OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear her say "they don't deserve this" and then it sounds like a female saying "good job". Could be the friend's wife trying to console her after making that call.

I hear "how could people do this". Definitely hear the "good job".

This is my first post here. Ive been following these threads since thread 4 or 5. Great job digging into this everyone.

BJM said she goes there to feed the chickens. I don't see any chickens outside the teepee's? Not one. Maybe they were in coops.

I had read that FR had a mustang? I don't see one in the pictures. Maybe the red car with stripes was mistaken for a Mustang. I'm not on FB so is there any pictures posted of one on there?

If you zoom in on the Silver Tiburon in front of Chris Sr. trailer
You can see a jack handle sticking out from under the car on the front passenger side. The car also appears to be jacked up. So maybe it was there being worked on.

The open window on FR's house appears to be in the living room or kitchen. I lived in a 16x80 trailer for 5 years out in the sticks. Someone would probably make less noise coming thru the window than opening the front door, dirt & everything gets in the hinges & along the track of the doors. I also spent several years delivering oxygen & medical equipment to residences that were all out in the country. Probably been in a thousand trailers. The doors all squeaked and were loud when opened. Unless it's a new doublewide you make a lot of noise just walking in one.

There is also a curtain hanging completely out of the window at CR SR's trailer. That looks to me like maybe they tried to get away from the perpetrators by going through the window. I will have to look at the picture again to determine if that is a kitchen window or bedroom. If its the kitchen then there would be the living room then the bedrooms on the other end.

The furthest point from the bedrooms would be the best place to enter without waking anyone IMO.

I doubt the shooter or shooters had silencers or large caliber guns. A .22 with a long barrel would just be more of a sharp crack than the loud bang so i doubt anyone would have heard it next door. Most .380's have short barrels & are very loud. All the larger calibers are loud. The shorter the barrel the louder it is.

If CR & GR were found on their stomachs then they were probably woken up. To gain entry into 4 residences undetected or even one with multiple people inside & make it to where they were seems nearly impossible to me. I did read somewhere that the bodies might have been staged so maybe they were'nt all asleep.

I wondered about the 3 year old being in the house alone & i'm surprised he/she stayed inside. Most 3 yr olds ive been around can open the door.

Finally, If i went to a relatives house & saw one of them deceased & heard the baby crying i would have got the baby out. I know it might contaminate the scene but i just couldnt leave them like that. Sorry for the book.

Welcome!!!! Great first post!!!

Why exit the window?

Maybe because the dogs, even though drugged in some way, were on the front porch.
And, if anyone had heard noises, shots, and had come looking, that person would likely be out front.
Back exit provides deep woods for cover or to flee.
All above is speculation.

Why exit the window?

Do we know whether the back doors were locked? It just doesn't make sense to me that the killer or killers would exit through a window. One thing that comes to mind, and it is not a pleasant thought, but it is possible that a victim could have opened the window, trying to escape the killer or killers.

I don't think BJM is involved in any way, shape, or form... BUT I did find it odd that she couldn't remember if someone followed her inside one of the trailers or how/what led to her brother finding Dana, Hanna, & ChrisJr. But then again, after witnessing that horrifying scene... I'm not sure if I'd be able to remember my own name.

I also noticed she said it surprised her to find both doors locked, so I wonder if that means they were typically unlocked? If so, the killer/s may have just walked inside without knocking. I think it's possible they were let inside by someone at Chris SR's house and then exited the bedroom window, but I doubt they were let in at FR's because both FR & HG were found in their bed. She didn't mention any other blood being visible anywhere other than the bedroom either (so he probably wasn't placed there after the fact).

Could also mean that they were typically up and about before she got there to do chores--going outside and unlocking a door.

I can't find a picture showing that there was an open window at FR'S place. Am I overlooking it?

7efc39fed62aaaf4c61e8af6e17e63a7.jpg

If you want to see something that will further break your heart, go to Dana Rhoden FB, March 22 and 21.

photo of interior of her new home
photo of CR jr cleaning ceiling fan
read brief captions/comments

It seemed wrong to see this and I said a little prayer.
This case is very hard on all.
Imagine LE and Crime Scene people dealing with this daily, constantly.

