MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I doubt IG would want to set this type of monetary precedent. A lot of crap has been happening there in recent years. It's a huge complex. And it won't be long until someone else goes missing. I don't oppose the theory the identical amounts from IG And MetLife may have been funded by a 3rd source.

Agree.

Simple costco security cameras would have shown anyone parking her car or atleast her leaving and going to another car.

So why charge extra fees or offer extra 50k rewards when still not putting 10 cameras around the property?

Or even several cameras at the entry and exit spots of the complex?

ESPECIALLY SINCE IT WOULD NOT COST 50K TO DO SO,

So imo. IG really doesn't care about Danielle nor other residents. Jmo

Especially if they still haven't rectified the problem of no security cameras being put on site as of now while acting like they will pay 50k to help?

So they either feel guilty or they are trying to act like they care while still collecting rent for the complex that is not safe at all. Jmo.

I do no this know of many apt complexes with surveillance cameras.

I do no this know of many apt complexes with surveillance cameras.

The sad part is every complex has to tack home rental or owner assurance to cover cost such as sewage or landscaping or basic maintenance and other things.

So why not charge a extra 50 dollars a month per tenant for cameras and security?

Especially if they act like they turned a complex from ghetto activities to middle class living?

Ok we have to assume everyone is being truthful.
When a crime has been committed the truth is seldom told.

I think I may be on to something.

1. Why did DS call her friend late in the day to make plans to sleep over when it has been said (by her mother) she did so just about every weekend.

2. And why did she ask to leave early THAT particular Friday when her routine was the same as it was nearly every Friday--sleeping at a friend's house.

An explanation could be that she initiallyhad other plans that were more important than staying at her friends house .
And when those "other" plans were thwarted (either by, or not be her) she was emotionally driven to leave work. And talk to someone.
A lot of us have read about what this particular friend's husband was like. My guess, DS could tell THAT friend "anything" and still feel accepted.
No doubt THAT friend would tell the police everything she knows.

The sad part is every complex has to tack home rental or owner assurance to cover cost such as sewage or landscaping or basic maintenance and other things.

So why not charge a extra 50 dollars a month per tenant for cameras and security?

Especially if they act like they turned a complex from ghetto activities to middle class living?

A lot of it is privacy issues. I'm sure

I think I may be on to something.

1. Why did DS call her friend late in the day to make plans to sleep over when it has been said (by her mother) she did so just about every weekend.

2. And why did she ask to lave early THAT day when her routine was the same as it was nearly every Friday--sleeping at a friend's house.

An explanation could be that she initiallyhad other plans that were more important than staying at her friends house .
And when those "other" plans were thwarted (either by, or not be her) she was emotionally driven to leave work. And talk to someone.
A lot of us have read about what this particular friend's husband was like. My guess, DS could tell THAT friend "anything" and still feel accepted.
No doubt THAT friend would tell the police everything she knows.

Agree.

I think that as well.

Was this going to be a double date thing for the night?

Or just 2 women making a meal while sipping wine and talking politics?

A lot of it is privacy issues. I'm sure

Privacy?

Did the complex advertise staying here for privacy with 1000 other folks while forgetting to mention the previous bad activities that use to take place there before they cleaned it up without the need of cameras and security?

While charging more for rent?

Agree.

I think that as well.

Was this going to be a double date thing for the night?

Or just 2 women making a meal while sipping wine and talking politics?

I'm more inclined to think DS may've been caught up in a situation that she wasn't comfortable with. Originally shed told the friend she could not sleep over. Friday afternoon something happens that causes her to do two things. Call her friend late in the day to sleep over. Ask her employer to leave. I think she left work early because she was upset. And whatever was upsetting her was waiting for her in the lot.

I've lived in apartment complexes all over Michigan. Not a single one has had security cameras. I feel safe in this apartment complex and still don't really have a reason to not feel safe. I don't think Danielle was a random incident. If she was ever at the apartment complex, which in my opinion she was, I fully believe she knew the person responsible for her disappearance which doesn't affect me or any other resident's safety. I also don't think this complex has ever been home to "ghetto activities" whatever that means. This is not a low-income apartment complex with people coming and going because they've been evicted for illegal activity. The major of people living here are professionals who enjoy living close to the freeway with a washer and dryer inside their unit and a pool onsite. There have been incidents at the complex but there have been incidents at much higher end complexes that have gated entries and cameras abound. The management is making changes, they're not just happening at the speed of light.

I'm more inclined to think DS may've been caught up in a situation that she wasn't comfortable with. At some point Friday she makes a call to cancel THOSE plans. And she's upset as hell. Then she calls the friend whom she usually spends Friday nights to let her know she'll come over. Because she is feeling upset she asks her employer to leave early. And then something related to her original plan happens...

Okay.

So stalker or boyfriend or ex boyfriend makes sense.

Privacy?

Did the complex advertise staying here for privacy with 1000 other folks while forgetting to mention the previous bad activities that use to take place there before they cleaned it up without the need of cameras and security?

While charging more for rent?
A lot of ppl don't like being watched.
Big brother and all. I think most landlords would want surveillance cameras but u can only place them in certain areas. U can't aim them at doors u can't use them to watch ppl. They will face lawsuits.

I've lived in apartment complexes all over Michigan. Not a single one has had security cameras. I feel safe in this apartment complex and still don't really have a reason to not feel safe. I don't think Danielle was a random incident. If she was ever at the apartment complex, which in my opinion she was, I fully believe she knew the person responsible for her disappearance which doesn't affect me or any other resident's safety. I also don't think this complex has ever been home to "ghetto activities" whatever that means. This is not a low-income apartment complex with people coming and going because they've been evicted for illegal activity. The major of people living here are professionals who enjoy living close to the freeway with a washer and dryer inside their unit and a pool onsite. There have been incidents at the complex but there have been incidents at much higher end complexes that have gated entries and cameras abound. The management is making changes, they're not just happening at the speed of light.

Agree

But there are thousands of women mudered or kidnapped from apartment complexes all over the U.S

But how many offered 50k without atleast adding cameras or 24hours security guards,

Missing people searches initiate where they or their car were last seen. And this was true in In the case of D.S. The initial focus, her apartment. They searched the golf course, the small nature center close by... Then the focus did a U-Turn. MetLife suddenly took over as the main venue. She was suppose to leave at 4:30PM and both her parents and police have asked the public to think if they saw her exiting around 5PM. She called her friend to say she could leave early. This doesn't sound like she had plans to sneak off to meet someone else. The crucial key in her disappearance is whatever happened in that time 4:30-5PM time frame.. It suggests she was at her place of employment for 30 minutes, not working and not leaving. The change of interest from her apartment building to her office means one thing; The cameras picked up something. Had theynot, the police would not hesitate to say the cameras saw her exiting alone. And those cameras DID see her. That's why they say with confidence, "someone must have seen that car there (telegraph road in front of Met Life) at 5PM" And that's why all focus shifted away from where her car was last seen. It won't be much longer now. We'll see an arrest

2nd post here!! I'm climbing the charts people!

This is the scenario that seems to make the most sense to me in a while.... what if:
-They have someone on camera either jumping into her car or approaching her and following her from the Metlife building prior to leaving work?

That could possibly answer the following questions for me:
- If this person looked like FG, maybe that's why LE targeted him to begin with, and if it wasn't FG, that's why there's been no arrest
-This is also why Metlife put up a reward so quickly, because they have reason to believe it stemmed from their place of business.
-That explains what SherlockJ was talking about... how Mrs. Stislicki was very confident in saying someone would have had to see her... and also when she said in the initial press conference wanting to know if anyone noticed her demeanor driving home.

A lot of ppl don't like being watched.
Big brother and all. I think most landlords would want surveillance cameras but u can only place them in certain areas. U can't aim them at doors u can't use them to watch ppl. They will face lawsuits.

So do families love living in upgraded apartment communities that doesn't have cameras or security while paying more for the sake of big brother not monitoring them while having possible sex offenders as neighbors,

Owner of Independence Green: http://www.haymancompany.com/about-us

I think the initial lack of maintenance/surveillance was simply because Hayman just recently took over management. They purchased the complex shortly before I started living there in 2014. Since then, they've been working on MAJOR upgrades to the complex that require quite a bit of money. Most of the roads/lots have been repaved and stairs into the buildings replaced. Many buildings have received new roofs. They renovated quite a bit of the units. This is a company that owns thousands of apartments and commercial space, they're not hurting for money. I think it came down to what repairs needed to be made immediately (new roofs, new pavement, renovations on outdated units) and what improvements could wait for a bit (cameras, general maintenance issues) because they have so much real estate.

This is whi Hayman is. They are one if largest in the country and ARe privately held. But the same applies about making money. Just scroll down the page and you will see icons with the kinds of real estate they invest in. It is crazy for companies like this not being concerned for people who make them profits.

http://www.haymancompany.com/

Also what they publicized when they bought IG. They did buy in 2013 from an REIT.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...yman-buys-981-unit-independence-green-complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173