IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the bridge is that long. Then they should rent atvs bikes to visitors. Wow.

Good thinkin' Dex...................ATV's and bicycles, operated by visitors unfamiliar with them, on a 900' bridge with no guardrails........................what could possibly happen ?

Sorry..sometimes when I am scrolling with my left hand I think I hit the red triangle which is so close to the edge of the page. My apologies.

ITA. Maybe this was in previous threads, so excuse me if already asked. The bridge looks tall and unsafe.

1.) Do locals regularly cross the bridge during their hikes?

2.) Did the girls only go a short distance out to get pictures for social media? Or did they cross it from one end to the other?

3.) Are there large signs on both ends that say No Crossing? Danger, etc. I think I saw a red barrier in a photo, but I can't remember about signage.

It is tall and unsafe and I believe actually illegal to cross but apparently many people do it.

There are no signs citing no crossing, at least not where we were. There are barriers at both ends. You just walk around it.

It's JMO, but this guy didn't find this place by accident and you can't know that you can actually get down to the creek by looking from the bridge. You'd have to have done it. The "path" is narrow and steep. I could see adolescent boys having no fear, I guess.

All my opinion from viewing it in person.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Please please go to YouTube and type Monon Highbridge. User is Jacob Adams. He has drone footage of bridge that is unbelievable. It also shows view from under bridge and slope. This bridge is H.U.G.E.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WOW! That abandoned railway is a huge liability (attractive nuisance).

I have not read all of the other threads, so please forgive me for a repeat. Are there any parallels to any other cases nationally? I have a feeling this man is no stranger to this.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook in 2012 in Evansdale Iowa they have a thread in the cold case section. There are some similarities but we don't know for sure yet.

I would just think of it like this - It would be quicker to just link to any existing video you might have seen that other posters haven't.......................not everyone has read all 10 threads worth of posts and bridge sections analysis.

I can honestly say this with a straight face...........I have no idea what you're referring to.

The link below may be relevant for those trying to understand apparent conflict/confusion in MSM articles about the DNA evidence. LE may have gathered evidence that *could* contain DNA from the perpetrator, but they wouldn't know for sure whether the evidence contained DNA or even whether it contained enough DNA for testing until well into the process. Then you have to consider how many potential sources of DNA were collected and the fact that these must be processed independent of each other.

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html

Thank-you! Although it's semantics;the following quote from my summary in thread #9 with link 'is a reason for hope.'

On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German were found.
Links
http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

The 'crime scene' in the paragraph takes on a slightly more encouraging tone (that likely it is the 'deviant evil murder(s).)

:cow:
Absolutely feel free to disagree.:p:pillowfight2:

Good thinkin' Dex...................ATV's and bicycles, operated by visitors unfamiliar with them, on a 900' bridge with no guardrails........................what could possibly happen ?

Natural selection.

Wow! Video is only a minute long if anyone is interested. It's huge. And high. I also can finally see which end Abby was on in the SnapChat image. Bridge is also narrow. If anyone approached they'd be in your space while passing.
Right! I'm happy you viewed it also. It blew my mind. I had no idea. The released photos with zoom are so deceivingly shorter!!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So I have read the replies which most state.. They don't want to compromise the investigation... Or they need certain tips to stay private in the case that "in the FUTURE" if the tip comes in that has specifics only perp knows..in return they'll know.

Well first I know people might not like this but this is my thoughts and everyone giving the same generic LE answer isn't providing any insight that to me makes any sense.

So we're holding back info that could "possibly" catch this person now on grounds that we don't want to compromise a investigation for the future.

Without finding this person you have no case!
We all know that as everyday that goes by he isn't caught the possibility is less likely.

And the fact that we want to hold back now so that in the FUTURE we can be sure and get the conviction? What if their is no future as in lyric and Elizabeth... How good is the age old investigative tactic worked so far for those poor girls?

We're here and now this isn't the FUTURE.
This case is not like most cases. Audio visual DNA.

This man is amongst us now, he's not on hold for the future. He's not pausing because of the future non compromised investigation.

This is NOW. Put out what you have NOW.let's use every OPPORTUNITY now.

Nobody is benefiting from potential clues that could identify this man being withheld except the murderer himself.

Give me a response that can shed this in a different light.

The narrowing down tips/future conviction isn't working for me.

Sure a tip is great in the future "if it comes in" but are you risking it all on that chance??

I'm deff new here and am not opposed to having a very flawed mindset on this idea.

IMO I feel this picture or video of the guy was coming and walking fast towards Libby?and she took this video in a few seconds? before it was knocked out of her hand or she threw it with or without him knowing.I feel IMO her cell phone was on the ground,near the bridge.Down the hill.Not too far from this encounter.

If the picture of the suspect is from Liberty's it appears she was taking photos/videos without his knowledge. Jmo

I also noticed/mentioned this in a previous thread. IMO it appears this is taken from a video and he's in the background. I think that is why its so blurry, because they took a screen cap/photo/whatever its called and then tried to enlarge it.

It is tall and unsafe and U believe act illegal to cross but apparently many people do it.

There are no signs citing no crossing, at least not where we were. There are barriers at both ends. You just walk around it.

It's JMO, but this guy didn't find this place by accident and you can't know that you can actually get down to the creek by looking from the bridge. You'd have to have done it. The "path" is narrow and steep. I could see adolescent boys having no fear, I guess.

All my opinion from viewing it in person.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Good point about boys being comfortable with the terrain and also knowledgeable of all the trails and hidden spots. When we go hiking in my DH's hometown, he goes off trail on all sorts of hard-to-see paths and over rough terrain - but even at his "dad jeans" age, he can do it like a mountain goat because he knows the land so well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the perp grew up exploring those trails.

jmopinion

Unless maybe he never saw she had it on her. Maybe in a pocket or something? IDK
Their was probably a big scuffl and it was tossed also an older guy wouldnt really bother with electronics just an opinion..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member