TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn't I say that? Hmmm maybe because you basically just told a murderer who is guaranteed watching this not to share the manner in which you killed her. Only YOU would know. If you in turn tell someone that when everyone seems to believe she was dismembered in the face, bludgeoned, beat, horrifically, but you only shot her so you laugh at the country and say to your friend I only shot that women and they turn you in well there you have it. ONLY THE KILLER KNOWS HOW SHE DIED. If she was beaten to death they would say it. This is a very particular death. The entire murder was planned very professionally. Do you believe they lost it when it came time to kill? I don't. Two to the chest drops her fast. Stand over and dump into her face. They said damage to chest and head was COD. They never even raised their blood pressure. Casually walked away. They kind of said that too. Professional to the bitter end.

BBM I agree with the 1st part of your post and you sort of lost me with the graphic nature of the last part. I am not sure if I believe "professional" or not at this point. I don't think too much emotion was involved though, not from SP directly anyway. Again, I could be wrong. JMO.

JMO (Just My Opinion) which is usually put on a post that does not have facts via a link to confirm they are true.

I don't believe she was carrying or we'd have a dead perp. She didn't see broken glass of what appears to be a staged break in or she would have A. Grabbed her gun B. Her phone to call the B&E in. Advantage missy

The vast majority of people would be hesitant to shoot a cop. If Missy had a CCL, could be the reason for the police tactical getup.

I respectfully disagree with your statement. Although that is what LE said, "only the killer would know" there were at least two campers who actually saw Missy after the murder. I believe the LE was implying that what may have seemed to be the obvious manner of death was not in fact it. For example, if say you walked in after a brutal murder and the decedent had a head wound but had also been stabbed multiple times and they were left with a knife sticking in their chest you would most likely believe they had been stabbed to death. Its my opinion the LE may have been referring to which came first the chicken or the egg.

Sent from my iPhone

Im sorry you lost me.

The vast majority of people would be hesitant to shoot a cop. If Missy had a CCL, could be the reason for the police tactical getup.

Honestly honestly if I entered that building at that time of morning there is no way I believe they are the police. No police officer works the beat in swat gear. Swat gear is tactical and team oriented. I would see them and run. One person dressed up as swat is not a swat team. Wheres all the lights and sirens. That getup doesn't make me feel comfortable at all honestly so I disagree with her bumping into them and being like oh hey wheres the fire.

Originally Posted by liloleme
As someone who carries, it's just about impossible to conceal while exercising. Not to mention very few options for conceal carry exercise wear (yes there are conceal carry leggings, just not common).

So, even if she was wearing a conceal carry pair of leggings, what's she going to do with the gun during the class in order to secure it?

My thoughts as well. She either had a handbag designed for conceal and carry, or it was under her truck seat. Something like that. JMO.

Not to mention, TX penal code prohibits carrying into the church building proper if notice (signage) is there prohibiting guns on the premises (though locked in a parked car in the lot is legal). (Glammie, do you or any other locals happen to know about signage being there?) I think even in the event she carried, it'd have been in the car while she unloaded.

I'm sorry what part do you not understand? Maybe I need to rephrase it.

Sent from my iPhone

I re-read and I understand what you mean. I don't believe that would be critical enough not to disclose especially when maybe two people already saw her. What would be critical enough to with hold would be the professional element. A hitman is just that. Professional to a degree. The only hope they would have is they talk. Thus making the decision not to release because then anyone can say I did that and your pool of tips gets ridiculous.

BBM I agree with the 1st part of your post and you sort of lost me with the graphic nature of the last part. I am not sure if I believe "professional" or not at this point. I don't think too much emotion was involved though, not from SP directly anyway. Again, I could be wrong. JMO.

JMO (Just My Opinion) which is usually put on a post that does not have facts via a link to confirm they are true.

Im sorry murder is graphic and I'm trying to make a point. Let's say someone is killed and the police lead the public into thinking it was more complex then it was simple. Now say you have a perp who goes that's not how it happened it happened like this and if someone is vigilant they turn you in. IMO we have a similar instance here.

With all due respect.. why would anyone hire a hitman that can't walk a straight line? Not a "pro-hitman" IMO. (Totally agree on the "horrid" part.")

well remember the Joy Aylor case ? My dad had his own business and he knew this Bill Garland man very well, he would hire him to help at my dad's business, he was also a pest exterminator. He married Aylor's sister and then was hired by Joy to kill her hubby's Girlfriend, Garland turned around and hired this other nitwit who turned around and hired another nitwit, they all got caught but only cause Joy's sister ratted them out. Very interesting case, Joy fled and was found a few years later in France, she is in the pen now as we speak. ( my dad was livid when the cops showed up at our house asking about Garland, my dad had no idea about the murder or that Garland was that type)

Not to mention, TX penal code prohibits carrying into the church building proper if notice (signage) is there prohibiting guns on the premises (though locked in a parked car in the lot is legal). (Glammie, do you or any other locals happen to know about signage being there?) I think even in the event she carried, it'd have been in the car while she unloaded.

I sure don't. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone

There has been a lot of to and fro on these threads about whether this was obviously a break-and-enter-for-the-purpose-of-theft-gone-wrong vs. this was obviously a break-in-and-murder-missy-and-GTFO.

The one thing that keeps me coming back to the conclusion that the purpose of this exercise was murder is this:

if someone was to break into a place with the intent to commit robbery, surely you want to be able to get around quickly and easily. you want to be able to maneuver in and out of a window, you want to not overheat, you want to be able to hear noises so you don't get caught, you want to not be weighed down by heavy clothing. sure, you'd want to be disguised in case of cameras or being spotted.

but all black clothes and a black balaclava would do that. plus sneakers to get away fast.

why would you need a big fat heavy old helmet and thick padded vest and padded pants and boots? they'd just weigh you down. why would you need POLICE on your vest?

it is for this reason i believe the person was expecting a confrontation with another person. no other explanation makes sense to me.

Exactly. You spelled this out perfectly imo and I cannot thank this post enough. The helmet, covering under the helmet, padded vest and pants and the boots not only served as a disguise but the perp also was likely trying to protect themselves from any defensive wounds from Missy and leaving physical evidence of themselves at the scene. Covering their hair, face and whole body did lower the risk of leaving DNA evidence but it's still possible some was found if the scene was processed closely. I don't think we will know if the killer was successful in not leaving a fingerprint or a hair, or anything else containing their DNA at the scene until an arrest and maybe not until trial depending on what is released to the media after an arrest is made.

If there was a fingerprint found, if the perp has ever had fingerprints taken for any reason (criminal, military, employment) the FBI will be able to cross check it with their database. I just researched this further bc when I first got mine done for work in 2007, I was told the FBI wouldn't store them if everything came back fine. But according to this article, as of February 2015 the FBI is now keeping all fingerprints on file from any employment check, even if you have no criminal background, and will check fingerprints submitted from crime scenes against all fingerprints in the database, including those in the database solely due to a required clearance for employment (here's a link in case anyone is interested in article):

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/09/little-fanfare-fbi-ramps-biometrics-programs-yet-again-part-1

I do wonder if there was some touch DNA left if the perp had any skin cells or oils, or sweat that could have come in contact with even a tiny area on a murder weapon, on Missy, or maybe while breaking into the church. Dead skin cells and hair (different than touch DNA and more likely to get accurate profile) naturally come off our bodies everyday so maybe during a struggle some DNA could have been left that way. I know touch DNA doesn't always provide enough to conclusively identify a suspect but it can provide partial profiles that have some use if they have some other known samples of poi's to compare to. I have not heard if LE took elimination DNA samples from those who found missy, rendered her aid, and were on scene, but it's possible all of that testing could be a potential hold up in an arrest.

Regardless, the prosecutor is most definitely advising LE on whether or not they currently have enough evidence that would be admissiable in court for a conviction, and what evidence they may still need. They also can compel grand jury testimony if there is one convened now or in the future for this case, and decide if an immunity deal is worth it if the perp had help before or after and the prosecutor feels their testimony is nescessary for a conviction and worth immunity (just a hypothetical, not suggesting anything, I personally think this person acted alone but think some close to them have very strong suspicions). I would also make an educated guess that the prosecutor has watched any significant interrogations that have taken place with potential suspects and could have helped come up with the scope of certain interrogations that might help in court later on. This could very likely be a Capital Case and I think if the prosecutor feels there's strong evidence to prove any of the elements needed for a Capital Case to proceed in Texas they will do so but not until they have gathered and reviewed all evidence closely. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in order to file felony charges against someone in Texas a grand jury must agree that there's probable cause and issue a true bill (felony indictment) so this will be going in front of a grand jury at some point.

Sorry for the long post

maybe she has fetal alcohol syndrome

Good catch, I'm not one hundred percent sure though. The eyes seem really far apart ( to me) IMO.There's a definite disability though. Pic #4 is what the eyes look like to me, but adult.
1f879c7bc2bff6dbff0ba24b02d8572e.jpg

Honestly honestly if I entered that building at that time of morning there is no way I believe they are the police. No police officer works the beat in swat gear. Swat gear is tactical and team oriented. I would see them and run. One person dressed up as swat is not a swat team. Wheres all the lights and sirens. That getup doesn't make me feel comfortable at all honestly so I disagree with her bumping into them and being like oh hey wheres the fire.

I wasn't suggesting it would put her at ease. I agree with you on that. All I'm saying is that most people wouldn't shoot a person in police uniform even under such odd circumstances. It gives the killer that protection at least if he was concerned she may be carrying a firearm.

I'd love to ask these 3 questions of any LE or affiliated who might be reading in here:

1. Have they ever seen security cam video of a burglary that intermittently covered a timespan of 30 minutes in which NOTHING was seen taken or even stashed near an exit?

2. (If LE) - if they've drawn their gun to search the premises, have they reported their own gun's serial # on their incident reports?

3. In a crime scene such as Missy's, if a gun registered to her was found legally carried out of sight in her car, would the serial number of her gun be written up in the incident report?

I can see a serial number being written down possibly in the 3rd scenario if for some reason Missy had her gun in sight on the seat (as it might be unknown at first if perp had deposited his gun in there during his getaway), but #1 and #2 seem less likely, IMO.

Agree completely!

Very true, there is indeed still a killer on the loose.

In regard to, could this person possibly harm (or kill) someone else, in the future at some point in time.

They did it once, so sure...they could possibly harm (or kill) someone else, "again".

For example:
(If a female did this, and say it was about: jealousy)
What might happen, if they get "jealous", again.

If they found her "online",
couldn't it be possible they might find someone else "online".

Another thing is:
It isn't known "who" did this.
What is their "past history"? (Who knows)
Have they harmed (or killed) anyone, before, this happened? (Who knows)

It is known that they did it THIS time. So,
look at what this person IS "capable" of doing.

(Perhaps that "local" was also implying, that they do not believe that anyone else is in a "high risk" group.)
But even in regard to that, what would a "high risk" group be? (Since, we don't even know "why" this person killed her.)
It seems that she WAS a "target".
However, "why", did the person "target"
her?

She was a "local" and was killed at a "local" place (- where she, a "local", was going to be at.)

Was this person a "local"?
(If so, then the killer is walking amongst them, locally.)

I don't understand how "locals" (of all people) could say they are 'not' fearful. ('Some' are saying that. That doesn't mean that they "all" think that.)
I would imagine that some of them "are" taking some extra precautions.
(For example: Might not be going on FACEbook now. Might not be out by themselves in the wee hours of the morning. Might be 'looking over their shoulder' to try to make sure they aren't being "stalked".) (etc.)

I'd love to ask these 3 questions of any LE or affiliated who might be reading in here:

1. Have they ever seen security cam video of a burglary that intermittently covered a timespan of 30 minutes in which NOTHING was seen taken or even stashed near an exit?

2. (If LE) - if they've drawn their gun to search the premises, have they reported their own gun's serial # on their incident reports?

3. In a crime scene such as Missy's, if a gun registered to her was found legally carried out of sight in her car, would the serial number of her gun be written up in the incident report?

I can see a serial number being written down possibly in the 3rd scenario if for some reason Missy had her gun in sight on the seat (as it might be unknown at first if perp had deposited his gun in there during his getaway), but #1 and #2 seem less likely, IMO.

I will ask my husband and get back to you with his response as soon as he gets home

With apologies, I scoured her facebook before it was memorialized and I never saw mention of a visit to a fire station. She did not mention this on her facebook iirc. Perhaps you heard it elsewhere.

I read it here at WS, many threads ago.
The FD statement was made by a poster, a local person
There were no links
It was part of his post

"Arlington police arrested a Saginaw man suspected of robbing a store Thursday while wearing tactical gear and carrying a fake assault-style rifle.

About 1:30 p.m., police responded to a robbery in the 1100 block of East Pioneer Parkway, near South Collins Street, where a victim told officers a man had entered the store wearing a “raid-syle” vest with SWAT printed on the back. The man was also wearing tactical pants and carrying an assault style rifle, which turned out to be an Airsoft BB gun."

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ke-rifle-arrested-shortly-after-robbery.html/

Perp robs store wearing tactical gear. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419