Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a possible scenario of what went on with SG that night. I have to go back and look at the timeline of which girl disappeared and when. Whoever the killer was, he probably was not acting alone. With the GB4, they were all loaded into burlap sacks, I'd call it a difficult task for a single person.

Also, Shannan had 2 phones, while she was in the bathroom did they grab the burner phone,she may have had out and had no idea she had another phone besides the burner which answers my question of how she was able to dial 911 in the house of someone who was going to kill her. I believe she heard something said between the 2 while they thought she was out of the room and in bathroom. She was able to call 911, surprise surprise to the killers!

Also, Shannan had 2 phones, while she was in the bathroom did they grab the burner phone,she may have had out and had no idea she had another phone besides the burner which answers my question of how she was able to dial 911 in the house of someone who was going to kill her. I believe she heard something said between the 2 while they thought she was out of the room and in bathroom. She was able to call 911, surprise surprise to the killers!

Surprise is right. You have an incredible instinct for what may have gone down in the house. Nobody would think that someone was carrying 2 phones.

Salsa,

Is it fact that Shannan owned/had two phones or are you speculating that she may have had two phones?

Salsa,

Is it fact that Shannan owned/had two phones or are you speculating that she may have had two phones?

I never put 2 and 2 together until last night. The problem I had with that night was how she was able to get a 911 call in if a they wanted to kill her. I then remembered reading an article in which Shannon's mom mentioned she had a burner phone and a regular phone for friends and family. This was not mentioned as a clue in the article but was in an article that was her mother talking and telling the reporter a little bit about her daughter.

Men called Gilbert on a disposable cellphone, sources familiar with the probe said. But she often talked to Pak on her personal cellphone, for which Newsday obtained records.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/gilbert-vanishing-reaches-one-year-mark-1.2849214

I never put 2 and 2 together until last night. The problem I had with that night was how she was able to get a 911 call in if a they wanted to kill her. I then remembered reading an article in which Shannon's mom mentioned she had a burner phone and a regular phone for friends and family. This was not mentioned as a clue in the article but was in an article that was her mother talking and telling the reporter a little bit about her daughter.

This is good police work on your part. It makes me wonder if the cops have had the same idea on two phones. I'd love the chance to sift through the evidence. Outside help is what breaks many cases. New ideas, new theories, a different POV.

The two phone thing makes me wonder about each of the GB4 and where were their 2nd burner phones?

Most Craigslist and backpage prostitutes have a 2nd phone for taking ad calls and their real phone for everything else.

This is good police work on your part. It makes me wonder if the cops have had the same idea on two phones. I'd love the chance to sift through the evidence. Outside help is what breaks many cases. New ideas, new theories, a different POV.

Thank you, I could not wrap my head around how a victim was able to get a call through at the moment they were so sure someone was going to kill them. She had made calls to PAK I believe through the night, so they might have thought that was her only phone.

Dr. Baden's words hit me: Something in the order of she died a mile or so from a graveyard of other dead bodies and there is no coincidence in his mind with the vast amount of criminal cases he has worked on.

The ban of cell phones after Shannon.

The two phone thing makes me wonder about each of the GB4 and where were their 2nd burner phones?

Most Craigslist and backpage prostitutes have a 2nd phone for taking ad calls and their real phone for everything else.

That was the difference I found in the other victims (only what was published) that pimps or boyfriend only mentioned or it seemed they only had one phone.

If she had her burner or other out and left it out while she went to the bathroom, Brewer and the other man may have grabbed it and thought they had her. The question left is what did Shannon see or hear that made her flip. I believe she heard them discussing her death in some manner and she had that second phone out with 911 to let them hear her on that call so that they would not touch her as she made her escape route. When they were trying to calm her and Brewer touched her she screamed out in terror. Who wouldn't? I think any of us would be in a half frozen panic and really scared. You mix this with alcohol or a drug they slipped in your drink, who knows how you would react.

" leave your phones home". Where did this originate? Did the killer put out a memo?

" leave your phones home". Where did this originate? Did the killer put out a memo?

I doubt the killer said do not bring your phone. I read the one pimp or boyfriend mention one girl was sharing another girl's phone and it was low on battery and left on charge. The no phones with last two may be coincidence.

Thank you, I could not wrap my head around how a victim was able to get a call through at the moment they were so sure someone was going to kill them. She had made calls to PAK I believe through the night, so they might have thought that was her only phone.

Dr. Baden's words hit me: Something in the order of she died a mile or so from a graveyard of other dead bodies and there is no coincidence in his mind with the vast amount of criminal cases he has worked on.

The ban of cell phones after Shannon.

Two of the GB4 went missing after SG. Again, the killer was evolving and learning from his past endeavors. Which makes for a smarter killer. Some women I know (my wife is one) will keep their phone in their bra now and then when they're out and about. It depends on how busy their bra is.

Two of the GB4 went missing after SG. Again, the killer was evolving and learning from his past endeavors. Which makes for a smarter killer. Some women I know (my wife is one) will keep their phone in their bra now and then when they're out and about. It depends on how busy their bra is.

The police are in argument if it is one or two killers. It would seem illogical 2 men coming in from another area would pick the same spot, but it does make sense if there are 2 killers working together, Brewer and Roomie, or the possibility is also sensible that Brewer wanted the bodies nearby but not in his backyard and picked a place not so far and another killer had picked the spot from out of area. This is more likely than 2 separate from 2 entirely different areas picking the same spot. It is more likely to happen if one picked it because of proximity.

The GB4 are all the same killer. Look at how neatly they are spaced. All 4 piled up may bring attention, space them out and it becomes less likely to be discovered. It also brings some idea of how the killer might think and act, making me believe this is a neat and orderly person.

I looked at the Manorville dismemberment cases and when and where the remains showed up on the OP. I see no connection to the GB4 and Asian Male cases. The dumping was a coincidence it happened close to the GB4 site and the Manorville killings were much earlier.

I'll call the Asian Male a strong possibility of being related to the GB4 and note that the killer took pains to disassociate himself from the other cases due to the homosexual connotation that might go with it.

I see no connection to the GB4 and Asian Male cases. The dumping was a coincidence it happened close to the GB4 site and the Manorville killings were much earlier.

I'll call the Asian Male a strong possibility of being related to the GB4 and note that the killer took pains to disassociate himself from the other cases due to the homosexual connotation that might go with it.

You kind of contradict yourself here, to me anyway - it looked like you said you see no connection, then say it's a strong possibility.

To me there is no connection between GB4 and Asian male, and he is more closely related to the Manorville dismemberment cases, (despite obviously not being dismembered).

In some of the older threads before the Killing Season shows I ran into discussions of secret wild sex BDSM parties that were being held around the time of the killings near LI. I may be wrong but its possible that one of the ads for one of these parties may have stated to "leave your phones home". I do remember in those early threads that the ads did talk about being very discreet and dressing nice until inside the secret location of the parties. One of the posts I read had the actual content of an ad for one of these parties. They were by invitation only and were kept mostly under the table as far as who knew about them.

From what I remember reading about the BDSM parties they suddenly stopped after the bodies were found. I dont have the link but its in one of the early threads about LISK.

This party thing falls right in line with the theory that I agreed with about a certain group of people would have an "anything goes" wild sex based themed party and hire a girl or girls for overnight. These parties were similar to the BDSM parties but even more secret and more wild and just VIP people.

Things would get quickly out of hand and drugs were used to make the women submit to the anything goes part. I think one or two of the organizers knew the girls would be killed at the end of the party when maybe some of the other participants may not have even know the girls were being killed. The men may have been told by the organizer that the special drugs make the girls not remember anything the next day. When in reality the organizers realized they had to kill them because they did remember the really bad parts of the night.

I even think its possible these VIP people were very rich and they could have paid off the pimp a very large sum of money for a girl of no return. This could explain why the pimp was so determined to capture SG. His contract and money may have been riding on getting her back in that house.

When the bodies were found by LE it made some of the men realize they were part of something much worse than they thought. Once the bodies were found then the parties get abolished, suicides happen, and one person even calls the home of a girl to try to get ahead of why drugs were used on a girl. Putting out his excuse even before the autopsy is complete.

I think the GB4 girls ended up in a party such as this. SG was the hero in getting them stopped but it cost her her life IMO. I think some of the others on that LI beach also may have been victims of parties such as this.

The older body parts on fire island may have been the early beginnings of how these parties started with just a few people in the early beginnings.

All JMO of course

Is there a single person besides me who believes that as all the true facts indicate, SG went to JB's home, who was alone, went inside as her driver MP waited outside, began acting strange as she had in the past, was asked to leave and refused, was again asked to leave by MP who was summoned for help by JB, after MP gave up trying and went outside to wait in his SUV, JB grabbed SG to literally throw her out, SG screamed, stumbled down the stairs and ran down the street stopping at two neighbors homes, both who called 911, and went onto the marsh on her own and died from an exposure to the elements/drug combination?

Is there a single person besides me who believes that as all the true facts indicate, SG went to JB's home, who was alone, went inside as her driver MP waited outside, began acting strange as she had in the past, was asked to leave and refused, was again asked to leave by MP who was summoned for help by JB, after MP gave up trying and went outside to wait in his SUV, JB grabbed SG to literally throw her out, SG screamed, stumbled down the stairs and ran down the street stopping at two neighbors homes, both who called 911, and went onto the marsh on her own and died from an exposure to the elements/drug combination?

Even though that is not my particular belief I have seen others who think very similar to your thoughts about how SG died.

Its a possibility for sure and if my theory doesnt pan out then your theory is where I would go next too.

Something just caught my eye. According to this 48 Hours article, per Mari Gilbert:

"Peter Hackett told me that Shannan was at his house, that he ran a halfway house for people who wanted to get off the street and that Shannan was there," said Mari Gilbert.

Mari says during that phone call on May 3, Dr. Hackett told her that Shannan had left his house with her driver and that he was worried about her. But when Shannan's sisters went out to Oak Beach, they got a different story.

"He denied calling my mother," said Sherre Gilbert.

As we now know, Hackett did in fact make 3 calls as evidenced by phone records which may have been what prompted Hackett to admit the truth-in part anyway.

First, I want to know if Pak was questioned as to whether or not "Shannan left with her driver" from Hackett's house. It would be VERY telling if Hackett lied about that. Second, I find it most curious that Hackett would make 3 calls to Shannan's home only 2 days after she went missing but was not found. Simply inserting himself for some twisted need? Maybe. Trying to find out information as to what Shannan's family knows? Longshot but possible, imo. Calling for some twisted and dark need because he was involved? Maybe.

I've always thought there was likely a connection between Shannan and the GB4. Similar descriptions/ages. All advertised on Craigslist. All found near to each other; albeit, Shannan was not among the GB4. I've also always sensed that Shannan was indeed murdered, but the MO differed solely because she succeeded in calling 911, ran free and spoke with Gus C., and thus she needed to be killed and disposed of quickly for fear of the killer(s) drawing further attention.

I am new here and was reading some posts and this one in particular I have a question about... how in heck did Peter Hackett have Shannan's mother's telephone number? Doesn't anyone find this odd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa