Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, just the fact that Sherri, a SAHM, used daycare might suggest that she had been feeling overwhelmed caring for two small children. So, she found a way to get a "mental health break". Not necessarily unusual. But not all SAHMs would consider daycare. The added expense for a single-income family also makes it a bit unusual.

Hope she is found. Yet, following this current line of thinking; we should thank goodness that the children were in daycare.

Thanks, re-reading I can see how the sister's "quote" could be misjudged for sure. But the article pretty clearly states that the "husband said she usually goes for a jog after picking up their two children." To be that shotty in reporting is frightening, but I don't doubt it could be wrong.

That sentence isn't even in the article itself. It appears to be one of several items supposedly established in the article below. But, according to the article, it's the sister-in-law who is providing this information. Seems kind of sloppy, doesn't it?

I don't know, I think that putting her two kids in daycare (ages 2 and 4) is certainly indicative of a woman who is overwhelmed and depressed...

How could they possibly afford that when her husband worked (essentially) a minimum wage job?

It's not like her husband was a doctor or a dentist and she could afford to have that luxury.

I just find the daycare thing odd..esp with so much family in the area. From what I can determine, she seems quite "isolated" if she felt that she needed to put her two kids in daycare to get a break.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Geek-Squad-Salaries-E307701.htm

But Redding is a very economically depressed area. They aren't hurting for workers. When I lived there, someone told me "Redding has a glut of both skilled and unskilled workers." They don't have to pay people more, since there's tons of unemployed people (supply and demand!)

and on her poshmark ? page (one of her websites she was selling things.) she is selling a MAC shopping bad for $3. Who doesn't just throw that away? I don't think that he (the husband) would even work 40 hrs/week at a job like that...someone else commented that this would be a slow time for a job like that - before Black Friday, and all. I wouldn't underestimate the stress of *not having money*
Respectfully, I put my kids in daycare when I was a sahm. I was neither overwhelmed nor depressed, so your comment is not true of all sahm. There are many reasons we chose to do this on a part time basis, but non were related to mental health. There were many other children of sahms where my children attended. My neighbor owns a local preschool/p-t daycare center, and told me today that half of her 'students' come from families with a sahm.
I think it's offensive to state it 'is certainly indicative of a woman who is overwhelmed and depressed., because she made this choice.

Hope she is found. Yet, following this current line of thinking; we should thank goodness that the children were in daycare.

It's conjecture, nothing more, at this point. ;)

Any opinions on her "Alter Ego" pinterest board?

Her alter ego seems to be a Stepford Wife from the 1950s. Stepford wife pins and comments like "Dress for Marriage Success! Play up your feminine nature 1950's style!"

https://www.pinterest.com/spapini/alter-ego/

I looked at it, but nothing jumped out at me. But, then, I'm a guy so I spent most of my time looking the guns and the slow cooker recipes (Food!). :D

She wasn't isolated she had freedom without kids all day. Also independent contractors can make decent money- it's not as if he was a cashier or something. They hired PI and took 2 polys

Installing high-end theater systems, in economically depressed Redding?

Honestly: How much of a demand is there for that? That's not a 40/hr week job.

He couldn't make more than $20/hr... With a wife and two kids at home, that's *tight* economically.

If you look at the pin you can see the comment from her is separate, and if you click the pin it goes directly to the site where you can buy them and not to another pin.
But if I repin her pin it will save it to my board with her quote and you'll have no way of knowing that it was her quote, not mine. It all depends if she's the type that puts her own little note on it, or just repins as is (which is what I do, I don't really care what's written under the pic).

Nope. I was suggesting the scenario of another case, a home invasion by strangers, no reason to remove a body and stage it to look like an abduction - it's just too complicated. If Sherri were killed in her home, why the abduction ruse? So ... in all likelihood she was not killed in her home and taken. In my opinion.

True, but she could have been abducted from the home by gunpoint...not killed there. jmo

Steelman, you and I are pretty close on our maps/target areas we recommend to search. Look at my map below that I carried over from page 42 on thread 2. I suggest going a bit farther up (north?) to look around that concrete quarry, or whatever you call them. I think it's Lehigh Concrete pit. Seems like a good area to check around. Lots of digging equipment, materials to conceal, etc. When I think of this gal and that concrete place I get the chills. I think it merits a look.

Panini.png

I looked at her Pinterest page......maybe she thought she was born in the wrong time?......... Maybe she ran away ?

Respectfully, I put my kids in daycare when I was a sahm. I was neither overwhelmed nor depressed, so your comment is not true of all sahm. There are many reasons we chose to do this on a part time basis, but non were related to mental health. There were many other children of sahms where my children attended. My neighbor owns a local preschool/p-t daycare center, and told me today that half of her 'students' come from families with a sahm.
I think it's offensive to state it 'is certainly indicative of a woman who is overwhelmed and depressed., because she made this choice.

Well,I talked to my sister, she has two kids *about* the same age...she agreed with me that it was highly unusual to put them in all day "daycare" esp if your husband is not a doctor or lawyer or something...Let's not forget, her husband worked a rather menial job in an area where there's very high unemployment (jobs don't pay a lot --supply & demand) They have two cars, which can be expensive, and they don't even own a home.

My sister's kids are about the same age, 2 and 5.

I hope she ran but i don't believe it. In the week prior she posted a pin of Halloween shoes she wants to make for her future kid, who will be a Superhero nerd like her. So she wanted more babies, at the least. Or maybe, speculation here, she already was. I just don't see suicide or leaving. I see her as a loving, devoted wife and Mom.

I think they believe she was abducted and driven out of the area. And I hate that because she could be right there.

I copied this over from the other thread.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

yes, me too.

But then I was thinking today...it may be their normal routine for the husband (Keith) to drop the kids off at daycare the 2 or 3 days a week anyway.

Seeing as the Best Buy is *in town* - where he would have to stop and get the work vehicle, and imagine check in with the store. and the daycare, I am assuming, is located in the town of Redding as well.

Since they live in the outskirts of town (Mountain Gate), it may make more sense for the husband to usually drop off the kids, if she was truly just wanting alone time, when her kids go to daycare...why not save gas?

But her father-in-law said that she usually shops or gets supplies for the kids home schooling while they are at preschool (not daycare.) I think she would probably do those things in Redding, doubt that Mountain Gate (pop less than 1,000) has many stores if any. For some things she could go to nearby Shasta Lake City, where she went to high school. I think it would be just as easy for her to take them to preschool.

Well,I talked to my sister, she has two kids *about* the same age...she agreed with me that it was highly unusual to put them in all day "daycare" esp if your husband is not a doctor or lawyer or something...Let's not forget, her husband worked a rather menial job in an area where there's very high unemployment (jobs don't pay a lot --supply & demand) They have two cars, which can be expensive, and they don't even own a home.

My sister's kids are about the same age, 2 and 5.
The kids were NOT in full time daycare. They went to a pre school for a few hours a few times per week.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

You know, just the fact that Sherri, a SAHM, used daycare might suggest that she had been feeling overwhelmed caring for two small children. So, she found a way to get a "mental health break". Not necessarily unusual. But not all SAHMs would consider daycare. The added expense for a single-income family also makes it a bit unusual.
To me, the children going to daycare is not a big deal. It could be as simple as the family enrolled the children in a daycare program while both adults were working, SP left her job for whatever reason and decided to keep the children in the daycare program as to not disrupt their scheduled routine. My daughter is an only child, yet when she was little she was enrolled in daycare so she could socialize with other children that were her own age-granted I was also a college student-but even on days that I didn't have class my own child would still go to daycare/preschool, so I could catch up on work or simply just take a nap or read a book.
I could only see it being a big deal if sending their children to daycare was out not part of their normal everyday lives. Moo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Doesn't Ca have free daycare for parents that don't make much. Or is that kindergarten kids?

Where I work you are allowed to work from home part of the time. HOWEVER, it is policy that if you have children you are not allowed to use working at home as a substitute for childcare. They want your full and undivided attention on the job. Therefore when you sign the agreement to work out of your home you agree to make arrangements for your children - childcare, at a parent's house, etc. I wonder if other places have that policy as well. Of course, I don't know if Sherri was working from home or not. She did, at one time, work for AT&T.

One thing that crossed my mind that I dont believe ive seen posted, whatabout if she went for her run, had earbuds in but decided to not wear them and put them wherever.. Got home started wrapping gift.. Realized shed lost her phone and hopped up to go look for it. Thats about my best reasoning for partially wrapped gift. Unless someone showed up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

True, but she could have been abducted from the home by gunpoint...not killed there. jmo

Yeah, that's a theory...which would explain the partially unwrapped present.

If so LE should let us (the public) know - there's a possible dangerous person/people on the loose! LE has been painfully slow updating us (the public) on the details, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici