IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has not released the Death certificates for as official time/date of death. Although I believe you are probably referencing the girls obits that had different days of death. LE has not commented on that. And I can just say that like others have said. Obits are not always 100 percent factual in these cases as many times they are written before the corners report is finalized. in my opinion

Obituaries are written by the family. The coroner does not play any part with it. It looks like one family chose the date their child was found, and the other the date of the murder.

I realize several have mentioned the 'pristine' crime scene and what just hit me, is...what I would like to know is HOW does he know it was pristine? Yes, it is his property...but if it was taped off...LE and CSI and FBI all over the place...how would he know it was 'pristine'? Not being snarky, not accusing....it just hit me as I sat here.
Wasn't that his first interview..a day or so after the girls were found? What was he doing back there? What was ANYONE doing there besides LE?
IDK when the interview was but he went back Thursday IIRC after they released the crime scene maybe to show reporters? I thought he was interviewed because it was his property but someone else said he called the reporters?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That surprises me. Should that person take the car of the friend who just picked up them up and cause a deadly crash the officer who let them go without a field sobriety test would be partly liable, and as a result of his or hers careless actions.

In NJ it is mandatory that a car be impounded for 12 hours if the driver is arrested for DUI/DWI. It is called John's Law and went into effect in 2001 after the tragic death of John Elliott, a Navy Ensign, in 2000. This law also makes it mandatory that the driver cannot be released until sober, unless they are released to someone who assumes personal liability IN WRITING.

A drunk driver was arrested by NJ State Police for DWI earlier that evening with a BAC of .21 - more than twice the legal limit at that time. He was released to the custody of a friend who drove him back to his car. Three hours after his first arrest, he crossed the center line, killing himself and John and critically injuring John's girlfriend. The drunk driver's friend was charged with manslaughter, vehicular homicide and aggravated assault. His trial ended in a hung jury.

My father had over 100 acres that was a combination of pasture, farm fields, and wooded. He knew every inch of his land. He walked it and worked it. He put up fence and cleared the trees when needed. He loved that land. He had a genuine relationship with the earth.
So, when RL describes his land as pristine, I interpret that as there was no sign of a vehicle being back on it or a disturbance. I take RL literally. The land was not disturbed.

JMO

Do you think LE and investigators on this case read our threads? Just hit the Thanks if you do, no need to make many responses, unless you feel compelled.

In this case? I don't know. I other cases? Yes, LE has made their presence known here. It would stand to reason that in some cases, they may lurk here...along with family and friends. JMOO

When the sheriff was interviewed in the 'twist' video, he indicated the only double murder they had had before the girls was a set of grandparents murdered by their grandchildren in the 90s

Yes! You're exactly right regarding the interview. But I don't think most people mentioning "twist" realize that because they're simply reading about a "twist" in other postings and taking it at face value.

IMO, anyone discussing "twist" should at the very least have listened to the interview so they understand the context.

Without context, you can assign any random meaning to a word, which is bad IMO (maybe because I come from journalism studies in University).

Probably pristine because the area within the tape was picked up completely. Probably involved raking up all leaves to see if evidence was under them or blood evidence etc. on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realize several have mentioned the 'pristine' crime scene and what just hit me, is...what I would like to know is HOW does he know it was pristine? Yes, it is his property...but if it was taped off...LE and CSI and FBI all over the place...how would he know it was 'pristine'? Not being snarky, not accusing....it just hit me as I sat here.
Wasn't that his first interview..a day or so after the girls were found? What was he doing back there? What was ANYONE doing there besides LE?

I think his comment of pristine was meant to reflect that there wasn't liters of blood everywhere, the ground wasn't torn up signifying some kind of herculean struggle between the girls and the murderer(s). JMO

As to why he was back there? In his interview with CNN (I think), he said he was allowed access back to his land on Wednesday. The police tape stayed in place. I believe the tape is still there. I don't think he crossed the tape. Buy why wouldn't he go look? If it were my property and LE said I was allowed to walk my property again, I'd be doing it, and I'd respect the tape and stay out of that area. It is human nature; that's why on the interstate when there's an accident that has traffic backed up for miles, when we finally get to the head of the line and pass the accident scene, we all tend to "rubber neck" although if I'm driving, I won't look, but as a passenger I will glance over. IMOO

:seeya: WARNING: Prepare to move to a new thread. I'll post the link shortly.

This thread will close in about 15 minutes.

:tyou:

Or maybe the recording is "what nightmares are made" of because it was a long drawn out ordeal. Could really be interpreted both ways.

LE has never said it was of "what nightmares are made of". Do you know you made that statement. I read it here once, but that was many threads ago.

Obituaries are written by the family. The coroner does not play any part with it. It looks like one family chose the date their child was found, and the other the date of the murder.
That's what I think also. When my dad passed away the Obit listed his date of death wrong and we had to call the newspaper and fix it so they could run it the next day. They never confirmed who we were or anything. They just print what you tell them

I for one would be the first person to check out the crime scene on my property the second the police left.

Did they search his property on the 13th or was their first time there on the 14th when the bodies were found?

A limited search began at 3:30 when family looked around for them but the official search wouldn't have started until after 5:30. RL said someone asked at 6:30 if they could enter his property to search. He said yes. I can't imagine a scenario, after getting approval, waiting until the next day. So I believe they searched the property on the 13th. Maybe they were moved, maybe murdered elsewhere, forced to walk down there or carried by 2 men. Or maybe just not seen in the dark, focused on the creek and closer to the bridge.

And pristine seems an odd word.

I have seen Homeland Security on several cases here involving missing children. When I looked it up last time, it was on their website that they assisted in these cases. Also FBI is not that unusual at all.

This is the only case I have ever seen that has images of a suspected child killer taken by a victim.

For me, that is enough of a "twist" to call in anyone and everyone.

Also, OT...there was a suicide case I read about once when the victim was on her own large property but not found for a year. And another woman missing for months found a few hundred yards from her house. Searches had taken place in both cases. I feel like it is very lucky the girls were found so quickly.

LE has never said it was of "what nightmares are made of". Do you know you made that statement. I read it here once, but that was many threads ago.
I thought it came from the first inside edition story with a source? Im not 100% sure

ETA as V above stated it wasn't LE that said it. It was a "source"

I, for one, would really appreciate more info. from LE, but what I don't want to know is how their poor precious bodies were found. We have a double homicide, I don't need descriptions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona