Todd Kohlhepp - Profile of a Killer?

I sense there was another speckled past there as well, with the stepfather and his ex putting each other in and out of jail. I really feel sorry for TK's 2 step siblings, their early years had to have been pretty traumatic.

I wonder if the reason he didn't like his stepfather is because his stepfather saw him for who he truly was.
His step father wasn't going to let him have his way.
Maybe that's why TK kept breaking up their marriage. Mom protected and excused his behavior and the
stepfather didn't and refused to. Mom takes TK's side every time.
I have a feeling the step father has a huge story to tell. I'd love to hear from him!

I believe the StrideRite shoe story is in part 2 of these interviews.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepps-mom-talks-about-his-childhood-anger-rape-kidnapping/

Thanks soanyway. I did not see that second Raw interview last night and I was looking for it.

Interesting to see how the news cut her comments. Her complete statements are even worse. When talking about TK stabbing a girl on the school bus with scissors she first clarifies they were the little rounded school scissors. "He stabbed her in the leg. Not much, I mean it didn't go deep, I'm not trying to make it light, but it didn't go deep, he didn't put a lot of pressure behind it. but he was mad at her."

In nursery school he threw sand and pushed other kids down when he wanted something they had. And then he would go get it.

She kept buying him stride Rite shoes because she thought they were best for him and everyday he would throw one of his shoes in the creek and then say "Mama, shoe in creek". She didn't have a lot of money to keep buying him shoes and her parents wouldn't help becasue they did not want her to have him. Her parents didn't want her to have any children. She would go buy more shoes.

Then the reporter asks how TK ended up in counseling in Elementary school and TK's mother responds with" "Todd is extremely intelligent. His numbers are off the chart. He's highly intelligent. He would have been much easier to handle, to raise if he hadn't been so intelligent...but...I think I'm going brain dead--" She forgot where she was going with the story. Reporter tries again with the question again about how TK ended up in counseling in elementary school and what lead up to that'

"He was in counseling and therapy with several different people during the week. I mean I paid for one. They did one. He had another one Trying to figure out how he got rid of his anger that he had inside of him. He had spray painted the side of the barn. He had stuck towels down the toilet and backed the water up all through the house. And I had to get rid of the anger and nothing I did seemed to help. Of course he got corrected for this, but it didn't change the anger. And then, we got a divorce and Todd and I were in a little duplex."

Reporter interrupts and asks where they were living at that point and she says "Cherry Hill (sp?) which is right, not far from Broome High School" Reporter verifies it's Spartanburg.

Other things we learn:
His biological father came back when he was about 12 and he had not seen Todd since he was less than 2 months old.
Todd would go to her parents' farm but never did anything to help on the farm and wouldn't do anything that her daddy asked him to do. He would sit in a chair and hold the cat.

He picked out his bedroom furniture and she paid for it. That was a couple days before his bio father came back into his life. Todd wanted to go with his father and she said no. So he took a claw hammer and destroyed his new furniture.

She was afraid of him and locked him in his bedroom at night and locked herself in her own bedroom.

Reporter tries to ask about the rape in AZ and instead of talking about that TK's mother tells how he cut up a bunch of new clothes she had bought for Todd. :scared:

Did anyone else see the detectives interview on GMA this morning? I can't locate the video that goes with the story below. Maybe it's a snip from an upcoming special? IIRC, LE said the cell ping that led them to the property was from an unrelated case. If so, wouldn't the victim likely be there. Also curious as to which other states are now being looked into.

Authorities have added that this case has expanded to other states as they continue searching more properties owned by Kohlhepp.
Det. Ezell said that some of the details not yet available to the public would be "shocking" if they were released.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/detectives...outh-carolina-serial-killer/story?id=43457937

First of all, HOW do you stab someone with rounded scissors, while being mad, but "not put a lot of pressure behind it" and not have the scissors go deep?? Those types of scissors are the type that would require more pressure to "stab" someone. And he was mad but he didn't go deep, I guess he was calm while mad and careful not to stab the girl too hard? What kind of nonsense is that?!?

And I notice every time the reporter tried to ask about something serious like counseling or the rape, RT deflected and talked about things she wanted to talk about instead. She's telling things Todd did wrong but most of the things she focuses on were how much money he cost her and how much damage he did to property. Every story seems to be about a wrong he did to her.

does anyone know where grandparent's farm was/

bio-dad lived previously in georgia/-marietta and atlanta

his/- tk /- psychological evaluation when he was 16 said he had lived with bio dad for 3 and half years.

This really bothers me.

When speaking about how he was hurt when the step siblings were picked up and he was not.

"Do you think that was the first time he was deeply hurt?"
LONG PAUSE.
"Close to it"

I haven't been able to watch all of the raw video yet, it kept freezing on me last night, but I sure hope there was a follow up question to that response.

http://wspa.com/2016/11/11/kohlhepps-mom-talks-about-his-childhood-anger-rape-kidnapping/

ETA: Shoot. The 1st part of the raw video cuts off RIGHT AT THIS PART. Part 2 begins with her saying other things started to come out after that and goes right into that mild little stabbing he did to the girl on the bus. So it doesn't seem there was a 'well what happened earlier' type question.

Yes that was a really long pause...wonder what she was thinking about that had really hurt him bad?

"It was a contentious relationship because of everything that was going on around us."

ARG!

I swear, I could put together a whole new tab on the timeline, just of upsetting things TK's mama says.

It's certainly possible there actually was bad stuff that they had to deal with, but I really think this is just more minimizing. All of the things that happened... none of them were the fault of Mama K or her baby boy. Not one of em.

Shoutout to mods or oldtimers that create threads on forums.

Is there going to be a specific thread created that will open when the Dateline show comes on tonight?

If so, can you post link here for it?

As an aside, took me 10 minutes to post this.. now longer. This site is really slow today! Not only in loading to view, but also to post a post. :pullhair: This special tonight on Dateline is tonight for this case, and the A&E special "Killing Season" that is about LI serial killer and others... that highlights WS is tonight. I do hope the site gets faster by then!

gaah how long it is taking

Shorts, the banker, said Kohlhepp appeared successful, driving expensive cars. Records show he owned two BMWs and a motorcycle. Kohlhepp worked from home, and Shorts came over occasionally to exchange documents.

"You used to walk in his office, and he had *advertiser censored* going on," he said. "I can remember walking in there two or three times, and there was *advertiser censored* on his dad-gummed laptop. Realtors would walk in, and he had it on there too."

http://bigstory.ap.org/f53461c225664fcfa16d17693eb766d9

lol...his numbers are not 'off the chart' intelligence wise.
He has an IQ of 118. There's a good amount of chart after that.

Shoutout to mods or oldtimers that create threads on forums.

Is there going to be a specific thread created that will open when the Dateline show comes on tonight?

If so, can you post link here for it?

As an aside, took me 10 minutes to post this.. now longer. This site is really slow today! Not only in loading to view, but also to post a post. :pullhair: This special tonight on Dateline is tonight for this case, and the A&E special "Killing Season" that is about LI serial killer and others... that highlights WS is tonight. I do hope the site gets faster by then!

gaah how long it is taking

:wave: Bently.

Yes I will create a thread for the CBS 48 Hours episode devoted to this case. It will be opened for posting shortly before the show airs.

I believe DAVE, our techie guy may be currently tweaking some things in the techie zone.

:wave: Bently.

Yes I will create a thread for the CBS 48 Hours episode devoted to this case. It will be opened for posting shortly before the show airs.

I believe DAVE, our techie guy may be currently tweaking some things in the techie zone.

GO DAVE!

We believe in you!!
This place is going to be bumpin tonight :)

“48 Hours” goes inside the missing persons investigation and the stunning revelations her alleged captor, Todd Kohlhepp, 45, a real estate broker, made to police in “Buried Truth” to be broadcast Saturday, Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

It’s a story that has made international headlines and continues to unfold as investigators search and find more victims of an alleged serial killer in South Carolina. Correspondents David Begnaud and Peter Van Sant interview investigators, family members, neighbors and friends of the victims. And they talk with experts and others about the mind of a serial killer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kohlhep...the-twisted-life-of-an-alleged-serial-killer/

The 48 Hours thread will be opened shortly before the episode airs.

lol...his numbers are not 'off the chart' intelligence wise.
He has an IQ of 118. There's a good amount of chart after that.
Haha, I was thinking the same. I have a nephew with an IQ of 146 and my son has a 143. They may have some defiance issues with authority, but they're not stabbing kids with scissors and destroying property. Something else is going on in his head and with his emotional stability. I do think his mother's enabling attitude has something to do with it. Like when she was talking about the goldfish, "...and I tore into him...and asked what were you thinking?" Did she really tear into him or did she minimize everything and then drop it because she couldn't be bothered? She seems so calm about all of this.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he had already been sexually abused prior to this pickup incident at school. JMO, of course. If he's 2-3 years older than the youngest step sibling, he would've been at least 7 or 8 if they were all attending the same school.

Yes that was a really long pause...wonder what she was thinking about that had really hurt him bad?

IMO, according to RT, she is victim #1, TK is victim #2 and the countless victims he tortured, abused and/or killed did something to TK and he just reacted. She's known of his emotional and behavioral problems since he was 15 months old, yet only had counseling for 3 months and later for 8 weeks. Yet she completely exhausted her finances providing this counseling. The tears she sheds after replying "no" when asked if TK wants to die are but a drop in the river of tears his victims and their families have and will shed because of him.

Mrs. Kohlhepp informed Juvenile Probation Officer Shirley Twiggs that the defendant ha been experiencing noticeable emotional and behavioral problems since he was about fifteen months of age. He has always been mean to other children and when required to interact with them, the defendant did so in an aggressive manner.

She indicates that Todd is not a bad boy and never has been. She realizes that what he did was wrong and indicates that he is sorry. She contends that despite allegations that the defendant has been in counseling for most of his life, such is not true. She informs that he underwent counseling for three months and later for eight weeks.

She stated that she had completely exhausted her finances providing counseling and any service she felt would help. She feels she has done everything possible to help Todd and feels there is absolutely nothing else she can do.

From the 1987 court docs.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/files/1987-presentence-investigation-report-1478284242.pdf

What Kohlhepp told his mom at the time of the Superbike murders

"It was a contentious relationship because of everything that was going on around us."

ARG!

I swear, I could put together a whole new tab on the timeline, just of upsetting things TK's mama says.

It's certainly possible there actually was bad stuff that they had to deal with, but I really think this is just more minimizing. All of the things that happened... none of them were the fault of Mama K or her baby boy. Not one of em.

THIS POST LANDS AT RANDOM AS A SORT OF FYI

I have watched and read all of TK's mother's statements to the press.

It is understandable that people may find some of her statements offensive or as minimizing about her son's crimes. Members can discuss her public statements and express frustration with them if they are so moved.

Please refrain from referring to her as anything other than mom, mother, her given name or her initials. Other pet names or name calling is not acceptable. Because the site may be busy due to the Killing Season premier and the 48 Hours Buried Truth show airing tonight, mods may not have time to be mod snipping posts.

In plain language, If name calling or bashing of TK's mother occurs the post(s) in question will be removed completely. I know a lot of thought often goes into posts and would hate to see whole posts with good points tossed because of something that can be avoided.

tlcya

This article really provides a very thorough portrait of TK. Although most has already been discussed here, there were some items I had missed and a few that filled in some gaps in previous years. I hadn't heard the quote of TK wanting RT "all to himself" before, but IMO, it is very telling.

The portrait is that of a troubled child, moving back and forth between a stepfather he hated and a biological father he modeled his love of guns after but grew to hate as well, and a mother struggling at times to claim him.

Regina Tague says she has been assured by her son that there are no more bodies to find.
And, she insists, he's misunderstood.

"We're victims, too," Tague said.

“Todd is not a monster,” Tague said in the interview. “He’s not even close to it. He wasn’t doing it for enjoyment. He was doing it because he was mad and he was hurt.”
While living in Georgia as a pre-adolescent, Kohlhepp spent three-and-a-half months in a mental hospital as an inpatient, committed because he couldn't get along with other children, a Phoenix-based psychiatrist wrote in a mental evaluation before Kohlhepp's sentencing in October 1987.
Shortly before the sexual assault, Kohlhepp had expressed his desire to return home to his mother, but she made excuses to prolong his stay.
In the evaluation, his mother shared that she believed Kohlhepp "wanted her all to himself" and did what he could to ruin her marriage.
While incarcerated while awaiting disposition of his case, her son wrote her several letters expressing his regret, but she related in the probation officer's report that she didn't believe him and that he simply wanted to get out and have his weapons shipped to South Carolina.
Once in jail while awaiting his court date, neither his biological father, his stepfather nor his mother wanted to claim responsibility for him.

On another review, the user posted that an item is "blacker than my soul and priced right."
Another review for a hidden shackle padlock says "works great.. also if someone talks back.. go old school on them by putting this in a sock and beating them.. they will not appreciate the hardened steel like you will..."

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/12/driven-anger/93548938/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LPopadoodles
Back