Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the forensic link between Karrakatta and CG, is it possible the evidence they have is of something in common with both sites and not an actual profile as such.
Say they found an item etc. at the CG site which had DNA from the Karrakatta rape incident.

Just thinking out loud.

I would send it to ancestry.com.

On a side note, I think it's time for the reward to be increased, like a LOT bigger than it is now.
I think it's currently $250k. Jump it to $1m and see if anything new drops out.

Worth a shot.

On the forensic link between Karrakatta and CG, is it possible the evidence they have is of something in common with both sites and not an actual profile as such.
Say they found an item etc. at the CG site which had DNA from the Karrakatta rape incident.

Just thinking out loud.
BC definitely said DNA. He first said "forensic link" in the first article then his follow up article said DNA.

The trees in the cemetery (big arse fig type things) give if a distinct smell suggesting the species may be localised to the cemetery.

Maybe the link is spores of a tree or something else that is localised?

SR's claims were first reported reported to ABC Radio . Police followed up with the claim thereafter. SR's credibility has been mentioned numerous times in the media as being unreliable. Personally, I don't believe that he picked up SS the previous night.

With regards to the Policeman's son rumour, I would like any poster to reply to this post with any info they have on this. Normally, I would not be interested in such, but there has been official witness accounts given to the task force reflecting similar events. I thought I saw something mentioned in the previous threads but, then again, I think I'm just getting too old.

BC definitely said DNA. He first said "forensic link" in the first article then his follow up article said DNA.

The trees in the cemetery (big arse fig type things) give if a distinct smell suggesting the species may be localised to the cemetery.

Maybe the link is spores of a tree or something else that is localised?

If it was human DNA it could have been from the rape victim.

SR's claims were first reported reported to ABC Radio . Police followed up with the claim thereafter. SR's credibility has been mentioned numerous times in the media as being unreliable. Personally, I don't believe that he picked up SS the previous night.

With regards to the Policeman's son rumour, I would like any poster to reply to this post with any info they have on this. Normally, I would not be interested in such, but there has been official witness accounts given to the task force reflecting similar events. I thought I saw something mentioned in the previous threads but, then again, I think I'm just getting too old.

If he didnt pick her up the night before, how did the mix up with her name occur?
Its said that the name spier came over the screen in his taxi and he asked her is she was spier, she said spiers.
For it to come over his screen, it must have come through dispatch and should be able to be varified.

Interestingly, that call by Steve to ABC radio was 7 days after CG disappeared and a mere 5 days after or 2 days before the bricklayer saw a dirty Ford Falcon taxi exiting pipidinny Rd near where CG was discovered.

how certain are you of this? why is he reporting information about SS in 1997 to radio before going to police?

His lawyer:
Mr Milner said: "Not as far as I'm aware." .."He sort of almost made himself a person of interest by believing he may have given one of the girls, one of the victims, a lift in his taxi, as a taxi driver," Mr Milner said, later adding that he believed the girl in question was Ms Spiers. .."I arranged an interview with him in my office and a couple of the police officers and they listened to what he said. .."But afterwards it all sort of collapsed because he rang me back later in the day and said: `Look, I think I've got my nights wrong. I think I'm confusing it with what happened the following Monday'." ..Mr Milner said he had not acted for the man for several years, but had represented him in other matters.
http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller_news/C/CLAREMONT_serial_killer.php

But according to the taxi driver he did this interview in 1996. Which would make more sense. It would be odd if he had waited until 1997 to give this information.

Who coincidently went missing in a Ford Falcon station wagon. Not implying a link. Just pointing out the vehicle of choice.

The rape perp in Karrakatta would have all the clothes? Maybe a clothing item was left at the other sites?

<modsnip>

There's a million bucks for information leading to conviction for Bung Siriboon

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-siriyakorn-bung-siriboon-1m-reward-offered

You'd think CSK is higher profile so unsure why the reward hasn't been raised?

It's a long shot but what do they have to lose?

So that why users are keeping their info close to their chest. They are hoping to pick up a quick million dollars

I think it's currently $250k. Jump it to $1m and see if anything new drops out.

Worth a shot.

Who coincidently went missing in a Ford Falcon station wagon. Not implying a link. Just pointing out the vehicle of choice.

The rape perp in Karrakatta would have all the clothes? Maybe a clothing item was left at the other sites?

Highly unlikely. If it were then the connection between the two abductions would have been discovered very quickly.

From unsubstantiated second hand police rumour, the perp let police know the cases were connected.
This sounds more like a theory than a rumour.

So it sounds the bodies were hardly dumped in a hurry.
Interested in knowing how you extrapolated from the last comment to this comment? If the CSK let police know the cases are connected, how did this then lead you to assume the bodies weren't dumped in a hurry?

