Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet the Shasta County public records showed a SLG/DAD divorce filing in summer of 2007 and final judgement in Sep 2008. (Link and post in earlier threads.)

Not familiar with how that works...why would each party file separately for divorce? Why one filing in HI and one in CA?

I have no idea how divorces work...maybe one of the lawyers could shed light. It does seem that by that point they were living in different states.

Just playing catch up today. Excuse if this is a repeat of an earlier post. (Also added it to the Media Links thread)

NBC Today Show (Video at Link)

Cops hunt for kidnapped California mom Sherri Papini's abductors

Sherry Papini, a Northern California mom who was missing for three weeks, was found over Thanksgiving weekend, battered and still wearing chains. Now she is safe at home with her family, police are stepping up their search for two women they believe are her abductors. NBC’s Gadi Schwartz reports for TODAY.

So at the bottom of page 1, "pink Running outfit". That takes me back to this post;
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-10&p=12962729#post12962729

Where I posted a pic of an evidence item. Still looks to me like the inside of one side of a pink running top!

Skibby??? Unknown map thingy? :loveyou:

lol! Looks like a paper sack to me, but looking closer it must be heavier than a paper sack as it is lower than the evidence ribbon, so I will go with you and say it is the inside of a running top. Awesome catch BTW!

you would think but the fact is they don't. a lot of police work is confidential.

Don't the police have to give an update. If there truly are a couple of people who kidnapped someone for three weeks and assaulted them, the police have to pursue this aggressively. If not, then they owe an explanation to the public who pays them and they are supposed to be protecting.

Why do I still doubt the police - because they have not been forthcoming. If they came out and said - we believe she was taken from this area at 11:00 when she was out for a run by two Hispanic women about 30 years old driving a 2000 Ford Explorer. She was held in various locations by a variety of people... Until there are arrests or we get that kind of detail about the people they are searching for... hoax is still number 1 with me.

And yet the Shasta County public records showed a SLG/DAD divorce filing in summer of 2007 and final judgement in Sep 2008. (Link and post in earlier threads.)

Not familiar with how that works...why would each party file separately for divorce? Why one filing in HI and one in CA?

They probably weren't speaking so each of them filed in their state of residence. My ex and I did that also. He filed in Arizona and I filed in California. We then decided to go with Arizona as it was faster than California which has a six month minimum waiting period between filing and formal judgment of dissolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh this thread is moving soooo fast.

I saw this near the end of the closed thread, but don't know how to bring it over. It's the daily police log from November 12.

RP CONTACTING. IS FAMILY FRIEND OF MP.
STATES HE REC'D INFORMATION FROM SUBJ TONIGHT THAT DIDN'T WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN LEO CONTACT. REC'D INFO THAT LISTED MALE IS HOLDING A FEM AGAINST HER WILL IN A STORAGE CONTAINER/SHED.

Somehow this seems important to me.

Bottom of page 1, top of page 2.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-12-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

And the location listed is less than 4 miles from where SP went missing.

Auto mechanic. Think radiator hose and engine lifting chains.

:cow:

You bring up a good point. Perhaps the abductor works in the industrial field...a field where hose clamps are readily available or handy. If not, why would the abductor think of *hose clamps* to bound SP? If I'm going to abduct someone and I don't work in an industrial field, I don't suddenly think of hose clamps. I am only going to grab something as specific as that because its readily handy or available. I'm going to grab rope, zip ties, handcuffs, etc. But *hose clamps*??

So, without violating TOS, can we think to ourselves the abductors possibly working in an industrial-related field?

Me thinks I'm onto something...

I think SP must have told LE she was assaulted...seeing injuries does not equal being battered. That would be a presumption on part of CHP. She must have said she was battered. That was my point. But it does not mean her injuries came from kidnappers for sure...maybe from "jumping out of a vehicle"? Anyway, jmo.

Battered just means injured from being beaten or hit. I would expect that if someone wa found with injuries all over their face it would be assumed they had been battered by someone. Reports that Sherri didn't see when kids right away support the hypothesis that her face looks a mess.

Note that the word does not indicate who did the battering. Such battering has been self inflicted in some cases:

"He found West, 33, in the emergency room of Simi Valley Hospital and followed her across the street to Safe Harbor, a forensic facility where sexual assault victims are examined and interviewed. Her appearance suggested an attack of concentrated malice. Her face was swollen, her lip gashed, her hair torn out in chunks. A cord, found tied around her neck with a slipknot, had left an angry red line, and there were burns on her stomach and ring finger." http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/26/local/la-me-accused-20110626

Of course we all know it's assumed here that it wasn't self inflicted and that typically the word battered indicates someone else did it.

I don't think we will get an explanation.

I followed this early on because a girl I know recently moved to redding and was acquaintances w her but it moved soooo fast I could not keep up. whatever the reason though I don't think we will get a detailed explanation.

One thing I noticed is the absence of information is generating more interest in this case. It's sensationalistic and many people want answers. The commenters on the MSM sites are heavily questioning this case. <modsnip> I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon.

The reporting party is a friend of the missing person and heard something from "subject" about a woman being held in a shed. It does seem important. I'm sure they investigated that. It could just be rumor but who knows.

That's right.

It really is this case.

Eh. It's from an official source though. Dispatch calls are official records. I really don;t see how there's room for editing actual CHP dispatch recordings. And the CHP log is an official record and has been linked here. That she's been heavily battered is what the CHP reported to dispatch. Period. I don;t think any debate about that is reasonable.

How she became heavily battered is unknown, however.

Thank you for putting that together. Clears up a lot IMO.

Here is the entire post. Thanks again;
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ng-2-November-2016-10&p=12962905#post12962905

the laws of those states may vary as to equitable division of the assets, spousal support, or other issues relevant to the divorce. In such a case they would each try to invoke the law of the state that is favorable to him/her, then fight over which case goes forward, which state has jurisdiction, etc.

One thing I've found interesting in this case, is the fact that Gamble took his client's ransom deal off the table around 5:00AM Wednesday morning, and SP was released around 5:00AM Thursday morning.

One thing I noticed is the absence of information is generating more interest in this case. It's sensationalistic and many people want answers. The commenters on the MSM sites are heavily questioning this case. <modsnip> I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon.
I've noticed some MSM articles are using this, "Allegedly abducted" and 'abducted' in quotes in their headlines. I didn't see that until last night. One one hand, I hope she wasn't abducted because of the trauma she would have suffered and will continue to suffer, but on the other hand, public outlash and family distrust would be terrible too if it wasn't true. I'm not sure which would be worse, IMHO.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alif-mom-sherri-papini-dead-article-1.2889960

Police believe abductors left Calif. mom Sherri Papini for dead

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Monday, November 28, 2016, 12:21 PM

"Officials are checking out Papini’s past and know about her previous marriage and divorce. They are looking into her online activity before she went missing and have obtained 20 warrants for data. Investigators are also reviewing surveillance cameras and cell towers in areas around Yolo County and the city of Redding."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...alif-mom-sherri-papini-dead-article-1.2889960

Match any of the data from the 20 warrants to the cell tower dumps and maybe they can find the perps. Isn't modern technology wonderful!!

What lousy reporting. The article headline "Police believe abductors left Calif. mom Sherri Papini for dead" is not supported in the story. For dead is not something that LE has said. Nor did thier story reflect that.

lol! Looks like a paper sack to me, but looking closer it must be heavier than a paper sack as it is lower than the evidence ribbon, so I will go with you and say it is the inside of a running top. Awesome catch BTW!

Paper sack, LOL. Uh huh, Pink and black. Yeah it looks like an inside out bra top to me. But I'm a dude so it's not my fault, LOL (thatshowwethink)

Withdrawals? Where did that money go?

shows total collected regardless of withdrawals. Withdrawals are not public info. Source: I've run campaigns

&#10084;

Thanks IdeMae! I'd asked about how it worked a while back and didn't get an answer. I tried to understand it through their site, but couldn't ever find that specific information.

Cardinal47, on the donation page it said to please note that Keith's sister is withdrawing the funds from the campaign. So I guess they went to her. It stated in bold at the top of the page that all funds will be used for search efforts to bring Sherri home safely. Linking of isn't permitted here, but the page is still there.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other yet, but one thing I'm wondering-- why release her chained? Wouldn't there potentially be fingerprints or evidence on the restraints? Or even serial numbers that could be traced if it was industrial hose clamps? I would think, from an abductor's standpoint, you would want *less* evidence of your crime out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod