TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! Nebwie here! This is the first case I’ve ever followed religiously and I felt like it was time for a post since it’s been getting a lot quieter around here.

SP is moseying through the hall, not a care in the world. Why was SP so calm? In my opinion there was another individual in the church that night that we have not seen. Someone keeping watch… possibly even committing the murder. SP to me seems like an incredibly awkward young adult or teen.. maybe manipulated/coerced into helping a family member or close friend? My profiling may be way off... regardless, I still firmly believe there were 2 perps. I honestly don’t think any footage has been shown of the real mastermind/killer behind all this. The video experts they brought in were the best of the best. JMO, but there is no way they wouldn’t have been able to narrow the suspects height down to within an inch. That 5 inch range they gave us solidified my gut feeling. Again, all JMO!

Whoever was behind this murder planned it out and planned it out well. And I’ve begun to think SP’s costume wasn’t really a costume. I don’t believe SP is LE but maybe has access/connections to LE?

I know this has been talked about a few times but does anyone have any more information about MB’S connection to the FD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In our Crossfit group, we had LE and FF there all the time. It only makes sense, because they have to stay in tip top shape for their work. Our FF lent us hoses to run with as one of the workouts. In a small town, it's slim pickins where you can go work out before your "real job" starts in the morning. The convenience of a 5 am class, be able to run home, take a shower and head off to work feeling great... is priceless.

snapshot.jpg
I think I found the item SP carried out of the room in left hand. Could it be part of/cover of interior surveillance camera? (Sorry about the picture, but it is the best I could do, in finding a similar sized item that was correct shape, purpose and location.) Perhaps some of our more high tec, high resolution WS'ers can find & post a better shot. (Batbrat, Nin....IQ pal needs assistance on table #9?:crossfingers::crossfingers:)
btw, the one in the photo I posted is from a gun shop "set"....isn't that weird???

On Wednesday, April 20, MT spoke to reporters. at 00:58 MT states that her (Missy's) husband had told her "to be prepared". "Ya know, he had worried about something like that that early in the morning."

[video=youtube;hz1duUZCfQI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1duUZCfQI[/video]

But when BB gave his first presser, after arriving home, he stated that he did NOT believe that Missy was targeted. BB later changed his mind
I totally agree, this is a contradiction from his comments to his mother that he was worried about MB but then did not think she was targeted.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I am very careful in terms of personal safety. Cautious to the point of being called paranoid by my SO. I keep my wits about me. Having said that, had I been opening that church at 0400 that morning I would have had ZERO qualms. It was in the middle of a small town that hadn't had a murder in years, right? Peaceful Texas countryside. Would not have thought twice about my safety, especially being in a church.

So I guess in the context of their lives, I am surprised her husband warned her to be careful. My SO only says that when he knows I am going to be in downtown Denver, never when I'm puttering around in our little town. Strikes me as odd that he said that to her, unless it had to do with the strange message on LinkedIn.

BBM. I bet MB shared that with him. Otherwise, you're right, no qualms is right.. Especially if gettiing up that early is the norm, and you've been meeting there for months. OTOH... I will add.. I would never go into a vacant building alone...unarmed. (Too much CSI I guess..) MB may have tucked her gun (presuming she had one) in her waist. ESPECIALLY if I had received an odd message...

attachment.php

I think I found the item SP carried out of the room in left hand. Could it be part of/cover of interior surveillance camera? (Sorry about the picture, but it is the best I could do, in finding a similar sized item that was correct shape, purpose and location.) Perhaps some of our more high tec, high resolution WS'ers can find & post a better shot. (Batbrat, Nin....IQ pal needs assistance on table #9?:crossfingers::crossfingers:)
btw, the one in the photo I posted is from a gun shop "set"....isn't that weird???

WOW... Great find! Makes as much sense than most!

BB said that he "spoke" with Missy around 8pm (don't know who called who) Then he called her "anyway" around 9 or 9:30 to tell her he loved her and said that she was "half asleep" at that time. Maybe no big deal, but when he spoke w her at 8 surely he knew that she was retiring early because she had to get up so early. Perhaps he just forgot the "I love you" the first time he hung up......JMO ETA...............personally, I HATE to be awakened by a phone call, but have to answer in case it is an emergency....

Or........He was checking up on her, suspicious what she might be doing while he was out of town, or.....making sure she was asleep so as not to be late for what was to happen the next am.....IMO

IMO...
IF MB was acting differently, receiving odd LI messages, BB telling her to be careful in recent days before murder, I would assume she would have taken steps to reduce ANNOUNCING her early AM whereabouts.

FB has private groups you can create for alerting and communicating with members.

To me, that is a rational action to protect yourself.

NOT blaming MB whatsoever. Just maybe she wasn't as concerned as others may think.

Or she was one to put it all out there regardless.

IDK. Just thinking out loud. [emoji848]

Good point. If BB thought Missy was in enough danger to warn her to be careful before she left for her last session, why wouldn't he have initially thought she had been targeted the next day after she'd been brutally murdered?

Depends on the meaning of "targeting". When he initially said he didn't think she was targeted, he could have meant that the perp wasn't someone who knew her and went there to kill her. I think he thought as police did that it was a botched robbery, then saw the video and changed his mind. And IMHO it would be considered targeting if the killer knew Missy, OR if the killer didn't know her socially but became aware of a convenient scenario for a thrill kill. I don't think it's clear which of those two targeting scenarios he believes now.

I totally agree, this is a contradiction from his comments to his mother that he was worried about MB but then did not think she was targeted.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

From the video posted:
On Wednesday, April 20, MT spoke to reporters. at 00:58 MT states that her (Missy's) husband had told her "to be prepared". "Ya know, he had worried about something like that that early in the morning."

I don't think BB told this to Missy the night before he left to go fishing but in the most recent weeks before she died. She became fearful, withdrawn for a reason and skipped working out at the gym. Someone was playing psychological games with her; i.e. vis a vis the LinkedIn mystery message.

To be prepared for what? A stormy morning drive? Speeding will cost you an expensive ticket we can't afford? You may have a flat tire? A killer dressed in SWAT gear may get cha?

When someone I know and love leaves, I tell them, "please be so careful" or "text me when ya get home" or "drive carefully" even if they were departing at 4 in the morning to get somewhere.

When your husband says: "Be prepared." What exactly could that mean to Missy?

Montjoy, you keep me grounded. I'm in my 60's and grew up in the days when my grandmother and mother would 'tell it like it is', no matter who got hurt.
It's very difficult for me sometimes because I have some very strong opinions that I know are controversial, but have a hard time keeping to myself.
When I read your posts, it reminds me to slow down and rethink before I post. (I can't promise that will always happen but I try). I try to keep an open mind and to be fair to all involved. As someone said (a fb post) "Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out."

From the video posted:

I don't think BB told this to Missy the night before he left to go fishing but in the most recent weeks before she died. She became fearful, withdrawn for a reason and skipped working out at the gym. Someone was playing psychological games with her; i.e. vis a vis the LinkedIn mystery message.

To be prepared for what? A stormy morning drive? Speeding will cost you an expensive ticket we can't afford? You may have a flat tire? A killer dressed in SWAT gear may get cha?

When someone I know and love leaves, I tell them, "please be so careful" or "text me when ya get home" or "drive carefully" even if they were departing at 4 in the morning to get somewhere.

Either it was a poor choice of words or an omen or _________. Ya know...

The circumstances leading up to this murder are not coincidental IMO. And I betcha LE has even more suspicious activity that they are keeping.

To me, "be prepared" means, 'carry your handgun with you, just in case'.

Great point. He may have had a heightened sense, of being away and unable to help if she needed some help. Like, what if her car broke down or she ran out of gas, or if she overdid it in a class and broke a limb and had to go to the hospital, without him there to help her, stuff like that.

Missy did not drive a car. The last time that they spoke was two brief times the evening before. BB never mentioned telling her to be careful. They reminded each other of their love for one another. "To be prepared" does not sound like: "Honey, if you break a leg, be prepared."

rsbm

If it wasn't something he did routinely, he may have done it that day, not because of any specific concern, but because he was out of town. Many people are more worried about their loved ones when they are away from home.

BB did not say it that day because the last time he spoke to her was the night before. The MIL indicates BB had told Missy "to be prepared"; therefore, imo, that sounds as if it was a recent pronouncement that was not within days but within a couple of weeks of her murder or at least long enough for the MIL to be told about it.
JMHO

Much appreciated!

At first it seemed like a very interesting coincidence. As in no one I know would send me a link to a local store's handgun sale on fb. That is not the kind of stuff that anyone I know would be interested in, UNLESS, it was Meme with a misspelled word or accompanied by a sick humor anniversary greeting. But, I don't live in TX where the whole place is full of rattlesnakes and having to be armed just to weed the garden is a must. A .38 is the perfect weapon for gardeners, chicken farmers, horse and cattle owners, really all sorts of people. Shotguns are just too heavy to carry around on your property while you are tending to it. So, I can see where some groups of fb friends might send a post like this around and for a completely reasonable purpose. Therefore, I can't say that the coincidence is anything other than a random one.

Somebody here on WS has a tagline that says "There are no coincidences.. only clues." (or something to that effect.)

IMO...
IF MB was acting differently, receiving odd LI messages, BB telling her to be careful in recent days before murder, I would assume she would have taken steps to reduce ANNOUNCING her early AM whereabouts.

FB has private groups you can create for alerting and communicating with members.

To me, that is a rational action to protect yourself.

NOT blaming MB whatsoever. Just maybe she wasn't as concerned as others may think.

Or she was one to put it all out there regardless.

IDK. Just thinking out loud. [emoji848]

You're right... no one thinks it could possibly happen to you.. not here.

From the video posted:

And from this interview with MT

“The morning before we knew anything had happened, he said ‘I’ve told her, I’ve told her she’s got to be careful.’ He was just so afraid something would happen,” said Tucker, who admitted Missy was very trusting. “She might have been a little too naive for her own good, but she was a trusting soul. I guess she just thought everyone was good.” http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/...dlothian-mother-was-worried-about-her-safety/

I am not sure if it means anything, but here are some more tidbits [with "bullet" questions/comments by me], that referenced from MB's LinkedIn and FB accounts including mentioning of the ML Firefighters:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/slain-texas-fitness-trainer-received-creepy-linkedin-note-article-1.2627202
Background summary Linkedin Missy Bevers

BBM

'I am training for my first Spartan Beast Run. It’s so exciting!!'

MB FB:
November 14, 2014 · Midlothian, TX ·
Yes, I am addicted to this thing called, the Spartan Races!! What an Awesome day, ladies! Can't wait for the Super!! Getting a team of Midlothian Firefighters to help us out!! ..

• What team?
  • Helping out with what? Training? Did they?
  • Was she still in contact with them?
  • Who was on MB's team?

Spartan Race:

http://www.spartan.com/en/race/detail/849/overview

BBM

Special gear needed: Racers should plan to bring a headlamp and appropriate fuel for their needs. No fuel will be provided on course, only water. Hydration packs (or water containers of some variety) are strongly suggested for all racers.

• Headlamp?? Quite interesting. Did not know that's part of racing gear.

MB FB November 3, 2015:

BBM

'Tackling the Green Beret Challenge with a group of Camp Gladiator firecrackers in 2016...let the training begin!!'

• Who was on that team training with MB?
  • Green Beret Challenge has a very "tactical" touch to the entire race and how they come across IMO

http://www.greenberetchallenge.com/#!about/c16fk
https://www.facebook.com/greenberetchallenge

Great post! great find, the headlamp seems informative, to say the least.

LARGE-HAMMER.jpgI see a lot of speculation on the tool that the killer is carrying. It's a hammer. 2016-04-23_18-45-36.jpg2016-04-21_9-53-12.jpg

I agree there estimates were off. I did my own analysis when they released the video.

Not at all Montjoy. Why would you think that? No more so than Brandon was headed to his "heavenly place" when Missy died.

"Tucker says his brother’s fishing trip was anything but spur of the moment.

“This trip was planned over a year in advance,” Tucker said. “The one thing other than his family that makes my brother happy is the ocean. The ocean is his heaven and that’s why he was there.”

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/atto...idlothian-murder-eric-williams-case/147852637

Well Biloxi is not on the ocean, it's on the Gulf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa