Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something like kidnapping is not the choice of the victim. Police can charge no matter what the victim wants right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think that is right. It's up to the county/state/Feds depending on the crime. And in this case, there seems to be a lot of evidence (restraints, injuries, presumably DNA).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the first presser after her release....or maybe GMA, the Sheriff kept saying "captor", but seemed a bit hesitant. Makes me think one may have been dropped off somewhere, but had been in the car at some point.

It would be weird to be driving around alone with a woman with a paper bag on her head.

And who still uses paper bags?

Was it a paper bag? I missed that detail. Thanks.

The Thanksgiving travel period (especially the Wednesday into early Thursday) is the busiest travel period of the year. Some 45-50 million people travel (90 percent by car).

county road 17 is not busy at all at that time, once she got to the 5 many people saw her and called, I think I heard she was ultimately helped by a trucker, many many truckers at this time every day!.

During the first presser after her release....or maybe GMA, the Sheriff kept saying "captor", but seemed a bit hesitant. Makes me think one may have been dropped off somewhere, but had been in the car at some point.

It would be weird to be driving around alone with a woman with a paper bag on her head.

And who still uses paper bags?

I don't remember a paper bag being mentioned.

There's a plastic bag ban in California now so paper bags are coming back here. JMO

The ban takes effect immediately, which means grocery stores, retail stores with a pharmacy, convenience stores, food marts and liquor stores will no longer provide single-use plastic carry-out bags to customers. So, if you forget to bring your own bag to the store, be prepared to pay at least 10 cents for a recycled paper bag or reusable alternative.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article113898813.html

I think something like kidnapping is not the choice of the victim. Police can charge no matter what the victim wants right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I just read a case out of Chicago...the girl was allegedly carjacked, beaten, etc ... she said she didn't want police to continue investigation - and they said ok. Another woman was kidnapped, and didn't press charges - Kansas, maybe? I think how police proceed depends on a lot of factors.

I agree with whomever said it is probably too late in this case. JMO

I know Lake isn't here right now - but I do have a question...Does Sherri feel safe right now?

I'm not Lake16, but I've notice Lake has answered other similar questions to this about how well SP is recovering by deferring to KP and saying it's better if KP or SP release that info. I don't think Lake is comfortable commenting on Sherri's physical or psychological condition. JMO.

county road 17 is not busy at all at that time, once she got to the 5 many people saw her and called, I think I heard she was ultimately helped by a trucker, many many truckers at this time every day!.

What??? A trucker? I hate asking for sources, but please?

Just curious - are there any other instances where an anonymous donor has come forward to offer a reward for the return of a missing person? (Awards are pretty common for information leading to the safe return, but rogue donors working around the law?)

BTW -- there is a legendary Los Angeles kidnapping/murder where the father of a young girl evaded police, communicated with a kidnapper on his own, and it did not end well. Not at all.

What button? I am on a laptop and having the same issue when I PM someone. TIA

I'm not sure what it's called. It has the little black "A" and the bigger blue "A" to the left of the bold and italic buttons. First button from the left.

I'm not Lake16, but I've notice Lake has answered other similar questions to this about how well SP is recovering by deferring to KP and saying it's better if KP or SP release that info. I don't think Lake is comfortable commenting on Sherri's physical or psychological condition. JMO.

Has some kind soul consolidated all of Lake16's answers into one post so we can read all the things they've said?
It would be kind of helpful. I suppose I could be that kind soul :)

I believe the Sheriff said she was released by one abductor, not both. I suggest you take that statement literally.

I can picture a mini van, with the side door already open being used, all you would need to do is cut whatever was holding her in (as KP said they did on 20/20) and she is practically outside already

Was it a paper bag? I missed that detail. Thanks.

I asked and was told (here), it was in 20/20 interview. I can hardly see the names on my phone...so let me look for the source for the source.

I am also her size. ;) - height. I was her previous weight 7 years ago. 87 lbs for this height isn't deathly skinny, but it's pretty skinny. My mother's friend had anorexia and weighed 86lbs at 5'8. She wasn't hospitalized, but she looked like death.

Oh god! the weight thing again.I am 5 ft. and am 81-87 pounds,my mother was smaller.Some people are just skinny and have hard time gaining.Yes Sherri was slim and a little weight loss can look like a lot but not deadly.Please for my sanity and for all people weight shamed drop the weight discussion so I can continue to read here.It has been harped on longer than the daycare discussion.I am starting to take offense.

First three sentences of the “Help Find Sherri Papini” page, launched 11/4/16:

“Please Help us in Raising Money to BRING SHERRI HOME SAFE. All Funds will go directly to the Papini family and will be used for search efforts to Find Sherri and to Help bring her home Safely. Every Dollar Counts as time is critical.”

Does anyone here know how these monies were used in the search efforts to find Sherri? Were they indeed used in the early days of the search—as the “time is critical” language suggests they would be?

To ask this question is not to say that her abduction is a hoax or that she was not the victim of violence. I ask because here on WS there are literally hundreds of posts speculating about what it was that led the abductors to release her. Many of these speculations involve money, or things that money could buy. Yet no one really knows. To ask how the $49,000 that was raised was used in the search efforts is simply a way to gather facts about a variety of things that might have influenced the abductors.

Thanks.

I asked and was told (here), it was in 20/20 interview. I can hardly see the names on my phone...so let me look for the source for the source.

Dang, I deleted my 20/20 recording after watching it again earlier today. I looked for a source and found several places online that said "paper bag" but they were all blogs. The MSM seems to just say bag. I don't recall and for some reason I had been thinking it was either a plastic bag or some kind of cloth bag. No big deal I guess if it was paper but it seems like it would be harder to wave and not a good reflector for trying to get someone's attention on a dark hwy..plus paper leaves clearer fingerprints...if the perps ever handled the bag without gloves on... Doesn't seem like the best solution for covering someone's head but what do I know? Not doubting you heard paper I just like to see it in writing to be sure. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside