FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sympathy a look at causation. Unless you can understand what makes the car fail to start--- the car will stall -- simple

- The first wife specifically referanced bipolar from the get go, and went on to describe that illiness bahaviors. Congruent. Her statement last night that he could very well have been living two lives, and that his father had called him a ****** in front of her on one occassion, imo indicates that sexual orientation has been a issue in this family system for quite some time. COngruent.

An outburst in a supermarket becasue your spouse went over to another isle to grab something, resulting in an adult temper tantrum, also indicates some serious issues. COngruent. The drinking history, congruent with bipolar. The relentless discharge to others in the bar regarding his anguised relationship with his father, basically, to someone in a bar, again congruent with built up issue.

__
  • --Alcohol is the most commonly abused substance among bipolar individuals.

Folks that live with those suffering with family members, with these illinesses have to have some screening skills. If family members contacted LE everytime a mentally ill person ranted about doing "something" Le would be doing nothing other than responding to those calls.

My guess is she had being seeing more frequent, and intense mood swings. Which makes sense - obviouly having more and more difficulties the past two weeks since the beginning of gay days.

Nothing described , thus far ,indicates any history of fire setting, cruel to animals, typically stuff you would hear about in a sociopath.

But if the early years stories about an inability to socially intereact with peers, impulsive outbursts of throwing chairs etc, bullying peers , pulling knives on people (self esteem issues) we are, IMO clearly seeing signs of budding mood disorder. Bullying, domestic violence , Sat night.
__-- Impulse :failure to resist a temptation, urge or impulse that may harm oneself or others.

He had interpersonal issue throughout his existence. Divorced in 4 months. Coworker quit cause of his behavior)

---An extremely difficult aspect of living with Bipolar Disorder is keeping friendships and relationships in the long-term

He experinced great loss and self esteem issues as a result of his inablilty, for some reason, to become a police officer. Feelings of failure and rejection.

----A bipolar disorder diagnosis can have a big effect on job and career. In a survey of people with depression and bipolar disorder conducted by the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, 88% said their condition affected their ability to work.
http://www.bipolarmanifesto.com/wordpress/2012/01/19/maintaining-friendships-and-relationships-with-bipolar-disorder/

http://www.dualdiagnosis.org/bipolar-disorder-and-addiction/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impulse_control_disorder

Is this the same Mosque where the Imam said that homosexuals should be murdered?

Surely, this Mosque including the Imam and the members are being thoroughly investigated. I certainly know no one sits there listening to all of that hate and bigotry who doesn't believe the same way. People go to the places of worship they choose because the leaders of the church speak about religious things they all believe in. That's just common knowledge. Just like I would never go to any house of worship that promotes discrimination or violence.

imo

presser

le doing good debriefings

awesome !!

those involved off duty

do not contact any of these officers

his phone was damaged

Brooke is on now and she is telling the world that he called a friend. When during the presser he was asked that he said he can say nothing. BS I call!!

I would call it both a hate crime and terrorism - his order of words!

My only take away - is the wife stated nothing like what media has been spewing ......if she had concretly stated to LE that she was totally aware of what was going to happen, she would arrested as an accomplance - becasue if any of that were true -- she is. She is married to him. If they wanted to go to gay days together they did. Does not mean , IF he was scanning about, she KNEW that was what he was doing

We are heading to Pike County - nothing is going to be said

...................Moo I am sorry just like Pike - this is BS. Was not like this years ago.

Anyone in Pike or in this instance read and listen to the news. All this compomising the investigation cr)p endlessly is silly

In fact imo in fuels misinformation

My fantasy presser as of today:

It has been widely reported that several calls were made by the shooter. We can confirm bla bla

It has been widely reported that he was canvassing sites. We can confirm that we have video that indicates that he visited bla bla. We are invrstigating the implications of this.

It has been widely reported that that his wife dropped him off. We can confirm that on XX XX XX his wife did provide transportation to the Pulse

It has been widely reported that he made referances to our bombing in the middle east. WIntneses have reproted this to us - we are investigating

It has been widely reported that he bla bla, at this time we cannot confirm that bla bla but are looking at it

Confirming, elaborating, ruling out rumors do not impact an investigation IMo Saying that the wife said this - gives away nothing. Reporting what she said is fact. It does not change anything in any invesitgation. It happened

I understand not mentioning that Bob Jones of 46th street is a person of interest -- not a good idea

But this endless blanket of refusing to give simple facts as they are known is counter productive to any investigation IMO

Fact we belive orange is important to our investigation, oh no I was there and I saw green, now I know to call that in

confiming that he called a tv station is not compromising anything

confirming that he said he had explosives on him compromises nothing IMO he is dead

COnfimring his time of arrival compormises nothing he is dead

Giving a date when the guns were purchased compromises nothing

not commenting on the type of guns used comprises nothing

ducked friendlly fire !!

not commenting on who called compromises nothing - he called XX

not commenting on if explsives were or were not found comprmises nothing yes /no what is that compromising

in all these waste of times who is the person that always hollors out last question - he is a big boy he can decide last question.

I am seriouly asking what is the role of the person in all these pressors who randomly yells off screen last question

Respectfully BBM:

Thankfully, this forum is not a gun control forum, as Websleuths owner Tricia has reminded us, so we don't deal with these questions here...

Can we discuss a ban on all hate speech and fanatical, hateful, extremist religious "cults"?
Not sure why it's legal to run a church or mosque and spew hate? Or call for the death of Infidels, homosexuals or fill-in-the-blank? Why is it legal to incite riots, massacres in the name of religion?
I don't want to open a can of worms and start a fight. But most sane people do not call others to kill.

Congress is in motion.

Lawmakers are growing increasingly frustrated at the FBI’s decision to remove the Orlando shooter from the terror watch list in 2014.

*SNIP*

Lawmakers roundly expressed frustration that the FBI had the 29-year-old Mateen, an Afghan-American who was born in New York, in its sights before deciding he didn’t pose an immediate risk in 2014.

*SNIP*

But part of the problem might be a legal one. When the FBI closed the case against Mateen in 2014, officials had to take him off the terror watch list.

That doesn’t sit well with lawmakers who think the government should be able to keep tabs on people who could pose a threat, even if they don’t have enough evidence to continue a formal investigation.

Way more at the link including an issue that cannot be discussed here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...o-shooter-go-mull-a-second-terror-watch-list/

According to staff members, numerous attempts by the school to intervene failed because of the “enabling” nature of Mateen’s father, Seddique Mateen, who was considered to be the source of his attitude towards women and girls.
SNIPPED
Katherine Zurich, 62, who taught Mateen in the fourth and fifth grade, said she tried to reach out to him but found his attitudes too deeply entrenched to penetrate.
“He felt that women were beneath him,” Ms Zurich said.
“He was taught to disrespect them. His mum, his sisters were afraid of him. They had to be subservient to him because he was the son. They treated him like the father, with respect.”
Ms Zurich said Mateen would boast about how rich his family was, yet delight in taking things from other children.
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...l/news-story/4761f739a232ec2abfdbcf2f469f5d62

Daddy is the source of these deep seated issues.

He has not been diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder that we are aware of. We only have the word of an ex-wife that is not trained (that we know of) to make such a diagnosis. Bipolar Disorder is used as a label more often than it is warranted. Differential diagnoses are substantial for Bipolar, and there is also the possibility he didn't meet criteria for a psychiatric diagnoses at all.

Here is a link to the DSM5 for those who want to read more about Bipolar and the criteria. A person must be trained and qualified to apply the DSM5 - there are very clear guidelines. I'm one who is trained and able to diagnose in my profession, and I just think we need to be careful not to fill in the gaps to make something fit.

http://psy-gradaran.narod.ru/lib/clinical/DSM5.pdf
Bipolar section starts on p123 (p161 of pdf document), and the differential diagnoses (which basically means alternate diagnoses) starts on p131 (p169 of pdf document).

Can we discuss a ban on all hate speech and fanatical, hateful, extremist religious "cults"?
Not sure why it's legal to run a church or mosque and spew hate? Or call for the death of Infidels, homosexuals or fill-in-the-blank? Why is it legal to incite riots, massacres in the name of religion?
I don't want to open a can of worms and start a fight. But most sane people do not call others to kill.

I think that would be question for a moderator.

I'm thinking it would venture into an argument about constitutional rights, and turn quickly into :slapfight: Much like gun control.

Doubtful she will. They let go the Boston Bomber's mother and wife that knew and did nothing to stop it. Not sure why they weren't charged? Afraid of backlash?

Dillon Roof's friend was only told about his plans, and he didn't even believe him cause he was always talking junk. But he got charged. SHOULD be the same for everyone, regardless of race or religion.

I don't see why it can't be discussed.

But, IMO, any discussion about limiting speech has to include Supreme Court decisions regarding the free speech clause of the First Amendment as it relates to "hate speech."

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/freespeech/tp/Hate-Speech-Cases.htm

There are other rulings, but these are among the legal foundations for where we are at this point in our history.

When an issue is about speech in a religious context, the First Amendment comes again into any equation.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

JMO, but it will take a constitutional amendment that makes fundamental changes to the religion and speech clauses in the First Amendment before new limits can be placed on speech, including speech that originates from a religious perspective.

Excellent advice, Rob.

We all need to know everything we can about what is happening here and across the world. I have read about the nightmarish hell Germany/Paris and countries all across Europe and how their citizens are suffering due to opening their arms to so many refugees. We must have an iron clad a way to vet this refugees coming in to our own country. It is illogical to think all of those who have been allowed to come here don't want to harm us. If we do not get a handle on it we are going to have refugees in mass just like those who are reeking havoc in Europe now. Yet our own government admits they don't even know how many are here or where the ones are that have expired visas. Our government is not fully protecting us. They are leaving us all sitting ducks for this to keep happening over and over again right here.

I remember my loving and very wise Grandmother who lived to be 95. For a woman born in her era she was very keen on reading all the news here and around the world. Someone asked her why she read all about what was going on somewhere else that didn't even involve our country. Her answer was: 'Because whatever is happening abroad will be in our own backyards one day.' I have never forgotten her words of wisdom.

IMO

BBM: A very wise woman! I'm sure part of that comes from living through WWI and WWll. ( I'm assuming by her age that is the case)

Heat Index 105 not typo

. CNN

Brooke now: All gay bars on heightened alert. He said nothing of the sort. What he said was they have sent gay bars in the area a sheet of paper with some info on it !!

Guy on Grinder described him as very creepy (my take sounded mentally ill!) and he blocked him.

Obviouly creepy does not imply, when interacting with him, he started saying how he wanted to blow up *advertiser censored* etc etc.

"Creepy" imo sounds mentally ill!

Brooke just caught herself and changed her statement from "they" cased Disney to "he" cased Disney .
moooo

A portrait is emerging....

I can also say that Disney has tight security, and they don't like any pictures in the back lot or anything that spoils the illusion. I know this because when I was in high school in the early 90's, I performed there with my high school's marching band, and even then, they would have at least yelled at anyone taking pictures in the back lot where we marched to get to the parade route entrance. Unfortunately during my senior year, a small group of people ruined things for everyone by being caught shoplifting on Main St. Those kids were lucky that the only punishment they got was from the school itself, instead of facing juvenile criminal charges, which was something the park easily could have done. The ringleader was sent to another school in the district as a disciplinary transfer, and the rest of that group got a suspension for at least a day or more.

In saying that, especially after 9/11, I'm not surprised Disney notified the FBI about the couple casing the place.

moooo
Awesome producer who was called just talked .

He said to the producer.

I. Did.It.For.Isis.

For Isis,

He made his own private decision to do it . Solo

Its nothing like Paris - San Bern which were so much bigger "operations". WHere these people had been training, planning for ages etc etc.

Just found he was not confused about 2 terrorist outlets he was "doing " this for. I thought he got confused regarding if he was doing this "for" Burger King and/or Mcdonalds.

Apparently he was not sure if he was "doing " this for Burger King and/or Mcdonalds and/or Wendys.

Any other radiclized terrorists, that we know of ,have no idea what ideoogy they are doing what they are doing, and why they are doing it ??

If one has a passion for something they tend to know what that passion is about. He was shouting out all sorts of completly different groups that have totally different points of view about us, homosexuality, and lifestyle.

Apparently he was not sure if he was "doing " this for Burger King and/or Mcdonalds and/or Wendys.

Thank goodness nothing about Taco Bell, I would have had to run for the border. Are you being serious about the fast food chains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname