Bosma Murder Trial 04.28.16 - Day 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Questions from me for the cross-exam.

Cross-exam?? CN is a crown witness, the defense would be the ones cross-examining her, yet the questions in your 'cross exam' are all about trying to get CN to implicate the defendants. Incidentally, I doubt any of your questions except the last two would have been allowed, they're all leading.

<rs&bbm>

Interesting because ... we know from AM that DM did say he was going to steal a truck. With DM saying he was protecting AM by not telling him 'anything', then I can only think that 'anything' must be referring to a plan to kill the owner (which plan AM did not know) of the truck they were going to steal (which plan AM did know).

I would assume DM is referring to stuff he could have told AM after the 'mission', such as what was in the toolbox...

She only kept the letters because DM finally told her she was loved by him. He got caught in his own manipulations.

I disagree, I think she kept the letters because she felt they could help her as a bargaining chip in her own case. Those of you going on about CN being madly in love with DM are projecting something that isn't supported by her statements. She had suspected he was cheating on her, and she lost interest in him over the years he was imprisoned. It's pretty obvious she has no feelings for him whatsoever now that she knows he won't be taking her on that trip around the world he kept stringing her along with.

Don't know if this was discussed, but why on earth did she bother to bring up the sex expedition and other love making episodes? Sensationalism? It's totally irrelevant to the case IMO.

I mean, if you want to give details, how about where you went for dinner and what you ate, where he hid his bloody clothes, if he smelled like burned sweat, or whatever.

It was her excuse for why they didn't discuss anything major during the long drive.

My father was in federal prison in Miami, and there was no glass wall/telephone arrangement, it was families sitting at tables. We could bring stuff in, just had to be in transparent bags. This was the 90s.

The glass wall/telephone thing is a tv/movie cliche...

I'm saying a guy in a maximum security lock-up in solitary is receiving a lot of stuff that they don't even know about. What kind of prison is that?

They are most concerned with weapons and drugs entering the prison, pieces of paper are pretty low on the list of things to be concerned about.

They are most concerned with weapons and drugs entering the prison, pieces of paper are pretty low on the list of things to be concerned about.

Is this based on fact or personal experience or something? I'm not being argumentative I just have a very different impression of our penal system...

Cross-exam?? CN is a crown witness, the defense would be the ones cross-examining her, yet the questions in your 'cross exam' are all about trying to get CN to implicate the defendants. Incidentally, I doubt any of your questions except the last two would have been allowed, they're all leading.

She has now (as of this afternoon) been declared as a "hostile witness" which now means they can ask leading questions. IMO

It was her excuse for why they didn't discuss anything major during the long drive.

She could have just as easily said she was so tired she slept all the way there. IMO Now she has a reputation.

"From behind a turquoise prison door, Dellen Millard tentatively appears, a tall man in an orange prison jumpsuit, contained behind a thick glass wall.
The doe-eyed 28-year-old smiles as he sits down and picks up a black, 1960s-style phone receiver and places it to his ear.

"http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/12/30/dellen_millard_says_he_didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

No it's not. Depending on the inmate and the situation, someone can have open or closed visits. Closed visits are behind glass and very real, even outside of the movies. Visits in provincial settings where the person has not yet been convicted or sentenced are more often closed visits which means glass and telephone.

CN's parents are both medical professionals, so I don't know why they would not be able to hire a lawyer. Not Brian Greenspan maybe, but a competent lawyer. They might have to go into serious debt to do so, as Guy Paul Morin's did.

Ones a chiropractor and the other a massage therapist... Not necessarily lucrative professions. They live in a tiny bungalow, so I doubt they are wealthy. Who's to say her Lawyer isn't good? Seems he's coached her well so far. Playing the roll of a stoner that can't remember a damn thing because she smoked so much pot!

MOO

I disagree, I think she kept the letters because she felt they could help her as a bargaining chip in her own case. Those of you going on about CN being madly in love with DM are projecting something that isn't supported by her statements. She had suspected he was cheating on her, and she lost interest in him over the years he was imprisoned. It's pretty obvious she has no feelings for him whatsoever now that she knows he won't be taking her on that trip around the world he kept stringing her along with.

Peter Akman &#8207;@PeterAkmanCTV 11h11 hours ago Guelph, Ontario
"At the time I was in love with him." Noudga about Millard after arrested and in prison - #Bosma @CTVNews

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 10h10 hours ago
Noudga says she always wanted #Millard to love her like she loved him.

Susan ClairmontVerified account &#8207;@susanclairmont 10h10 hours ago
Millard goes on to profess his love for Noudga. He didn't love her before because "Frankly, it scared me."

Adam CarterVerified account &#8207;@AdamCarterCBC 11h11 hours ago
Noudga says he was professing his love for her in almost every letter. #TimBosma #Bosma

I think CN was in love with DM at the time of the murder, and to DM, CN was just one of many. Only after imprisonment did he express his "true" love for her (at the same time asking for illegal help). She got manipulated into covering for him, IMO.

I wrote early on, I wonder how many times DM promised to marry CN as he asked for her assistance. Turns out he's only willing to promise a trip around the world and a baby. He's not really the commitment type.

I think CN knows a lot more about DM's activities than she lets on, but at the same time DM largely protected her like he did AM. OTOH DM did send her a picture of a gun that she does not remember, and she had hung out with the source of the gun, MWJ, more than a few times.

The letters were found by LE so they have them and that's that. There's nothing to bargain.

Is this based on fact or personal experience or something? I'm not being argumentative I just have a very different impression of our penal system...

I guess it's based on fact, as I've heard corrections officers and wardens state it in interviews on television. They can't even keep all the drugs and weapons out of jails and prisons, and that's their priority. Cellphones are next on the list, and those get in on a regular basis as well. I realize there are going to be a lot of ultra-right-wing tough-on-crime types participating in this forum, but laments about the lack of security in jails pertaining to correspondence seems to be straying off topic, in my opinion. The letters got through, that's what we know. If the fact that they got through is so distressing to some people here they can write their MPs about it...

IMO, Crown lawyers don't get where they are by not being smart. To be a Crown lawyer you have to be pretty brilliant.

Nothing against crown lawyers here, (I do know some brilliant ones who take great pride in their work) but being public servants, they're relatively low on the lawyer pay-scale, and thus, to an extent, how picky the crown can afford to be when hiring them.

The letters were found by LE so they have them and that's that. There's nothing to bargain.

And she can't destroy them after they have been confiscated, either. That has nothing to do with why she kept them UNTIL they were confiscated. (and neither do your quotes about how many times DM professed his love in those letters)

I guess it's based on fact, as I've heard corrections officers and wardens state it in interviews on television. They can't even keep all the drugs and weapons out of jails and prisons, and that's their priority. Cellphones are next on the list, and those get in on a regular basis as well. I realize there are going to be a lot of ultra-right-wing tough-on-crime types participating in this forum, but laments about the lack of security in jails pertaining to correspondence seems to be straying off topic, in my opinion. The letters got through, that's what we know. If the fact that they got through is so distressing to some people here they can write their MPs about it...

Ok, fair enough. Eye opener for me is all. I'm quite far from the right wing!

No it's not. Depending on the inmate and the situation, someone can have open or closed visits. Closed visits are behind glass and very real, even outside of the movies. Visits in provincial settings where the person has not yet been convicted or sentenced are more often closed visits which means glass and telephone.

Yeah I didn't mean they don't exist, I mean they are not ubiquitous and open visits are far more common. The word 'cliche' does have a meaning in the dictionary...

Nothing against crown lawyers here, (I do know some brilliant ones who take great pride in their work) but being public servants, they're relatively low on the lawyer pay-scale, and thus, to an extent, how picky the crown can afford to be when hiring them.

This case has the top crown lawyers on this case. These aren't your average prosecutors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member