IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I feel this picture or video of the guy was coming fast towards Libby?and she took this video in a few seconds? before it was knocked out of her hand or she threw it with or without him knowing.I feel IMO her cell phone was on the ground,near the bridge.Down the hill.Nottoo far from this encounter.

There are two pictures of him. It appears they are in succession and the way his legs move appear like hes walking, not running.

It is tall and unsafe and U believe act illegal to cross but apparently many people do it.

There are no signs citing no crossing, at least not where we were. There are barriers at both ends. You just walk around it.

It's JMO, but this guy didn't find this place by accident and you can't know that you can actually get down to the creek by looking from the bridge. You'd have to have done it. The "path" is narrow and steep. I could see adolescent boys having no fear, I guess.

All my opinion from viewing it in person.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you for chiming in. I was hoping you would.

I'm super surprised there are no signs telling people not to cross it. I'm all about having fun in nature, but that bridge looks incredibly and I mean incredibly unsafe.

As a kid, we used to cross over from Illinois and go to Turkey Run. That park has a bridge, but as I recall it was safe and had a handrail and sides. We used to go find old covered bridges, too. But I can't recall ever seeing something like this.

Thank you.

Scroll and roll, we've been advised.

And post the kind of posts that are WS-worthy rather than responding to ones that aren't.

And, use red triangle when needed.

I'm not telling anyone how to post...sort of talking to myself I guess.

jmo

Please please go to YouTube and type Monon Highbridge. User is Jacob Adams. He has drone footage of bridge that is unbelievable. It also shows view from under bridge and slope. This bridge is H.U.G.E.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was going to say it's much bigger than the pics look. If you look at the aerial view on google maps it is WAY longer than the zoomed pics make it out to be. I would so lose my nerve walking on something like that. Maybe I would have done it as a teen though?

Unless maybe he never saw she had it on her. Maybe in a pocket or something? IDK

I dont think we know for sure he left it behind. those pics could have been accessed through her i cloud. i suppose. moo

Wow! Video is only a minute long if anyone is interested. It's huge. And high. I also can finally see which end Abby was on in the SnapChat image. Bridge is also narrow. If anyone approached they'd be in your space while passing.
I also noticed how shallow the water appeared right below bridge, including sandbars. We looked at where the SAR were in the water by the dump site, it was waist deep. I think they DID cross the creek, but right at the bottom of that hill at the end of the bridge. Bet it was less then a foot deep. Of course I'm speculating big time, so please I hope I don't get it for saying so.

Right! I'm happy you viewed it also. It blew my mind. I had no idea. The released photos with zoom are so deceivingly shorter!!!!

Agree.

SPECULATION--I can see now how he probably got in their face and quickly escalated things. There's just NO room to move if 3 people are clustered together unless you're willing to leap off the side--END SPECULATION

Their was probably a big scuffl and it was tossed also an older guy wouldnt really bother with electronics just an opinion..

How old do you think this guy is?
Like what age does a guy not understand a phone? With a camera?

We don't know where the phone is, who has it, if someone took it, if the girls threw it away

There are some drone vids on YouTube that show just how incredibly long this bridge is. And other vids showing how large the gaps between some ties are. Nothing short of a million dollars could get me to step on the first plank of that thing. No way, no how.

Very good. It helps if you put it on slow motion, though, because it's pretty jumpy and fast. It's from last March, so yes, similar to the current situation (not sure about the water levels, though, but looks similar).

Scroll and roll, we've been advised.

And post the kind of posts that are WS-worthy rather than responding to ones that aren't.

And, use red triangle when needed.

I'm not telling anyone how to post...sort of talking to myself I guess.

jmo

Great advise
My new mantra

I also noticed how shallow the water appeared right below bridge, including sandbars. We looked at where the SAR were in the water by the dump site, it was waist deep. I think they DID cross the creek, but right at the bottom of that hill at the end of the bridge. Bet it was less then a foot deep. Of course I'm speculating big time, so please I hope I don't get it for saying so.

I was wondering about that as well.

So I have read the replies which most state.. They don't want to compromise the investigation... Or they need certain tips to stay private in the case that "in the FUTURE" if the tip comes in that has specifics only perp knows..in return they'll know.

Well first I know people might not like this but this is my thoughts and everyone giving the same generic LE answer isn't providing any insight that to me makes any sense.

So we're holding back info that could "possibly" catch this person now on grounds that we don't want to compromise a investigation for the future.

Without finding this person you have no case!
We all know that as everyday that goes by he isn't caught the possibility is less likely.

And the fact that we want to hold back now so that in the FUTURE we can be sure and get the conviction? What if their is no future as in lyric and Elizabeth... How good is the age old investigative tactic worked so far for those poor girls?

We're here and now this isn't the FUTURE.
This case is not like most cases. Audio visual DNA.

This man is amongst us now, he's not on hold for the future. He's not pausing because of the future non compromised investigation.

This is NOW. Put out what you have NOW.let's use every OPPORTUNITY now.

Nobody is benefiting from potential clues that could identify this man being withheld except the murderer himself.

Give me a response that can shed this in a different light.

The narrowing down tips/future conviction isn't working for me.

Sure a tip is great in the future "if it comes in" but are you risking it all on that chance??

I'm deff new here and am not opposed to having a very flawed mindset on this idea.

I've wondered that very thing out-loud to myself many many times here on Websleuths. Exactly what good does it do to withhold information from the public in order to, "protect the integrity of the case", when the suspect is still at large and the case remains unsolved....................... sometimes for years.

Where's the integrity in that logic ?

Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook in 2012 in Evansdale Iowa they have a thread in the cold case section. There are some similarities but we don't know for sure yet.
Thank you. I'm trying to follow as best I can, kinda new.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I have looked but cannot find much in regards to the search warrant executed around 2/17, was any statement made as a result (i.e. someone/anyone cleared, etc.) ?

Actually websleuths has helped solve some crimes in the past. moo

Wasn't bridge visible from the property they were found on?

Some MSM videos from early on in the investigation show how the bridge is visible through the tree line on the east bank of Deer Creek. I'd imagine it would be much more difficult to see, when leaves are on the trees.

Edit: Visible from roughly where they were found.

Thank you. I'm trying to follow as best I can, kinda new.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

You are doing great
This one is very difficult to keep up with, even for the well seasoned

Does anyone have the link to the owner of the property where girls bodies were found. He gave an interview and mentioned he had an adult son who used to play in those woods as a child...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675