Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooooo. The page that was set up as "Help Find Sp" changed last night to " Help Find Nor-Cal Alliance for the Missing". This was the group created and then shut down when she was found. Not the other groups that exist out there for theory discussions. It was the one allowable to be posted here.
Since I was a member, it alerted me a few hours ago that it changed names. All the content is deleted, the picture is changed to a new logo, and mentions nothing of SP. When I go to their actual website, which a few hours ago had SP's missing person flyer on it, it is now gone. Links to the actual NorCal page are there.

Changed page: that used to be Help Find SP:
https://www.facebook.com/NorCalAllianceForTheMissing1/

Which links to this actual website:
http://www.nor-calallianceforthemissing.org/

Which is not the same facebooksite as the original that has been around named "Norcal Alliance for the Missing".
https://www.facebook.com/norcalallianceforthemissing/

Yet both link to the same actual website outside of Facebook.

????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One page has 18,000 thousand followers and the other has 4000. Looks like the converted over to the page that has the most influence.

<modsnip>
I think most of us know the background on this phone call. The report was misleading, and as far as I am concerned.

Taking advantage of somebody who answered the phone who was not in a position to speak to it ..who was flustered perhaps..and said the wrong thing and then it was printed. Imho.

I myself, fault the media person for doing it after I read the follow-ups on it. Imho.

It was tabloid journalism for what many thought was mainstream media imho

Not sure what is meant by, " a score that SP and KP weren't aware of." Possibly a score with a family member?
That's how I take it. That it is another family member that the message is for, which is something I also have been mulling. Actually, no theory works completely for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The optimal way to really get into this whole 'sleuthing thing' is to join your local LE agency or get yourself into the FBI, go through training, have access to the various LE and crime databases, and work as a professional in the field. Become a licensed PI and you'll be able to interview witnesses if they consent to talk to you. It's a calling for sure, and a commitment, and it's the most direct path to getting up close to work a case.

Otherwise, trying to make sense out of media articles and arguing the meaning of the wording of one reporter vs another reporter, who are interpreting what they heard from someone who is not a 1st or even 2nd degree witness, creates an endless loop of chasing one's tail (IMO).

BBM

The report was not false.

There are ways to verify what you see in media articles, if you're unsure. Anyone here can do it. I challenge any of you to send an email, pick up the phone, and take your sleuthing one step further by independently verifying things yourself.

BBM - Per the sheriff, the report was false.

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko is disputing a Huffington Post story posted late Friday that cites an unnamed source in his department as saying a hoax is not being "ruled out" in Sherri Papini's kidnapping investigation.
http://archive.redding.com/news/local/Shasta-County-Sheriff-disputes-hoax-story-404372706.html

In addition, Tricia included the following in the opening post of this thread:

WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

Thanks.

One page has 18,000 thousand followers and the other has 4000. Looks like the converted over to the page that has the most influence.

So an organization would take over a family's page instead of redirecting people to their own? The page they have has many postings on it for many people on the area. Now they have two pages for the same purpose? Just seemed a bit odd to me they would repurpose s page when they already have their official page.

So an organization would take over a family's page instead of redirecting people to their own? The page they have has many postings on it for many people on the area. Now they have two pages for the same purpose? Just seemed a bit odd to me they would repurpose s page when they already have their official page.

It is a little odd. But that is what they did apparently.

Good thing is that now they have bigger audience in getting the word out on other missing persons.

I find it very interesting that story supposedly happened in Modesto, but the only news stories about it appeared in LA news media. Best as I can tell they were not kidnapped. They were day laborers, who went voluntarily. It sounds like a labor dispute.
The brothers were from Modesto; they were held captive in Calaveras County 60 miles north. Here's a link to a Sacramento newspaper article: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/article103356392.html
"Two women were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and enslaving four brothers from Modesto by forcing them to work in a remote marijuana-growing site in Calaveras County, the Sheriff’s Office announced..."

I left it purposely vague. Yes, SP and KP might not be aware that a family member had crossed a line and incurred someone's wrath. Or it could be further removed...someone may hate the way KP installed his home theatre. :) Just kidding, but you never know what some people get enraged about. I was just illustrating how a suspect might not be known to SP and KP and LE in response to a post that asserted that a suspect would be known if a score was being settled.

I guess if I had to pick one motive from wfgodot's list it would be 03 "settling a score," but there are still things that don't make sense to me for that motive to work. But it comes the closest.

Our VI also stated that SP was not aware of the motive. LE says the same (although I'm not sure I believe that). So I too wonder if the motive was a message to a family member.

Good grief. Is this actually a thing?? People hire someone to kidnap them, because it's exciting to be kidnapped??

ETA: after a little googling I've only found one company that does this. And jmo, but I doubt many people have actually hired them. So it's not like it's a popular thing, just one guy with a faddy idea. Jmo.

He's been in business over ten years, and just sold the business to a new fella who is taking it to reality t.v. I don't know that I'd call it a fad. Adrenaline junkies seem drawn to it. Seems to be hanging around.

Bosenko also told KRCR that Sherri and her husband, Keith, have been very cooperative with investigators and that his department has no reason to doubt that she was kidnapped, beaten and tortured. He said that his investigators are in almost daily contact with the Papini's and that everyone wants the same thing, for this case to be solved as soon as possible.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 06:49 PM PST
Updated: Dec 14, 2016 08:26 PM PST

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...aid-papini-case-still-high-priority/212230817

BBM
If there happened to be any life insurance polices, and I could somehow get a look at them, I might could venture a guess. :thinking:

I'm not sure what you're saying?? Whose life insurance policy are you referring to?

It's hard for me to go with the "send a message" theory because the message
a. Involved great risk.
b. Relies on trust that SP won't point to the abductors even after promising not to, or relies on trust the person the message is for won't figure it out and share everything they know to LE to Capture the perp.
c. Involves a monetary reward for the family (people tend to gofund me over everything- why would someone angry enough to send a message want the P family to garner national support and a fund? A beautiful blond mom is exactly what the media and the nation would cling to) Even though normal people don't see this as a positive, I would think an angry kidnapper would not enjoy seeing the P Family getting such emotional and financial support. They would see it as profiting from their "bad."
MOO

I don't think the purpose of her abduction was to send a message. Could it be that SP's captors got so angry about the media coverage or something else, that they then decided to brand a message onto her body? Or the message had to do with sex trafficking. JMO

This page was not set up by the family. NorCal Alliance ran this page. The day SP was released they posted a status that did not sit well with RR3, he made it known, and it was deleted. They decided shortly after to shut down the page.

And according to KP, the entire family had a hug fest/snuggle fest inside the hospital when they were reunited. Didn't KP also say they all fell to the floor, or went to the floor somehow?

IIRC, the entire family was not at the hospital. SP wasn't reunited with her children until a few days later, I THINK.

I don't think the purpose of her abduction was to send a message. Could it be that SP's captors got so angry about the media coverage or something else, that they then decided to brand a message onto her body? Or the message had to do with sex trafficking. JMO

The best clue is the branding imo. Information about the method and situation she was in when they branded her would be great info. Can someone explain the branding that has details?

Who (suspect) would brand? You could eliminate people from branding if it is something they have had no experience or concept of.

This page was not set up by the family. NorCal Alliance ran this page. The day SP was released they posted a status that did not sit well with RR3, he made it known, and it was deleted.......

Oh yeah....him again.

:thinking:

I read a few posts curious why the head phones were found neatly on the ground. My initial thought went toward, if someone grabs you forcibly, your first countermeasure is to go as low to the ground as possible bending the knees or splaying the legs sideways to get out from a hold from the top and is also a seemingly innate response to being grabbed. People react that way when held and tickled: their response is to go down. As she struggled bending the knees and legs dropping the head phone unit which was already neatly wrapped,( as many do when jogging and not using it), dropped it from a low position.

It is harder to drag a body once the person is low positioned on the ground fighting.

If the scene was to be stage, I believe the head phones/phone would be thrown and damaged to some extent imo.

This page was not set up by the family. NorCal Alliance ran this page. The day SP was released they posted a status that did not sit well with RR3, he made it known, and it was deleted. They decided shortly after to shut down the page.

Yes I see and recall that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads