Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a hydro physicist by any means but I would guess that the placement of wheels ( if she turned them) , flow of water and other things occurring in water ... usually rocks but perhaps in this case other vehicles ... it can " gracefully" turn upside down in water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nor I. I've worked around water enough to know a little bit about it's nature. I can envision her car turning upside down front to back initially and drug for some time depending on the current. I can also see how it could have whirled around or even up and over top the first vehicle before settling and coming to a rest a ways beyond it. I think that the delay in being able to finally drag it up and out was due to sand and other material being imbedded around it and they couldn't get connected like was wanted.

I'd also like to add that I'm appreciative of what the person posted toward the end of the last thread in relation to the facts of this case and I didn't know how bring that quote over other than copying.

Much of what we've been forming opinions on (including myself) has not been that reliable of information. That's not anyone's fault necessarily only that we haven't really had that much to go on. And, a lot of what we have had has been misleading. Two failed attempts to pay for gas at the fuel station vs. attempts to make withdraws as examples. And now we hear of a window "down". What does that mean...all the way down or inches?

It's easy to get lost not forming accurate opinions of what's occurred.

I think that it's fair to say that we're all sad about the outcome and it is not an ending that we dearly hoped for Toni.

It was on the Crime Watch Daily show.

So I feel like DJ was not the coworker she was going to meet. This was a different man I think. Someone who told police almost everything but maybe not that last 1%. Maybe he left her there after they did some heavy drugs together.

Maybe but the time line between QT and last ping suggests maybe it was a hook up IMO. If the guy copped to that as being what they did, there's not really a reason to suspect foul play. If he says they got high, wouldn't he be like partly responsible for her accident? I'm not articulating my point very well sorry.

This case could not be not anything other than suicide or homicide. I feel the accident conclusion is a gift to the parents who can live with a comfortable falsehood. They could never in a million years accurately conclude this an accident so quickly. It's impossible.

really? are you an investigator?

This case could not be not anything other than suicide or homicide. I feel the accident conclusion is a gift to the parents who can live with a comfortable falsehood. They could never in a million years accurately conclude this an accident so quickly. It's impossible.

I disagree. It's possible LE could have more information than us.

Here's why I don't think suicide is the best or most likely explanation: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-5&p=13224628#post13224628

Let's say they have tire track skids from where the car left the road, paint scuffs or dislodged car parts along the hillside where it tumbled into the water. What if they have camera footage of the car swerving or driving erratically prior to this? There are pieces of information that may point toward this conclusion.

I think an accident is the most likely. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-5&p=13224657#post13224657)

I do leave some possibility for foul play. (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...as-City-15-Jan-2017-5&p=13224692#post13224692)

It honestly seems like some of you WANT it to be foul play. Occam's Razor y'all. So the killer cop (or someone else, w/e) that pulled her over killed her (no other damage to her body tho, besides bruise) and then pushed her car down an icy boat launch? How is that more plausible to you than the fact that she was probably drunk coming home from work and accidentally pulled off or turned down the boat ramp, or hit ice and couldn't swerve away, and couldn't stop because it was icy, and couldn't get out of her car because it's difficult to get out of a car underwater, much more so when it's freezing water and you're tipsy?

I hear ya. 2 or 3 times a year, my husband and I just look at each other and shake our heads in reaction to things people do near/on the lakes near us. ;)

Last summer Mr. Carbuff and I watched a couple of teenagers who had borrowed their dad's pickup and boat slide backwards into the water as they tried to unload the boat--they forgot to put the parking brake on and when they tugged on the trailer to get the boat off, the whole rig rolled a good ten feet into the water, then sank immediately into a couple of feet of silt and mud. All you could see was the roof of the truck.

My point being that it's easier than you would think to get in trouble on a boat ramp. They're steep and slick.

I like a neat and plausible conclusion to a case as much as the next person but this narrative doesn't feel right.

Thank you for confirming this, I thought I had read it but couldn't find where. I think he drove off after they met, before she left so he never saw her leave, and she started on her way out but ended up on the ramp.

ETA: He may HAVE told police what they did, but they are not making it public because it's sensitive subject matter.

So she actually did meet someone after being pulled over? Can you post a link? I completely missed this information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

With no obvious indications that she was suicidal, I would be very surprised to learn that this was a suicide. And without any evidence to point to suicide LE isn't about to reach that conclusion. This is either foul play (with evidence that we aren't aware of) or a complete accident.

I personally wonder if she was meeting someone there that has never come forward. She got there first, slid off into the water, and was gone before the other party arrived.

So she actually did meet someone after being pulled over? Can you post a link? I completely missed this information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I had "heard it" in the threads here but can't find a link myself. Another poster mentioned it here again tonight but didn't post a link.

With no obvious indications that she was suicidal, I would be very surprised to learn that this was a suicide. And without any evidence to point to suicide LE isn't about to reach that conclusion. This is either foul play (with evidence that we aren't aware of) or a complete accident.

I personally wonder if she was meeting someone there that has never come forward. She got there first, slid off into the water, and was gone before the other party arrived.

I thought about this too....or maybe they were gone when SHE got there and figured she was a no-show. IMO she would have been running late after being stopped by the police and getting gas....maybe her meetup left, she arrived waited and left and headed down the ramp. He may not have realized what their missed connection meant for days, and could possibly have come forward and he could be the reason everyone was specifically focusing on that park. A pinged cell tower near there doesn't give enough info to set that park as a main search area. There must have been another reason to focus there JMO

Toni's father was just on KWCH (phone interview) and he said Toni was trying to do a u-turn and slid down the ramp. Also said the window was down and Toni, unstrapped, was still in the drivers seat.

LE said she was to meet a male co worker.
We don't know who that is or if she actually met with him. LE has indicated this man has been forthcoming. My post was clearly speculation.

I was speculating that IF she did actually meet with him maybe it was at that park and maybe he told police most but not the whole truth. I am speculating that they did some heavy drugs or had a hook up. I am speculating he left and then she had her accident. All speculation.

Do you see how that could be true, now that we know she went south? We are looking at denials here. We have proof of a cover-up, which does not automatically mean homicide.

I so want to understand exactly what you're talking about. I haven been able to 100% wrap my head around it. I see how passionate you are about it.

Toni's father was just on KWCH (phone interview) and he said Toni was trying to do a u-turn and slid down the ramp. Also said the window was down and Toni, unstrapped, was still in the drivers seat.

Did he say why they believe she was trying to do a U-turn?

It honestly seems like some of you WANT it to be foul play. Occam's Razor y'all. So the killer cop (or someone else, w/e) that pulled her over killed her (no other damage to her body tho, besides bruise) and then pushed her car down an icy boat launch? How is that more plausible to you than the fact that she was probably drunk coming home from work and accidentally pulled off or turned down the boat ramp, or hit ice and couldn't swerve away, and couldn't stop because it was icy, and couldn't get out of her car because it's difficult to get out of a car underwater, much more so when it's freezing water and you're tipsy?

She was not "coming home from work". She was at a desolate park at 5 in the morning when she was supposed to be elsewhere. Occam's Razor is easy to throw around. I'll tell ya what, if I ever need you guys don't go with Occam's Razor, search for the truth, keep asking questions and side eye everyone. just sayin

My thoughts exactly. I saw the article earlier where her mother stated this was an accident, case closed and it just left me with so many more questions than I had before. The last I heard on the news (or at least thought I heard) was that it could take weeks for Toni's autopsy reports to come back due to the volume of cases the KCPD is working right now. I just don't understand how this conclusion was reached so quickly, and why, if it is the conclusion, there have been no official reports from LE verifying since they have to understand there is widespread interest in this case and also because one of their own was looked at with suspicion. I would think that they would want to be leading the discussion. Or maybe I am missing something and there has been an official report from LE. It would still be weird though because so little time has passed since that car was pulled from the river. So much about this case is so strange. :thinking:

LE said she was to meet a male co worker.
We don't know who that is or if she actually met with him. LE has indicated this man has been forthcoming. My post was clearly speculation.

I was speculating that IF she did actually meet with him maybe it was at that park and maybe he told police most but not the whole truth. I am speculating that they did some heavy drugs or had a hook up. I am speculating he left and then she had her accident. All speculation.

I'm thinking the 4:53 am text was probably from this guy, wondering where she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu