GUILTY Australia - Mason Jet Lee, 21 mos, Caboolture, Qld, 11 June 2016 *mother and stepfather guilty*

BREAKING: Ryan Hodson granted bail

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BREAKING: Ryan Hodson granted bail

Of course, we apparently just love child abusers in this country. Or at least, the practices of the courts certainly indicate such.

Sickening, he should never see the light of day again. :gaah:

May the angels cradle this beautiful child Mason in their arms for all of eternity .

No more pain little one.
No more pain.

Why wasn't Low charged? She knew, she didn't call police .
Hodson’s girlfriend, Sheila Low, said Lee asked her to help in getting Mason back from Mr O’Sullivan, the newspaper reports.

“Low stated that the deceased child wasn’t moving and was only staring and looked pale,” the affidavit reads.

She allegedly told Ms Lee to call the police, but the mother replied back and said: “I’m no dog.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3227300...e-revealed-in-his-tragic-final-moments/#page1

SMH! Obviously cared more about being loyal to her abusive partner than her own child!

I'm surprised he got bail but comforted by the thought that I'm sure he will be roughed up a bit before the next court date. Poor thing ( that is sarcasm )

I am puzzled that he has been identified in the media, he is 17 and appeared in adult court.
Is that a Queensland thing?

I'm surprised he got bail but comforted by the thought that I'm sure he will be roughed up a bit before the next court date. Poor thing ( that is sarcasm )

I am puzzled that he has been identified in the media, he is 17 and appeared in adult court.
Is that a Queensland thing?

This may help (and it seems a 17 year old being tried in an adult court isn't a QLD thing):

'Australian Government
Australian Law Reform Commission

18. Children's involvement in criminal justice processes
Age thresholds in criminal justice processes

'Age of majority

18.21 In the Northern Territory, Victoria, Tasmania and Queensland, children are dealt with in the adult criminal system once they turn 17.[49] In all other States, in the ACT and under federal criminal law all children are juveniles for the purposes of the criminal law, that is until they turn 18.[50]'

'[49] Juvenile Justice Act 1983 (NT) s 3; Children and Young Persons Act 1989 (Vic) s 3(1); Child Welfare Act 1960 (Tas) s 3(1); Juvenile Justice Act 1992 (Qld) s 5. The NT Government DRP Submission 71 is satisfied with the existing position. The Tas Government proposes raising the age to 18: Youth Justice Bill 1997 cl 3.

[50] This is consistent with art 1 of CROC which provides that 'child' means every person under 18 years of age.
'

http://www.alrc.gov.au/publications...es/age-thresholds-criminal-justice-pro#_ftn49

Child welfare officers visited Mason Lee's mother's home as he lay dying at his stepfather's house 1km away with horrific internal injuries
By Sinead Maclaughlin and Ashleigh Davis
For Daily Mail Australia and AAP
01:13 +10:00 16 Aug 2016, updated 01:41 +10:00 16 Aug 2016

'Child safety officers were just one kilometre away from Mason Lee as he lay dying at his stepfather's house, court documents allege.

The Queensland toddler's mother Anne Maree Lee, 21, allegedly told the officers - who visited her three days before he died - that he was staying at the home of his stepfather William Andrew O'Sullivan.'

'The toddler's mother claims the safety officers who visited her home, were going to O'Sullivan's property after.'

'Hodson's girlfriend, Shelia Low, alleged that officers had been at Lee's Compass St home on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the toddler's death, Brisbane Supreme Court heard in a witness statement.

'I asked about Mason and she said that they hadn't seen him as he was with Will (O'Sullivan). She was told that Child Safety were going to try to see Mason at Will's,' the court heard.'

'The Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services department told the Courier Mail that they were unable to comment on a matter before the courts.

'This case is being reviewed by an independent, expert panel, which will make recommendations back to government on any improvements that can be made,' a spokesman told the publication.

'The Minister for Child Safety has already committed to implementing the recommendations.''

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Queensland-home-Mason-Lee-s-mother-died.html

I can't even stay in the thread as I am physically sick from reading the article. Shame on Mason's Mum Anne...
RIP Mason, Godspeed...

Why wasn't Low charged? She knew, she didn't call police .

iDK, Karo. Has it been reported in MSM that Low didn't subsequently call emergency services?

Ms Low claimed she had raised concerns with Hodson about O’Sullivan, who allegedly showered with Mason for “more than an hour at a time”.

She told police Hodson replied that he wasn’t going to “accuse my mate”.

She claimed she saw Mason two days before his death, lying on O’Sullivan’s bed covered in vomit.

Police claim O’Sullivan left the toddler alone for about 20 minutes on the night of June 10.

He was seen on CCTV outside his front door telling himself “I can’t *advertiser censored**ing do this”.

O’Sullivan left the property and eventually returned with another man, Shane Gruber – who called emergency services.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3234534...where-he-lay-dying-at-stepfathers-home/#page1

Court documents reveal medical experts believe the toddler died at O’Sullivan’s Deanne Court home from a perforated intestine.

It’s believed the injury was caused by “a punch or similar” to Mason’s upper abdomen, up to five days before the toddler’s death.

Doctors told police medical intervention could have saved Mason’s life.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3234534...where-he-lay-dying-at-stepfathers-home/#page1

Mason would still be here if only they had put his needs above their own. Instead they were more worried about saving their own butts than saving Mason's life. This poor sweet little boy suffered in pain for 5 days until he finally passed away because no one gave a damn... so sad. What could a 21-month-old even do to make someone want to punch him in the stomach? :(

Ms Low claimed she had raised concerns with Hodson about O’Sullivan, who allegedly showered with Mason for “more than an hour at a time”.

She told police Hodson replied that he wasn’t going to “accuse my mate”.

She claimed she saw Mason two days before his death, lying on O’Sullivan’s bed covered in vomit.

Police claim O’Sullivan left the toddler alone for about 20 minutes on the night of June 10.

He was seen on CCTV outside his front door telling himself “I can’t *advertiser censored**ing do this”.

O’Sullivan left the property and eventually returned with another man, Shane Gruber – who called emergency services.

Thanks mellie. I wonder why Low wasn't charged if she saw Mason so close to the time he died?

Also from your link:

'Last week in court, Hodson’s girlfriend Sheila Low alleged child protection officers arrived at Lee’s home on Compass St on the Tuesday or Wednesday before Mason’s death.

“She (Lee) told me that Child Safety was assisting her and did a welfare check at her house three days prior,” Ms Low, 30, told police.

“I asked about Mason and she said that they hadn’t seen him as he was with Will (O’Sullivan). She was told that Child Safety were going to try to see Mason at Will’s.”'

Maybe Low is giving evidence against Lee, O'Sullivan and Hodson as a way to avoid prosecution.

Thanks mellie. I wonder why Low wasn't charged if she saw Mason so close to the time he died?

Also from your link:

'Last week in court, Hodson’s girlfriend Sheila Low alleged child protection officers arrived at Lee’s home on Compass St on the Tuesday or Wednesday before Mason’s death.

“She (Lee) told me that Child Safety was assisting her and did a welfare check at her house three days prior,” Ms Low, 30, told police.

“I asked about Mason and she said that they hadn’t seen him as he was with Will (O’Sullivan). She was told that Child Safety were going to try to see Mason at Will’s.”'

Maybe Low is giving evidence against Lee, O'Sullivan and Hodson as a way to avoid prosecution.
My thoughts too.. she seems to be the "weakest link" so to speak. And to answer a previous question of yours, Low was not the one to call emergency services. It's in the above article that someone named Shane called 000.

Oh my... just realised it's Mason’s second birthday today!... tears! 😭😭😭

Happy birthday up in heaven Mason 🎉🍭🎂🕯

Mason Lee: Child safety authorities so close to saving toddler

Ms Low told police that she had raised concerns with Hodson about O’Sullivan allegedly showering with Mason for more than an hour at a time. She says Hodson replied: “What the f--- do you want me to do I’m not going to accuse my mate ... what if he isn’t do (sic) anything wrong.”

A transcript of a conversation recorded with surveillance equipment O’Sullivan kept at home also forms part of evidence police submitted to the Supreme Court.

Hodson told Ms Low he encouraged O’Sullivan to rub Mason’s face in vomit.

“F--- him. The stupid dog c---. I told him ‘you want to act like a dog, get on the floor like a dog’,” Hodson allegedly says in the recording.

