Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have info as to when and why these two (attorney Robin Sax and/or private investigator Charles Hannon) are/were no longer involved with SG's case?? Did Sax ever actually hear a recording of the 911 call??

According to Robin Sax, an attorney hired by the Gilbert family, Shannon made a panicked call to 911 that lasted 23 minutes. “She told 911 she was in fear and they were going to get her, they were going to kill her.” Sax adds, “They is the big question. Who are they?”

http://www.lauthmissingpersons.com/...bert-victim-of-the-long-island-serial-killer/

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/04/website_private_investigator_p.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xatfi4RIjcE

Anyone have info as to when and why these two (attorney Robin Sax and/or private investigator Charles Hannon) are/were no longer involved with SG's case?? Did Sax ever actually hear a recording of the 911 call??

According to Robin Sax, an attorney hired by the Gilbert family, Shannon made a panicked call to 911 that lasted 23 minutes. “She told 911 she was in fear and they were going to get her, they were going to kill her.” Sax adds, “They is the big question. Who are they?”

http://www.lauthmissingpersons.com/...bert-victim-of-the-long-island-serial-killer/

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2011/04/website_private_investigator_p.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xatfi4RIjcE

The older sister of Mari googled attorneys and found Robin Sax and asked Robin to be on the case.
Robin was on the case initially, but Mari never signed a retainer with Sax and couldn't stand Robin Sax,
and once Mari can't stand you, you have to go. Mari never met Robin Sax and did not appreciate Sax all
over the media speaking for Mari, when Mari had not met Sax.

I discussed with Lori how she came to find Robin Sax and get Sax on the case at Mari's funeral.

No Sax did NOT hear the recording. For those of us who were on this case early on, that is the quote that
we all heard. "They are trying to kill me" is the quote I refer to.

Lori meant well in getting Sax. She was trying to help find Shannan.

http://abc7ny.com/archive/7843812/

MISSING WOMAN'S FAMILY SPEAKS OUT
Missing woman's family speaks out
none

December 14, 2010 3:11:53 PM PST
David Novarro, Eyewitness News
ELLENVILLE, N.Y. -- The grief stricken mother and sister of Shannon Gilbert went through old photos of the 24-year-old in their Ellenville, New York apartment Tuesday as detectives tried to determine if she is one of the victims of what may be a serial killer.
[redacted]
However, the discovery comes almost 8 months after Gilbert's family say she made a frantic 911 call for help from the same location.

It was the last time anyone has heard from her.

"Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.

"She was basically running away, trying to leave, and it was her going 'get away from me, get away from me', running and knocking on neighbor's doors," said Sherre Gilberg, Shannon's sister.

"Screaming, 'help me, help me, he's trying to kill me," Mari Gilbert said.

[redacted]
The family says it was someone she knew.

Shannon Gilbert's family believe police know the identity of the man she was running from on that night 8 months ago, and now hope that the 911 call will help solve this case.

http://abc7ny.com/archive/7843812/

"Her last phone call was 21 minutes to 911, when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck, the police missed her by about 5," said Mari Gilbert, Shannon's mother.

I had not realized until now that the source of the "truck" comment was Mari; I had thought somehow Newsday had heard part of the tape.

God bless Mari; she went through things no mother should ever have to face. But I take her comments, like the home for wayward girls, with a skeptical eye.

And if by "truck" people think it means Pak's van....well, at that point in the proceedings if Pak is contemplating murdering her he'd know he would be the second best suspect after Brewer. And what is supposed to be the motive?? Why wouldn't SG have said "my driver is trying to kill me" ??

Why would he possibly dispose of the body near the scene of the crime? Makes no sense. And again, there isn't any time on the timeline between the last sighting of SG and the arrival of the police for much to have happened.

Very complicated scenarios have been created to explain something that has a very sad, but simple, explanation.

Pak's van? Have you not considered the possibility that Pak pulled shannan into his truck and brought her to whoever killed her?

How would someone listening to the call know if it was a truck or car she was being pulled into.

Good question. I'm trying to remember where I first heard Mari, Sherre, and Robin Sax discussing this. At first I thought it was a 48-Hours episode, but now I'm thinking it was a podcast. I will try to search through more of the old threads here on WS and try to find it. (No guarantees my searches will be successful but I'll try). Anyway, I think they said they were told there was the sound of a door shutting. I don't remember if it was ever revealed as to which member of LE provided the info to MG (and I've often wondered if Sax was present when the 911 call was described to MG) *But, again... you're correct... someone must have made an assumption as to the source of the sound of a door shutting.

ETA:

I believe it was a radio interview on Sax's website (which is no longer active). The post below had a link to Sax's "findingshannangilbert" site.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-id-d-more-found-3-11-7&p=6403997#post6403997

Google this... maybe?

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio – Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 – Special Guests: Robin Sax, Rita Cosby and Blink from Blink on Crime

Pak's van? Have you not considered the possibility that Pak pulled shannan into his truck and brought her to whoever killed her?

That scenario is far fetched at best.

Why would Pak do that? And more importantly, when? And why bring the body to the marsh?

How does a truck figure in as opposed to his car/SUV?

car/suv or van? We don't know why but we do know that shannan was in fear of Pak and running from him.

which member of LE provided the info to MG

There are at least 3 times where Mari's recounting of conversations can be questioned.

1) The entire "home for wayward girls" saga.
2) The discussion of the tox screens by the Suffolk ME
3) This truck issue we are discussing.

I think we have to tread carefully when dealing with "facts" emanating from her. Especially now that we have a really good look at what kind of person/lawyer Ray actually is. I think the poor woman was in shock and grieving and a lot of her public comments were shaped by Ray as well as her hatred of the police.

hatred of police? Ray wasn't even in the picture when the home for wayward girls "saga" and the truck "issue" comments took place

car/suv or van? We don't know why but we do know that shannan was in fear of Pak and running from him.

We have no idea who the "they" was.

If it was Pak why not stay inside Brewer's while calling the police? Why run around where he could catch her? Why flee Gus? Neither Brewer nor Gus knew Pak from Adam; they wouldn't help him.

Her behavior that night was bizarre and irrational. There are plenty of reasons to believe that while the fear was real, it wasn't grounded in reality.

I give the possibility of Pak being the murderer at zero. And Brewer is problematic at best. Once SG starts the 911 call I cannot envision why either of these guys would think the coast was clear for a murder. How could they?

There are at least 3 times where Mari's recounting of conversations can be questioned.

I think we have to tread carefully when dealing with "facts" emanating from her. Especially now that we have a really good look at what kind of person/lawyer Ray actually is. I think the poor woman was in shock and grieving and a lot of her public comments were shaped by Ray as well as her hatred of the police.

Mari also got really involved with the lisk.com group of people and so called vigilante people why may have injected themselves into the case to sway the investigation. Point is, she may not have received reliable information from people in her quest to find answers.

Mari also got really involved with the lisk.com group of people and so called vigilante people why may have injected themselves into the case to sway the investigation. Point is, she may not have received reliable information from people in her quest to find answers.
I believe there is truth to this. Especially if she was ever invited into Flukes house.

<mod snip> I'll say it again - you don't know what you're talking about. So when you say

"a really good look at what kind of person/lawyer Ray actually is" you better watch it because you're not a lawyer and you
haven't lifted a finger to help Mari or the girls for the last 5 years.
You were not at the funeral or you would have known a lot about Mari's witchcraft and sorcery.

There was talk that she did sorcery against Hackett in OB with JG and Scalise and Scalice's mom Evelyn.
Were you at the funeral? What do you know?

After the funeral, there was the cremation and then back to Mari's house. Were you there? I don't remember seeing you.
So what do you know? NOTHING that's what. You follow Beach Bum's book like it's a bible in the LISK CASE. And Kolker
was NOT at the funeral by the way. He sent flowers which were completely inappropriate because Mari HATED him to the core.

I came back and told you it's not a bible and it is filled with half truths and inaccuracies, ALL the families were furious with
him in that book as they had been misquoted and misinformation is throughout that entire book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member