One last thought. BJM mentioned the bloody drag marks. The person who did this had to be either fairly strong, I'd think, or knew how to lift and drag a, well, "dead weight" person, for lack of a better term. It's not easy, and not everyone can accomplish it, let alone accomplish it quickly. There's classes that are required, for some people to pass, who are in certain occupations b/c of the difficulty. CR1 nor GR seemed to be lightweight fellas either. I'd guess them to be at least 180+ lbs. Again, just a thought.

That's the one thing I can't figure. If you drag someone, normally, you would grab them from behind, under the armpits OR you would grab them by their heels, elevate the legs and pull.

How did the bodies end up on their bellies in the backroom? Dragging a body face down would be the hardest way to accomplish a drag.

eta: not that I'm an expert on dragging dead bodies or anything :confused::

Very interesting that she mentioned a window was wide open in both Chris Sr. And Frankie's trailers as well as both doors being locked. Also no shell casings or bullets seen in either trailer by her. I'm wondering if those windows were opened wide to give the appearance of someone having entered and exited that way and if they were used for entry by the perps or just staged for effect.

The average trailer window is 30" wide. There are no porches to even stand on to ease entry into the windows. I'd think most adult males (if in fact it were a male(s) who did this) would have a hard time getting through those windows w/o, at the very least, something to stand on. I'm leaning more toward the windows were open for a cross breeze. It was warm that day and trailers get pretty hot (it was also not very cold that night if I remember correctly).

That's the one thing I can't figure. If you drag someone, normally, you would grab them from behind, under the armpits OR you would grab them by their heels, elevate the legs and pull.

How did the bodies end up on their bellies in the backroom? Dragging a body face down would be the hardest way to accomplish a drag.
The hardest way to drag them is the way in which they were found. The easiest is to pick them up, under their arms, and lift them as high as you can, and then drag. For an example of dealing with dead weight, if anyone out there has had a toddler throw a temper tantrum, and go limp on them, they become about 30 pounds heavier when you try to pick them up.

They could have pepper sprayed them, sprayed their eyes with another substance.

Maybe, but my recollection from when our family dog got sprayed in the face by a skunk was that the howling was pretty profound. People would be accustomed to the dogs barking at things and sleep through it. But howling in pain might be a cause for alarm.

I'm sticking with the steak, or sedative theories.

I've heard through non-MSM that this is where DR was, which, lends me to give some credence to the possibility that CR2 was found at his mother's homeplace, but maybe not inside the actual home, as has been rumored.

It may have been common practice for CR1 and FR to leave their doors unlocked (per BJM interview) but maybe DR's was locked so they knocked. Early morning hours/ I would think it is almost a certainty she asked who it was before she opened the door, then again maybe that was a forced entry.

Clarence Rhoden's prison admission date was 4/7/1998 for sexual battery, just over 18 years ago. I don't know the age of his victim or when exactly the crime was committed, but that might give someone a motive to wipe out the entire family ... a revenge killing long in the making? Not sure if this theory brought up in any of the hundreds (thousands?) of prior forum posts?

It appears she was extremely tight with the Rhodens. Perhaps it has been discussed and I missed it, but in the 911 call, it appears she only reported what she found at CR1's home and didn't say anything about her nephew, his two children and his fiance. I don't get that at all.

My take is that after she called 911 she went to check on the others.

If you want to see something that will further break your heart, go to Dana Rhoden FB, March 22 and 21.

photo of interior of her new home
photo of CR jr cleaning ceiling fan
read brief captions/comments

It seemed wrong to see this and I said a little prayer.
This case is very hard on all.
Imagine LE and Crime Scene people dealing with this daily, constantly.

Wow, and then one month later, to the day, and they were gone. How sad. :(

I listened with headphones too ... I don't hear "please don't hurt me" ... she's talking to the child, says something to the child, and he says something in return, but I don't think it's "good job."

​[video=youtube;3jKapxxJycw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKapxxJycw[/video]

Okay, now to me (with headphones) I'm almost sure she says, "Oh Jesus, Frankie!" and is crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard