TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking this from the beginning ... That whoever it is, they were able to withstand the heat generated by the helmet and the whole outfit, which seems to be quite bulky.

I'd be sweating my *advertiser censored* off!

But the perp seems to be very comfortable in it, and not bothered. Could that be a clue? Not sure, just something I've thought of.

JMO - MOO

Maybe eliminating females in age range 49-55? (Not that I would know...) ;)

Thanks for post. I didn't mean a group did it, I meant one person who wanted her dead may have had a friend help out by lending his car or something without worrying that friend would ever tell anyone.

Well said, Nationals, and I'm in agreement with you. It's also going to be interesting to see what type of "post-offense" behavior was demonstrated by the perpetrator, and if they tried to inject themselves in to this investigation in an influential manner. If that has happened, I imagine the FBI has got their number. JMO

Did we determine LE 's reason for requesting a non live stream in press conference? To be able to edit anything they may have slipped up and inadvertently let slip out?

Did we determine LE 's reason for requesting a non live stream in press conference? To be able to edit anything they may have slipped up and inadvertently let slip out?

I liked the idea someone posted upthread that perhaps LE wanted to monitor someone's actions during and after the press conference. That would mean they have someone in mind....sure wish that were true.

jmopinion

I really have nothing useful to add....Just to say that I am sad that we have no arrest yet in this case. Growing colder by the day.

Seems (to me) like just basic wise policy. Its simply an unknown. Why take any risk or step into the unknown if you don't have to? They want to control the flow of info and knowledge as much as possible if there may be a benefit to the investigation. Never give away an advantage.

Plus, there are SURE to be alot of repetitive, boring, unnecessary questions asked, which the viewers can't even hear. You get a bunch of reporters together, they all feel like they have to ask something, and have a knack for asking the same thing someone else already asked. If this were on TV the viewers (and potential witnesses) would be frustrated after 3 minutes and switch to something like people screaming at their brother in law's aunt's boyfriend.

I think its strategic. Maybe all they have is circumstantial and are trying to see if anyone comes forward to give them more info about the person LE strongly suspects and by releasing info about the Altima and height range they are sending a message to the perp but also appealing to those who may know the perp and could volunteer tips and other info that could help them with their case. We don't know what info LE has that they aren't releasing. I do know the FBI and rangers are assisting and I think they crafted the latest statement in a very specific way. They could have released the Altima video earlier but waited until they had experts give a height range for the perp. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic but I think they know what they are doing and will solve this.

I think your part about groups who you think did this seems pretty specific to me, JMO. I would respectfully disagree as I think the person who killed missy Planned and killed her alone. Jmo

I agree. Perhaps someone in a costume store may come forward and say, well I had this man/woman in here about 2 months after Halloween looking for a Swat outfit and oh by the way I recall seeing them leave and get into an Altima. Oh, by the way...we keep our security video for 12 months. I believe they have someone in their sights, but I also believe they only have circumstantial evidence, they are looking to firm up their case so to speak and need the public's help in doing so.

I thought someone upthread had said Missy worked with special needs kids-which in our area can include everything from challenged to disturbed kids. Based on the height, is it possible she came across a lark burglary by a teenager she knew from working with the kids? In our area even if you have small children in your class, you still intermingle with the older kids. The kid panicked because she recognized him and accidentally murdered her? Or maybe I have the wrong victim's occupation prior..

Its so weird that with the reinactment the best they can come up with is 5'2-5'7. They should have been able to come up with the exact height right down to the centimeter. Something is definitely up with that. I guess they are allowing for someone to be wearing 5" lifts. That's the only explanation or those mathematicians need to go into some other line of work.

I was originally wondering this as well. There's a statistical analysis that's done after they measure certain things and use projective geometry and real time measurements and recreations at the scene and they have to account for error in their calculation as well. It's some complicated math (at least to me but I stink at math), and accounts for everything from camera distortions, perp wearing a hat or shoes, etc. but once they calculate they usually give a range that gives them a margin of error that takes into account many possible errors that are listed in the article (I'm sure there's a more technical term for this), and that number is calculated as well and the range of height given is generally +/- 3 standard deviations of the height they have calculated. I promised I wasn't going to post on this specific aspect again bc I do think they gave us the correct height range but I found another article that is somewhat easy to understand, is a quick read, has illustrations, and is where I got the information for this post.

The most interesting thing I took away from this article (which is an older article but it still illustrates why there is a range given), was that they state that video evidence when trying to find height is usually used for elimination purposes or to aid with a co operating individual (which I doubt we have in this case) so who knows, but this is a quick read and if someone as math and spatial challenged as myself can somewhat understand it maybe it can help someone else as well. Keep in mind it's not that recent of an article but the general theory and measurements are pretty much the same with more current and complicated stuff I have read:

https://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vgg/publications/1998/Criminisi98b/criminisi98b.pdf

Cars with six cylinder engines have dual exhausts. Cars with four cylinder engines have the single exhaust. It depends on which engine you prefer when you purchase a car. Most manufacturers offer either engine.

Wow, so they stopped at Whataburger on the way to have a snack before they kill. How creeeeepy. Is it even open that late? What time does it close and open in am? I doubt a gym rat would be eating that crap. Maybe a late night or early morning fast food worker who took a noticed MB and took fancy to her then started stalking her. No one at home to really notice if they arrive late or leave extra early. Maybe lives alone or with roommate or parent.

The latter part of your post ties in with what I have theorized over the past week or two. JMO but I think that the killer was someone who didn't know Missy specifically but became aware of her and her schedule.

It might be a fast food place or an all night convenience store. Perhaps MB stops in to use the bathroom or get a drink. Perp is a customer or employee. Observes how she's dressed or overhears her say something about teaching a class at Creekside. Or maybe the perp follows her to see where she goes.

My profile of the perp is someone who wants the thrill of a kill. He identifies MB thru chance encounter and then takes note of her exact schedule over subsequent days until he knows what kind of window of opportunity he has. He gathers his costume. Then he strikes.

If I were LE, I would have canvassed all open to the public businesses between MB's house and the church, and gotten any video footage as far back as I could. I would interview employees to see if MB ever came in there either before OR after her class (perp's first encounter with her could have been AFTER class now that I think about it).

Thanks for posting this, Bill! The round ignition switch light certainly looks to be about right - but am I the only one who thinks that upper rounded-edged rectangle is the rear view mirror reflecting the light from the parking lot light directly behind the car (same direct angle as camera?)

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The rectangle in your car photo is sharp, narrower, and about level with the ignition light.

I'm thinking while perp's ignition was certainly on, his radio likely wasn't, and that the upper rectangle is still rear view mirror. JMO, IMO....

Do Altimas have OnStar and would that be useful to the investigation?

GRACE: OK. In a nutshell, Steven Becker, vehicle ID expert with Robson Forensics, if you had to put money on it, what would you say this car is -- make, model, year, color, anything you can tell me?

BECKER: Again, it`s a 2010 to 2012 Nissan Altima. It`s light in color, and I would say more likely than not silver. ..."

Typical NG. Her "expert" is funny because he's clearly just a windbag, not an expert.

His "expert opinion" is nothing more than a parroting of exactly what LE said in the press conference, and then a description of an Altima from looking at a picture of one. Heck, we're all experts, by that standard !!

Wow, so they stopped at Whataburger on the way to have a snack before they kill. How creeeeepy. Is it even open that late? What time does it close and open in am? I doubt a gym rat would be eating that crap. Maybe a late night or early morning fast food worker who took a noticed MB and took fancy to her then started stalking her. No one at home to really notice if they arrive late or leave extra early. Maybe lives alone or with roommate or parent.

We don't know that the perp stopped at Whataburger or anywhere else before the murder. It is possible, but we need to make sure to state if something is an opinion or a fact. Most Whataburger locations are open 24 hours, but I don't know if they all are. All of the locations near me are open 24 hours. Maybe a local can confirm if the location on 287 in Midlothian is open 24 hours.

I'm surprised by now someone hasn't come in and said oh yeah I've seen that car at my neighbors house or at my job or at the store I work at, Drs office, in my drive-thru line, etc. Makes me think it's not from that town. Are residents of other cities in the state outside of Midlothian following the case that closely.

I keep seeing it mentioned that the car owner hasn't talked to LE yet. Guys (and gals), we don't KNOW that. Just because LE hasn't followed up to say, "hey, we've located the driver of that Altima" doesn't mean there's been no forward progress. I'm actually inclined to believe there's been a lot of forward momentum since last weeks press conference, and they probably HAVE talked to the driver. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought someone upthread had said Missy worked with special needs kids-which in our area can include everything from challenged to disturbed kids. Based on the height, is it possible she came across a lark burglary by a teenager she knew from working with the kids? In our area even if you have small children in your class, you still intermingle with the older kids. The kid panicked because she recognized him and accidentally murdered her? Or maybe I have the wrong victim's occupation prior..

Missy worked as a special-ed teacher for a few years before she had children of her own. Her oldest child is now a teenager, which means Missy hasn't worked in special-ed for many years. I don't see a connection between her murder and her former profession.

Now, is there a connection with Missy current line of work? That's what I'm wondering....

JMOpinion

LE has video from Whataburger...seems really unlikely that they wouldn't have noticed this very specific car they're interested in on the WAB video.

ETA I believe WAB is open 24 hours.

LEs probably been searching for the car for the last month. Probably long gone by now.

Going back and adjusting my time line on MB ... She got her Personal Trainer Cert ( posted awaiting it) on April 30, 2014. She has been doing 5 a.m. boot camps since the very beginning. BB even in a post recommended someone they should try it out. So did something happen recently that allegedly made BB more concerned?

MB was hustling up boot campers and having them several different places. July 9, 2014 she attends a boot camp of AT.
Missy Bevers
July 9, 2014 · Ovilla, TX ·
Thank you, AT for letting me help you out tonight with your boot camp!! I learned a lot and can't wait to start working with you and get some new boot camps going!! There's nothing like getting in a good workout outside in nature!!

In 2014 There are tons of going on vacation, family moments, school & sports activities.... Dec 2014 MB Daddy passes away. She is naturally devastated. She speaks of how her Daddy was so proud of her and her Personal Trainer career and she is going to make him proud. She has a new boot camp starting Jan 5, 2015 (plus another she was doing)..

Jan 14, 2015... she makes a post

Missy Bevers
January 14, 2015 ·
Going to be a participant at CG boot camp tomorrow morning @ 5:00am.....Midlothian Walgreen's! Who wants to join me?!!!
Camp Gladiator
***there was a link, the reporter was doing a story :
It's a workout that sounds a lot like a TV reality show. Steve Noviello gets a dose of it today at Camp Gladiator Fox4news. com

Someone tells her how hard it is, she replied it was her kind of workout ... she loves it

1 month later:

Feb 14, 2015
Missy Bevers added 3 new photos.
February 14, 2015 · Cedar Hill, TX ·
Give me a CG, Wut Wut!!!! So excited to start my new journey with Camp Gladiator!! My internship begins Monday!! Love, Love CG Boot camp

Very few of the same types of posts/comments as before. IIRC no vacations... just workout stuff. I can see one reason (among the obvious) that MT said that CG took MB away from them.

Jan 2016 LinkedIn starts...

Also, 10 months prior... June 1, 2015 is when MB had her hysterectomy... for what its worth.

Wow. That's a lot of life changes in a short period of time. I can speak from experience as I'm sure many of us can, how painful it is to lose a parent (MB's dad.) The loss of a parent, the surgery, the new job - which is not like clocking in 9-5 for The Man - you pretty much make your own success with CG from what I can see. It's all hard work I have to assume, always being peppy, bubbly, energetic. From what I've observed, the Trainers often start out with a CG Trainer FB page for themselves, in addition to their personal FB page. But that turns out to be a hassle, so they eventually just post on one - usually back to the personal FB page. (Again, FWIO) and since you've got to keep up appearances for the sake of your job/business, you don't go there for support like you once did, now you're the one who has to always be the pillar of support, motivating others. But I have to say, just personal observation here, she bore it all very well in fact she thrived. But from what it sounds like (MT's words you referenced), this new way of life, this new frantic pace, perhaps caused a strain on the family including the wider family. We know recently MT has said it takes 3 of them to do MB's job now that she's no longer here.

I think it would be highly unlikely that the church would have been using wireless cameras for their security.

And besides, wouldn't that require a wireless device inside the Altima? Which would leave a digital footprint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa