IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was a complete waste of time. If they cleared someone, then that is one checkmark off the list of possible scenarios. They went there for a reason, and now they know it was a dead end.

For that matter, if the killer made his escape or approach through the private property, they could have found a lot of evidence and it would still nave nothing to do with the people who own it.

I usually don't post much on these cases anymore.But this makes me very sad. I have a daughter these girls age.I am following this story very closely.Did LE really say there was no danger to the community? I have found they usually say this when the suspect knows the victim or victims and were targeted.One or both victims.

So sad and scary indeed.
It is difficult to understand why LE would suggest there's no danger present considering they don't even know the perp's identity.

It crossed my mind that maybe he expected only one girl to show up and was surprised when he saw two girls? Still, doesn't explain why he'd kill the girls. Only it might explain why they were killed at different times if that is true and can be proven.

A map that I put together for some outside of Indiana to better understand the recent "Hoosier Heartland" talk.

attachment.php

If he did hitchhike down to Lafayette they need to post info. at any gas station, truck stop, etc. near the interstate. If a trucker picked him up, he could be anywhere by now. :moo::gaah:

My community had a window peeper who was becoming more aggressive and ringing doorbells, including mine in the wee hours. He was caught when a woman awoke to find him standing over her bed.

When I had called police because twice my doorbell had been rung in the wee hours, they came in and looked at my curtains and said I "might" want to pin them together where they weren't meeting fully. I would find out later that the police were called by my neighbor prior to that, when she saw the creep standing in front of my window. They did not bother to inform me about that, even though I'd been a target.

So, I think all this 'people can draw their own conclusions' language is similar to 'maybe pin your curtains'. If it's so obvious that caution is necessary, then say that when the question is asked, don't turn it into a riddle that serves no purpose.

I focus on his waist, a fanny pack?

That is indeed a fanny pack. About the age, the first time I saw him, I thought he was a rather out of shape and portly middle aged man around age 45. Or even older. Someone mentioned that he may have gray facial hair or a gray goatee. I agree that that is possible. I don't think there's anything wrong with his gait. He's a middle aged man who is pretty out of shape. I don't imagine he is the finest hiker.

Girls dropped off at 1 by themselves in a remote area. They did not look prepared for hiking, let alone who does such a thing?

Search called off at 6:30, with no Amber Alert. What parent could tolerate that?

Monon can be found, but it is off the beaten path.

My take: The girls were meeting someone, probably an Internet hookup

Off topic, but you'd be surprised who goes hiking unprepared. Went on vacation to the rockies early one summer. Took a gondola to the top of a mountain ( about 11,000 ft at the summit) guy got off the gondola with no backpack wearing flip flops and carrying the morning newspaper and asked the park ranger if she thought it was a good idea for him to hike down the still closed and snow covered mountain... wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

for an amber alert you have to have the person, ISP actually sent out why they didn't send out an amber alert.

Mr. Logan just said on the Ashley Banfield show, that he does not recognize th eman in the pics nor has he heard of anyone who knew him.......also, everyone is talking about it up there and comparing notes themselves..bottom line this man in the pics is very very likely not a local...IMO

I believe they have a match on the suspect because they matched the bullets to a gun coming from something close to that seen in his pocket. You people can't see his gun? Do you not shoot? Or are you blind

http://www.wthr.com/article/man-pho...ail-now-named-suspect-in-murder-of-teen-girls

That is a gun. He shot those girrls
I disagree. He may have used a gun to intimidate them into compliance, but I don't believe they were shot. Among other factors, someone would have heard the multiple shots.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

some areas they cannot issue an amber alert if they don't have a car or witness....

Some new things today. First of all, the focus on looking at individuals hitchhiking. Since no leads have officially developed from the blurry man on the bridge images, that might make sense, but there may be other evidence as well. Another is the backpack lead. One of the girls must've had a backpack. I assume it is likely Libby, since Abbie doesn't seem to be wearing one on the Snapchat pick Libby posted.

Assuming the photo has been photo shopped to hide evidence that LE wants to keep to themselves then I wonder if that white thing is a wrap around a long beard.

