Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that doesn't fit at all with the witness that said "long" blonde hair

Because of the paradigm. If it comes on the news that the person who has just been found is the woman who has been missing with long blonde hair and that is the person you saw along the highway - well, then, she had long blonde hair.

If you see and Ace of Hearts, you see RED, even if it isn't. That's how our minds work.

I read that KP said "all over" but I wondered if that was just reporters adlibbing and creating fake reporting. Can someone kindly fill me in on this with a quickie? Pretty please.

I believe he said burns and bruises all over her body.

Because of the paradigm. If it comes on the news that the person who has just been found is the woman who has been missing with long blonde hair and that is the person you saw along the highway - well, then, she had long blonde hair.

If you see and Ace of Hearts, you see RED, even if it isn't. That's how our minds work.

She had obviously already called the sighting in before it became news she was found

That's the witness that was driving on I-5 at highway speed in the dark if I remember correctly. Maybe she was mistaken. JMO

Or maybe it was chopped in a way that some still appeared long. She also said she looked panicked....did the witness say whether or not she slowed down when she first saw her up ahead?

Long blonde hair would be easier to spot from a distance, IMO

Could this case be connected to Tera Smith's disappearance? Could it be that someone who knew both of them was obsessed with them and continued to be obsessed with SP for all of these years? I know this doesn't explain why SP was released and why TS wasn't. I also know this doesn't explain why two women took her. I'm just trying to see whether there is any connection between the two cases. They seem to bear a resemblance.

Terry tells PEOPLE that the night she disappeared, Tera had plans to meet with her married 29-year-old martial arts instructor and romantic interest, Charles Troy Zink, to end their relationship.

Zink had previously pleaded guilty to a felony rape charge in the early ’90s and served 300 days in jail, according to The Redding Herald Record.

Terry believes that by Tera breaking it off, Zink “saw this could go bad for him, and I think he killed her and disposed of the body.”

“This guy is a menace, a screwed-up guy,” Terry says.

He says he based his assumption about the planned breakup on Tera’s diaries and an unmailed letter found in her room after her disappearance.

“She tells him in the letter she knows she made a huge mistake, she never should have gotten involved with him, that she didn’t want to leave this life and hang her head in shame,” Terry says. “This letter was never delivered, and rather than give him the letter we believe she wanted to confront him in person to break it off.”

When Tera didn’t show up for work at 6 p.m. that August night, Terry and other family members went looking for her.

Terry says he was told during the search, by one of Tera’s friends, that his daughter was romantically involved with Zink. That night, he went to Zink’s house.

Terry says Zink wasn’t there, and he didn’t show up until 11:30 p.m. “Zink is an avid four-wheeler guy, he knows the back roads. He had five and a half hours to get rid of the evidence, and he’s been smart enough to keep his mouth shut,” Terry says.

Zink has denied involvement in Tera’s disappearance, according to The Redding Record Searchlight. But Sheriff Bosenko says he remains a person of interest, and the investigation is still open. “He refused to cooperate with investigators at the time,” Bosenko says.

Zink told Terry (and reportedly told authorities) that he picked up Tera near her home after she called him at work to borrow $2,000.

“He claims she was upset when he didn’t have it and drove her to a spot three miles from our house, dropped her off at a busy intersection, and then drove to Hang Glider Hill [a brushy hilltop] and prayed for five hours,” Terry says.

But he notes that of the thousands of tips called in after Tera disappeared, not one person saw her on the busy road.

Authorities discovered that in the days after Tera’s disappearance, the tires on Zink’s vehicle, a Ford truck, had been replaced with ones in worse condition and the truck had been thoroughly cleaned, according to the Record Searchlight.

http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-tera-smith-1998-disappearance-redding/

I do. I think that Sherri may have knowledge about what happened to her.
MOO

Tera's father said that Sherri was friends with his daughters. Another post I read says SP'sister was on Tera's class and another one mentioned Keith's sister as Tera's best friend. Don't ask for the links, they vanished from the SM cleanup; some posts from the FindSherri FB page and others from Redding Crime 2.0.

Both blonde, missing while out jogging
* (Tera's allegedly met with her married Martial Arts guy) no info is jogging before of after

Old Oregon Trail intersection was mentioned in both cases

Keith & Sherri's house is nearby OOT
Incidentally that's Keith's childhood house

Keith visited Tera's dad while Sherri was missing. Among other things he asked how to deal with LE.

Tera's dad was concerned because Keith sounded hopeful but extremely CONFIDENT of finding Sherri.

Yellow ribbons: TSmith's supporters worn yellow ribbons as a sign of support
to the court sentencing hearing of Troy. (not related to her missing/demise)
Yellow balloons release and yellow ribbons on profile for Sherri

Could this case be connected to Tera Smith's disappearance? Could it be that someone who knew both of them was obsessed with them and continued to be obsessed with SP for all of these years? I know this doesn't explain why SP was released and why TS wasn't. I also know this doesn't explain why two women took her. I'm just trying to see whether there is any connection between the two cases. They seem to bear a resemblance.

I do believe LE looked into this. Sheriff Bosenko talked about it in one of the press conferences. He said they believe they are unrelated. Though the sheriff didn't specifically mention the Tera Smith case. He was a little more vague, but that's when rumors were flying about the two cases. JMO.

Couple things:

1. KP says he could feel the rise of the scabs under his fingers. That would seem to imply the branding is likely on her back/shoulders area

2. He says her hair was chopped off when he first saw her. Is it possible it was cut at the hospital. Maybe her hair was burnt?

3. Anybody see a source that said SP knew Tera Smith? As in, didn't just go to school with her, but knew her. Anybody see it mentioned that SP's sister and Tera Smith auditioned for the same role in a play in the 5th grade? I read it. But can no longer find the source.

Do you all think the lack of urgency by LE to locate these two Hispanic women is partly because they think SP is not being entirely truthful on their descriptions/who they are in fear for her life? This would mean she was released on condition of not revealing to LE who her abductors were.

No. I think they are investigating it, just like they would any crime.

I'm not pushing sex trafficking, however I find it plausible for multiple reasons:

1. Trafficking has been mentioned by several people close to the case including a PI the family hired and a Verified Insider here.

2. Trafficking has been pointed out as being more common in the area where SP was taken/released and experts have said I-5 is a busy ST corridor. Multiple articles have been posted in these threads with examples of traffickers in the area and the stats of the crime in those areas.

3. The things done to SP during her captivity-- branding, beatings, chained, and hair cut-- fit with things traffickers do to break their victims.

4. There are "sensitive" things the sheriff is holding back. I can think of a lot of things they may be holding back on but the top of my list would be that there was rape involved. The Verified Insider here said if we could know the extent of what SP went through most would find her even more courageous. We know she was beaten, branded, chained, starved and tortured. There is only one thing worse that I can think of that a woman would be subjected to that would not involve life threatening injuries--and that is rape. I don't wish to know if SP was raped but I cannot rule it out in my mind. That is a main reason women are abducted- whether it was by a ST ring or by a random sicko. JMO.

In short, I see slightly more evidence that points to trafficking than to other theories. I will continue to keep an open mind, however, and I'm not willing to totally discount this was a targeted attack by someone obsessed with SP personally. I can see the arguments for that kind of scenario as well. I'm baffled as to why some can totally discount trafficking as a possible explanation. But I guess we all see things differently.
Maybe the intention was to keep her captive not trafficking but to kidnap her and keep her for someones sick pleasure. There has been many cases where women have disappeared and are being held like that girl in SC, for the purposes of a serial rapist under ground etc. And are missing or people think they have disappeared when really they are held captive. And maybe the branding was a diversionary tactic to make others think something else and that the reason she was let go was because she of the publicity or she legitimately was successful in getting away becaus ethey wanted to take her somewhere else. A lot of the criminal dramas are based on true stories, so anything is possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

But we don't really know if there was a profit to be had or not.

I will root for zero profit = No Sex traffic.

Which bottom line, is a great scenario.

Does anyone have a clearly stated link going over the $50,000 reward for info leading to the discovery of who took Sherri?

Couple things:

1. KP says he could feel the rise of the scabs under his fingers. That would seem to imply the branding is likely on her back/shoulders area

2. He says her hair was chopped off when he first saw her. Is it possible it was cut at the hospital. Maybe her hair was burnt?

3. Anybody see a source that said SP knew Tera Smith? As in, didn't just go to school with her, but knew her. Anybody see it mentioned that SP's sister and Tera Smith auditioned for the same role in a play in the 5th grade? I read it. But can no longer find the source.

I'd think if SP's hair was cut at the hospital due to being burned, KP wouldn't have said that her hair was chopped. He may have said that her hair was burned. JMO

She had obviously already called the sighting in before it became news she was found
To my knowledge, there is nothing published about what she told the 911 operator. Only what she later stated... which I submit was influenced by her paradigm about what she then knew about the subject.

I'm 14 pages behind but wanted to answer you before I forget, natsound.

SP is a victim of battering and starving and other crimes.

Sadly, this is true.

Have we seen any evidence that SP was abducted by two Hispanic women? Please let me know if there is actual evidence. I understand this is the narrative police are putting forth.

As far as I know we just have LE stating this is what happened and that they believe SP. I suspect we won't know about actual evidence until later.

But others on this board have speculated that police may have lied about the description of the perps.

I can't speak to that except to say I personally don't think so.

It is wise and appropriate to analyze other theories on this board, as long as we recognize TOS! If a poster wishes to go beyond TOS, we can all find another board to entertain those theories. Let's give voice to others as long as they understand the truths: SP was battered, starved, branded during in the three weeks she was missing. Who did it, and why?

I agree! :smile:

Well... that would depend upon the degree or severity of the dehydration and the underlying cause of it. We don't really know that she was dehydrated or that it was severe if she was. Either way, medics would have probably started an IV at the scene, so she would have received fluids en route to ER and probably throughout the ER stay. Based on something I've read, I'm guesstimating her time in ER to be around 6 - 8 hrs, give or take (please don't hold me to this). Initially, fluids for hydration can be infused rapidly and dehydration is fairly readily remedied. Also, dehydration is not usually considered to be a diagnosis of medical necessity using admission criteria for either inpatient care or observation. Discharge instructions: drink plenty of H2O and gatorade.

Sheriff Bosenko reported SP was in the hospital for 4-5hours. The point is she was held 3 weeks and was not dehydrated enough to stay overnight.

November 22: Christine Everson spots a woman she believes to be Sherri Papini at a rest stop in Redding, just miles away from the missing woman's home. The woman refuses to engage Everson in conversation after she approaches the dark SUV she is sitting in, the same type of car police are now looking for in the case. Everson leaves but reports her sighting to police.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...starved-brutalized-captors.html?client=safari

Is this a joke? First it was reported that this woman saw and spoke to who she thought was SP, and SP was sitting in the passenger's side of a truck that was attached to a travel trailer. She said to men were going in and out of the trailer. Now the Daily Mail reports it was a dark SUV?

One Daily mail article first said she was held in a basement but personally I think it was just another example of their shoddy reporting.
I don't believe that the DM had access to information that was not available to other news outlets, allowing them to know SP was held in a basement. I think the person who wrote the DM article just assumed it was a basement.

The author of the article, should also do some research before writing BS, like that. Houses in California do not typically have basements.

I lost 25 lbs last year from illness, getting down into the nineties. I have managed to gain back about 15 but it pretty much took the whole year, so she may have a tough time, though some of it may come back quickly if she resumes eating normally. Once I really made an effort to get some weight back, I did.

Likewise, I lost 17 pounds in two weeks due to illness. It took 18 months for me to return to a healthy weight and recover from other side effects of the weight loss and inability to eat well.

I'm glad you've recovered.[emoji18]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members