmark suicide (without knowing specifics)?

IMOO

Mrs. DeBoer is the victim of an horrendous crime as are her family members. I will say it again - Mrs. DeBoer DID NOT ditch her belongings and walk 1.5 miles to a cold, watery culvert to crawl in there, secure a plastic bag over her head and kill herself. She was taken by force and murdered. MURDERED!!! LE may not have a clue and the killer(s) may not have left a lot of evidence, but there is something, somewhere that will prove murder and will prove who did this.

It is beyond my comprehension that LE can state that there is nothing to suggest a brutal homicide but there is blood in her car, her personal items are missing and the cause of death is asphyxiation due to a plastic bag secured around her head AND fresh water drowning in a freaking subsurface culvert. Is this Mayberry and Barney Fife is the spokesperson?

LE needs to announce that there is a murderer to be captured and his last known attack was in quaint little ol' Mountlake Terrace, his dumping ground a sweet little suburban neighborhood and that she was forcibly abducted near the park and ride that hundreds of the unassuming public use every day, a block from the police station, across from the assisted living centers, on a busy street in morning rush hour traffic. This is a bold killer and everyone should be on the alert.

Why there are no surveillance cameras telling the story is beyond me; there are cameras everywhere. This killer/these killers managed to elude them all? I don't believe it for a second.

It infuriates me that LE is not forthcoming and instead is telling people that they are waiting on tox results before they reach a conclusion on manner of death. Meanwhile, the public is going around doubting murder and thinking 'well, maybe it was suicide and we are all safe and secure with our great LE in charge'.

They need to release depictions of the clothes she was wearing, her jewelry, her purse, her phone, her wallet, her key ring - anything that may be noticed now or would jog someone's memory from that morning. Just a photo of her face will not be useful at all if someone saw her from behind or found an empty wallet in a trash bin. I pray that the family is getting more info than the public but the public will bring in the leads.

Mrs. DeBoer's life mattered, her death is not of her own doing and I am 100% certain that there is a killer loose in Mountlake. Someone needs to wake everyone up and the citizens need to shake the trees until the murderer is found.

May God rest her soul and may He shed light on her killer.

"Doubling up" of suicide methods is far more common than you would think. I've seen people that drank poison and then shot themselves.

Where is the helium tank, drugs, alcohol? Oh wait there isn't any. So how does exit bag work without one of those? You would rip the bag off your head before you asphyxiate. She was claustrophobic. The wrong kind of bag was used. She left food out for dinner. She adopted a cat she had been waiting for months 2 days before she went missing.

sent from an unknown device

In my mind, if CD wanted to commit suicide she would have just called her carpool friends off and told them she was ill or had an errand to run or whatever, go on without me......not text "10 minutes" like I mentioned in my earlier post.

And I can't imagine getting dressed for work, parking my car in the expected location where carpool friends could see me, walking to the culvert and then doing the deed.
Too much chance of being seen.

This reminds me very much of the Kelly Catalano case from a few years back.....she went to work and LE maintains that she decided to commit suicide on her break by jumping in the river.

Way too convenient to chalk these cases up to suicide.

ETA: sorry La Louve.....I see you just posted the same thoughts!

Stryker- Is any other law-enforcement agency investigating your mother's case? I would hate to think the investigation would be limited to the MLT PD....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did LE find the tape CD supposedly used? Sorry...I'm on a rant....none of this makes any sense.....period.

No phone, wallet (didn't carry purse), car keys found.

Another thing about CD is that she was clearly devoted, loving, and passionate about her family and friends. Married to the same person for three decades and a young son that may want to start a family soon.

Aside from my feelings of a suicide being preposterous - Cheryl being ALL of those things mentioned above makes me feel like IF she did take her own life we would have two things right now:

1- LE calling it a suicide. They would be able to know- but because it is not a typical exit bag and because of other sensitive information they aren't calling it a suicide because they know it's not.

I think the detectives working the case can tell by the way the bag was tied, the type of bag used, etc that it was not a suicide.

2- she would have left a note for her family. I don't even know the lady and can see the devotion she had for her family. There is no way she would leave them with no explanation. She would want them to have that level of closure.

Stryker- Is any other law-enforcement agency investigating your mother's case? I would hate to think the investigation would be limited to the MLT PD....

Looking at other avenues. Currently not satisfied with MLT PD.

Me too. Welcome Bonnie!

Can you elaborate on the hallmarks? Cuts on fingers? Plastic bag? I always think of drug OD and other methods for suicide and also would think she would want the carpool off her back and just tell them she'd drive herself in or take a bus. None of this seems obvious to the layperson. But it sounds like you have some insight.

Where is the helium tank, drugs, alcohol? Oh wait there isn't any. So how does exit bag work without one of those? You would rip the bag off your head before you asphyxiate. She was claustrophobic. The wrong kind of bag was used. She left food out for dinner. She adopted a cat she had been waiting for months 2 days before she went missing.

Stryker57, I just wanted to take this time to tell you I really admire your courage and strength for being here, and send you a big hug, fwiw...I know I don't know you, but it really breaks my heart that you are here, sorry I'm having trouble finding the words, I really really hope that you get some answers soon, and will be okay, as much as can be expected. It's easy for me/us to say hang in there and be strong...just know that there are people out there praying for you and your family. If there's anything we can do...I know we've already said allthis, but I really felt the need to say it again.

:grouphug:

Are there any local journalists that have been doing investigative work regarding the PD who might take a look at Cheryl's case? If there is some PD CYA going on, that's the kind of thing some journalist should be working to expose.

Another thing I wonder is on the video where Cheryl's car was seen, I hope the PD looked at any cars following her and if the drivers of those vehicles have been looked into.

The cell phone forensics are far more sophisticated than that. They'd be looking at this information twice: once under exigent circumstances (before she was found) and then with a warrant once she was found. Under the warrant they'll look at a lot more information than was accessed under exigent circumstances.

They can determine that without the phone in hand, with a caveat that if it was an SMS message, they can read it without the phone, but an iMessage (I don't know the type of phone she had) is secure, and you'd need to look at the phone. The wireless carrier records would only show "data access" if she sent an iMessage.

Also remember, just because LE hasn't released publicly that they've found it, doesn't mean they don't have it.
Agreed.. as I previously suggested..

My mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members