TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to bring up the "getting there early" thing AGAIN - would you (and any other early peeps, not just aiming at you!) still turn up early to sit in an empty church car park in the middle of nowhere in the dark? Early is fine; sometimes traffic is better than expected, or a previous errand might take less time than you thought and you need to kill time catching up on stuff. But to leave your house in the dead of night, in terrible weather, to drive on quiet roads via nowhere else, to an isolated building just to sit in your car for 25 mins? Sorry, but I personally think that's a bit of an odd thing to do.

Keep in mind, in the first Police Presser.. they said " the early camper waited til others got there then they went in." Her veh was under the covered awning, and from way I understood them saying, she had STARTED unloading her veh, so to me her veh may still have been open. That also could be another reason that the 1st camper waited for others? But the 2 911 calls were made AT 500am iirc, so they all had to have went into the building prior to 500am. The Chief and Captain said 1st camper is who found her. Whomever/how many others went in also could have been looking in diff area. JMHO ..

I hate being late for anything and always a few min early lol

If my trainer was murdered early in the morning, the cheer moms that share a building and constantly steal her parking spots would be the prime suspects. She had to call the cops on them last week.

Sounds as if there could be some bullying going on here. "Stealing her parking spots" doesn't seem like an obvious motive, but at this juncture who knows?

Just to bring up the "getting there early" thing AGAIN - would you (and any other early peeps, not just aiming at you!) still turn up early to sit in an empty church car park in the middle of nowhere in the dark? Early is fine; sometimes traffic is better than expected, or a previous errand might take less time than you thought and you need to kill time catching up on stuff. But to leave your house in the dead of night, in terrible weather, to drive on quiet roads via nowhere else, to an isolated building just to sit in your car for 25 mins? Sorry, but I personally think that's a bit of an odd thing to do.

Could be any number of reasons. Maybe the camper carpooled with a spouse and dropped them off for their 4AM shift at work. Maybe they work an odd shift themselves and just got off work. Maybe they couldn't sleep. Maybe they like to be the first to arrive to get the best equipment. Maybe they are the killer.

Sounds as if there could be some bullying going on here. "Stealing her parking spots" doesn't seem like an obvious motive, but at this juncture who knows?

Crazed cheer moms? In TX? lol

If my trainer was murdered early in the morning, the cheer moms that share a building and constantly steal her parking spots would be the prime suspects. She had to call the cops on them last week.
I take it you are referring to your trainer and not Missy.

Missy certainly didn't seem fearful. Certainly she would have said something to someone if someone or something made her feel uncomfortable, or if she was concerned about anything regarding early set ups.

About 15 years ago I helped train people for a marathon and once every 2 months I had to go out at 4 am to place water out in different areas for the runners.
(And these were all nice neighborhoods). But I was always skittish about going out by myself that early in the morning so I had someone meet me there.

I never told my husband about this ( I think he would have been displeased) but my running buddies knew. And I wasn't afraid of other runners but I was of who might be wandering the streets at that hour.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Could be any number of reasons. Maybe the camper carpooled with a spouse and dropped them off for their 4AM shift at work. Maybe they work an odd shift themselves and just got off work. Maybe they couldn't sleep. Maybe they like to be the first to arrive to get the best equipment. Maybe they are the killer.

True, true, true, true, and er... true.

Being early on that day is either totally irrelevant or totally relevant.

Wishing for some proper news today

:) To a church in my town, for an exercise class with a lovely local lady, while I waited for my friend who does it with me, yes I would. I totally get your point but I think small towns feel "safer" and I definitely would sit in my locked warm car with a coffee and my phone and the silence. Nobody expected the trainer would get murdered :(

Having said aaaall of that, and continuing to argue that it isn't unusual to arrive early... I must say in this case it is a point of interest, particularly given the timing of everything else..

I thought campers were supposed to bring their own equipment? Maybe the early camper had been asked not be late again? I'm not sure what I would do now waiting in my car and seeing a policeman dressed in SWAT gear exit in the building. I think I would haul butt...

That doesn't really bother me too much. I work out between 5-5:30am, and I get dressed quickly, take a snack and drink to my car, drive to the gym and eat and play on my phone(checking Websleuths usually lol) for about 30minutes before going in. Even when I have spin class I do this despite having friends in the class as I'm not particularly awake enough to socialize. Half the reason I work out that early is because by the time I wake up my workout is over

I take it you are referring to your trainer and not Missy.

Missy certainly didn't seem fearful. Certainly she would have said something to someone if someone or something made her feel uncomfortable, or if she was concerned about anything regarding early set ups.

About 15 years ago I helped train people for a marathon and once every 2 months I had to go out at 4 am to place water out in different areas for the runners.
(And these were all nice neighborhoods). But I was always skittish about going out by myself that early in the morning so I had someone meet me there.

I never told my husband about this ( I think he would have been displeased) but my running buddies knew. And I wasn't afraid of other runners but I was of who might be wandering the streets at that hour.

Oh yes, I did not mean Missy at ALL. I was responding to the poster who said there could be any number of situations that could have led to this, and I was just agreeing with him/her and giving another example of an altercation between folks, that's all. Clearly parking was not an issue at the church :).

Crazed cheer moms? In TX? lol

No, this is not in TX, and I was not at all referring to Missy's murder. But, cheer moms really can be mean from the stories I've heard lately from my trainer! (NOT AT ALL RELATED TO THIS CASE!!)

I thought campers were supposed to bring their own equipment? Maybe the early camper had been asked not be late again? I'm not sure what I would do now waiting in my car and seeing a policeman dressed in SWAT gear exit in the building. I think I would haul butt...

I have no idea about equipment. I was just providing a possible reason for being early. Where was it said this camper saw the perp leave?? I don't think anyone has said they did, or if they have, we have not been made privy to that information.

I, personally would have a hard time getting out of bed one minute earlier than I had to at that time of morning. But, there are myriad legitimate reasons that person could have been early. Place I used to work- a girl was ALWAYS in parking lot early waiting on me to open up. One day she pretty much told me it was because She was having an affair and arrived early to have free time to communicate with that person. Certainly not implying that is what the camper was doing, just think there are plenty of reasons, personal quirks, etc, that would get someone to arrive so early.
I'm a local. Pass this church everyday. I wouldn't really call it's location isolated, it isn't like it's far off the road or hard to find. Although, it also is far enough back in the parking lot that as someone just driving by you wouldn't really look hard or be able to see much in that one second as you pass by. I think the speed limit is 60 right there. So, I suppose it is a little isolated in that no one would really pay much attention to what is going on over there and the only things immediately by it are the fenced residence across the highway, the whataburger to the north and the airport and swfa to the south.
I grew up in Waxahachie, work in Red Oak and live in Midlo. These communities are all close together and our lives overlap. Waxahachie is where you go to shop if you don't want to head up to cedar hill or Mansfield/Arlington.
Midlothan was a very small town for so long. I recently saw a growth chart for us and it seems our population n housing has grown tremendously, esp in just the last ten years. But the town has kept business end looking like we are still a town of under 10k. And that's kind of how we like it. It still feels like a small town. We have a walmart and one other grocery store. Those are the biggest retailers here. Gotta go elsewhere for other stuff so we let Waxahachie build everything and deal with the traffic. Worst traffic I get in Midlo is waiting on a train every week or two. Jmo's! Other locals feelings may vary.
I have a bad feeling they do not yet know who this person is. Hope I'm wrong and we get some good news today and this poor woman's killer is caught.

That doesn't really bother me too much. I work out between 5-5:30am, and I get dressed quickly, take a snack and drink to my car, drive to the gym and eat and play on my phone(checking Websleuths usually lol) for about 30minutes before going in. Even when I have spin class I do this despite having friends in the class as I'm not particularly awake enough to socialize. Half the reason I work out that early is because by the time I wake up my workout is over

And I usually arrive one minute prior to my scheduled workout lol! Different strokes for different folks.

Oh yes, I did not mean Missy at ALL. I was responding to the poster who said there could be any number of situations that could have led to this, and I was just agreeing with him/her and giving another example of an altercation between folks, that's all. Clearly parking was not an issue at the church :).
Just checking. I wasn't sure that the church was her only gig. 😨

I would have been there early, I would have brought or stopped and got coffee and probably and sandwich or bun or something, I can't function without food. jmo I was aways at work at 6:30 for a 7:00 start time and go the the cafeteria and get food. :)

I, personally would have a hard time getting out of bed one minute earlier than I had to at that time of morning. But, there are myriad legitimate reasons that person could have been early. Place I used to work- a girl was ALWAYS in parking lot early waiting on me to open up. One day she pretty much told me it was because She was having an affair and arrived early to have free time to communicate with that person. Certainly not implying that is what the camper was doing, just think there are plenty of reasons, personal quirks, etc, that would get someone to arrive so early.
I'm a local. Pass this church everyday. I wouldn't really call it's location isolated, it isn't like it's far off the road or hard to find. Although, it also is far enough back in the parking lot that as someone just driving by you wouldn't really look hard or be able to see much in that one second as you pass by. I think the speed limit is 60 right there. So, I suppose it is a little isolated in that no one would really pay much attention to what is going on over there and the only things immediately by it are the fenced residence across the highway, the whataburger to the north and the airport and swfa to the south.
I grew up in Waxahachie, work in Red Oak and live in Midlo. These communities are all close together and our lives overlap. Waxahachie is where you go to shop if you don't want to head up to cedar hill or Mansfield/Arlington.
Midlothan was a very small town for so long. I recently saw a growth chart for us and it seems our population n housing has grown tremendously, esp in just the last ten years. But the town has kept business end looking like we are still a town of under 10k. And that's kind of how we like it. It still feels like a small town. We have a walmart and one other grocery store. Those are the biggest retailers here. Gotta go elsewhere for other stuff so we let Waxahachie build everything and deal with the traffic. Worst traffic I get in Midlo is waiting on a train every week or two. Jmo's! Other locals feelings may vary.
I have a bad feeling they do not yet know who this person is. Hope I'm wrong and we get some good news today and this poor woman's killer is caught.

Welcome to WS!!!!

Stella, would you say that the perp would have pretty much had to drive there to be able to make a quick getaway? Or, if they walked, someone surely would have noticed a person in SWAT gear walking away? (Unless they changed their clothes, which of course is likely if they walked away).

OK, I'll park this one up. I struggle to get up every day (at the moment mainly because I'm on Texas time with this case and keep going to bed at 2am!) so being that early at that time of day is an alien concept. But that's me, I'm definitely a night owl.

As the saying goes, "the early bird catches the worm..... but worms are gross and mornings are stupid"

I think I've asked before if we know what sort of class Missy taught but I haven't seen a reply. She was "mobile" and worked at other sites so presumably she carried all her equipment around in her vehicle. It's said she had started unloading stuff but if the class was to be outside wouldn't Camper#1 have expected to see her setting up under the porch? I wonder if C#1 had a hinky feeling and didn't want to go in? I'm guessing Missy had access to the church for electricity/music and bathroom facilities, rather than storage. Can anyone clarify? Sorry if I've missed it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder