IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
For almost the entire time since I've heard of this case, I have had the feeling that it was slightly random.

Explanation: I IMO think like most, that he has done this before. So, I think he travels "ready to go". Like most, I believe he is a blue collar type worker, so he has a "kit" available to him that nobody would think otherwise. Maybe a tool chest, locked that others would think were tools.

Now, my husband a fisherman and hunter sometimes dresses like this. I say sometimes because it depends on where he is going: work, fishing, hunting ..... and so forth. Yes, the dad jeans as many have been calling them. I point this out because at first, I thought *single* because perhaps a married mans girlfriend or wife would perhaps "encourage" her boyfriend or husband to purchase a different style of jeans.

I'm not saying this to offend anyone or their SO, and I hope it doesn't. I say this somewhat playfully because having two daughters, that are just recently in their twenties, are SURE to "correct" myself or my husband, on our clothing. LOL We often laugh that if we aren't sure about what we are wearing, to "ask the girls".

So, my thoughts:

-He travels prepared, and saw the girls earlier, could even be a day or so before, if not that day and began making plans.

-My feeling for some reason is he does not live in that town, maybe he does have friends or once did, how he knows the ins and outs I have no idea, I just don't think he lives there.

-I still think single, and frequents a bar (just a feeling) maybe not a heavy drinker, but stops by for a couple beers type of guy. People know him, but not hang out type of know him. They know his name, what he does for work, but he is kind of quiet, nice guy nobody would expect.

-Maybe divorced a kid?

JMO

Back to reading.

I completely agree with your inclination, and feel the same way myself.

He has done this before, he had a kit, and was ready to go.

His prey (the girls) may have caught his attention in their previous outing or two - to the Bridge.

BBM: Were 1 or both girls at the Bridge on Saturday?

Has LE made a request for any visitors to the Bridge at any other day than Monday, February 13th?

WG

Im not so sure they know he has a duffle bag.
I thought they said that in case someone found one or saw someone discard one.

Perhaps the crime scene indicates he would've needed a change of clothes. Perhaps LE suspects he departed the park wearing different clothes than in the photo.

Total speculation. jmopinion

Ok, for those of you who have watched the bridge walk video, does it give you more thoughts/insight etc into the perp and how comfortable or not he seemed/didn't seem to be walking? For ex. with hands in pockets?

Bridge walk
[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]

OT but the comment on the Fisherman's Wharf mirrors was toooo funny. Though not for you at the time.

Someone asked why he would drive to the cemetery only to then walk into the woods. The parking for the bridge isn't what I would call a parking lot. You can fit maybe 2-3 cars there and it's right off the road right in front of a house. Someone surely would have said "I saw a red Tahoe there around 1pm" or something to that affect. The vehicle would be more hidden in the cemetery. There are only 3 areas to get onto the trail unless you park along the road. In town at Riley park, the drop off at Hoosier Heartland Highway or at the bridge trail itself. This is a picture of parking at the bridge vs parking at the back of the cemetery. I think you'll see there's no way someone would park at the bridge drop off out of fear of getting caught. IMO
f9e265e9e66950cea94d0278880ff16d.jpg
c917f679cbebdc6d57b70182cfb6b199.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checking in. Can't wait to read someday soon that the perp has been captured. I don't even try to keep up anymore. Waay too fast...

Im not so sure they know he has a duffle bag.
I thought they said that in case someone found one or saw someone discard one.
That's what I meant. Thank you for clarifying.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am with you there.

We decided to walk up the Eiffel Tower rather than wait in line for the elevators. I was very brave going up, didn't look down or out, just straight ahead. Stayed against the wall at all times on the lookout platform.

On the way down I froze and literally thought they would need to have some one come get me. I managed to get to the bottom but it was step by step, painfully slow, in tears the whole time. :notgood:

:therethere: I did the same thing in an open metal spiral staircase of a lighthouse tower. My first major panic attack .... going up was not too bad; coming down and looking down was my undoing. Like you, I did one step at a time and told hubby to "get away from me!" He wanted to hold my hand, whuch made it even worse.

Perhaps the crime scene indicates he would've needed a change of clothes. Perhaps LE suspects he departed the park wearing different clothes than in the photo.

Total speculation. jmopinion

If it was HIS duffle/backback wouldn't we have seen it in the picture Libby took?

I think the POI had done this before. He could be a loner/outcast and did this to finally like 'somebody', to feel important and for attention.

Because as we're thinking the murders happened during daylight, that in its own right is risky.

I'm wondering if the POI may be known to the girls somehow. Maybe he knew that the schools were having the day off as a 'snow day'. He could even be a teacher and had heard the girls mentioning in class about going for a walk there on the 'snow day'.

You can tell he is familiar with the area though.
I have wondered off and on if it might have been a janitor or something like that. It's amazing how many people never give them a second look even though they "see" them every day.

They may have put up a fight. The LE did call Liberty a hero. In the interview with her Grandfather he stated that she would have put up a fight.

Its pure conjecture on my part. But it seems possible.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Because of things that have been said about her, I keep picturing Libby attacking the man and trying to pull him off Abby as he's raping and/or strangling her. Sorry for not sugar coating what I'm saying, but the technical writer in me is too strong - clear, concise and complete...

I think the girl went on the bridge to take pictures, but never crossed it.
I just can't imagine them walking on that bridge, it being unsafe.
Have you seen the pic of Abby on the bridge? She appears to be about half way across the bridge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Only at night.
In the day u want to look like everyone else.
He is covered up.
Remove the layers he looks totally different.
Jmo
Ah. I was thinking about blood

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I have wondered off and on if it might have been a janitor or something like that. It's amazing how many people never give them a second look even though they "see" them every day.

Because of things that have been said about her, I keep picturing Libby attacking the man and trying to pull him off Abby as he's raping and/or strangling her. Sorry for not sugar coating what I'm saying, but the technical writer in me is too strong - clear, concise and complete...
Imo he secured each girl before any assaults took place.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hello, everyone!

I've been a reader/guest of WS for a very long time, but I've never posted. Just wanted to greet everyone. I have been following this site and others like Unsolved Mysteries, Crimesider etc for quite awhile to stay up to date on some cases. This one has really bothered me, primarily because of my children is in this age group and she has asked to go walking around our town to parks, ponds etc with a friend or two. Luckily, I have not allowed it without an adult, but ever since I heard about these girls, I have been so heartbroken for them and it's been tough to work or do other things without checking news/WS. This horrible person NEEDS to be caught!!

I don't know if this has already been discussed, but thought I'd mention it. I'm sure authorities are already checking out most online sites, but one of my good friends recently committed suicide in front of her husband after a long, sad marriage. It was really devastating and she left 3 children behind. Her husband had worked over the years as a miner, traveling salesman and a truck driver. She had confided to several people that she'd found posts on Craigslist where he was looking for either "platonic" relationships or friends with benefit situations. He'd also met people from the site after posting in the "room for rent" area. When I thought of this, I went to the site to search Delphi and of course found lots of sexual propositions. I couldn't help but consider that maybe this horrible person had posted there before or recently. Gave me chills. I was putting some clothes in the dryer a few min ago and heard a popping sound that made me jump!

I don't even know if this message will post or if it will post 1000 times because my page keeps refreshing. :(

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

Interesting throught. It kind of seems to me like a crime of opportunity. Not sure. But he could very well have tried to hook up with someone on Craig's list or whatever and it hadn't worked out...

Its worth a look but how can the person placing or answering the ad be matched with the real person?

I freaked out in a Hall of Mirrors in Fishermans Wharf and had to be rescued.

That's priceless!!

I thought they would have to get me off the tower in a stretcher.

When I got to the bottom, people came up to me and told me I was a very brave girl...I was 56 at the time...sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