Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, if you have not google mapped the area her car was found please do and zoom in. Click to get the street view as well.
This is not a road. It is a park. She would have had to be going mach 40 (in a park mind you) to slide that far off the tiny park road, over grass and skim perfectly past trees, then down a steep rocky hill to make it to the water without anything stopping her.
Or the real easy boat dock right there.

And why on earth would she be back there at 5am? No way I believe she was back there by herself.

Yes. I've walked in this park many times and have never seen cars driving on that walking path. It's pretty wide and someone could if they wanted too, but again, I've never seen someone do so, even at night when the park isn't busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please, please, if you have not google mapped the area her car was found please do and zoom in. Click to get the street view as well.
This is not a road. It is a park. She would have had to be going mach 40 (in a park mind you) to slide that far off the tiny park road, over grass and skim perfectly past trees, then down a steep rocky hill to make it to the water without anything stopping her.

And why on earth would she be back there at 5am? No way I believe she was back there by herself.
Yes! I have been to this park, it wasn't an accident. Someone wanted to get rid of her and the car and this was an easy spot. :(

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Wondering if there are large rocks down in the river that the car could have smashed down on to cause that? Seems like it'd have to be pretty violently tossed down there for that kind of damage to happen. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but if it was driven, or pushed, or rolled on that bank, it would develop quite a lot of speed (picture of how steep the bank is)

13322325_G.jpg

But yes, could be rocks in the water, too.

Hm, yes, now that I think of it, went in upriver, rolled downstream into rocks and such by the force of the current. The Missouri is a mighty river.

So sad for her. I was hoping she had just decided she needed to get away for a while.

Seems pretty obvious the car travelled some distance in the water given that the unrelated SUV also ended up in the same place. I guess maybe I'm missing something, but this case seems like a closed book to me. I still remember being scared to death driving over the roads in KC a few months ago. It was like driving on a big black ice rink. Couldn't even walk a block without slipping and sliding

I'm waiting to hear more on the damage to the car. Maybe they cracked the glass to get the hook around it. And dragging it up that hill couldn't have been easy.

I thought that too but the way the reporter was talking about it made me think not.

For the record here, you said it was an accident from the beginning right?

I remember having that conversation. You slightly changed today to say , "in the water", but I can't remember explicitly.

I totally see how it could still be an accident still, but I have too much to exclude yet imo.

But you think it's still an accident? I can't say I would exclude it yet, still have questions.

I do agree though, some just have a feeling and are right often, with very little information even.

I said in the river or perhaps down a ravine, hidden from view ... an accident ... that was always my opinion on this case.

Personally, I think she crashed from MO9, which you can see is very possible from my previous posts on here. I will admit that the boat ramp is very suspect due to its proximity, but based on the markings on her car, I think she had an accident.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-4&p=13184737#post13184737

JMO!

Sadly, when a person and a car disappear together, it's often the case that they've gone into the water or down a slope where they can't easily be seen from the highway. :(

Sadly, when a person and a car disappear together, it's often the case that they've gone into the water or down a slope where they can't easily be seen from the highway. :(

I agree with you 100% carbuff. Most rational murders focus on hiding the body. The car is an after thought.

Absolutely. It is often some sort of accident. The cases in the lakes in Oklahoma were so heartbreaking. So much time passed that loved ones suffered, not knowing what happened.

I never saw this theory. Would you mind posting a link to your previous post? I believe we can to similar conclusions.

It will be way back in the first thread, and a few subsequent posts. I'm not going to hunt for it, because at the time I was working on many cases, it would take me a long time to find it. I didn't post on this case very much because I formed an opinion early on and stuck with it ... sat on my hands and waited for this day. A few of us back then were in agreement that the rivers should be checked.

Absolutely. It is often some sort of accident. The cases in the lakes in Oklahoma were so heartbreaking. So much time passed that loved ones suffered, not knowing what happened.

Yes, that was tragic. I recall a woman in Montana who went off Lolo Pass and they didn't find her for a couple of years, and a woman in Texas who skidded off the road and into a fire pond on her way to an early morning job--it was a flat open road and you would have sworn the water wasn't deep enough to cover a car, but it sank into the mud on the bottom.

So sad when it happens.

None of the videos are working for me, so I am clicking frame by frame. I will tell you a few things I notice--- I dont see a license plate on the back. It seems like a spare tire or at least one without a rim on the back passenger side. Front drivers looks similar. The passenger side door actually looks like it was impacted.. The front/ hood actually looks in pretty good shape. You can see that it is slightly buckled from the driver's side view. The trunk is wide open. Something red looks like it is hanging out the drivers window at second 7- could be light, as I dont see it from front view. Front view shows right drivers side headlight busted and windshield completely busted. Area of the car hanging down, seen from the front, on the drivers side. The roof is smashed mostly on top of the passenger side.

Rest in Peace! I am so glad you were found.

From this map, someone could easily drive off into the river if they swerved to miss a raccoon in the road, were exhausted, tipsy, or trying to text.
attachment.php
Normally just a local lurker, hope I'm quoting correctly. IMO, only because I've been there, no way she would have just happened to end up in this park and then swerved into the river. You have to go over the railroad tracks to get to the park. There's also a walking trail between the road and the river. It looks closer in these screen shots than it really is. Not sure if this view helps at all. Again, IMO only, I don't see how this was an accident
4058558ddbac6cb3dfe8074da54c513f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sometimes people are right.
I am OFTEN.
It's instincts.
Don't discount it.
It's not a competition....but it is part of the discussion.
Some theories are way off base.
Some hit the nail on the head.
I don't see a problem here.
JMO

I remember that several of us thought her being in the river was a likely explanation, but were shot down pretty quickly.

At any rate, it's a horrible outcome. At least the waiting is almost over. I feel for her family. It's so unfair, especially that she was so young with unlimited possibilites for her life.

It will be way back in the first thread, and a few subsequent posts. I'm not going to hunt for it, because at the time I was working on many cases, it would take me a long time to find it. I didn't post on this case very much because I formed an opinion early on and stuck with it ... sat on my hands and waited for this day. A few of us back then were in agreement that the rivers should be checked.

Well, I'll take your word for it. Much like myself, you have great instincts!

Congrats!

I think she must have gone in considerably upstream from where they found her car.

It might well not be an accident. I guess we'll find out.

:candle: Rest in peace, Toni. Prayers for your family and loved ones.

Normally just a local lurker, hope I'm quoting correctly. IMO, only because I've been there, no way she would have just happened to end up in this park and then swerved into the river. You have to go over the railroad tracks to get to the park. There's also a walking trail between the road and the river. It looks closer in these screen shots than it really is. Not sure if this view helps at all. Again, IMO only, I don't see how this was an accident
4058558ddbac6cb3dfe8074da54c513f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Based on your knowledge, could she have been going down the boat ramp at a high rate of speed and 'launched' into that spot? I guess that wouldn't account for the damage to the passenger side then..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase