Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said. Hillsong is great IMO.

Kinda like some of the church's beliefs in the handling on venomous snakes during the service. I completely, 100%, disagree w/serpent handling but I won't denigrate them or their faith. It's a free country.

Just curious - are there any other instances where an anonymous donor has come forward to offer a reward for the return of a missing person? (Awards are pretty common for information leading to the safe return, but rogue donors working around the law?)

BTW -- there is a legendary Los Angeles kidnapping/murder where the father of a young girl evaded police, communicated with a kidnapper on his own, and it did not end well. Not at all.

It usually doesn't.

With a loved one's life at stake I would stick with LE and not risk it with some renegade wannabe. JMO

That is very interesting, and could well answer the central mystery: how is SP still alive? I can't imagine the two kidnappers not dumping her as a team, if that was the plan. I wonder if it's 3AM, the more sympathetic captor spirits SP into the SUV while the evil captor is asleep, pushes SP out in Yolo and just keeps driving to wherever.

The Sheriff did refer to SP's abuser as a "sick person" and not persons. That makes it even more likely that one of them wasn't fully committed.

I also like the idea of the evil captor waking up to an empty house and completely freaking out.

What??? A trucker? I hate asking for sources, but please?

[FONT=&quot]By The Associated Press, and Democrat staff
POSTED: 11/24/16, 2:31 PM PST | UPDATED: 2 WEEKS AGO
0 COMMENTS
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
A California mother of two who vanished nearly a month ago was found safe and in stable condition near Yolo in what family members are saying is a “Thanksgiving beyond belief.”
Sherri Papini has been reunited with her husband, Keith, and received medical care at a Sacramento-area hospital on Thanksgiving morning. Shasta County sheriff’s officials said she’s also interviewed by detectives from their major crimes unit.
Family members previously said they believed the 34-year-old Papini was abducted. They called her a “super mom” who would never abandon her family.
Papini disappeared Nov. 2 after leaving home to jog near the town of Mountain Gate. Her cellphone and headphones were found near the site where she was last seen.
Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto told The Democrat Papini was discovered by a passing truck driver on northbound Interstate-5 and County Road 17, near the town of Yolo, four miles north of Woodland.
“She had been left by the side of the freeway,” Prieto said. He didn’t know the exact time she was found but said it was before the sun was up, probably between 5 and 6 a.m. He said his office was notified around 7:30 or 8 a.m.

First three sentences of the “Help Find Sherri Papini” page, launched 11/4/16:

“Please Help us in Raising Money to BRING SHERRI HOME SAFE. All Funds will go directly to the Papini family and will be used for search efforts to Find Sherri and to Help bring her home Safely. Every Dollar Counts as time is critical.”

Does anyone here know how these monies were used in the search efforts to find Sherri? Were they indeed used in the early days of the search—as the “time is critical” language suggests they would be?

To ask this question is not to say that her abduction is a hoax or that she was not the victim of violence. I ask because here on WS there are literally hundreds of posts speculating about what it was that led the abductors to release her. Many of these speculations involve money, or things that money could buy. Yet no one really knows. To ask how the $49,000 that was raised was used in the search efforts is simply a way to gather facts about a variety of things that might have influenced the abductors.

Thanks.

I think the VI said at least some of the money was used to hire a PI.

Kinda like some of the church's beliefs in the handling on venomous snakes during the service. I completely, 100%, disagree w/serpent handling but I won't denigrate them or their faith. It's a free country.

Just to be clear, Bethel Church doesn't do snakes. Snake-handling is far out of the mainstream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>I was just watching a video and this girl acts like she's insane. Or maybe it's like Scientology?

<modsnip> They might not hold people against their will but they know how to manipulate members.

Bethel's 'signs and wonders' include angel feathers, gold dust and diamonds

McCurdy said the repetitive music, dancing, painting and excessive stimuli serve to get people worked up into an emotional frenzy where they're expecting to see miraculous things.

"They come looking for that feel-good feeling, that high, for supposed miracles, supposed signs and wonders, speaking in tongues, gold dust, diamonds, feathers. ... It seems like they're just ready for it," he said.

Once, as she ran through her house frantically searching for her journals, the baby sitter told McCurdy the anti-Christ was in her house and Jesus was in hell saving people, he said. Shortly after that, she went into a trancelike state and said she felt 20 feet tall before losing consciousness, he said. The behavior made him believe she was demon-possessed, he said.

Bud Press, director of the Christian Research Service based in North Carolina, devotes his time to researching claims made by Christians for the purpose of debunking or confirming the claims. Bethel is part of the Signs and Wonders movement, within the Word of Faith movement, he said. Aside from claims of angel feathers, people in the movement say diamonds and gold dust show up at church and in their homes, he said.

http://archive.redding.com/news/bet...dust-and-diamonds-ep-377152155-353401081.html

[FONT="][FONT=Georgia][I]By The Associated Press, and Democrat staff[/I][/FONT]
[COLOR=#808080]POSTED: 11/24/16, 2:31 PM PST [COLOR=#DDDDDD]|[/COLOR] UPDATED: 2 WEEKS AGO[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20161124/NEWS/161129932#disqus_thread"]0 COMMENTS[/URL]
[/FONT]

[FONT="][/FONT]
A California mother of two who vanished nearly a month ago was found safe and in stable condition near Yolo in what family members are saying is a “Thanksgiving beyond belief.”
Sherri Papini has been reunited with her husband, Keith, and received medical care at a Sacramento-area hospital on Thanksgiving morning. Shasta County sheriff’s officials said she’s also interviewed by detectives from their major crimes unit.
Family members previously said they believed the 34-year-old Papini was abducted. They called her a “super mom” who would never abandon her family.
Papini disappeared Nov. 2 after leaving home to jog near the town of Mountain Gate. Her cellphone and headphones were found near the site where she was last seen.
Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto told The Democrat Papini was discovered by a passing truck driver on northbound Interstate-5 and County Road 17, near the town of Yolo, four miles north of Woodland.
“She had been left by the side of the freeway,” Prieto said. He didn’t know the exact time she was found but said it was before the sun was up, probably between 5 and 6 a.m. He said his office was notified around 7:30 or 8 a.m.

Wow....this is total news to me...how does a truck stop in time and not the woman in her car? I guess the woman could have also been too afraid to stop.

Thank you for this :)

I found it interesting that when asked if SP knows why only one abductor released her, the VI said that due to the ongoing investigation, she couldn't comment on that.

Wow....this is total news to me...how does a truck stop in time and not the woman in her car? I guess the woman could have also been too afraid to stop.

Thank you for this :)

I would think that the truck driver would have been interviewed on 20/20 instead of the woman who was interviewed who didn't stop. This is the first I have read that a truck driver discovered SP.

It usually doesn't.

With a loved one's life at stake I would stick with LE and not risk it with some renegade wannabe. JMO

Very true. I certainly wouldn't want an abducted loved one of mine to be the "test" subject.

But really, where was the "negotiating"? Negotiators are supposed to talk; to listen to demands and concerns, to work out deals, etc. Never once did the perps contact him or acknowledge him in any way. In fact, for all of his talk about negotiators having to remain neutral, his videos were rather accusatory and even a bit threatening. No hostage negotiators I ever heard of would have risked angering the perps while they held a hostage.

The hostage/release/negotiator letters that he used to try to contact the kidnappers seemed quite unprofessional to me. Really if kidnapping is the case you need a highly trained expert involved.

I did wonder this. But IIRC, it was stated that she was in isolated (at least some of the time). I hope she was not with other victims, given that LE has not made any arrests and we've not heard of any other victims being rescued. JMO

Just reading through everything that's been gone through over and over with no new info ....but has anyone entertained the thought, or has it been ruled out, that SP might not have been in captivity alone?

I just keep thinking, not all criminals are smart. Some might be crafty, but maybe we've been giving them too much credit for what might be just pure dumb luck at not being caught yet. I keep hoping what's been held back by LE holds the key to solving this crime.

Jmhoo

That is very interesting, and could well answer the central mystery: how is SP still alive? I can't imagine the two kidnappers not dumping her as a team, if that was the plan. I wonder if it's 3AM, the more sympathetic captor spirits SP into the SUV while the evil captor is asleep, pushes SP out in Yolo and just keeps driving to wherever.

The Sheriff did refer to SP's abuser as a "sick person" and not persons. That makes it even more likely that one of them wasn't fully committed.

I also like the idea of the evil captor waking up to an empty house and completely freaking out.
BBM

Yes - my dau and I were discussing this scenario possibility earlier. I can't help but wonder if that's not what went down. If so, is the one who dropped her even still in the US? That person could be key to solving the case.

Many these days, perhaps with good reason, feel that some kidnapped people/victims, get more media and LE attention than do others.
Could that be Sherri's captors message?
That pretty, blonde haired, blue eyed females with a loving husband and family, ect. can ( and certainly in this case, did) get an overwhelming response?
Is it possible that the perps had a loved one go missing, or was murdered and they felt he or she was unfairly ignored ? If so, could that explain the cruelty shown to Sherri, especially targeting her appearance?
Could that also be why they ultimately let her go?
Pure speculation, imo.

Just to be clear, Bethel Church doesn't do snakes. Snake-handling is far out of the mainstream.

I didn't say they did, however, to me, Bethel is not mainstream. I was just saying, we can respect someone's beliefs, even though we disagree with some of the things they do, or claim, that are,(at least to me), a bit unusual. The snake folks aren't all that different except...snakes.

What significance would it make if the girls were abducted. The trafficking of the 16 year old and the other girls/women is illegal. The parents reported her missing. Are you implying that this girl was a "teen prostitute" by choice? She was a victim as were the other 20+ victims. IMO, it's this generalization that leads to many juveniles being labeled "runaways" when in reality they are "slaves." BBM

http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

I'm not implying anything, simply stating that the linked article never mentions anything about the girls involved in this sex trafficking arrest being kidnapped. The poster didn't speculate or imply kidnapping they specifically said the suspect was arrested for it, followed by 9 exclamation points.

Posting about a sex trafficking arrest and saying the suspect was kidnapping girls is obviously done to try and prop up the story that SP was taken by sex traffickers. If that wasn't the intent then why post something like that in this thread.

Thanks, I hate to nitpick but that doesn't say PAPER. It's the paper part that I had not heard before.

OT: I feel like I'm on some kind of merry-go-round I can't get off. I want to read other threads but I can't stop reading and posting to this one. Is there some kind of WS intervention for this sort of thing? :scared::shame::truce:

I saw you on another thread...I can only do one at a time.

So, just a brown "bag"? Not even sure I've read that, but it would make more sense, would stay on better.

<modsnip> They might not hold people against their will but they know how to manipulate members.

Bethel's 'signs and wonders' include angel feathers, gold dust and diamonds

McCurdy said the repetitive music, dancing, painting and excessive stimuli serve to get people worked up into an emotional frenzy where they're expecting to see miraculous things.

"They come looking for that feel-good feeling, that high, for supposed miracles, supposed signs and wonders, speaking in tongues, gold dust, diamonds, feathers. ... It seems like they're just ready for it," he said.

Once, as she ran through her house frantically searching for her journals, the baby sitter told McCurdy the anti-Christ was in her house and Jesus was in hell saving people, he said. Shortly after that, she went into a trancelike state and said she felt 20 feet tall before losing consciousness, he said. The behavior made him believe she was demon-possessed, he said.

Bud Press, director of the Christian Research Service based in North Carolina, devotes his time to researching claims made by Christians for the purpose of debunking or confirming the claims. Bethel is part of the Signs and Wonders movement, within the Word of Faith movement, he said. Aside from claims of angel feathers, people in the movement say diamonds and gold dust show up at church and in their homes, he said.

http://archive.redding.com/news/bet...dust-and-diamonds-ep-377152155-353401081.html

Silly Billy warned earlier about the religious posts. She deleted some temporarily. We need to be careful not to offend. There are a lot of people who love Bethel. I love their music. We don't need to get into theological debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member