Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some other options if one wishes to abduct random girls/young women in Redding:

http://www.ncyfp.org/shasta_ilp.php

http://www.shelterlistings.org/county/ca-shasta-county.html

And the Greyhound Bus Station.

Younger, marginalized, perhaps exploited females, who might be easily lured without coercion.

Just sayin...........

That's all true. But time and time again, we her of 'opportunity' criminals. They may have been heading to a shelter or a bus station, and come upon a pretty petite blonde, all alone at her mailbox. Criminals are often impulsive, aggressive and shortsighted---just sayin...:wink:

Sleuthing as a term seems to have evolved and is used as a fairly generic term to cover a range of activities done by case followers. I personally think of sleuthing as much more specific--namely, investigative activities, using a set of facts and available evidence in a case to identify, locate and eventually apprehend the person or persons responsible. The person who located SP on Thanksgiving morning is a verified fact, reported to LE, they were interviewed. It was broadly reported that SP was found, that she had been sighted, and a call was made to 911.

please give sources for the trucker or whomever you think picked up SP

I agree except I am largely curious why they didn't kill her and bury her In the mountains. They'd never be caught because WHO would think two women took her?

Yes,who would think two women would do such a thing; which is why I do not think they would have been worried about the bounty that CG thinks is responsible for bringing Sherri home. Nobody at that point even had a description of the perps. I certainly don't think most people's minds leap straight to women as the perps when they hear of a kidnapping.

I provided the source yesterday, it was the AP and Sheriff of Yolo County.
Sometimes people just do not want to believe what they read.

Sorry, I meant any other reliable sources ....seems important.

I agree except I am largely curious why they didn't kill her and bury her In the mountains. They'd never be caught because WHO would think two women took her?

Out of sympathy. Even they only had an ounce left in them.

JMO

I'm just curious. Does anyone here think SP's abduction is related to Tera Smith's abduction? I'm not saying that I do, I'm just curious what others think.

Worth to look into. I bumped into some interesting facts.

I think we need to throw into the pool the length of SP's hair when she was found and why was she a SAHM. JMO

That's all true. But time and time again, we her of 'opportunity' criminals. They may have been heading to a shelter or a bus station, and come upon a pretty petite blonde, all alone at her mailbox. Criminals are often impulsive, aggressive and shortsighted---just sayin...:wink:

That would defeat the purpose of why they were going to the shelter or bus station, wouldn't it?

Since her hair was cut to shoulder-length, the perpetrator most likely just lopped off her ponytail. It would come out to be about shoulder-length if that's what happened. If her hair was such an important part of her identity, she would be devastated by having it forcibly cut.

It seems to me that if she was abducted for the purpose of sex trafficking, they would want to cut her hair to demoralize her, yet not hack it all off.

No... What the VI said was:
"Above her shoulders but that is as specific as I'll get."

That leaves it open to a lot of possibilities, but "to shoulder-length" isn't one of them.

I read about the trucker right after SP was released. That information came from the Yolo County Sheriff.

Yolo County Sheriff Ed Prieto told The Daily Democrat in Woodland that Papini was discovered by a passing truck driver on northbound Interstate 5 and County Road 17, near the town of Yolo, which is four miles north of Woodland.

“She had been left by the side of the freeway,” Prieto said.

“All of us were elated that she was found,” Prieto said. “This was a horrible situation that turned out positive. I don’t know what she went trhough but it was a very special moment for us.”

Prieto explained that Papini was at the side of the road when the truck driver saw her and that she was trying to get his attention.

“He pulled over and called 911, who called the CHP,” Prieto said. “The CHP was first on the scene and contacted us and then when we knew who she was we set up a crime scene.”

Shortly after and many times since, I read about Ms. Sutton, who was reportedly one of the many 911 callers that morning. She is the only one who has gone public, to the best of my knowledge. She posted on Facebook that she had seen SP and called 911; RR thanked her. She said that she saw SP, with long blonde hair, not looking hurt but looking panicked and waving what looked like a shirt. She later said that SP was very close to the road and took the risk of being hit to summon help.

Links:
http://www.chicoer.com/article/NA/20161124/NEWS/161129837
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20161124/NEWS/161129932
http://people.com/crime/woman-who-c...s-papini-was-looking-panicked-and-frightened/

I was thinking what it must be like to have to gain weight back. I was eating an overly generous helping of mac 'n cheese (don't judge) thinking I could probably gain 13 lbs in about 2 weeks or less and not because I wanted to, but SP being so svelte will probably have to work at it longer than I would to get back to her goal weight.

I lost 25 lbs last year from illness, getting down into the nineties. I have managed to gain back about 15 but it pretty much took the whole year, so she may have a tough time, though some of it may come back quickly if she resumes eating normally. Once I really made an effort to get some weight back, I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517