OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really haven't thought that was that big of a deal, with what BJM had just discovered I've thought she was just operating on autopilot and her brain wouldn't even be thinking about what day of the week it was to remember who should or shouldn't be there.

Someone earlier pointed out that she was Aunt Jo to both. So--while it was the child who heard and responded, she didn't have to know he was there to knock and say, "open up--it's Aunt Jo."

These were some notes about the road/properties.. I posted them on thread 15 but it closed shortly after..

Seeing the actual locations really helped me get a better perspective on the crimes. I pictured the road to be a more "wide open spaces" country road. I was completely wrong. The pictures that have been shown and the videos are really misleading. Chris's and Frankie's lot was so small in comparison to what it looks. Everything look kind of spaced out on the aerial pictures but it's much closer quarters in real life. I can only imagine how cramped it would have been with all the cars. It was hard to get pictures because I was so close to the lots. The trailers had to have been sitting fairly close to the road. Also, the road is heavily wooded and on the narrow side.
And they had neighbors- close by. I have no idea how someone didn't hear something. It's baffling really..

A couple of things I noticed-
As you start up the road, Dana's house is first- on the right. Chris and Frankie's houses were on the left about a mile away.
Dana's house had neighbors on both sides, fairly close.
Chris and Frankie also had neighbors- 2 trailers close on one side.
The road is very secluded, lots of woods, and rough. Dana's trailer was off the road a little ways but Frankie's and Chris's were both very close to the road, as were the buildings.
The only building that wasn't boarded up was the biggest one- both ends were opened.
Several of the houses on the road had "no trespassing" and "no media" signs posted.
The roosters were still there in the same coops.

Thank you to all locals who provide us with invaluable context!

Something about LM's wave struck me. Why is LE (and surviving family members) seemingly confident that no one else is in immediate danger? LM's gesture appears relaxed and friendly from the description--would he do that if the perps were still at large and LE had no idea who did it? If the R family were informants, wouldn't all of them now be in Witness Protection?

Sooooo many questions and my theory changes every day!

That struck me too. If the family was targeted then would he be standing out in the open waving at strangers? Maybe LE has a suspect and has told the family? Doesn't sound right though.

Well, that was unfortunate. But a good illustration of just how quickly things can go south when people post rumor/local gossip as fact.

Which is exactly why Websleuths requires links to things stated as facts and why we require verification of those claiming to have inside knowledge of case players.

And also why we don't allow discussion from other social media to be absorbed and incorporated into the case discussions here.

We try to do better than that.

It's a new day, grab your coffee and clear the cobwebs.

This thread is now reopened.

tlcya

Thank you to all the moderators. There are reasons I no longer even lurk on the T place (ages ago they provided the comments feature for my local newspaper). I missed the drama last night, but I can imagine. Being a moderator is a pretty thankless task. But moderation does indeed make a difference in the quality of discussion.

What's up with the pics? I thought they were very helpful and appreciate all the trouble that you went to in getting them for us. It had to be scary going down in there. Many thanks from me at least for your bravery.

I didn't really get a sense of just how isolated and "country" the area was until I saw your pics. I wanted to ask you if there were any street lights in the area. I know I saw one security light in one of the news pictures but no real street lights.

It looked like the road was dirt so I am wondering if they got any tire tracks or shoe prints(if they walked in). I realize a lot of that was probably lost when BJM and others drove down the road and walked around in the area. I know they were in shock and probably rushed to the scene and I am not sure i would not have did the same but I am hoping that LE got something.

Also if the road was dirt then there cannot have been much traffic and if there were other houses close wouldn't one of the neighbors have heard any vehicles going down the road late at night? After seeing that road I am leaning more toward the visitor theory, because just getting in and out in a vehicle at that hour would have drawn attention. Of course we don't know what neighbors have already told LE.

But anyway thanks from me for the pics.

Someone on a motorcycle could have shut it off and coasted in. No doors to slam and make noise. I thought about this after I saw a tough Latino looking guy on a motorcycle at a gas station. He had saddle bags, a "trunk" and a huge back pack, too. I also wondered how much "stuff" he could haul like that.

What's up with the pics? I thought they were very helpful and appreciate all the trouble that you went to in getting them for us. It had to be scary going down in there. Many thanks from me at least for your bravery.

I didn't really get a sense of just how isolated and "country" the area was until I saw your pics. I wanted to ask you if there were any street lights in the area. I know I saw one security light in one of the news pictures but no real street lights.

It looked like the road was dirt so I am wondering if they got any tire tracks or shoe prints(if they walked in). I realize a lot of that was probably lost when BJM and others drove down the road and walked around in the area. I know they were in shock and probably rushed to the scene and I am not sure i would not have did the same but I am hoping that LE got something. Also if the road was dirt then there cannot have been much traffic and if there were other houses close wouldn't one of the neighbors have heard any vehicles going down the road late at night? After seeing that road I am leaning more toward the visitor theory, because just getting in and out in a vehicle at that hour would have drawn attention. Of course we don't know what neighbors have already told LE.

But anyway thanks from me for the pics.
BBM-When I just read this, a thought occurred to me. :moo: whoever committed the murders could of known that BJM came every morning to feed the animals. They might of expected and relied on her to walk all over the property & enter the houses & unknowingly contaminate evidence. At least at Chris Sr. and Frankie's houses anyway.

That struck me too. If the family was targeted then would he be standing out in the open waving at strangers? Maybe LE has a suspect and has told the family? Doesn't sound right though.

I think it's just a small town, country thing. We wave at everyone around here. Now, if someone is just pulled off, near us, or a strange car pulls into our drive, that's entirely different.

Thank you to all the moderators. There are reasons I no longer even lurk on the T place (ages ago they provided the comments feature for my local newspaper). I missed the drama last night, but I can imagine. Being a moderator is a pretty thankless task. But moderation does indeed make a difference in the quality of discussion.

I am pretty new here so just out of curiosity what is the T place? Or should I even ask?

Delete this post if it is against TOS please.

Because we have so many new members who have joined to discuss this case I should have been more clear so you know the pitfalls to avoid.

The T place refers to Topix. An unmoderated chat forum that is rife with cursing, name-calling and straight gossip. It is not allowed here. No discussion of it, no linking to it. Zip zilch nada.

I think it's just a small town, country thing. We wave at everyone around here. Now, if someone is just pulled off, near us, or a strange car pulls into our drive, that's entirely different.

Here if I'm driving a pick up truck more people wave than if I'm in a car. Most men just nod...

The pictures should be open to view now.

I know you have already been to a lot of trouble just by taking the pics but would you mind answering a couple of questions?

Is the road in front of the property dirt or asphalt? It looks to me to be dirt.

Since you are somewhat close to that area, had it rained in that area anytime in the prior days before the murders?

Were there any street lights close to the houses?

Is it possible someone could have hid in the big barn earlier and came out only after they saw the lights go out in the trailer?

All of it looks really close together and so many places for someone to hide and wait. Then again with it being that close together it makes it even more puzzling why FR or HG did not hear anything and wake up. But then maybe FR and HG were killed first and that's why CR1 and GR appeared to be awake.

The sheer magnitude of this crime just boggles the mind. How were so many people living in houses so close were killed without anyone hearing anything.

Because we have so many new members who have joined to discuss this case I should have been more clear so you know the pitfalls to avoid.

The T place refers to Topix. An unmoderated chat forum that is rife with cursing, name-calling and straight gossip. It is not allowed here. No discussion of it, no linking to it. Zip zilch nada.

Thank you and thank you for your work. It is appreciated.

Someone on a motorcycle could have shut it off and coasted in. No doors to slam and make noise. I thought about this after I saw a tough Latino looking guy on a motorcycle at a gas station. He had saddle bags, a "trunk" and a huge back pack, too. I also wondered how much "stuff" he could haul like that.

Yes but wouldn't the motorcycle have been heard before he shut it off? I am not sure how far you could coast on a motorcycle but I would guess you could push it.

If these murders happened in the early morning hours, it makes you wonder if there were people in the area who left for work early?

BBM-When I just read this, a thought occurred to me. :moo: whoever committed the murders could of known that BJM came every morning to feed the animals. They might of expected and relied on her to walk all over the property & enter the houses & unknowingly contaminate evidence. At least at Chris Sr. and Frankie's houses anyway.

That thought occurred to me also. One other thing keeps playing through my mind. The reason BJM was there. I am thinking that CR1 didn't live in that trailer but instead lived with DR in hers. If that is true (not saying it is as we just don't know yet) it would answer the question everyone had earlier on here of why BJM went there to feed the animals when there were two men to do it. It would also support my theory that the reason DR and kids were killed was because the killer went to her house first looking for CR1 and found her awake posting on facebook.

If indeed that trailer was not lived in it would be even more unusual for any vehicles to be there that late at night.

I am wondering (in light of DR's posts on FB about the prayers) if they expected trouble and that is why GR was there. Maybe as a kind of backup.

Or maybe someone had been prowling around that trailer in the previous days and he was going to stay there in case someone tried to rob the place.

So many variables. So many things that could go wrong.

Here if I'm driving a pick up truck more people wave than if I'm in a car. Most men just nod...

Some do the nod, a lot do the two-finger salute, if driving. Just the the first two fingers, of one hand, and neither hand leaves the steering wheel. You know someone is most likely local if they do the salute. lol

It got crazy very quickly. I was glad you shut the thread down when you did. Thank you for all that you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500