TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled and I'm thinking more like the blue one in your pic. It has more of a blunt end on the other side...

It was mainly the "wing" shape of the top that made me think the pink one, but maybe it's a combo type pick that's like both of them?

It was mainly the "wing" shape of the top that made me think the pink one, but maybe it's a combo type pick that's like both of them?

Yes! Definitely seeing the "wing" shape at the top of it too! Glad we are seeing the same thing....I am looking on google but "hammer" doesn't seem to be bringing up anything that even looks close. The ones that I've found that are shaped like that at the top don't have the same "ends" (or whatever those parts of a hammer are called.)

I wonder if I should do a search for something else more specific. The term "tools" is bringing up pictures but so far, not finding anything like what I see in that photo.

somebody went to extraordinary lengths to disguise their identity before they went to church, they disguised themselves so well that the gender of the person is still uncertain, that is not something many burglars would do, they had to obtain all that gear they are wearing and it does not look very comfortable or easy to move around in, burglars surely want to be able to flee quickly if disturbed and the person in that disguise was not going to be running very fast, this to me shows that whoever it is with whatever motive they were determined not to be identified and must have known how extensive the CCTV inside church was,

they do not seem overly nervous to me, just casually strolling around checking doors and in no hurry, they have no bag that I could see with which to carry stolen items, and surely anybody with any common sense would know that a church that had extensive CCTV is security conscious and anything valuable is going to be well locked away and cash would not be left on premises,

therefore logic to me would be he/she was not their to burgle but for other purposes,

Looks like a ball pin hammer to me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6d5d4607862df2188935bee13665361d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes! Definitely seeing the "wing" shape at the top of it too! Glad we are seeing the same thing....I am looking on google but "hammer" doesn't seem to be bringing up anything that even looks close. The ones that I've found that are shaped like that at the top don't have the same "ends" (or whatever those parts of a hammer are called.)

I wonder if I should do a search for something else more specific. The term "tools" is bringing up pictures but so far, not finding anything like what I see in that photo.

Now I see that too. I posted a pic but deleted because you're right, it didn't have the wing. I know someone back on Thread 1 or 2 or who knows...lol...posted a pic of what they thought it was but I don't remember what they called it.

Rewatched the surveillance video again and these are my new thoughts..

1) The first few seconds of the video after the suspect appears (coming out of the door) he/she is touching the wall and limping almost, IMO. It reminded me of a person who puts on ice skates for the first time and then goes out on the ice and holds onto the wall because they don't know how to walk in them. Those clearly are not the perps shoes, and they clearly do not fit the perp, therefore making it very difficult for him/her to walk in them. Personally, I think the perp is a woman and the shoes are men's boots, therefore making it even more difficult to walk in.

2) I zoomed in on the tool that the perp is carrying, and I agree with the poster (MzOpinion8d) that it looks a lot like one of the rock/geologist tools posted above. Unfortunately I don't know much about tools to know if there are others on the market that are similar. But, I think the rock/geologist tool at this point is the one that is most plausible.

3) At around 2:05 on the video the perp is using their right arm to break into a window/door. What is in his/her left hand?

Another theory I have..

Were there men that attended Missy's camps?

There is nothing, up to this point, that has suggested that Missy, nor her husband, had an affair of any type and I am not speculating that.

But, what about a jealous wife who perceived an affair was going on between her husband (who perhaps attended Missy's workouts in the mornings?) and Missy. She gets upset thinking something is going on between her husband and Missy, knows Missy's schedule (or a roundabout idea of it) since her husband attends (so she knows where the workouts take place, what time, etc.) and finally she snaps thinking something between them is going on and this is the end result?

Just another angle, although I admit it might be farfetched.

Well, I wish for some breaking news!!

splay feet " spread wide " stance with stiff lower leg gait and protruding belly was viewed in the church camera and has been established as a trait of the murderer.

Your first post where you mentioned that the perp was an alcoholic made me remember a man I used to work with years ago.He was an alcoholic who also had gout in his right big toe.He walked just like this person.Hmmm!

Try "rock hound tools" or "geology tools".

It just occurred to me that a tool like I posted would explain how they knew she was deceased on the scene with no chance of revival. Now my stomach hurts.

somebody went to extraordinary lengths to disguise their identity before they went to church, they disguised themselves so well that the gender of the person is still uncertain, that is not something many burglars would do, they had to obtain all that gear they are wearing and it does not look very comfortable or easy to move around in, burglars surely want to be able to flee quickly if disturbed and the person in that disguise was not going to be running very fast, this to me shows that whoever it is with whatever motive they were determined not to be identified and must have known how extensive the CCTV inside church was,

they do not seem overly nervous to me, just casually strolling around checking doors and in no hurry, they have no bag that I could see with which to carry stolen items, and surely anybody with any common sense would know that a church that had extensive CCTV is security conscious and anything valuable is going to be well locked away and cash would not be left on premises,

therefore logic to me would be he/she was not their to burgle but for other purposes,

That's a good point about running. The perp was eerily calm, and wore a disguise that they had to have known would prohibit them from making a quick, easy escape if need be.

Now I see that too. I posted a pic but deleted because you're right, it didn't have the wing. I know someone back on Thread 1 or 2 or who knows...lol...posted a pic of what they thought it was but I don't remember what they called it.

Wasn't there talk of some kind of rock tool or geology tool or something?! So far, Google hasn't brought up what I'm seeing.

What I see is a hammer-like tool with the wing shape at the top (it dips down) with both sides having a claw. One side is longer like a typical hammer but not as thin--thicker at the top? The other side looks like a shorter, "stubbier" part that also dips down like a claw somewhat. It doesn't look like the typical hammer end that is rounded, but maybe pointier??

I have NO idea if this is any help at all. Every search I've done has resulted in nothing comparable. My eyes may be playing tricks on me.

Well, I wish for some breaking news!!

You and me both. I've been checking the news and I haven't seen any new stories related to her case in at least a day. All I keep seeing over and over is the shirt at the dry cleaners.

Wasn't there talk of some kind of rock tool or geology tool or something?! So far, Google hasn't brought up what I'm seeing.

What I see is a hammer-like tool with the wing shape at the top (it dips down) with both sides having a claw. One side is longer like a typical hammer but not as thin--thicker at the top? The other side looks like a shorter, "stubbier" part that also dips down like a claw somewhat. It doesn't look like the typical hammer end that is rounded, but maybe pointier??

I have NO idea if this is any help at all. Every search I've done has resulted in nothing comparable. My eyes may be playing tricks on me.

Scroll up a bit. There was a poster who posted some geologist tools, one of which looks a lot like it.

I googled and I'm thinking more like the blue one in your pic. It has more of a blunt end on the other side...

The boots the perp wears: Does anyone think he's wearing those shin/knee guards that laborers and roofers wear? Roofers use a claw-type tool to pull off old shingles.
attachment.php

This image came up when I searched 'pry bar roofer'.

Attachments

• Sheetmetalhammerwithgrip.jpg
    Sheetmetalhammerwithgrip.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 215
This is a real head scratcher....Clothing is very cheap, nowadays, seems he would have tossed the bloody shirts. Could be to cause a distraction, for LE? But why would BB and RB need to cause a distraction??? Just doesn't make sense?

IMHO

I agree Wildebeest, it makes no sense to me either. My first thought was ok why didn't t he just throw the shirt out? My dogs are my kids and I couldn't bear to have the shirt around. But then I think ok it would be dumb to throw it away and it be found in the trash or somewhere with blood on it, of course that would look very suspicious. I have opinions that I will keep to myself so I don't get in trouble but something is so weird with this case. I wonder where MB was killed in the church in relation to where the suspect is walking around? I apologize if I missed this I really haven't been on WS since I was following the Dermond case so I have been trying to catch up but the threads are going so fast! So glad to see this case being followed on here!

Have you seen the scary theory that perp was leaving doors open on purpose to know if MB ran off and closed door(to know where she went) and the bigger doors with glass broken to be able to reach in and unlock if MB went in those rooms. Very methodical. Scary if true.....

Wow, I had not thought of it that way. The knocking out the glass to make sure the perp could easily reach in and unlock it. That is truly scary and makes me believe that if this was a hit, which I was not entirely sure about until that was mentioned makes me feel like this was really thought out.

Do you happen to know where that sign is located or if there are several signs about this in the parking lot? I'm not sure if you are local so I thought I'd ask in case you knew. ;)

There are several signs in the parking lot close to the building off the curb. Like where you would normally see a handicap sign

My late husband use to own an Auto body shop and I still have his tool chests in the garage. There are several hammer type tools that look like what the person is using. A round flat end with a pry on back end. Beat dents out with flat end and use other to pry.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members