TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can surveillance cameras be " jammed" like police radar guns ? This gave me a flashback LOL OMG its 1986 and I just got hired by the 1st PI agency I worked for. This investigator was a real kook LOL he had a restored 280Z . He picked me up and took me on some jobs and just was showing off. he had a radar jammer. So we pass a cop on 635 going 90ish and the cop was banging on his radar gun as we passed him LOL Those were fun days.

Let's try again. This is a picture of a 2011 Altima with the Navigation system. View attachment 95213
Thank you, and to Bill Carson. Either the radio or a Nav system then explains the rectangular glow in the dashboard. Posters with really good eyes might even make out those dark round holes above it. But, I don't think that the ignition switch is the other little glow spot to the left because in the actual Altima, it is level (horiz.) with the radio or Nav. I think the glow spot may be back further from the dash, like on the inner edge of the driver seat, or as one poster said, even something on the driver's right back or shoulder? EDIT TO ADD - oh my goodness, am I going crazy, after staring at these photos so much, I think I can see the driver's head (helmet?) beyond the headrest, right shoulder and right arm... there is something very familiar there. The photo I saved was MrsPC's version (maybe from from page 61, thread 20) because it was brighter and I could see everything better. As I just uploaded it, it is not as clear or birght (a copy of a copy of a copy).

Attachments

• VEHICLE 1.jpg
    VEHICLE 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 95
It was posted above that it was announced on Nancy Grace that Altima's don't have factory dual exhaust. This pic looks factory to me since you see the 2 plastic bumper cut-outs above each exhaust pipe. I think Nancy had bad info maybe.

Technically the 2.5 liter 4 cylender Altima's do not have dual exhaust. There is just a single pipe that comes off the manifold and it splits into a "Y" just before the rear bumper. Hence the 2 cutouts.
The 3.5 liter V6 does have true dual exhaust.

In all honesty. The police suspect that the Nissan driver is the perp. Jmo.

Here's why. That license plate number was either hidden by the perp. Which would make them a suspect. Or the police photoshopped the license number on purpose to make the perp think that they couldn't get the license plate.

Now imo. That license plate would definitely be readable to us if not for something that either the perp or LE did.

But hold on. Let's say the police simply didn't want us to slueth the license number and cause headaches to the owner. What would they do? Imo. They would simply blur out the numbers on the pic without some photoshop enhancement to make it look like they couldn't capture the number. So either the Nissan driver tricked the camera. Or LE is trying to trick the Nissan driver with that special blotch out of the license when they could have simply did a blurry thingy. Jmo.

But why would the police release the image if they believe it is the perp and if they can read the license number?

Can surveillance cameras be " jammed" like police radar guns ? This gave me a flashback LOL OMG its 1986 and I just got hired by the 1st PI agency I worked for. This investigator was a real kook LOL he had a restored 280Z . He picked me up and took me on some jobs and just was showing off. he had a radar jammer. So we pass a cop on 635 going 90ish and the cop was banging on his radar gun as we passed him LOL Those were fun days.

Someone here may be able to give you a more comprehensive answer, but from what I understand, the answer to your question is yes. The method to do so and how successful it is, is probably dependent on the type of surveillance system in place. I know wireless surveillance cameras (which are typically internet-enabled) are at a risk of being hacked, or remotely compromised. Many CCTV cameras use UHF/VHF frequencies to operate and these camera can theoretically be "jammed" using a (powerful) jamming device.

BatBrat - you do great work. I would like to ask a favor. Can you fnd SP waist line and elbow in some way.

A woman's elbows are at her waist her center of gravity where she beds her body.

A man's elbows are above his waist and center of gravity.

Can you do something with this information?

BTW this is the one true way to tell if a man is dressed as a woman. (In case anyone is confused some day)

Thanks for the suggestion TeaTime. I found it difficult to isolate frames where you could see the elbow and the waist clearly. So I decided to just pick one good elbow frame and create a "body scan" type image, where I stripped the outer clothing off and approximated the frame underneath. Note: the actual weight may be inaccurate, this is just to illustrate my approximation of a body frame:

attachment.php

I don't know what most people's idea of a man's actual waist is, so I googled it: "at the hip bones just below the belly button". So that's where I drew the waistline.

Attachments

• bodyscan.jpg
    bodyscan.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 567
But why would the police release the image if they believe it is the perp and if they can read the license number?

It helps with circumstancial evidence of a guilty party that knows we are looking for you but now you want to hide and not come forward to answer questions. Now we have offered you a chance to come forward. But we will now just get a warrant to search your car and phone and whatever else.

Especially if they seen that car multiple times on other cameras before and after. Example a gas station at 5 am or something. Idk.

So in this theory. The police knows who the person is. The police may have a good feeling that the person is viable to the case. But the police may not have enough to get a warrant without exhausting voluntary chances by the perp. Plus you show the car just in case other cars or neighbors noticed that car out there during various hours near the crime scene.

It helps with circumstancial evidence of a guilty party that knows we are looking for you but now you want to hide and not come forward to answer questions. Now we have offered you a chance to come forward. But we will now just get a warrant to search your car and phone and whatever else.

Especially if they seen that car multiple times on other cameras before and after. Example a gas station at 5 am or something. Idk.

So in this theory. The police knows who the person is. The police may have a good feeling that the person is viable to the case. But the police may not have enough to get a warrant without exhausting voluntary chances by the perp. Plus you show the car just in case other cars or neighbors noticed that car out there during various hours near the crime scene.

BBM - yeah, true.

But wouldn't they gain the same/perhaps more if they just went straight to the person? Do you know of other cases where police have released car images and acted like they don't already know the answers? Not being argumentative, just curious about the technique :)

BBM - yeah, true.

But wouldn't they gain the same/perhaps more if they just went straight to the person? Do you know of other cases where police have released car images and acted like they don't already know the answers? Not being argumentative, just curious about the technique :)

They did it in the Brenda Delgado case where she had her exes new doctor girlfriend killed. But she borrowed a guys jeep. They showed the jeep entering the murder scene. The guy seen it on the news and said he had loaned it to Brenda.

This ultimately lead to the arrest of brenda and 2 others.

I'm sure they had received other leads about the jeep as well also. Jmo

I think the Altima driver should go in and explain what they were doing driving around in a rain storm in the middle of the night. I'm sure there's a very simple explanation. If the driver doesn't go in and clear this up, it makes it look like they have something to hide, and I'm sure they don't want to give the police that impression. The police have said the driver isn't a suspect, so there's no risk to going in.
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back and reading all the SW, (seeing if I may have missed) but I do not see that in the SW, I see that the Suspect is caught on Creekside's interior surveillance videos, but nothing of MB veh being on any surveillance. Again, I think that information, as to the location of surveillance camera and other information is not being disclosed. JMHO ** also remember the SW Affidavits are Summaries of information known, not all the information known.
SW for iPhone & iPad View attachment 95128

SW for Ford F150 View attachment 95129

SW for ATT Cell Tower Dump View attachment 95130

Just now seeing this, arkansanmimi - thanks for rounding these up! Unfortunately, I think the info concerning her car being captured by interior CC cams was either in the press conference or articles early on, not something mentioned in search warrants.

ETA: yes, Apr 22 presser, where Missy's arrival in parking lot is noted at 4:16 AM.

They did it in the Brenda Delgado case where she had her exes new doctor girlfriend killed. But she borrowed a guys jeep. They showed the jeep entering the murder scene. The guy seen it on the news and said he had loaned it to Brenda.

This ultimately lead to the arrest of brenda and 2 others.

I'm sure they had received other leads about the jeep as well also. Jmo

I see, and the police presumably already had Brenda on their minds?

Thanks.

I can't watch. Her drama and voice grate on my nerves. And she steals maps. lol
Maybe someone who can stand to watch can let us know if there is anything new...I'm doubting it though...

She is a lawyer...and steals?! :thinking: NG should admit on air where she got the map, she would not like research stolen from her....shame on her. Now we know for sure her minions read here....and with that, that is why I no longer watch her.

IMO all the wonderful WS members, who work so,hard to bring info to other members as well as help solve crimes, need to watermark their work from now on.

Going by the height range given by LE, if it's a man, it's a man who is distinctively short imo. Like, he'd probably stand out among Missy's circle of acquaintances, or it would be a small amount of men to select from.
If it's a woman, I'd say a very large number of women fit into that height range and it would be harder to narrow down the field.

I not sure but from the Dateline interview, SIL made it sound like it was a school day for MB children. JMHO

Thanks for this!

Chief Smith said that at the first presser (it was with with Captain Spann) (iirc Asst Chief Johnson has had all the rest of the Update Press Conf) and I do agree that the way the reporter asked it, was like someone had said that or they just assumed it. The SW have couple diff wordings, but as they don't want to speak of her COD. They are saying Homicide though. So they actual COD from Autopsy, may not be known for a long time. I know on a new interview on 4/21 MT stated that she didnt know or even sure if BB knew.. then later BB said he hadn't seen the docs and asked not to be told. That could be an added reason not releasing the full stuff. JMHO

* I know in Beverly Carter murder, they did not release COD until her trial was going on. IIRC, the family was only told not long before the trial.Chief Smith said that at the first presser (it was with with Captain Spann) (iirc Asst Chief Johnson has had all the rest of the Update Press Conf) and I do agree that the way the reporter asked it, was like someone had said that or they just assumed it. The SW have couple diff wordings, but as they don't want to speak of her COD. They are saying Homicide though. So they actual COD from Autopsy, may not be known for a long time. I know on a new interview on 4/21 MT stated that she didnt know or even sure if BB knew.. then later BB said he hadn't seen the docs and asked not to be told. That could be an added reason not releasing the full stuff. JMHO

* I know in Beverly Carter murder, they did not release COD until her trial was going on. IIRC, the family was only told not long before the trial.

You are right...that careful COD wording was in the 1st presser, not 2nd as I stated. However, it was stated by Spann, not Smith, after Spann took over about half way through and fielded reporters' questions (much to Smith's relief, I'd imagine ;) ).

I'm thinking SP could have driven in with vehicle lights Off... In addition maybe she had license plate concealed as an added precaution... And after she killed MB, the SP left with her vehicle lights off as well until she got on the highway. JMO

I was also thinking that MB may have unlocked & entered the church initially while carrying at least one load of her gear for class. (If it's raining I would think MB want to minimize the # of trips back and forth to the truck to stay as dry as possible). Or even carrying an umbrella.... Either way, this would give SP opportunity to attack MB when she was carrying something...JMO

I also stand by what I said previously that SP wanted to confront MB during the attack. SP is clearly a very sick individual who gained some disgusting satisfaction of getting the "last word" during the kill. JMO

Technically the 2.5 liter 4 cylender Altima's do not have dual exhaust. There is just a single pipe that comes off the manifold and it splits into a "Y" just before the rear bumper. Hence the 2 cutouts.
The 3.5 liter V6 does have true dual exhaust.
Thanks! Too bad you weren't asking the questions because NG's guest probably knows a lot like you do. We have the transcript already. I thought this guest was well worth listening to (and he would know the factory colors for that year and he guesses it is silver):

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/23/ng.01.html

"GRACE: ......Steven Becker joining me right now, vehicle ID expert with Robson Forensics. Steven, we`ve given you this information. What can you tell about this vehicle?

STEVEN BECKER, VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION EXPERT (via telephone): Hi, Nancy. The vehicle`s actually quite identifiable. It`s interesting there`s so many features that are noticeable in this grainy black nighttime, grainy video footage. But you can clearly figure out what type of car this is.

[20:05:00]GRACE: Well, what can you tell us? Break it down.

BECKER: Sure. The main features, you can see -- if you look at the lower portion of the bumper, you`ll see dual exhaust pipes, very unique feature for a four-door sedan. You can also see that this is a four-door sedan. You can see the door handles on the side.

You`ve got a V-shaped trunk lid with the license plate in the center of the trunk lid, not on the bumper. There`s also a bumper sticker below the license plate that`s identifiable. You can even make out the emblem and the shape of the emblem indicating that it`s a Nissan. And then there`s a piece of chrome trim above the license plate that clearly identifies the year of the Nissan in the video. Also, the...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa! Wa-wait! Wa-wait! What year is it? Can you tell what year it is?

BECKER: Oh, definitely. This is a 2010 to 2012. You can`t narrow it down more than that because they didn`t change the rear end of the vehicle much between those two years. But what you can tell is that, like in the 2015 or one of the newer ones, the chrome trim is much, much wider. In other words, it would definitely show up and you`d identify it differently from the incident vehicle. The older ones, like the 2007 and such, there is no chrome trim of the license plate. And the geometry of the bumper is different, as well.

GRACE: OK. In a nutshell, Steven Becker, vehicle ID expert with Robson Forensics, if you had to put money on it, what would you say this car is -- make, model, year, color, anything you can tell me?

BECKER: Again, it`s a 2010 to 2012 Nissan Altima. It`s light in color, and I would say more likely than not silver. ..."

Just now seeing this, arkansanmimi - thanks for rounding these up! Unfortunately, I think the info concerning her car being captured by interior CC cams was either in the press conference or articles early on, not something mentioned in search warrants.

ETA: yes, Apr 22 presser, where Missy's arrival in parking lot is noted at 4:16 AM.

lol you rascal... I went and looked at them lol you thought it was there, ok going to look there. ...OK. Yes, that's where they state when she entered the parking lot but not where they got the source of that ;) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12519658#post12519658 so I just going to believe that something they holding close to the vest. Thank you again!!!!

In case y'all didn't figure this out while I was at work, the bright light on the inside of car is the radio, not the rear view mirror. And the little light to the left of the radio is the "start" button. Altimas have push-button start.

211d22c301c38fac798c2854eeabb42e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this, Bill! The round ignition switch light certainly looks to be about right - but am I the only one who thinks that upper rounded-edged rectangle is the rear view mirror reflecting the light from the parking lot light directly behind the car (same direct angle as camera?)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The rectangle in your car photo is sharp, narrower, and about level with the ignition light.

I'm thinking while perp's ignition was certainly on, his radio likely wasn't, and that the upper rectangle is still rear view mirror. JMO, IMO....

Hello, I am new here. I live in Midlo and knew Missy (vaguely) and this crime has really rattled me. I so want there to be a clear suspect and previously I was clinging tight to a theory that was explorer on the radio show two weeks ago, about a jealous spouse. But now I wonder if a jealous spouse could outsmart LE AND the Texas Rangers AND the FBI. I feel like anytime we react out of anger, we are sloppy. How many times have I spoken out of anger and said the wrong thing? This would be that to the umpth degree.

I have an increased, horrifying fear that this was a random crime. If LE had even a hunch that one of the POIs did it, couldn't they arrest them on lesser charge to get them off the streets for a little while and "warn" citizens that this is likely the killer? There are charges to be had here in addition to murder...breaking and entering, impersonating LE. Any of these would work and show the town that the PD has their man or woman. So why not???

BBM

..for LE to make an arrest, even on "a hunch", they need probable cause to make it stick. Once an arrest is made/ (specific) charges need to be filed.....a DA wants evidence to be able to present to the court/jury to get a conviction, ( this "is likely" the killer won't do it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500