On the same day, Hodson is allegedly recorded saying he will “f------ hit” Mason if he wants to “cry and yell”. Ms Low told police she previously took O’Sullivan to task for treating Mason “like a dog” and he replied: “Well he’s old enough to eat he’s old enough to learn not to spew.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/31a4299e1e4bd029f909a97a71b4150f

TIMELINE

16 August 2014: Mason Jet Lee is born at Caboolture Hospital

18 November 2014: Mason is hospitalised at Caboolture with bronchiolitis

27 June 2015: Mason is taken to the Morayfield Medical Centre with severe nappy rash

Late 2015: Mason’s mother Annemarree Lee begins a relationship with William O’Sullivan

17 January 2016: The toddler is again taken to Morayfield Medical Centre, this time with a large bruise to his forehead, damaged lip and tender left shin. He is referred to Caboolture Hospital but there is no record he was ever presented there

February/March 2016: Mason is admitted to hospital with a severely infected leg. He is diagnosed with a spiral fracture of the left tibia and doctors note “neglect concerns”

25 May 2016: The child is taken to Morayfield Road Medical and Dental Centre where he is immunised, despite having a temperature. Lee says O’Sullivan took Mason to live with him the same day

7 June 2016: Lee, O’Sullivan and Hodson are approached by a staff member at Best and Less Morayfield who comments Mason does not look well. A police officer says he also saw the child at the centre and noticed he was sickly

7 or 8 June 2016: Child Safety officers visit Lee’s home at Compass St, Caboolture South, for a welfare check, according to witness Sheila Low

10 June 2016: Ms Low and Hodson are recorded arguing about Mason’s face being rubbed in vomit “like a dog”

11 June 2016: A visitor to O’Sullivan’s home makes a frantic Triple 0 call, but nothing can be done to revive the toddler

29 July 2016: O’Sullivan, Lee and Hodson are arrested and charged with manslaughter

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/31a4299e1e4bd029f909a97a71b4150f

My thoughts too.. she seems to be the "weakest link" so to speak. And to answer a previous question of yours, Low was not the one to call emergency services. It's in the above article that someone named Shane called 000.

Yes, it seems so mellie. Thanks for the info that someone other than Low called 000. It cements my thoughts about her. I must admit I did a double-take when I read she's 30. I suppose because Hodson is only 17. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

Also, thanks for the link to, and snippet from, the Courier Mail article. The timeline is particularly disturbing, given the lack of timely intervention by family services.

"Mason Lee's alleged killer is being kept in a protective cell in prison, too afraid to leave for fear he will be attacked.

William Andrew O'Sullivan, Mason's stepfather, has been charged with the death of Mason, who was 21 months old when he died in Caboolture, north of Brisbane, in June.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ther-ap-rotective-jail-cell-refuses-move.html

Poor lamb I hope he lives in fear permanently. What about the fear little Mason felt when he was brutally battered & murdered and left to die in agony? I hope hell exists.

"Mason Lee's alleged killer is being kept in a protective cell in prison, too afraid to leave for fear he will be attacked.

William Andrew O'Sullivan, Mason's stepfather, has been charged with the death of Mason, who was 21 months old when he died in Caboolture, north of Brisbane, in June.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ther-ap-rotective-jail-cell-refuses-move.html

Poor lamb I hope he lives in fear permanently. What about the fear little Mason felt when he was brutally battered & murdered and left to die in agony? I hope hell exists.

After the 'sob stories' from Hodson and O'Sullivan, Lee (through her lawyer) has a problem with the charges laid against her for manslaughter (frankly, I think she, and the other two, should thank their lucky stars that there wasn't enough evidence to charge any of them with murder):

Mason Lee’s mother intends to fight manslaughter charge, lawyer says
August 16, 20163:36pm
Kim Stephens and AAP news.com.au

'THE mother of Queensland toddler Mason Lee intends to fight a manslaughter charge laid against her, according to her lawyer, who was targeted outside court by angry protesters demanding justice for the little boy.

The manslaughter case against Ann Maree Lee, Mason’s 27-year-old mother, was briefly heard in Caboolture Magistrates Court on Tuesday, two weeks after her arrest.

Outside, a small group bearing signs emblazoned with, “accountability for Mason” gathered, chanting loudly as Lee’s lawyer, Brendan Ryan, said his client should not have been charged with manslaughter.

“She’s presently trying to come to terms with the loss of her son,” ABC News reported Mr Ryan said outside court.

“She’s grieving after the loss of her child. The charge of manslaughter is the incorrect charge ... she’ll be fighting the charge of manslaughter.”'

'O’Sullivan and Lee remain in custody.

O’Sullivan’s case was also briefly mentioned in the Caboolture Magistrates Court on Tuesday morning.

Both Lee and O’Sullivan’s cases were adjourned for mention on September 28.'

http://mycoool.com/www_news_com/nat...s/news-story/20ab5317902df87250459237590197a7

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184
Back