So that why users are keeping their info close to their chest. They are hoping to pick up a quick million dollars
There are haves and have nots. The haves are people who others will share info with. The have nots are people who others won't share information with. See if you can extrapolate that.

Who was it on here said they were writing a book?

Its all one big extrapolation! TIC

But at a million dollars you might look at it? TIC
PS I can think of better ways to earn $250k than a wild goose chase.

Good point. Didn't they miss the rape case though? And they hadn't run DNA till much much later?
No offence to police, but property did go missing from several cases, namely Mallards Rochford case. The Bag and dumbell collar? I dare say they have a truck load of property to manage though. Bags of evidence lined up all over the place.

Highly unlikely. If it were then the connection between the two abductions would have been discovered very quickly.

And we have a report of a taxi head south down a bush track, and a bricklayer reporting a dirty Ford Falcon station wagon taxi coming down Pippidinny road with its 'lights off' at 4.30 in the morning when Ciara went missing. Did someone get bogged?

Did someone drive the the dirt roads with their lights of to prevent detection on the road?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/b80af943b3f4b839a9956cdffd1aa3ab

taxi_sarah_bushtrack.jpg

Pippidinny 2002

And seeing as Claremont was so local here like users on here have said. How come police cant find a couple of POIs, nor their friends identify people, if Jane was talking to someone police are looking for? No one knows blonde hair man. Not even friends etc. They didnt even get his name. He was talking to Jane, 'inside' the pub

Who said the perp was unlikely inside the pub? Which user was it?

Pippidinny 2002 - RE; Dirt tracks

pippidinny_2002.jpg

And we have a report of a taxi head south down a bush track, and a bricklayer reporting a dirty Ford Falcon station wagon taxi coming down Pippidinny road with its 'lights off' at 4.30 in the morning when Ciara went missing. Did someone get bogged?

Did someone drive the the dirt roads with their lights of to prevent detection on the road?
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...h/news-story/b80af943b3f4b839a9956cdffd1aa3ab

BBM
Possibly, or it may have been someone who didnt own a bucket, sponge and chamois.

Could the perp be Richard Dorrough?

He was connected to the murder of the NSW street-based prostitute Rachael Campbell (murdered on 6-7/11/1998 - body located on 7th). She was found in St Joseph's Church grounds in Rosebery (Sydney NSW) at 193 degrees to where she was picked up (last sighting) in Darlinghurst. Person living in neighbouring property heard what they considered to be a car boot slamming at 2am. NSW police considered at one time that an orange combi van was driven by the perpetrator. Could this indicate that the panelvan linked to Karrakatta rape victim shows Dorrough had 'traveling' accommodation for a purpose? Campbell's body was left with a fitted bed sheet and 2 blankets.

Ultimately, he was not convicted of Rachael Campbell's murder; he did not fight his DNA was linked to her, nor that bite marks were his. His defense lawyer played the smoke and mirrors game and raised issues about Campbell's ex who happened to be her pimp on the night she was murdered. DNA evidence is not the be all and end all by any means !

Dorrough had bitten her many times - forensic dentistry matched his teeth to bite marks on her body. He used a knife - stabbed her various times. He also attempted to strangle her.

Did he flee Sydney immediately after Rachael Campbell's murder and murder a WA street-based prostitute Lisa Brown (ex Northbridge) on 10 November 1998 ?

Could Dorrough by MM? Have a look at this Channel 7 news item posted on youtube. The rear hairline is very similar to MMs, including how he has long bits on each side of his (rear) hairline just like MM ! His body size and height are about right also. Could the WA police have been attempting to match Dorrough as MM hence the CIA doc release in August 2008 which must have been very close to when his DNA first collected in Queensland was uploaded to the OZ DNA database???

[video=youtube;2qQlA5d11JM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQlA5d11JM[/video]

Also interesting to me is that NSW police nabbed Dorrough via DNA after his DNA was collected in Qld after he was charged with murder (by motor vehicle accident but escaped conviction) and his DNA was uploaded to the Oz DNA database in 2008 - he was then charged with the 1998 murder in January 2009 and extradited from WA early January 2009. Also interesting to me is WA media early 2014 predicted there was going to be a break in the Claremont case which WA police denied; and Dorrough committed suicide in August 2014. The Davey inquest held in April 2016 ; news reports detail how he was or had converted to Jehovah Witness and found it difficult dealing with his past history. Details at the inquest showed he had attempted to take Davey onboard HMAS Geelong but was refused permission to board with her. What a strange thing to try? https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/31287093/enough-evidence-for-kill-charge/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph