Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a random thing, I believe LE would have been telling local people to lock their doors, and be vigilant.

LE did tell people to be vigilant. They also have a tip line and a reward for the capture of those responsible

Why would they all of a sudden worry about being apprehended, simply b/c there was a bounty? Nobody knew who they were looking for; not until SP was let go and gave a description. In fact, if t hey WERE worried about being apprehended, that's all the reason to NOT let her go, b/c, naturally, she was going to give some type of description to the police when she was let go.

IMO, whoever is behind this had NO fear of being caught. Hell; they let her go on a busy highway where anyone could have seen them.

She was not released on a busy highway.

She was released on a Yolo highway, where she tried to flag down many passing motorists,only one of whom stopped for her.

Again, no. She was released on a county road. Near I5. And then she walked to I5.

Papini’s road to freedom off the beaten path

I think Sherri would have rightfully and understandably said whatever she had to in order to stay alive and to have any chance of being released.

I don't believe she would have lied to LE about her abductors afterwards, because from everything I've read and seen, the Papinis clearly want them brought to justice.

I also don't think LE would have released even the minimal descriptions they have if they had any doubt at all Sherri wasn't being honest with them about her abductors for any reason, including fear of reprisal.

I'm also willing to bet SP has been able to give LE a great deal more information about her abductors and where she was kept than what we've heard.

Totally agree with your post above. I am simply observing all of the posts at this time. I really think this was a crime of opportunity. Praying for Sherri - an awful thing to go through :(

The purpose of LE questioning and getting answers from CG would be to arrest and prosecute the abductors of SP.

Its probably a mute point until LE finds out if he even knows or had any contact with the abductors. He may not have had any contact at all with them for all we know.

I see it as a possible angle LE could use to get the abductors arrested. Having potential legal trouble over his head may be enough incentive to get CG to tell the truth and possibly get the abductors identified and arrested if he knows who they are.

Would LE even be able to do this if what CG did was legal, or could his lawyers have found a way to cover him? I just don't see how LE could do that, if CG is covered legally.

If not, then yeah, that would be a good angle for them to take.

She was not released on a busy highway.

Again, no. She was released on a county road. Near I5. And then she walked to I5.

Papini’s road to freedom off the beaten path

[FONT=&quot]Sherri Papini, the kidnapped mother from the Redding area, was found at approximately 4:30 a.m. near the town of Yolo, north of Woodland. She flagged down a driver on Interstate 5, at County Road 17.[/FONT]

In any case, if they were really afraid of CG's bounty, I would think that they wouldn't choose Interstate 5 OR County Road 17; it it were me, I'd drop her off on a deserted path, behind an abandoned building or somewhere else where there are likely to be no passing motorists with headlights shining right at me.

S
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117110028.html#storylink=cpy

This has been my thoughts exactly!!!

I would also like to know what's going on. From what LE has told us, there are two armed and dangerous women on the loose, who torture others. It doesn't make any sense to me that there is no alarm over this.

I would like to read that, please link, thanks!

I do remember Lake16, the verified insider mentioned one dropped her off also. Maybe one had some remorse and a promise or threat will keep the perps real identities secret. My opinion only, but if I was SP and I wanted to survive and see my kids I would make that promise or believe that threat and I would never say anything that led to the kidnappers. Having my kids and life back would far out way any charges against anyone. But again, that's just my opinion [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In too many cases just like this one I find myself wanting to have hope and faith in LE to get to the bottom of things. And yet they remain unsolved day after day.

I sure hope LE can solve this one but with each passing day I am losing hope that we are ever going to see the abductors arrested.

In this case especially I have to wonder why that would be. It sure seems like this one is solvable if you had all the tools that LE has at their disposal.

It's a heavy weight to worry that a kidnapper could back and try to harm her family. I would imagine that if they were not caught, a person would spend the rest of their life in fear of the day they came back to finish the job. You can't move far away enough to never be found ,especially in today's connected world. I am hoping sketches are produced-even the Unabomber had a vague sketch.

If it was a random thing, I believe LE would have been telling local people to lock their doors, and be vigilant.

LE did tell people to be vigilant. They also have a tip line and a reward for the capture of those responsible

I believe that people should always lock their doors these days along with being vigilant.

The only times I recall LE telling residents where I live to "stay inside and lock your doors" is when an armed criminal is on the loose and they are actively looking for him. It's usually an announcement from a police helicopter flying over head. JMO

This guy approaches me as im at my car and im taking the ice scraper and scraping my windows. He grabs my arm and he's like you should come with me I have a truck and I'll give you a ride home in this weather. I was like hell no, I'm good but thank you. He is in my personal space and persists like, you'll never make it home safe let me take you. I say no my boyfriend is at home waiting for me and I'm fine. He grabs my arm again hard and is like come with me now, keep in mind we are in broad daylight in a open mall type of environment and I've been on websleuths long enough that I started hollering, NO I'm fine, I can get home fine, back off!! And then I yelled STOP, enough that some people came out as he was walking quickly away. I'm not sure if he was just some tipsy dude coming out of the pub or if he was an actual predator but it felt really icky.
<snip>

WOW so glad you are safe. Definitely report this to the police. I remember walking home from school when I was about 9 in East Detroit, MI when a van stopped in wrong side of the road to ask me to come to him and did I need a ride. Even at age 9, it scared me and I ran all the way home to tell my mom and not too long after we moved. Another time I was 11 or 12 and a guy got into our apt while my sitter was asleep on the couch. He came into my room I shared with my mom. She was a bartender at Detroit City way back. He sat on the bed and kept opening the curtains asking when she was coming home and where was she. He even had a alcoholic drink he made. He made a particular lisp often during his talking to me. I was scared shitless. Finally he left and said for me to tell my mom a friend stopped by. I told her this in the morning and I was quickly whisked to my mom's girlfriend's house. My mom was very pretty and had guy after guy. She also married 7 times. I moved alot. That's another story. Even though that was all that happened, I was TERRIFIED. I can't imagine what Sherri is going through - so sorry for her.

I do remember Lake16, the verified insider mentioned one dropped her off also. Maybe one had some remorse and a promise or threat will keep the perps real identities secret. My opinion only, but if I was SP and I wanted to survive and see my kids I would make that promise or believe that threat and I would never say anything that led to the kidnappers. Having my kids and life back would far out way any charges against anyone. But again, that's just my opinion [emoji3][emoji3]

I may do the same thing too. Which brings up a possible reason why the abductors may never get caught.

Which brings up another legal question that I have no idea about. LOL
I probably should have gone into law. LOL

Does LE need the abductee to agree to press charges if LE know who the abductor is but the abductee does not want to press charges?

Lake16, the VI stated today that only one perp dropped her off. Sorry, I don't know the post#.

This came out November 29...so apparently only news to some of us

I hear and understand that thought process. However, if the perps are never found, then SP and her family will always be paranoid and live in fear. Once they are caught, I would think that fear goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZukoHere