IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO...

I think/hope that when Abby and Libby's families speak Thursday, it will be seen by the ONE person that can break this wide open...that person, be it a mom, wife, sister, gf, bf, dad, uncle, aunt, etc.....to see how heartbroken these families are with the loss of those beautiful girls and they will call/email in. I will keep this positive thought in my heart, mind and into the universe...

I certainly hope so. Unfortunately, I believe there is a strong possibility this guy lives by himself, so few folks saw him if he left during the day when most were at work and he probably didn't go straight home but drove for a while.

Again, I think back to the Morgan Harrington case in Charlottesville VA where LE distributed sketch of her murderer. Co-workers of Jesse Matthews - in Charlottesville - made jokes about he looked like the murderer. (No one called it in and Matthews went on to murder Hannah Graham.) I really hope there aren't a group of workers somewhere in a plant, warehouse or on a loading dock making jokes about how their co-worker looks just like the guy in photos and not taking this seriously.

IMO, if the girls posted their plans to go to the trail that day on Facebook or Twitter, we would know. I doubt that small town would be able to keep that bit of info from reaching the public. I'm sure a lot of people in town were friends with the girls on FB. I know in my hometown if something is on Facebook, everyone knows about it if there's reason to talk about it. JMO.

Edit: I think if they did post that info, it would have been right before they went, thus not giving some random guy time to plan an attack. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a plausible theory... I wonder how secure the general bridge area was between the original search on 2/13 and the discovery on 2/14? If that is the scenario, would have been a very brazen thing for BG to do (returning to the scene etc).

Sorry to be annoying, what does BG & LE mean? Thanks.

I'm also eager to see if there will be any new information released Thursday.
I do understand where le is coming from though about keeping certain things close to the vest here. Besides the obvious reasons, they must be getting so many wild" tips" ( just think about all the people here alone that called in their" tips")

I think it will be an appeal for information and talking about the girls as people in the hope it will assist in getting someone to talk. I don't know if it's going to help if this is the case. It's just a nightmare especially for the families, the police and the community.

In the last thread, there was mention of the Wilson's Bridge being just east of the Monon.

Here is a link that gives the position of the bridge.
Of note, the bridge was painted with special colors unlike any other bridge in the US and on photo #23 it says the bridge timbers were fixed so Amish horses could cross the bridge easier.

https://bridgehunter.com/in/carroll/wilsons/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_Bridge_(Delphi,_Indiana)

Still hoping that a local will chime in with info about the Wilson Cave(s) located around the Wilson Bridge. Thanks!

-Nin

I have no words after reading that....
It only makes sense that they would be looking at that, and everything else. It doesn't mean they think there is a connection, and in fact they have stated that they know of no connections to other murders.

I'm still trying to figure out how this happened. Although it's possible that this man just happened to be at that park trolling for a couple of young girls exactly at the time that they were there, but it seems like a real long shot. If they posted on twitter or Facebook that they would be there, it makes more sense.

I have had the same notion. What are the chances that two girls would be hiking alone in winter on a trail and run into someone who would kill them? There are a lot of scary people in the world. But it's relatively safe to walk anywhere in rural Indiana without worrying about something like this. I think this was planned. I think they were lured to that trail with the promise of something. The girls obviously had phones and used them like pros. I firmly believe someone had been communicating with them. And I think it might have been romantic talk given the proximity to Valentine's Day and all.

It is possible to control and coerce someone without the aid of a weapon. Tone of voice, body language and general disposition, especially if commanding and authoritative. An otherwise staunch person can be intimidated into submission.
Even when they had full clarity of the situation, the girls could have been paralysed by fear. They may even have fought ferociously but if he had control over just one of them, the other could have yielded in the hope of a better outcome for them both.

I think he had a piece of cord stuffed in his jacket and that is what you see sticking out of it. Haven't you ever seen someone working roll up something and not have another pocket and set inside the chest of their jacket? I have... He used it to tie their hands and led them down the hill or where ever controlling them...like you see in western movies where captives are drug by their hands behind the horses.

My sister was tied up with what looked like clothes line when she was murdered.

Please take this as a MOO heads up, but that Australian paper likes to go for the catchy headlines and has gotten things wrong about this case in the past IMO, so I don't put much stock in what they say. That doesn't mean they aren't right, but I prefer confirmation from local sources before accepting their version. :)
JMO, MOO, etc.

I have no words after reading that....

What we have wondered all along...putting those pictures like that, you could be looking at sisters or twins...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/e15e255be4b0a8a15d67b507851807e3

Officers have not revealed how Abby and Libby were killed or whether they were sexually assaulted but have confirmed that DNA was taken from the site where their bodies were found.

This is an Australian paper..so is it a breakdown/mishmash of all other stuff reported and duplicated? This looks an awful lot like work a WS'r posted the other night...I'm sorry it was 2-3 threads back and I'm not going to look for the link..

I have had the same notion. What are the chances that two girls would be hiking alone in winter on a trail and run into someone who would kill them? There are a lot of scary people in the world. But it's relatively safe to walk anywhere in rural Indiana without worrying about something like this. I think this was planned. I think they were lured to that trail with the promise of something. The girls obviously had phones and used them like pros. I firmly believe someone had been communicating with them. And I think it might have been romantic talk given the proximity to Valentine's Day and all.

I absolutely agree this was planned. BG had been there before, scoping out the land and probably norms of those living around the area....ex. the property owner where the girls were found. (In my opinion, of course) Such a tragedy.....I really hope LE catches a break and blows the case wide open.

Libby died on the 13th, Abby on the 14th.
They died on the same day is what I understood. And, naturally, I have no links that are easy to find on this dumb tablet. Yargh!!

Anyone back me up on this or do I need to go digging?

This news link is implying the two cases from Iowa and Indiana could be connected and its possible.

There is one helicopter overhead photo towards the bottom that show two white objects like a cloth sheet covering something with investigators nearby. If those are the bodies of the Iowa girls then it makes me wonder if two perps are working in tandem to commit these murders.
Based on the placement of the white cloths it could have been two people attacking the girls separately.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/e15e255be4b0a8a15d67b507851807e3

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...se-dont-spread-rumors-in-delphi-investigation

Over 10,000 tips. I have to wonder, even with the amount of personnel working on the case, if they can devote enough time and effort to each one. I'm sure there is a database for this many tips and daily status meetings, but still, 10K tips is a lot to go through and probably each interview team can look at each tip a different way. With those photos and that short audio, this guy could ditch those clothes in a dumpster somewhere, look like anyone else in the area and hide in plain sight.

You just made me remember something. In the Casey Anthony fiasco, the man who found little Caylee said he had called in tips earlier in the investigation, but no one had followed up with him. It was much later, when he went back to the same site and did more research, he found the prior girl's skull. What if somewhere in these 10,000 tips there are people who DO recognize the BG? Would LE be able to assemble a volunteer task force somehow to go through all the tips and categorize them, so they will know which tips to act on more quickly? Just a thought.

In my experience that isn't true, and often the obituary is printed before the death certificate is available. MOO

That's been my experience too. I've had to do 3 obits in the last 2 years and the newspapers ran them exactly as they were written by me. There was no one checking dates (or anything else). In 2 of those cases, the obit was published in the newspaper several days before the death certificate was ready.

Still hoping that a local will chime in with info about the Wilson Cave(s) located around the Wilson Bridge. Thanks!

-Nin

Nin-

Local here. I have never heard of those caves. Is there a reason or just curious? I will look into it now :)

IMO
The LE has no solid leads. They have a major problem being unable to capitalize on Libby's last gift to them. They need to show a video clip to keep this afloat. Only one week until the news cycle is completely turned over.
I do appreciate the post that said BG got spooked and killed then ran away before 330. It sucks when bad ppl get lucky.
IMO
ITA...they had a shot and now the cat is out of the bag. There is so much speculation about a horrible image that could be anyone that they are getting tips about any man who has owned a navy Hackett and a hoodie. of all details they might have held back I wish they would have withheld that picture until/when they had a clearer version...a sketch...height, weight..anything nothing at all to set him apart. I also think the audio clip is too short. They obviously have alot of information from the phone and scene....IMO..anything unique to the killer should have been released. At this point I believe someone involved or a relative with undeniable evidence will have to come forward to solve this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members