Burlap and Forensics

James Bissett Was found dead in Veteran Memorial Park in his car, by a PATROL CAR in Suffolk county due to suicide.

Found by a Patrol car in Suffolk county? Dead suicide. Now I question whether or not it was suicide? One thing to be found in his home dead but at night? by a Suffolk county cop? Ruled a suicide by the Suffolk County ME? REALLY?

http://www.ibtimes.com/james-bissett...suicide-652939

James Bissett Was found dead in Veteran Memorial Park in his car, by a PATROL CAR in Suffolk county due to suicide.

Found by a Patrol car in Suffolk county? Dead suicide. Now I question whether or not it was suicide? One thing to be found in his home dead but at night? by a Suffolk county cop? Ruled a suicide by the Suffolk County ME? REALLY?

http://www.ibtimes.com/james-bissett...suicide-652939

Things sure are fishy with that. Where's the suicide letter, I say?! Let us read it. Why is SCPD so top secret on these things if they claim Bissett had no involvement? Then there should be nothing in the letter that we can't see.

Burlap bags are available online. Rock quarry's also have large burlap bags with cement and rock fill. He most likely paid for them with a pre paid credit card. Did they study the burlap fibers to pin point it to one manufacturer. The weave and seams would be unique to each maker.

Burlap bags are available online. Rock quarry's also have large burlap bags with cement and rock fill. He most likely paid for them with a pre paid credit card. Did they study the burlap fibers to pin point it to one manufacturer. The weave and seams would be unique to each maker.

The way it looks, they studied the burlap bags and the bags traced back to Bissett. From what I understand, there are only 2 places one can get burlap bags from on Long Island. One place is in Nassau County, the other Suffolk County. What was it that drew attention to Suffolk County (Bissett) and not the other place?

The police have never released that info. I think LISK just went and purchased these bags himself and may have even paid cash. Figures why he only looks for girls so tall and so big. If they were any taller or weighed more than 100lbs they really wouldn't fit in the bag.

Burlap will pick up and hold fibers, hairs, pieces of thread easily. But to sort it out after a year on the ground exposed to the elements and animal traffic is next to impossible and the killer had that in mind when he chose burlap. Great camouflage, biodegradable, not easily traced.

The way it looks, they studied the burlap bags and the bags traced back to Bissett. From what I understand, there are only 2 places one can get burlap bags from on Long Island. One place is in Nassau County, the other Suffolk County. What was it that drew attention to Suffolk County (Bissett) and not the other place?

The police have never released that info. I think LISK just went and purchased these bags himself and may have even paid cash. Figures why he only looks for girls so tall and so big. If they were any taller or weighed more than 100lbs they really wouldn't fit in the bag.

Did he pick them shorter and smaller for the bags or to easily overpower them? If he picked a girl who is gym buff and 5'8, he may feel she would have had more strength toward self defense. There are a few large ones online, it seems if they go from average 24x32 inch to really large 7-12 ft in length, there are no bags to fit an average 5'5. I was thinking he really had to wedge them into the most common sized even at 5'.

Did he pick them shorter and smaller for the bags or to easily overpower them? If he picked a girl who is gym buff and 5'8, he may feel she would have had more strength toward self defense. There are a few large ones online, it seems if they go from average 24x32 inch to really large 7-12 ft in length, there are no bags to fit an average 5'5. I was thinking he really had to wedge them into the most common sized even at 5'.

He probably picked them that size for both of those reasons. But I'm pretty sure they fought back and must have had DNA under their fingernails. No one ever said if they were stuffed into those bags with their clothes on or off either. That would probably help with a lot more other questions as well.

I just have one thought that came up when they were discussing the burlap sacks and only having the one place to buy them on the island in The Killing Season. But they also noted how it could be a long haul driver. So maybe we should be asking from where did the Aquarium owner get his Burlap sacks from. Who makes them? where are they delivered from? What other bags may also be delivered by the Burlap makers? Who are their drivers do they have any criminal histories?
For example One company I found for burlap is http://nyp-corp.com/about-us. (I hope I can post this been a while since I have posted on here). There does not seem to be that many Burlap Manufacturers in the states. Any who just my thoughts and opinions. Take em or leave em. Smiles.
Welcome Back MysticJynx!! :happydance:We've missed you. Great Post.

I really don't think that burlap bags/sheets are connected in anyway to the direct employment of the LISK only because burlap is one of his signatures and my opinion is that it would be too easy in one respect to narrow in on the type of industry if any he works within eventually I do however think that maybe he has an insider who works within a burlap requiring employment who may supply them to him .. has anyone ever cross referenced the local burlap supply companies even within a 100 miles radius just to check whether there has been the same person buying from different sources as I don't believe he would continue to buy from one particular company without suspicion being raised once the bodies were found and made media coverage etc

I believe that the burlap bags were simply happened upon by the LISK. Maybe they were stored in a garage or shed for years (I go back to my earlier post about my dad saving them in his shed). Or garbage picked and stashed away. Possibly even washed up on the beach.

Burlap is used by the ocean to control erosion and provide a windbreak for plants. They are used for sand bags to control a rising-water condition or to channel water away from a construction site.

LISK is pretty smart and wouldn't have a paper or electronic trace to a bag purchase. How much information is there on the bags? Were the victims wrapped or placed in the bags? Wrapping leads me to a one-person task. Inserting someone into a bag or two leads me to needing help.

Okay, this is a super creepy murder short film that was made in 2007 and shows 2 men stuffing a murdered woman in a Burlap Bag. it could be possible LISK viewed this if he has a fetish for Burlap.

https://youtu.be/5v-DED6s0Ak

Just throwing it out there, but i'm 90% sure burlap is used in Novelty Vintage Christmas Sacks here in the UK. So it should be an easily procurable item over the internet. Not sure why everyone is sure it must have been found locally.

Just throwing it out there, but i'm 90% sure burlap is used in Novelty Vintage Christmas Sacks here in the UK. So it should be an easily procurable item over the internet. Not sure why everyone is sure it must have been found locally.

I think that's all because the SCPD immediately looked at Bissett. That question has never been answered for me. Do the sacks say Bissett on them or something? As was brought out. Burlap sacks can be bought from anywhere. Did these specific sacks say something on them that leads us to looking only right in Long Island?

Speaking of summer, I wonder why there was no detectable smell from the bodies. Even a small dead animal, the stench goes pretty far. Of course the shoreline does have that low tide smell of its own. Was any trace of lime or quick lime detected in any of the sites?

Very good point! Why was there no distinct smell. Was this all part of the plan from the beginning?

I think that's all because the SCPD immediately looked at Bissett. That question has never been answered for me. Do the sacks say Bissett on them or something? As was brought out. Burlap sacks can be bought from anywhere. Did these specific sacks say something on them that leads us to looking only right in Long Island?

Thank you! Pop it into Google. You can buy it online easily. I don't think the burlap is much of a clue in terms of narrowing anything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, he used what he had. Unless there is a hair or fiber or DNA from the killer, it is of little value in solving this case. Decomposition destroys DNA very fast. Even if his DNA was left behind on these woman, it would be gone. I have see this in other cases.

Google Bissett Nursery. Its for the trades only. His Burlap is sold near and far.

Okay, this is a super creepy murder short film that was made in 2007 and shows 2 men stuffing a murdered woman in a Burlap Bag. it could be possible LISK viewed this if he has a fetish for Burlap.

https://youtu.be/5v-DED6s0Ak

Good find salsa. Maybe lisk is into theatrics? I mean it was weird and the water setting. There are some nut jobs our there.

I agree, he used what he had. Unless there is a hair or fiber or DNA from the killer, it is of little value in solving this case. Decomposition destroys DNA very fast. Even if his DNA was left behind on these woman, it would be gone. I have see this in other cases.

Trace DNA would not hold up as well as things like hair and other fibers. Then comes the painstaking task of separating evidence out of a gravesite that was exposed to the elements for months or years. This would be a FBI level task and they have the people that could sit down and dissect a project even if it took months, fiber by fiber, hair by hair and so on.

City have asked this question before but has the policemen ever released information about any writing on burlap bags?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back