Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
November 22: Christine Everson spots a woman she believes to be Sherri Papini at a rest stop in Redding, just miles away from the missing woman's home. The woman refuses to engage Everson in conversation after she approaches the dark SUV she is sitting in, the same type of car police are now looking for in the case. Everson leaves but reports her sighting to police.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...starved-brutalized-captors.html?client=safari

Is this a joke? First it was reported that this woman saw and spoke to who she thought was SP, and SP was sitting in the passenger's side of a truck that was attached to a travel trailer. She said to men were going in and out of the trailer. Now the Daily Mail reports it was a dark SUV?

The rest stop sighting was proven to not be Sherri.

I'd think if SP's hair was cut at the hospital due to being burned, KP wouldn't have said that her hair was chopped. He may have said that her hair was burned. JMO

But he was describing her condition when he first saw her. Also, we know he is not allowed to give all the details.

Or maybe it was chopped in a way that some still appeared long. She also said she looked panicked....did the witness say whether or not she slowed down when she first saw her up ahead?

Long blonde hair would be easier to spot from a distance, IMO

Maybe. Don't know if she slowed down.

Eyewitness's get things wrong all of the time. That's why I give circumstantial evidence more weight than eyewitness (direct evidence) at trial. JMO

I will root for zero profit = No Sex traffic.

Which bottom line, is a great scenario.

Who took her that would go through with the risk, the expense (feeeding, chains, branding/tattoo, drugs(?), somewhere to hide her for three weeks?

I'm really not sure if that's the case. I may be wrong, but I always thought that LE doesn't disclose if a victim was raped when the victim's identity is known.

You could be right but with this much publicity it would be hard to hide a rape charge(s) from the public unless the Judge seals the indictment.

Did you know that Best Buy in Redding is right across the road from Project Taken's offices? (both are on Hilltop Drive).

How weird is that coincidence?

I would think if they didn't want to feed her with any regularity, they wouldn't want to drug her regularly either. Whether it was time or financial constraints or just an inconvenience.

If they inflicted all of this pain on her to break her down or torture her, I can't imagine drugging her to help numb that pain in any way. So unless they were with her 24/7 for 22 days and could schedule beatings and drugging so they didn't coincide with each other, it just doesn't make much sense to me. Some drugs are pretty cheap, but so are hamburgers from a fast food joint. Both seem like a waste of money to me and these abductors don't seem particularly compassionate.

Okay this may be far fetched but has anyone thought that possibly SP knew her abductors didn't want her to die/kill her, so she went on a hunger strike to make them react in a desperate manner by releasing her? I don't recall reading anything in MSM that she lost weight due to her not being fed (although assumed, I know I know). JMO used to get everyone's gears going .....

Really? I'm curious what makes you say so?
Because KP went to Tera's father 5 days after SP disappeared.

"The similarities prompted Keith Papini to reach out to Tera Smith’s father, Terry Smith, a few days after Sherri Papini went missing. Smith said Keith Papini asked for his advice."

"Koester, Sherri Papini’s sister, also knew Smith, and the teen’s disappearance has been on her mind."

“For them to be so closely related in that we all went to high school with them, and they look like each other, it’s all very strange,” she said."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sacbee.relaymedia.com/amp/news/local/article114313103.html

I believe he said burns and bruises all over her body.

Here is an excerpt from Keith's statement:

from the GMA exclusive:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-husband-sherri-papini-speaks-familys-ordeal/story?id=43840659

The officers warned me to brace myself. My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.

Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multicolored bruises, severe burns, red rashes and chain markings. Her signature long blond hair had been chopped off. She has been branded, and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands. Sherri was taken from us for 22 days and suffered incredibly through both intense physical agony and severe mental torture. My reaction was one of extreme happiness and overwhelming nausea as my eyes and hands scanned her body. I was filled with so much relief and revulsion at once. My Sherri suffered tremendously, and all the visions swirling in your heads of her appearance, I assure you, are not as graphic and gruesome as the reality.

It was stated as fact by the OP that no sex and no Trafficking were involved in this case.
I asked for a link. None was provided because these have not been ruled out

Couple things:

1. KP says he could feel the rise of the scabs under his fingers. That would seem to imply the branding is likely on her back/shoulders area

2. He says her hair was chopped off when he first saw her. Is it possible it was cut at the hospital. Maybe her hair was burnt?

3. Anybody see a source that said SP knew Tera Smith? As in, didn't just go to school with her, but knew her. Anybody see it mentioned that SP's sister and Tera Smith auditioned for the same role in a play in the 5th grade? I read it. But can no longer find the source.
BBM

No. Hospital staff would not have cut her hair.

Couple things:

1. KP says he could feel the rise of the scabs under his fingers. That would seem to imply the branding is likely on her back/shoulders area

2. He says her hair was chopped off when he first saw her. Is it possible it was cut at the hospital. Maybe her hair was burnt?

3. Anybody see a source that said SP knew Tera Smith? As in, didn't just go to school with her, but knew her. Anybody see it mentioned that SP's sister and Tera Smith auditioned for the same role in a play in the 5th grade? I read it. But can no longer find the source.

BBM.

The father said that he knew Sherri.

"Keith came over for a while on the second or third day after Sherri went missing,” Smith said. “We didn’t know him at all until this happened, but we knew Sherri through her friendship with our daughters."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...idnapping-similar-abduction-ex-classmate/amp/

Did you know that Best Buy in Redding is right across the road from Project Taken's offices? (both are on Hilltop Drive).

It's weird to me PT even HAS an office.

But yes, the coincidence is weird too.

KP works in that field of work as well. Installing home theaters.
I wonder if Project Taken has a "media" room.

This is my theory (so far) ...

There were ST recruiters in the area. Someone took note that SP jogs and by herself. They were out that morning, and saw her again. They decided this was the right time to stop. They asked her for directions (being 2 females); SP assisted them. Then a weapon was pulled which then they demanded her to put the phone down and get in the vehicle. The reason her hair was caught in it is because she took it off quickly. I have fine, blonde hair and it tends to get caught into everything.
She put in down slowly; hence the earbuds neatly in a bundle, trying to buy time in case someone else came by while this was all taking place.
They abducted her, kept her, tortured her, just to realize this was mistake due to publicity, so they decided to release her.

In this case she has seen more than their eyebrows and hair, and she should be able to provide more info for sketches.

Okay this may be far fetched but has anyone thought that possibly SP knew her abductors didn't want her to die/kill her, so she went on a hunger strike to make them react in a desperate manner by releasing her? I don't recall reading anything in MSM that she lost weight due to her not being fed (although assumed, I know I know). JMO used to get everyone's gears going .....

Based on how they tortured her, I can imagine that depriving her of food was part of the torture. It could also be that she just didn't have an appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theonce-ler