TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

Maybe eliminating females in age range 49-55? (Not that I would know...) ;)

2. Starpuzzle

Starpuzzle New Member

Well said, Nationals, and I'm in agreement with you. It's also going to be interesting to see what type of "post-offense" behavior was demonstrated by the perpetrator, and if they tried to inject themselves in to this investigation in an influential manner. If that has happened, I imagine the FBI has got their number. JMO

3. Dollcat

Dollcat New Member

Did we determine LE 's reason for requesting a non live stream in press conference? To be able to edit anything they may have slipped up and inadvertently let slip out?

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I liked the idea someone posted upthread that perhaps LE wanted to monitor someone's actions during and after the press conference. That would mean they have someone in mind....sure wish that were true.

jmopinion

5. shefner

shefner Member Since 2008

I really have nothing useful to add....Just to say that I am sad that we have no arrest yet in this case. Growing colder by the day.

6. csparks

csparks Member

Seems (to me) like just basic wise policy. Its simply an unknown. Why take any risk or step into the unknown if you don't have to? They want to control the flow of info and knowledge as much as possible if there may be a benefit to the investigation. Never give away an advantage.

Plus, there are SURE to be alot of repetitive, boring, unnecessary questions asked, which the viewers can't even hear. You get a bunch of reporters together, they all feel like they have to ask something, and have a knack for asking the same thing someone else already asked. If this were on TV the viewers (and potential witnesses) would be frustrated after 3 minutes and switch to something like people screaming at their brother in law's aunt's boyfriend.

7. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

I agree. Perhaps someone in a costume store may come forward and say, well I had this man/woman in here about 2 months after Halloween looking for a Swat outfit and oh by the way I recall seeing them leave and get into an Altima. Oh, by the way...we keep our security video for 12 months. I believe they have someone in their sights, but I also believe they only have circumstantial evidence, they are looking to firm up their case so to speak and need the public's help in doing so.

8. t93

t93 Member

I thought someone upthread had said Missy worked with special needs kids-which in our area can include everything from challenged to disturbed kids. Based on the height, is it possible she came across a lark burglary by a teenager she knew from working with the kids? In our area even if you have small children in your class, you still intermingle with the older kids. The kid panicked because she recognized him and accidentally murdered her? Or maybe I have the wrong victim's occupation prior..

9. Mollyandme

Mollyandme Well-Known Member

I was originally wondering this as well. There's a statistical analysis that's done after they measure certain things and use projective geometry and real time measurements and recreations at the scene and they have to account for error in their calculation as well. It's some complicated math (at least to me but I stink at math), and accounts for everything from camera distortions, perp wearing a hat or shoes, etc. but once they calculate they usually give a range that gives them a margin of error that takes into account many possible errors that are listed in the article (I'm sure there's a more technical term for this), and that number is calculated as well and the range of height given is generally +/- 3 standard deviations of the height they have calculated. I promised I wasn't going to post on this specific aspect again bc I do think they gave us the correct height range but I found another article that is somewhat easy to understand, is a quick read, has illustrations, and is where I got the information for this post.

The most interesting thing I took away from this article (which is an older article but it still illustrates why there is a range given), was that they state that video evidence when trying to find height is usually used for elimination purposes or to aid with a co operating individual (which I doubt we have in this case) so who knows, but this is a quick read and if someone as math and spatial challenged as myself can somewhat understand it maybe it can help someone else as well. Keep in mind it's not that recent of an article but the general theory and measurements are pretty much the same with more current and complicated stuff I have read:

https://www.robots.ox.ac.uk/~vgg/publications/1998/Criminisi98b/criminisi98b.pdf

10. Midnight Rambler

Midnight Rambler Ten Bears

Cars with six cylinder engines have dual exhausts. Cars with four cylinder engines have the single exhaust. It depends on which engine you prefer when you purchase a car. Most manufacturers offer either engine.

11. kmoon

kmoon New Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Cannonball3804

Cannonball3804 Former Member

The latter part of your post ties in with what I have theorized over the past week or two. JMO but I think that the killer was someone who didn't know Missy specifically but became aware of her and her schedule.

It might be a fast food place or an all night convenience store. Perhaps MB stops in to use the bathroom or get a drink. Perp is a customer or employee. Observes how she's dressed or overhears her say something about teaching a class at Creekside. Or maybe the perp follows her to see where she goes.

My profile of the perp is someone who wants the thrill of a kill. He identifies MB thru chance encounter and then takes note of her exact schedule over subsequent days until he knows what kind of window of opportunity he has. He gathers his costume. Then he strikes.

If I were LE, I would have canvassed all open to the public businesses between MB's house and the church, and gotten any video footage as far back as I could. I would interview employees to see if MB ever came in there either before OR after her class (perp's first encounter with her could have been AFTER class now that I think about it).

13. YouWho

YouWho New Member

Do Altimas have OnStar and would that be useful to the investigation?

14. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO JMO MOO AFAIK e

Typical NG. Her "expert" is funny because he's clearly just a windbag, not an expert.

His "expert opinion" is nothing more than a parroting of exactly what LE said in the press conference, and then a description of an Altima from looking at a picture of one. Heck, we're all experts, by that standard !!

15. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We don't know that the perp stopped at Whataburger or anywhere else before the murder. It is possible, but we need to make sure to state if something is an opinion or a fact. Most Whataburger locations are open 24 hours, but I don't know if they all are. All of the locations near me are open 24 hours. Maybe a local can confirm if the location on 287 in Midlothian is open 24 hours.

16. finine

finine Active Member

I keep seeing it mentioned that the car owner hasn't talked to LE yet. Guys (and gals), we don't KNOW that. Just because LE hasn't followed up to say, "hey, we've located the driver of that Altima" doesn't mean there's been no forward progress. I'm actually inclined to believe there's been a lot of forward momentum since last weeks press conference, and they probably HAVE talked to the driver. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Missy worked as a special-ed teacher for a few years before she had children of her own. Her oldest child is now a teenager, which means Missy hasn't worked in special-ed for many years. I don't see a connection between her murder and her former profession.

Now, is there a connection with Missy current line of work? That's what I'm wondering....

JMOpinion

18. Nationals

Nationals New Member

LEs probably been searching for the car for the last month. Probably long gone by now.

19. YouWho

YouWho New Member

Wow. That's a lot of life changes in a short period of time. I can speak from experience as I'm sure many of us can, how painful it is to lose a parent (MB's dad.) The loss of a parent, the surgery, the new job - which is not like clocking in 9-5 for The Man - you pretty much make your own success with CG from what I can see. It's all hard work I have to assume, always being peppy, bubbly, energetic. From what I've observed, the Trainers often start out with a CG Trainer FB page for themselves, in addition to their personal FB page. But that turns out to be a hassle, so they eventually just post on one - usually back to the personal FB page. (Again, FWIO) and since you've got to keep up appearances for the sake of your job/business, you don't go there for support like you once did, now you're the one who has to always be the pillar of support, motivating others. But I have to say, just personal observation here, she bore it all very well in fact she thrived. But from what it sounds like (MT's words you referenced), this new way of life, this new frantic pace, perhaps caused a strain on the family including the wider family. We know recently MT has said it takes 3 of them to do MB's job now that she's no longer here.

20. YouWho

YouWho New Member

And besides, wouldn't that require a wireless device inside the Altima? Which would leave a digital footprint?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.