UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony has mentioned Public help in a lot of comments and updates that in the near future it hasn't happened. I feel something is dodgy about this whole situation. I mean come on your telling me cctv hasn't been looked at after 8.00hrs unless they saw something definite in the cctv in the time window. A Raf solider goes missing in thin air and they haven't checked cctv due to lack of human resources etc its been 8 weeks no reconstruction took them all the time to go knocking on doors in the direct area Corrie went missing. Something doesn't sit right with me.

They need to do a search at Thetford Forest. I have this awful gut feeling.

I said very early on that if I was looking to dispose of a body in that area, Thetford Forest was where I would do it. It's 47,000 acres - not large by any means by the standards of US forests, but one of the biggest here in the UK. Plenty of driveable tracks to get deep into the forest to do so.

Tony says it collected another pick up after so was probably one of many.

It had been confirmed that there were just the 2 pick ups. The Bury one and then one in Mildenhall and then off to the depot. Unless I misread it!! I wonder where the depot is where they drop the recycling.

Interesting that it is still a "Missing Persons".
That stops entry into buildings.

I believe Tony as he has answered "two" very relevant questions that relate to the cameras. One obvious. One not so.

Therefore... we have three vehicles. (I can exc the bin lorry).

So the times are omitted.

There is another "important point" omitted. And I guess Tony and the police know this.

I expect the killer does to.

The net, is infact closing. It is interesting to see how they have handled this, given the limited resources clearly deployed BECAUSE the case has not moved from Missing Persons to Murder/Kidnap Murder.

It had been confirmed that there were just the 2 pick ups. The Bury one and then one in Mildenhall and then off to the depot. Unless I misread it!! I wonder where the depot is where they drop the recycling.

I highly doubt this. You don't drive 10 miles in a juice guzzling bin lorry to pick up 11 kg of cardboard. BSE was one location (with multiple business recycling bins emptied) and Mildenhall the other. Could even be more areas than this.

The recycling centre is a 1/4 mile from the fiveways roundabout along the A1065.

Is it not mildenhall?

Thetford needs searching. End of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Tony as he has answered "two" very relevant questions that relate to the cameras. One obvious. One not so.

There is another "important point" omitted. And I guess Tony and the police know this.

The net, is infact closing. It is interesting to see how they have handled this, given the limited resources clearly deployed BECAUSE the case has not moved from Missing Persons to Murder/Kidnap Murder.

I think I need sleep to help me work out the omitted parts lol! I agree Tony's updates are more telling in what he doesn't say.

You have to elaborate on this, James!

I wonder if one of them was a Greggs delivery lorry.

Interesting that he doesn't say what sort of vehicles they were.

You have got to wonder haven't you. I'd say one has to be, it obviously their delivery point and they're open on a Saturday. Id imagine deliveries are before 8am. Does this speculatively rule out another vehicle?

Id imagine deliveries are before 8am. Does this speculatively rule out another vehicle?

I would think it very likely.

Anyway, if Greggs get their pies, pasties and sausage rolls from an external facility, that rules out one possibility .....

Am I right in thinking that if the cctv had only been checked up until 8 am on the Saturday morning then there is a 'chance' that once they have looked at the cctv after that time they will see Corrie walking out of there at, say, 8:30 am? Seems crazy that they've only checked up to 8am, though I can understand why from Tonys explanation.

im still struggling to get to grips with the fact that no family member/friend/colleague had thought it strange that they had heard nothing from Corrie via phone or social media until Monday morning. Especially considering he was actively texting/talking on the phone to people throughout the whole Friday up until even the early hours of Saturday morning.

You are right. He could have gone to sleep, had the phone stolen, then started moving after 8.00. However I have heard people say that by that time on a Saturday morning it would be starting to get quite busy because of the Saturday market.

What is it that turns a missing persons enquiry to a murder investigation? Is there some kind of criteria that needs to be hit for it to become a murder case?

Just for speculation sake really. Corrie is still a missing person and not a murder victim as it stands. Does this shed light on things that may be known or found? Or does it really hold no relevance as strategically they could keep it a missing person case even when they suspect it's not?

yes this as been covered on the fb it comes external I can try go through old posts to verify it for you all but they don't bake there own stuff a local cleared that up :)

From Tony's most recent update I can only conclude the following:

Corrie is seen leaving on cctv but is one of the unidentified 23. Unidentified maybe because of a clothing change or unclear picture. In this scenario you can assume he binned his own phone, logically to go awol.

Corrie left in one of the four vehicles. I think the bin lorry is pretty safely ruled out (for him not the phone) the update doesn't mention specifically what action is being taken with the cars. So, either the same as situation one, he's binned the phone and used the vehicle to go awol. Or, an altercation happened in the loading bay, his phone was binned and he left in a vehicle. I'm ruling out going willingly purely on the phone evidence, although it's possible the phone did travel with him, in that situation it would suggest getting in a vehicle willingly.

Lastly, he stayed in the loading bay until after 8am and further footage needs to be viewed. Interestingly this one is seemingly ruled out based on Tony's description of the searches in the area. But, who has access to the buildings at 3-4am on a Saturday morning? Who has keys to those properties? Potentially interesting. In this instance I would assume he was forcibly taken purely on the phone evidence of pings.

To rule out the first scenario the 23 have to be identified. A mean feat and one I'm not sure is possible, or they need a reliable witness sighting corroborating him leaving in this manner.

Scenario 2 to be ruled out would be the usual, searching and testing for all the vehicles, alibis for all who have access to the vehicle and a timeline of the person driving that night. As well as catching up with all cctv in outward areas to confirm car movements. From the wording it seems the other vehicles entered the loading bay opposed to being in the vicinity however this is no confirmation on this so you can only assume it was possible he had unseen access to get in one.

Scenario 3 is seemingly ruled out but I guess if there's further testing they can do inside, store cctvs and interviewing all staff who had keys that would help.

It doesn't seem such a mystery any longer, more constrained by budget and resources. Which is frustrating for all involved.

I only include awol purely because I feel it can't be discounted as a credible theory. While the family have confirmed Corrie wouldn't have gone awol it is still a possibilty based on the options we have, hence leaving it in.

I'm still thinking option 2 personally. This doesn't cover any motives or what happened next obviously.

I really don't like scenario 1. I think his appearance was distinctive enough even if blurred...and I can't go with the change of clothes at all.

Please elaborate? To save my sanity & headscratching? (It's been a loonnng weekend!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is it that turns a missing persons enquiry to a murder investigation? Is there some kind of criteria that needs to be hit for it to become a murder case?

I don't think there is anything specific other than the discovery of some evidence indicating foul play which could be almost anything depending on the circumstances. If they had found blood in his car, for example, or some of his clothing discarded with or without blood, or his phone was found somewhere it shouldn't be.

I really don't like scenario 1. I think his appearance was distinctive enough even if blurred...and I can't go with the change of clothes at all.

Me either, but as a possibilty I included it anyway. It would have to be well planned and thought out to have a change of clothes, a mode of transport and a bin collection for his phone to be scenario one

So glad to find the thread now open again!
I thought Tony's update was fairly thorough and covered a lot of the points we've been going around in circles with. To me, they seem to be narrowing things down so I hope answers will soon be forthcoming.
I don't believe Corrie has gone awol for one minute. I believe someone has caused his absence and covered it up. I just hope this case will not turn into one of the long-running mysteries that leave families in limbo, like Damien Nettles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gymtherapy