IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened. Although it's possible that this man just happened to be at that park trolling for a couple of young girls exactly at the time that they were there, but it seems like a real long shot. If they posted on twitter or Facebook that they would be there, it makes more sense.

I understand why LE wants to keep some details of the crime a secret, but with a murderer on the loose, it seems like it would be helpful for the public to know how the girls were killed and whether they were sexually assaulted- this might be helpful in the way people in the area take measures to protect themselves. Also, it might be helpful to know what kind of weapon to look for. Perhaps someone who knows them would be familiar with the fact that someone they know, who fits the description, has such a weapon.

the phone was pinging all over town then it stopped. I wonder if the girls were taken elsewhere then brought back where they were found......

Seems like a plausible theory... I wonder how secure the general bridge area was between the original search on 2/13 and the discovery on 2/14? If that is the scenario, would have been a very brazen thing for BG to do (returning to the scene etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skibaboo has a map with the cell towers. It would be interesting to Overlay those with location found after the fact.

Also, Skibs thought the nearest tower wasnt working iirc,? She's probably asleep on the other side of the pond though.

I'm still here lurking :p

Yes, I added the cell towers to the map. I didn't add the closest one I could see, just north of the cemetery as it was not marked on cellreception, the site I use to locate and identify the towers. I presume because it is not in use/not an active tower, but I can't say for certain.

You're so much nicer than me. I was insane that he said one of the parents dropped them off, didn't know times, and got the dates wrong. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge LE supporter most of the time, but how can the Captain of the information team come so unprepared?

It didn't give me a great deal of confidence.

I'm still praying for DNA and a hit.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Half of your wish has come true for you.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation is working with Indiana detectives to build a profile of the killer. Officers have not revealed how Abby and Libby were killed or whether they were sexually assaulted but have confirmed that DNA was taken from the site where their bodies were found.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/e15e255be4b0a8a15d67b507851807e3

Well said. I will go a step farther and say that I think the "enhanced" or doctored photo's can add fuel to rumors that can take this investigation way off track. LE gave us those specific photo's for a reason and it wan't for us to change the photos. JMO

I certainly did not "doctor" photographs and do not appreciate the insinuation. The cropped bottom left hand corner was from the original photo of Abigail Williams on the High Bridge.

ABBY LIBBY BRIDGE PIC.jpg

I live on a old farm with lots of land about 10acres is woodland that is my private property. I don't really ever go in there but my husband checks the area weekly for anything suspicious and he literally finds all sorts in there.
It's so secluded we have no idea who's in there and what there doing.
My point is that I think this BG monster knew that no one would be around and even if Mr logan( I think it is)was home he wouldn't have a clue what was happening on his land.
We also have 5 people who have permission to hunt in the woodland and I have people asking all the time for permission to hunt.
maybe he hunted there before and knows the lay of land. He had to know that area well to able to get away and not have anything hold him up from leaving the area because people don't just stumble upon my private property, they know it's secluded and they know how to get in and out. I'm talking about poachers and teenagers. Most people on a hike would not go on to private property and he probably knew that. JMO

Yes, this property owner's property is 40 acres, with his house close to one edge of the property. It would be impossible for him to know what is going on everywhere on his land at all times. It was a treed part where the girls were discovered, making it even more impossible.

I just find it dubious that any linguist or we armchair detectives could make a clear discernment of dialect from that short clip that has been shared. It wouldn't surprise me if LE have it narrowed down with the full audio that they have (and a linguist or team of), though.

It's possible the the linguist LE uses was allowed to hear much more of the recording. :(

I understand why LE wants to keep some details of the crime a secret, but with a murderer on the loose, it seems like it would be helpful for the public to know how the girls were killed and whether they were sexually assaulted- this might be helpful in the way people in the area take measures to protect themselves. Also, it might be helpful to know what kind of weapon to look for. Perhaps someone who knows them would be familiar with the fact that someone they know, who fits the description, has such a weapon.

I think whatever the circumstances are in this case, everyone should take extra precautions, JMO. An old msm article had a quote "what nightmares were made of, " pretty much sums up that this was a brutal heinous crime.

I am so upset about this case. This guy is pure evil. I can't believe he's getting away with it thus far. Sorry to post a nothing post, but every day I check here hoping I'm going to see a post saying "Arrest!!!!" and every day I can't believe he's still getting away with it. The abc article sounds like they don't have solid leads. They are worried tips are fading and they'll lose the large detective team. In such a small town, how is it possible no one saw this guy? Arrgh.

Same here :( Tiny Dancer by Elton John was playing in my car this morning and I just lost it! I started bawling :( and I never cry for any case. I've been extremely emotional lately hehe. But I hope that he is found soon, I want that more than anything right now.

I see the side of a bridge support. Most likely some rocks, grass, and some dirt. No cars, dogs, floating heads, people hiding behind trees etc. I know people want to see something, but drawing arrows and circles doesn't confirm anything.

About 15 threads or so back, there was a lot of really wild speculation about what lurked in the background. It got out of hand, and finally (IMO thankfully) a mod shut the thread down, cleaned it up, and told everybody not to discuss it.

Since then, there have been a few mentions, but not the frenzy that there was. I have noticed there are a couple people who bring it up every few threads.

MOO...

I think/hope that when Abby and Libby's families speak Thursday, it will be seen by the ONE person that can break this wide open...that person, be it a mom, wife, sister, gf, bf, dad, uncle, aunt, etc.....to see how heartbroken these families are with the loss of those beautiful girls and they will call/email in. I will keep this positive thought in my heart, mind and into the universe...

I haven't posted for awhile but continues to be on my mind. There are a few things that I've been mulling over, and I apologize if this has been discussed before.
The search party...those who commit the crime(s) sometimes immerse themselves into finding the body(ies).
100% MOO but I honestly believe that the BG is somebody in the community, but I'm thinking perhaps a teacher/coach/pastor, etc. Somebody who knew there were no classes. The one part I hate that my mind goes is that he has a daughter similar age to Libby and Abby.
Again, all my own opinion but wanted to write it down.

Nope....I disagree. Dennis Rader aka BTK. 10 murders, 30 years, wife, kids, neighbors, coworkers never suspected.

I think this might be the type of suspect he is. He can compartmentalize the murders separately from day to day life.

I don't know that this is fact, JMO, I just am not certain he acted differently afterward.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
"Compartmentalizing" : this is not a theory, it is actually what some people with seriously damaged personalities do. They will, in some cases, very successfully hide the Mr. Hyde part of their thinking from their family or wife/girlfriend (if they have any). They may mention it in jest or in passing, but the dedicated family member has too much riding on being part of a valid family unit or in the socially correct relationship to sit up and say "What do you really mean by that?". That family member will usually just skip on over to the next bit of conversation and laugh off the strange comments.
It's the same reason that former wives/girlfriends/mothers of SK's will resist the truth to the last - they cannot admit that they looked right past the Devil Himself and misjudged or mischaracterized someone so completely. In some cases it can mean that the family member in denial would have to admit that they had blown most or all of their judgements for most of their own lives. They have a need to validate themselves that outweighs the need to help others. Add in the guilt that a mother would feel on having raised "a monster" and you will see zero cooperation and recognition on their part, regarding the dollar rewards for information about the crime and the identification of the POI.
Both participants in this cycle do not think like we do, we who are on the outside looking in. That's why the "crazy" violence and denial baffles us.

I'm also eager to see if there will be any new information released Thursday.
I do understand where le is coming from though about keeping certain things close to the vest here. Besides the obvious reasons, they must be getting so many wild" tips" ( just think about all the people here alone that called in their" tips")

Overnight Volunteer Search
How was this organized?
With LE officially not involved overnight, could the volunteers search the anywhere?
Was there a head count of the volunteers?
Did the search volunteers check in?
Did the volunteers check out at the firehall?
I'll locate the video clip where some volunteers used ATVs to search overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milkjug