Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great news the dad has been found. Hopefully this leads to sorting out of his problems and ongoing counselling for rest of the family.

A father walks into the business where his daughter is working, creates a scene, resigns her position for her (without her request when she is over 25 years of age), accuses her employer and staff of exposing his daughter to drink, boys and parties, then brings a formal bullying claim against the business (which is later dismissed as rubbish).

Great news the dad has been found. Hopefully this leads to sorting out of his problems and ongoing counselling for rest of the family.

A father walks into the business where his daughter is working, creates a scene, resigns her position for her (without her request when she is over 25 years of age), accuses her employer and staff of exposing his daughter to drink, boys and parties, then brings a formal bullying claim against the business (which is later dismissed as rubbish).

BBM: You've lost me Oz Jen. Does this refer to Mark Tromp?

BBM: You've lost me Oz Jen. Does this refer to Mark Tromp?

Yes it does, Makara. I'm basing this on personal observations of behaviour at the time (2 years ago) and what I've subsequently been told by my friend who was her employer at the time.

I absolutely agree this is a mental health issue. Clearly lead by the father who has had a breakdown and is suffering from paranoid delusions.

It makes sense that the family are drawn into it. Living with and dealing with the sudden mental health issues of others is very surreal and probably quite difficult for those who haven't experienced it to understand.

I think in situations where there is little understanding of mental illness, or an unwillingness to believe that could even be possible, there is an initial period of getting very drawn into the chaos. It's a very, very strange and terrifying thing to experience. I speak from personal experience and have seen psychotic breaks happen in two different cases (two different people) in the past myself.

If someone is genuinely terrified for their life (a delusion is very real to the sufferer!) and is fleeing they can be scary because their survival instinct will kick in. This is why I have no trouble believing the son willingly threw the phone out of the car window.

The fear of the head of the family would have become the fear of the family, at least initially, until they all start questioning it. It all makes perfect sense to me and I hope the family members all get the help they need and continue to take whatever meds they are prescribed (because that is the next concern).

I'm confused. Is this referring to one of the sisters?

I don't know how to post a tweet but according to one about half an hour ago Mark Tromp was driven away from a police station with family members.

BREAKING: Mark Tromp leaves Wangaratta Police station with family members .
There is a pic .

I don't know how to post a tweet but according to one about half an hour ago Mark Tromp was driven away from a police station with family members.

BREAKING: Mark Tromp leaves Wangaratta Police station with family members .
There is a pic .

Mark Jesser ‏@MarkJesser 33m33 minutes ago
BREAKING: Mark Tromp leaves Wangaratta Police station with family members @bordermail @theage @theage_photo

CrbittBVMAAjIoR.jpg

https://twitter.com/MarkJesser

Oh my. If that is him in the passenger seat it looks like he is still paranoid and angry they found him...

Fantastic that Mark has been found. I hope this family now gets privacy and compassion to work all this out on their own terms. Bless them.

I am so tired today, I thought that was a book he was holding in front of his face.

Any word on how the mom and daughter are doing? I was wondering if they had been released from the hospital yet.

I can't shake this feeling after readying everything that they went as a family to murder him, the dad that is. They've separated & made up these ridiculous stories to make it look like they were all separate but they've done what they had planned (this horrid deed together) out of psychosis or for insurance money. I could possibly be wrong as this is just my opinion but it's the only thing I can think of to make sense of the splitting up and the weird stories?
I had the same thought. Except I thought they were trying to off both parents, and something went wrong. I'd be interested to hear what Mom has to say.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm glad he is alright. Well at least physically.

I hope the family can sort it out and have the courage and support to make the needed changes and adjustments in their lives.

Why is he not in a hospital or center for mental health evaluation??

So glad he's been found alive. I hope the family will get the help needed to work through this.

He sounds like a tyrant, I can understand now why the family went along with his delusions. It puzzled me why a 25 year old would throw his phone away at his parents behest.
He still seems defiant by his gesture in the car.

He sounds like a tyrant, I can understand now why the family went along with his delusions. It puzzled me why a 25 year old would throw his phone away at his parents behest.
He still seems defiant by his gesture in the car.

Maybe the gesture in the car was aimed at the people who he believes are following him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trent72
Back