Im not trying to imply the suspect is that homeless fellow but ever since the beginning I could have sworn one of the photos looks like he has a beard or part of a beard and that white thing doesnt make any sense till I thought of seeing some people tie something around their beard to keep it in place.

Not sure why LE would crop that area out unless he had binoculars or something else they didnt want to give away. So the beard may have gotten cropped because of something else they were cropping.

BBM - the white goes throughout the shirt. I will try to upload an enlarged picture. There is a white abstract pattern from top to bottom.

From all the videos of the bridge, I don't buy the images of the perp came from a trail camera.

When you're walking on that bridge, you're above the tree tops. There doesn't seem to be a tree tall enough to host a camera for an image such as that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I agree with that. Somebody suggested a selfie stick held high, catching the guy walking behind them, and I think that might work, but otherwise it's hard to explain. Drone maybe? -

Just my speculation:

• This guy stalked the girls toward the southeast end of the bridge. He knew the trail ended there and that there would be significantly less chance of somebody happening upon them on that side of the creek. Maybe he passed them going the other direction and doubled back, maybe he saw them over that way from the NW side of the bridge and followed... not really sure. But I think he isolated them on that side of the creek.
  • I think a trail cam or security camera mounted near the SE end of the bridge (most likely by one of the property owners near there) is what captured the picture or video of this . I also think he appears to have his left hand in his pants pocket, but his right hand in his hoodie pocket because he is holding a weapon that would not fit in his right pants pocket.
  • Given that the property owner whose land the bodies were discovered on lived on the north side of the creek, if he stalked the girls to the SE end of the bridge, they somehow got back across to the north side. I can't imagine that this guy's plan involved entering the creek, so I can only figure that the girls crossed the creek trying to get away (it's shallow enough to walk across). This would also explain why there were quite a few LE folks searching IN the creek at that spot. You see LE vehicles parked as close as they can be to this location in the creek on both sides (cemetery to the north, gravel road near end of bridge to the south). I'm guessing this is where he caught up to them, probably just to the north side of the creek - it would be very difficult to climb the hill on the north side very quickly... it's very steep there as we saw in the video with the property owner.

That seems the most plausible scenario to me given what we know.

To speculate a little further, if he had a vehicle parked somewhere, he obviously would have taken the quickest route back to that location at that point. If he didn't have a vehicle, it seems unlikely that he would head west back toward the bridge or trail head... also seems unlikely that he would make the difficult hike up the hill to the north... also seems unlikely that he would go back across the creek toward the private residences to the south... so my guess would be, if he didn't have a vehicle, he probably followed along the creek bed or the banks to the east until he found a spot where he could get out of the area unseen.

Again, all just my speculation.

Best post yet. Thanks lecarte!!!!

Exactly, I didn't think it needed to be said but obviously some think farmer John drove his mega lift bucket truck down to the creek raised himself up 60 feet and hung a trail cam in a skinny tree branch that wouldn't be concealed at all and obviously unless you live in Beverly hills trail cams don't last in public locations.

Some prob believe though since they come in camo that nobody will see it. Lol

I'm one of those that thinks it came from a trail cam or security camera. Now, I may be 100% incorrect about that, but it would not have to be mounted the way you describe.

You can see there are plenty of trees where a camera could be mounted at a normal height toward the southeast end of the bridge, which also happens to the closest to personal residences and the direction which the suspect appears to be heading in the picture. (Start from about 7:45 in and watch til the end of the bridge.)

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890&t=7m45s[/video]

I can think of a few possible reasons they're asking for anyone who saw a hitchhiker to call. First, it might give them a better idea which way he was traveling. Next, they would want to know what he was wearing if they found a backpack with the jacket, pants and/or other clothes the buy on the bridge was wearing, and third, if nobody saw him outside town, he may have never left and they may need to search the area even more thoroughly.

attachment.php
posted from local reporter, ill watch to see if he says anything

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 8.31.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 8.31.26 PM.png
    394 KB · Views: 523
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online