TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would leave it there because they'd now be covered in her blood. Taking them with him would mean putting them in his vehicle and getting her DNA in his vehicle. I'd leave them behind, too!

I am thinking about writing a list later about all the things this suspect did right in terms of his criminal plans. HIGHLY organized type. It is brilliant and condidant to choose tools at the scene (no DNA coming in, no pet hairs, etc.) and then leave them there - and the disguise was effective at keeping his/her hair and DNA off the victim, perhaps. Another thing about the kitchen - great place to find cooking tools, knives, and perhaps the hardware tools. The problem with a knife is that it tends to get wet, slip, and cut the suspect's hand (leaving blood DNA - think OJ). But anything with a rubberized handle is likely not to slip and won't cut the perp - like a screwdriver, and neither would a hammer handle.

This is a short, but interesting article about criminal profiling.

“What profilers can give you is an idea of what they’re like in the rest of their life,” Clemente said. “We look at the behavior exhibited at the crime scene.”

One thing profilers try to determine is a killer’s confidence level, which may suggest whether or not the suspect is familiar with murder investigations.

“He could be criminally experienced, or trained...or watched a lot of crime TV shows,” Clemente said. “Maybe it’s something this person has been thinking about for a long time and put a lot of effort in this.”

Profilers also try to find out where a killer may live in relation to each crime — which can sometimes be determined by an algorithm.

“We look at the hunting zone, where he’s actually committing these crimes,” Clemente said, adding that killers usually don’t venture too far away from their home.

“(The suspect) has to get back to safety,” he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fbi-expert-reveals-profile-aids-hunt-suspects-article-1.1205690

Jumping off one of my earlier posts regarding "LE uniform but no gun", what does it take to be UNABLE to obtain a gun in that state/county? Age, criminal record, etc?

In other words, why were blunt instruments needed when a gun would be faster?

My thoughts on that are - bad things can and do happen everywhere and anywhere, maybe just not as often or as predictably.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some locals on the thread have said that while murder is a very rare thing in the town, there are some issues with drugs. Missy's husband might not have been worried about her being murdered, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worried about a drug addict taking advantage of her being alone to steal her easily offloaded belongings/cash/car or whatever.

You're probably correct. I'm still trying to catch up on all of the posts. Still strikes me a little odd to be talking about a dead woman and how she was naive, etc. and that everyone was worried. Truly if there was so much worry then why wouldn't some of the campers show up early and help her prepare? JMO

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by gliving
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mis...378026341.html

"Your Affiant believes that Terri Bevers may have made or received a series of cellular
telephone calls, e-mails, and or messages prior to or during the incident that may contain vital information relating to the deceased and/or other unknown persons, including but not limited to financial information, communications by Or to the deceased and /or other unknown persons, identifiny information, locations, and whereabouts of the deceased and/or other unknown persons in regards to this investigation of murder."

Was she texting during the incident? And financial information? Are we seeing a possible motive?

I don't think so, it is typical inclusive language, not hints.\

BUT - a phone or iPad "owned" by MB doesn't necessarily mean it was one used by her, but rather that she owns the account that the devices are under - just a thought

My thoughts on that are - bad things can and do happen everywhere and anywhere, maybe just not as often or as predictably.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong but I believe some locals on the thread have said that while murder is a very rare thing in the town, there are some issues with drugs. Missy's husband might not have been worried about her being murdered, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worried about a drug addict taking advantage of her being alone to steal her easily offloaded belongings/cash/car or whatever.

Agree. If any hubby doesn't voice concern to his wife about her safety of being alone and out at 4am while he is out of town. Then that would be more odd. Jmo.

Far be it from me to bump my own post, but I just got through thoroughly reading this article and thinking about it. I know that there are many different theories about Missy's killer: the motive, age, psychological profile. Each of our theories is valid to ourselves. But this was an apparently well-planned, pre-meditated, cold-blooded murder. Missy was beaten to death in the head and chest with a hammer---not just blunt-force trauma but puncturing trauma.

I think it would help us catch the killer if we could develop a realistic profile of them. This article outlines a 22-point scale of murders. It was developed by a forensic psychologist at Columbia University.

Personally, I think the killer falls somewhere between 11 and 14 on this scale. Check it out and then test your own theory against the scale. Where does the killer rate?

MOO, y'all.

I'd say 14...."schemers stop at nothing to deceive, con and steal." :notgood:

Jumping off one of my earlier posts regarding "LE uniform but no gun", what does it take to be UNABLE to obtain a gun in that state/county? Age, criminal record, etc?

In other words, why were blunt instruments needed when a gun would be faster?

A felony conviction would prevent legal possession of a gun. It wouldn't stop a criminal from stealing or buying a stolen gun.

Maybe the killer did have a gun but decided to use the hammer instead because it was already in his hand. That would be faster than dropping the hammer and pulling a gun. JMO

I am thinking about writing a list later about all the things this suspect did right in terms of his criminal plans. HIGHLY organized type. It is brilliant and condidant to choose tools at the scene (no DNA coming in, no pet hairs, etc.) and then leave them there - and the disguise was effective at keeping his/her hair and DNA off the victim, perhaps. Another thing about the kitchen - great place to find cooking tools, knives, and perhaps the hardware tools. The problem with a knife is that it tends to get wet, slip, and cut the suspect's hand (leaving blood DNA - think OJ). But anything with a rubberized handle is likely not to slip and won't cut the perp - like a screwdriver, and neither would a hammer handle.

But he had to have tools with him to break into the church. Unless he had a key and used the tools he came across in the church to make it look like a break-in after the fact. Or he was camped out in the church after Sunday services in an area that didn't have cameras but had tools.

The news report from nbc this evening states,

"....
through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer. Police indicated it was found near her body along with other tools from the church."

Of course he may have brought some of his own tools, perhaps needing some to actually break into the church. This report says the hammer was found near her. Why would he leave it there? And other tools too
i wonder if he knew exactly where to find them or if he found where they were kept while he nonchalantly strolled around the building.

A not so pleasant thought (sorry in advance for the gruesome thought) but I wonder if by "near" her, the hammer was actually left/stuck in a wound and left behind because they could not retrieve it or the first camp participant pulled up and they panicked and took off.

You're probably correct. I'm still trying to catch up on all of the posts. Still strikes me a little odd to be talking about a dead woman and how she was naive, etc. and that everyone was worried. Truly if there was so much worry then why wouldn't some of the campers show up early and help her prepare? JMO

I think he meant his family always worried about her safety. But good point. Another male senority camper should have stated that they will volunteer to help set up for the 5am classes since that's not a good time to be out there alone while hauling and unloading equipment.

Far be it from me to bump my own post, but I just got through thoroughly reading this article and thinking about it. I know that there are many different theories about Missy's killer: the motive, age, psychological profile. Each of our theories is valid to ourselves. But this was an apparently well-planned, pre-meditated, cold-blooded murder. Missy was beaten to death in the head and chest with a hammer---not just blunt-force trauma but puncturing trauma.

I think it would help us catch the killer if we could develop a realistic profile of them. This article outlines a 22-point scale of murders. It was developed by a forensic psychologist at Columbia University.

Personally, I think the killer falls somewhere between 11 and 14 on this scale. Check it out and then test your own theory against the scale. Where does the killer rate?

MOO, y'all.

I think 12, 13, or 14 or some combination of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by txdoodah
Newbie here! I have been following this since the tragic death and like everyone trying to solve this senseless murder in my mind. The posts here are amazing, have definitely given me so much more to think about and confirmed some of my thoughts were shared by others.

I trust LE is doing everything they can (and then some) and in no way is obligated to share their findings until is something substantial. I believe they are building a case and working hard to bring this perp to justice but the wait for that is hard. With so many unknowns I keep going back to some things that have been said that stand out in my mind and I can't quit focusing on how BS and his family were so concerned about MS. Midlothian is a small town, low crime rates (or at least serious crimes to the best of my knowledge) so why so much concern? What was going on in MS life to raise so much concern? This statement is just one of the one that really bugs me.

Bevers’ mother-in-law, Marsha Tucker, told KTVT that her son was worried about his wife teaching early-morning classes.
“The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said, ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful.’ He was just so afraid something would happen,” Tucker said. “She might have been a little too naive for her own good, but she was a trusting soul. I guess she just thought everyone was good.”

So just what was he afraid of was going to happen? Why? NOBODY would be afraid of a murder at a small town church...nobody unless they knew something.

JMO
So the same morning she was killed they discussed this? THUD*
Wow TECHCLOSER, I think I'm going to call you THE CLOSER! :goodpost: You are absolutely brilliant for the way you expanded your opinion to include statements told to KTVT! What are the chances a man would tell his Mother that he was worried about his wife's safety teaching early morning classes.....and Lo and Behold, she is killed the next day as she prepares for her early morning classes!!!
I think the chances of my husband being so "spot on" with the time, place and outcome would be astronomically impossible. However, if my husband had this type of clairvoyance, I'd also let him pick me next week's lottery numbers IYKWIM???
Amazing...if my husband told his Mother, I really worry about the brakes on IQ's car.....and the next day, I die in a car accident because my brakes failed??? Again, "What are the chances?" I guess I can understand the failings of a vehicle, but his premonition also involved the actions of another human being....astounding....On so many levels.

This is the 8th thread. There has been discussion of the comments made specifically by BB all along, using words like role-playing, game, opportunity, quoting a bible verse about temptation and death, and as you point out, why is he talking about his supposedly expressed worry? Agree - it sounds a bit like consciousness of guilt, or guilty knowledge, spilling out under duress. I think it is a day poster who tracks this, but I can't remember their name.

Far be it from me to bump my own post, but I just got through thoroughly reading this article and thinking about it.

MOO, y'all.

I snipped your post, Bill. I dunno if our perp even fits this list! Have we ever ever seen anything close to this premeditation? And against a person who was so normal and good? It's almost like out of a video game or movie, just for jollies. And that's not on the list.

But he had to have tools with him to break into the church. Unless he had a key and used the tools he came across in the church to make it look like a break-in after the fact. Or he was camped out in the church after Sunday services in an area that didn't have cameras but had tools.

I am with you on this. Something keeps bringing me back to the idea he didn't break in, but was already inside and nestled somewhere. My one hang up, however, is where was his "go bag?" His helmet, his jacket etc...

Do not post/discuss comments made by general commenters in social media. They are not official sources (MSM/LE) and are considered rumor. Websleuths does not engage in rumor.

from The Rules > Social Media

***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Please familiarize yourself with all of Websleuths rules found here.

:tyou:

Quote Originally Posted by txdoodah
Wow TECHCLOSER, I think I'm going to call you THE CLOSER! :goodpost: You are absolutely brilliant for the way you expanded your opinion to include statements told to KTVT! What are the chances a man would tell his Mother that he was worried about his wife's safety teaching early morning classes.....and Lo and Behold, she is killed the next day as she prepares for her early morning classes!!!
I think the chances of my husband being so "spot on" with the time, place and outcome would be astronomically impossible. However, if my husband had this type of clairvoyance, I'd also let him pick me next week's lottery numbers IYKWIM???
Amazing...if my husband told his Mother, I really worry about the brakes on IQ's car.....and the next day, I die in a car accident because my brakes failed??? Again, "What are the chances?" I guess I can understand the failings of a vehicle, but his premonition also involved the actions of another human being....astounding....On so many levels.

Wait...I think I am the brilliant one! :happydance:This was the first red flag that I saw when I saw the woman speak on TV. Coincidence...maybe? Let'e hope so but I just keep thinking the same thing, "What are the chances"?! Only time will tell.

I snipped your post, Bill. I dunno if our perp even fits this list! Have we ever ever seen anything close to this premeditation? And against a person who was so normal and good? It's almost like out of a video game or movie, just for jollies. And that's not on the list.

My latest theory - subject to change is hitman, so to him it's his job. I don't know who hired him or why, and that is the person that actually bothers me much more and has traits from that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500