Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read about the trucker right after SP was released. That information came from the Yolo County Sheriff.

Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto told The Daily Democrat in Woodland that Papini was discovered by a passing truck driver on northbound Interstate 5 and County Road 17, near the town of Yolo, which is four miles north of Woodland.

“She had been left by the side of the freeway,” Prieto said.

“All of us were elated that she was found,” Prieto said. “This was a horrible situation that turned out positive. I don’t know what she went trhough but it was a very special moment for us.”

Prieto explained that Papini was at the side of the road when the truck driver saw her and that she was trying to get his attention.

“He pulled over and called 911, who called the CHP,” Prieto said. “The CHP was first on the scene and contacted us and then when we knew who she was we set up a crime scene.”

Shortly after and many times since, I read about Ms. Sutton, who was reportedly one of the many 911 callers that morning. She is the only one who has gone public, to the best of my knowledge. She posted on Facebook that she had seen SP and called 911; RR thanked her. She said that she saw SP, with long blonde hair, not looking hurt but looking panicked and waving what looked like a shirt. She later said that SP was very close to the road and took the risk of being hit to summon help.
--------------------------------------------------
yes, that is a source I cited as well, it was said by another poster that it was "broadly reported" and I was wondering about other sources. Thank you.

No... What the VI said was:
"Above her shoulders but that is as specific as I'll get."

That leaves it open to a lot of possibilities, but "to shoulder-length" isn't one of them.

All of it above the shoulders, or just some of it? I am leaning toward just some if it, otherwise why the specificity disclaimer?

I lost 25 lbs last year from illness, getting down into the nineties. I have managed to gain back about 15 but it pretty much took the whole year, so she may have a tough time, though some of it may come back quickly if she resumes eating normally. Once I really made an effort to get some weight back, I did.

I hope you're feeling better and better.:eek:hdear:

No details have been disclosed about that and I would say it's none of the public's business.

My exact thoughts..I was actually responding to a statement made by another poster stating no sex was involved, hence no ST...I honestly was not asking if she had been, that's private and absolutely nobody's buisness..

The 22 days actually make me lean toward it possibly being Trafficking. The victims are held captive for periods of time until they can be broken down psychologically by beatings, starving, branding, torture such as burns. They also may have hair cut, be drugged etc during the period between being a new captive and being sold and put in a brothel, street corner etc

That's all true. But time and time again, we her of 'opportunity' criminals. They may have been heading to a shelter or a bus station, and come upon a pretty petite blonde, all alone at her mailbox. Criminals are often impulsive, aggressive and shortsighted---just sayin...:wink:

IMHO, the "opportunity" criminal is someone who:

- walks past your unlocked vehicle and reaches in to snatch valuables;

- sees a garage left open accidentally, so steals a bicycle;

- spots a female in a secluded area, takes her for sexual gratification and then kills her.

I agree with you that impulse is involved. But what isn't usually involved is a lasting commitment. To take someone and keep them for three weeks is not what I would think an opportunity criminal would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if they were going there to abduct someone.
Are we talking sex traffickers still or serial killers? If sex traffickers, they aren't abducting girls from shelters and bus stations....they are looking for girls who have no place to go and they "help" them.

Serial killers fit the "crime of opportunity" profile....but, she's not been killed.

All of it above the shoulders, or just some of it? I am leaning toward just some if it, otherwise why the specificity disclaimer?

All of it above the shoulders. The disclaimer is because to say more would give us too clear a picture of her hair, and Lake doesn't feel it is his/her place to do that.

I suspect that the hair is closely cropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 22 days actually make me lean toward it possibly being Trafficking. The victims are held captive for periods of time until they can be broken down psychologically by beatings, starving, branding, torture such as burns. They also may have hair cut, be drugged etc during the period between being a new captive and being sold and put in a brothel, street corner etc

22 days, a lot of risk, captivity logistic and expenses (feeding/drug) and zero profit. Doesn't add up. At least for me. MOO

I read about the trucker right after SP was released. That information came from the Yolo County Sheriff.

Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto told The Daily Democrat in Woodland that Papini was discovered by a passing truck driver on northbound Interstate 5 and County Road 17, near the town of Yolo, which is four miles north of Woodland.

“She had been left by the side of the freeway,” Prieto said.

“All of us were elated that she was found,” Prieto said. “This was a horrible situation that turned out positive. I don’t know what she went trhough but it was a very special moment for us.”

Prieto explained that Papini was at the side of the road when the truck driver saw her and that she was trying to get his attention.

“He pulled over and called 911, who called the CHP,” Prieto said. “The CHP was first on the scene and contacted us and then when we knew who she was we set up a crime scene.”

Shortly after and many times since, I read about Ms. Sutton, who was reportedly one of the many 911 callers that morning. She is the only one who has gone public, to the best of my knowledge. She posted on Facebook that she had seen SP and called 911; RR thanked her. She said that she saw SP, with long blonde hair, not looking hurt but looking panicked and waving what looked like a shirt. She later said that SP was very close to the road and took the risk of being hit to summon help.

Links:
http://www.chicoer.com/article/NA/20161124/NEWS/161129837
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20161124/NEWS/161129932
http://people.com/crime/woman-who-c...s-papini-was-looking-panicked-and-frightened/

So the people article did not mention the truck driver, at least I did not see it.
The Democrat/AP is the source I used
The Chicoer utilized the Democrat/AP as their source.

So 2 sources out of how many??? I know there might be more but I think the point is it was NOT broadcast by ABC etc... why did they interview the lady who passed her and not the truck driver? I think these questions are relatively rhetorical.

Do we actually know that Sherri did not in fact experience rape during captivity? I know for a fact if it was me in her shoes I would not want the world knowing I had been brutally raped for 3 weeks. I would want privacy on that. Except of course giving that info to LE

I'm sure most people would want to keep that private. We shouldn't just assume she was, or wasn't sexually assaulted. We may never know the truth, unless Sherri decides to disclose that information. Which she may in the future.

Out of sympathy. Even they only had an ounce left in them.

I doubt that releasing her had anything to do with sympathy! The most likely reason whoever abducted and tortured her let her go was to save their own butt. The reason they didn't "kill her and dump her in the mountains" might be that they felt they were going to get caught, because they believed someone was onto who they were IMO.

Whomever this person or people were, they had no empathy. If they were sex traffickers, for example, they went into that heinous business in the first place because they lacked any empathy at all. Psychopaths and sociopaths see people as objects, not as humans or individuals; only as objects to use however they like, for personal gain. Objects to use and then discard, once they are no longer useful.

*Another possible reason they released her instead of killing her is because that was the plan all along.*

Are we talking sex traffickers still or serial killers? If sex traffickers, they aren't abducting girls from shelters and bus stations....they are looking for girls who have no place to go and they "help" them.

Serial killers fit the "crime of opportunity" profile....but, she's not been killed.

I have to disagree Even though they maybe staying in a shelter, they have no stability and are often estranged from any supportive family. They have no money. At least in my large metropolitan city, the bus station is a hub for all kinds of criminal activity, including drugs, prostitution and "recruitment". Runaways often run to an area known for trafficking and prostitution. Taking girls from this chaos can easily be perceived as helping them.

All this and I don't even believe this is trafficking!!!!

But we don't know if there was zero profit.

We don't, that's correct. Zero profit would be a good thing, because it would debunk the sex traffic scenario. Less trauma for SP. MOO

But we don't know if there was zero profit.

True. They could have sold her...the buyer comes to pick her up...recognized her from media and refused to take her because her face is all over the TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517