OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what everyone had a head shot? I don't remember that detail from the ME presser, but a lot has happened since then...
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohio-shooting-pike-county/

"It would appear all of them were shot in the head," DeWine said. "It would appear it occurred at night. ... The mother was killed in bed with the 4-day-old right there."

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Investigators-Several-dead-at-Pike-County-Ohio-home-376728131.html

Seven adults and a 16-year-old boy from the Rhoden family were found dead April 22 at four properties near Piketon. Authorities say all eight were shot in the head, and some had other gunshot wounds and bruising. Three young children were unharmed.

I gave the stepfather's interview of Candy Newsome's murder a number of pages back. He said in the video Candy and her daughter were shot in the back of the head, Candy in bed, the teen while running away from the shooter.

That looks like an interior door lock, like for a bedroom. Very easy to "pop" open with a butterknife. I know because i have locked myself out of my bedroom. I have also had to break in to my bosses office at work with a steakknife, because he couldn't find his key, after i did that management decided they had to buy better locks if the secretary could get in. My son also used to break into my bedroom when i was at work by removing the door and then replacing it. IMO i think they came in through the back doors anyway, makes more sense if your going to sneak in somewhere would you just go to the front door or sneak up to the back.

Hi, I've been following this case since the beginning. I can't get this case off my mind, the murders are just so vicious, and this case is so unusual in that most cases when a family is murdered the killer is either caught quickly or commits suicide. I've turned over so many scenarios in my mind, and nothing feels quite "right" as it relates to the KR factor.

What I think is that the killer(s) are known to the Rhodens ( very close/related ), and the Rhodens had no clue what was coming. But why would the killer(s) go to KR's and kill him? That's what I am having a hard time trying to figue. So I started wondering if just maybe KR was killed mostly as a way to confuse LE. There may have been other motives as well, but maybe it wasn't necessary to murder KR, but was done so to further confuse LE as to the motives behind the other murders.

Also, I started out thinking one or two people at most are responsible for this ( the actual murders) but had leaned more toward it being one person. Now I'm thinking two people. I don't think there were more involved in the physical part of the murders, because I doubt one could find a group of people to get on board with something like this. And there's the "trust" factor to worry about as well. More people, more likely someone would have broke by now. If there were two killers, I think maybe one was more angry/enraged during the killings while the other was more deliberate and thought things through more. I also think there's mixed motives for these murders. Oh, and I do think there are those who have a pretty good idea who did this and why.

Anyway, that's where I'm at so far! I hope and pray those responsible will be caught and soon.

Wow that is interesting. JM's wife. Must have had a tiffy back in 2000. This family has a lot of drama that's for sure.
However, as far as a motive, I can't see the family being smooth enough to pull it off without being caught right away. I'm still going toward drug related entirely.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I focused on the victim in DR's DV charge early on, but dismissed it. I don't see family doing this. If there was just one or two victims, like CR1 and DR, I would think it's quite believable that a sibling did it, but to kill the entire family? Sure, the victim in the DV charge, who is not a blood relative, could have been removed enough to do it, but couldn't do it by herself. I doubt her husband or sil would help her do that.

I think the windows were probably already open. Trailers heat up pretty quick and there's no shade there. While it wasn't a blistering day that day, it was warm-ish. There'd be no need to open two windows at each location to break in or stage a scene. One would be enough. They may have just been trying to get a bit of a cross breeze. (But, I'm one of those windows open in cool weather people.)

Did the trailer ever have a room AC unit? Mounted in the window?

Frankie's trailer was a split bedroom plan with the kitchen/dining in the middle of the house. The front door opened into the living room with the dining and kitchen to the left- dining in front and kitchen in back.
How can you tell? I tried placing the windows and guessed it's age from when it appeared on the land.

Weird. It was Hannah M Rhoden. So wild that there's another one stopped in Pike County. I just saw the birthdate. This one will be 24 this year, so you're right. Crazy.

Please ! No more adding names- I still cant keep up TIA!!!!

Very informative article about hiding and laundering money earned from illegal drug activity. Thanks for sharing!

And it matches LM statement about nursing home. A lot of folks took it to mean she was loved, but it was in the same sentance as his reference to child custody,,,,,,also fits in with all "medical" settings you folks have found. At the end of the day =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

RE: Plus if you think they're officers you're not going to have your gun pulled out on them at first, maybe why noone shot at the killers.[/QUOTE]

WOW winter- never crossed my mind but adds even more to my core beliefs!!

Prescription pain meds are pretty much an issue everywhere that most are sadly oblivious too. Which turns to heroine. It's the sad reality of today's society. We don't know they were dabbling in that what so ever.

I've felt there could be more than the pot, but I'm not sure.

Oh, I thinking Breaking Bad" the sequel was happening. Someone pointed out the tons of big 55 gallon drums all over the place and haz matt was on scene before BCI!

I think that it is possible that the murders were done by another local grower that was ticked off with the competition. The first MSM reports that i see state one location had hundreds of plants. I don't see ones that say 200, but I certainly could of missed it. Hundreds of plants could be 200 or 900. It also is reported as commercial and sophisticated, and states were three locations.
My thought is that its is possible that the main grow has been around for awhile and on the property's CRsr lived on with FR helping with the plants. This year with purchase of the property that DR just moved to, and the property that MR lived on they decided to expand and start two more operations.
DS says there was a tray of plants in the shed at KR's place. It is possible that they were going to plant them that Friday, and the working on cars was a cover. Maybe there were plants found (third location) found at DR's either recently planted or ready to plant.
Maybe far out there, but it possible they found out about the plans to expand. IMO it could be a local grower that saw the expansion as a possibility of taking money away from thier business and got very angry.
Just my thoughts for today, could certainly change tomorrow.

Crawling in and out of those small windows sure would leave alot of fingerprints unless of course they wore gloves.

That's exactly what I said. Potential for DNA everywhere. I was just playing devil's advocate with that post. It really doesn't seem possible.

Oooh very interesting....

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

We have to remember she was 21 when that took place. I'm 36 and if someone pulled some of the really stupid stuff I did when I was 21 - you wouldn't believe it.

I was thinking it looks like an older Chevy Lumina or something like that. Definitely looks like a Chevy to me, but I could be wrong. Found this image on Google, looks quite similar.

61220fef960d0c9d60c433033d36affa.jpg

The angle of the inside edge of the tail light is off, at least for that year Lumina, and there's no lens on the trunk lid.

The trunk lid emblem looks like Hyundai, but I couldn't match the tail light shape yet. These jelly bean cars, I miss the 60s. I know I've followed that model on the road, can't even name them right now.

Kinda think that's a Ky tag.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I am just catching up and saw this. Not a familiar Ky tag. Almost looks like Michigan to me (maybe an older Michigan tag) I'm in Ky and have relatives in Michigan.

We have to remember she was 21 when that took place. I'm 36 and if someone pulled some of the really stupid stuff I did when I was 21 - you wouldn't believe it.

Right. I understand. But let's remember there were 2 people involved here. We can't discuss the other.

I think that it is possible that the murders were done by another local grower that was ticked off with the competition. The first MSM reports that i see state one location had hundreds of plants. I don't see ones that say 200, but I certainly could of missed it. Hundreds of plants could be 200 or 900. It also is reported as commercial and sophisticated, and states were three locations.
My thought is that its is possible that the main grow has been around for awhile and on the property's CRsr lived on with FR helping with the plants. This year with purchase of the property that DR just moved to, and the property that MR lived on they decided to expand and start two more operations.
DS says there was a tray of plants in the shed at KR's place. It is possible that they were going to plant them that Friday, and the working on cars was a cover. Maybe there were plants found (third location) found at DR's either recently planted or ready to plant.
Maybe far out there, but it possible they found out about the plans to expand. IMO it could be a local grower that saw the expansion as a possibility of taking money away from thier business and got very angry.
Just my thoughts for today, could certainly change tomorrow.

It would have been to early in the season to plant them that Friday. Good rule of thumb is Mother's Day. This year is late. Today it's 35 deg in pittsburgh which is somewhat close. There were snow flakes yesterday. Everything would've frosted. Farmers know this. I have a small garden and know this. If it was a cash crop I'd be even more in tune.

The angle of the inside edge of the tail light is off, at least for that year Lumina, and there's no lens on the trunk lid.

The trunk lid emblem looks like Hyundai, but I couldn't match the tail light shape yet. These jelly bean cars, I miss the 60s. I know I've followed that model on the road, can't even name them right now.

Kinda think that's a Ky tag.

Sorry I am just catching up and saw this. Not a familiar Ky tag. Almost looks like Michigan to me (maybe an older Michigan tag) I'm in Ky and have relatives in Michigan.[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you referring to the sample car in the quote, or the car that was on the rollback earlier?

Windows: Does it look like the open windows are not fully open? Seems like they aren't. Maybe the windows won't stay fully open? Not picking at the phrase "wide open", because people often say that no matter what. I know it's going to be harder to get in a window that keeps sliding down, going out would be easier.

I see I made another bad post last night, sorry about that, my mind is used to looking at everything and leaving nothing out. I'll work on getting my mind right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther