Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any links for the youths against drugs program you mentioned? JMO, but I've also wondered if SP was involved in any activist groups that could have made her a target.

The mention of the youth program was in a daily mall article yesterday. hth.

Sherri was going to run a 5k which benefited CASA. I wonder if she was an advocate for a child, or just running the event? Far-fetched I realize, but some of the children you could be involved with as an advocate, come from horrible situations.

very stupid question, but reporters asked it so I will too. was SP working? as in, employed outside the home. because if she was, it would be another place to look for potential grudge(s).

I'm starving but can't fathom putting my phone down to grab some breakfast. I'm 12 pages behind on this thread and with a press conference today this thread will blow up! Help someone feed me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel as if the police did not seem urgent about this whole case.

Could it be that they felt that there toes were stepped on with the family getting outside help with the reverse ransom offer?

I am still baffled on why the police did not work harder towards finding her.

They were wrong about her leaving on her own.

I think that's exactly why. Hence the original voluntarily missing adult classification. How many times did they emphasize how rare an abduction would be? IMO it took them a while to actually believe that really was the case. The family was right all along.

The more Info that's released, the more this is looking like a sex trafficking plan gone wrong.

Some of you have stated that they wouldn't bruise, brand and beat their victims. That's absolutely incorrect. I know from experience.

I used to volunteer at a safe house for human trafficking victims here in Phoenix. They actually made a small documentary called "Branded" about what happens when a person is trafficked. They beat them to wear them down, humiliate them, brand them by burning a word or symbol on their skin. They gang rape them. They turn them into a submissive shell of the person they used to be then send them off to work once they're ready.

My guess is the PI told KP's father that this is what likely happened to her, and the only possible way to get her back was to offer money to the people who took her. Getting her face out there played a huge role as well. Once the reward money went up to 100K, I think someone got scared of being turned in for the money. Someone in their circle of people that knew what they were doing with her.

If they had killed her someone still could've turned them in but the charges would've been much worse.

I completely agree. LE didn't take this seriously, and now, they've totally grasped the horror of what she endured, and they're racing to catch up.

why wasn't amber alert used?rumorsofallthisinfoout

She was listed as "voluntary missing" at first.

That's true, thanks. She was talking about the Sheriff in her post, and I thought the 'voluntarily missing' was a mistake made by another agency. There's so many details that I could very well be mistaken, though!

:bump:

“It is pretty dated material. We don’t believe that that had any correlation or relevance to her abduction,” Bosenko says.

This tells me that we can probably rule out the brand being any kind of race-related slur. Because if someone had branded "Hitler" or something of that nature on her, then Bosenko could not have said what he did.

More than likely something that denotes ownership, or else something that points to some characteristic of SP that they hate, like being blonde and pretty.

He said it wasn't a "symbol". He said it was a "message". Not sure what he means by that.

I don't think the brand is a literal message involving words. Just branding SP with a random shape like even a curling iron would send a "message" to SP that she was under their control, so don't try anything. It would also be a message to anyone else that these people don't mess around and need to be feared. It's a loud and clear message without a word.
JMO

I'm thinking I will never be visiting the Redding, ca area in this lifetime.

I'm going to guess the brand had something to do with California belongs to Mexico.

why wasn't amber alert used?rumorsofallthisinfoout

Amber alerts are only used when the description of the car is known. It's so that people can be on the lookout for it. We received one in Oregon when Hannah Anderson was taken to Idaho.

The mention of the youth program was in a daily mall article yesterday. hth.

Sherri was going to run a 5k which benefited CASA. I wonder if she was an advocate for a child, or just running the event? Far-fetched I realize, but some of the children you could be involved with as an advocate, come from horrible situations.

BBM

I'm a CASA volunteer and yes, that would not be a farfetched idea at all. Especially depending on your area. Very interesting detail.

I feel as if the police did not seem urgent about this whole case.

Could it be that they felt that there toes were stepped on with the family getting outside help with the reverse ransom offer?

I am baffled on why the police did not work harder towards finding her. It raised doubts on her abduction.

They were wrong about her leaving on her own.
Details of the search:

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516

From Keith's statement:

Specific thanks to the Shasta County Sheriff's department, FBI, NorCal Alliance for the Missing, the Lost Coast Trackers, Shasta Support Services, the Guardian Angels, my own personal A-Team, Cameron Gamble, Cody Salfen, Jim Linnan, Sean Ditty, Don Armstrong, Yolo County Sheriff's Department and hospital, the medical personnel that helped our dear Sherri, social media and many news outlets.

From the sheriff:

Investigators had "somewhat lengthy of an interview" with Papini Monday, Bosenko said, though the details of that interview were not immediately available.

He said he didn't know whether they'll interview her again.

"We don't have information if this was a targeted abduction or if it was a random act," Bosenko said.

His investigators "worked through the Thanksgiving holiday, including the weekend" to find the ones allegedly responsible for Papini's disappearance, Bosenko said.

That includes continued reviews of surveillance footage and cellular tower information, he said.

I don't think the brand is a literal message involving words. Just branding SP with a random shape like even a curling iron would send a "message" to SP that she was under their control, so don't try anything. It would also be a message to anyone else that these people don't mess around and need to be feared. It's a loud and clear message without a word.
JMO

They could've easily put the word "*advertiser censored*" into her skin and that would still be considered branding, and sent a message. It's all just to wear her down, and let her know she isn't in charge of her own body anymore.

I'm thinking I will never be visiting the Redding, ca area in this lifetime.

Just pass right on by en route to beautiful Southern Oregon. Of course we have missing people, drugs, militia, and gangs. But we're prettier than Redding. :D

I have been wondering if the reason Bosenko has not been more forthcoming was because there is another investigative agency involved that has not been disclosed.

Would the Shasta County Sheriff's take a secondary role if a higher state or government agency was conducting an active investigation into something larger? And SP was a victim/survivor of whatever the investigation entails?

Amber alerts are only used when the description of the car is known. It's so that people can be on the lookout for it. We received one in Oregon when Hannah Anderson was taken to Idaho.

Also I believe the guidelines for an AMBER alert are for when it is a child abduction. As much as I would like to see the system expand, I don't want to see it used to the point where it becomes noise. I think there is a good reason for limiting it to the abduction of minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omgitsree