Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anything other than that. Sounds like it might be too small to be captured.
I don't know.. I'll ask him, he might have something up his sleeve that others don't or can't do without a lot of red tape and that's as much as I can expound on that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Good old hero tad lied to the other students so ALL the other students would leave theclassroom so he could be alone with Destinay..

Beats me. In high school, "forensics" seems to refer to debate classes. It's NOT forensic science. To the best of my knowledge, TC was basically a respiratory therapist who taught a sort of vo tech class for students who wanted to look into health related fields.

He was a member of HOSA (I think). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HOSA_(organization)

Actually within the state of TN Dept. of Education, Forensic Science is a part of Career & Technical Education (CTE) which is the division of education in which TC taught. Teachers who teach CTE classes may or may not have degrees in education (apparently TC did not); however, they must have coursework and a certain occupational licensure. For instance, I know an RN who teaches CTE classes in the health sciences division and she also teaches a Forensic Science class as a part of the CTE program of study.

I read where TC taught "Forensics", and this would be Forensic Science within the CTE program at his high school.

Hope this made sense as it may sound confusing the way I wrote it.

TBI said it's a serious crime. He'd better get her back home...and soon!

Get her back soon or what? I haven't heard that they are offering him any deals. He has nothing to lose at this point.

I just want to clarify-
Are you guys thinking that real time satellite imagery can be used to scan parks of your interest to find signs of life like campfires to look for ET ?
I don't think it works that way. Unless your talking about thermal imagery but like someone mentioned earlier, it would be costly so they would need to have a good indication that ET was in that general vicinity.

If LE was able to zoom in from space to look for ET then why can't they do that for every MP case ? Remember the little boy that ran off in the woods and was found in a stream, why couldn't they just zoom in and find him? Abby and Libby?
I'm just curious as to what technology your talking about so I can make sure I'm reading and understanding this correctly?
We aren't sure we are just wondering if there is some way that maybe campfires can be spotted in real time or as close to possible as real time.

While I don't doubt that people may be on TCs side ( Kat confirmed that some in the town believe he's innocent) that is still a very far cry from helping him hide a kidnapped child.
These people can believe he's great and think she's the bad guy ( we know she is actually the victim) but that really is very different then them commiting a crime to help him.
As much press this story is getting in their community, I think they would all be very aware that he's wanted and helping him would be a crime.
Just because people are sympathetic to him doesn't necessarily mean they'd be willing to break a law.
There's been zero evidence released so far that indicates he's being helped or harbored by anyone in that community.

Yes. He has his church friends backing him

I honestly can't understand how anyone can believe that a 50 year old man was forced into this by a 15 year old girl. Even if they can justify in their minds that ET is willingly a part of this, it still doesn't excuse a 50 year old man not having the decency and common sense to know it's wrong to run away with a 15 year old girl. In the end, no matter what version of the story anyone wants to believe, TC's the adult and the one person that had the power to never go through with this (but he did), never plan for this (but he did), and the power to put an end to all of this (and he hasn't).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are camping someplace. $4,500 could last them years. That's assuming that $4,500 is all they have. But that's the minimum they have. TC could have ten times that amount of money with him.

LE said he had "limited access" to cash. It's totally JMO, but I personally don't think he has much more than that 4,500.

Yeah I can see some of that for sure. I'm not sure which is more dangerous, one that knows exactly what he is doing or one that has fooled himself into thinking his intentions are good and he was never looking for something like this.

That is a good question to ponder. Both dangerous in their own way. Even if I think the one who fooled himself is less dangerous, I keep coming back to, how would that person EVER draw the line if they can delude themselves like that. How many times does a one time only incident happen before it becomes serial? Raises all kinds of questions. :(

We aren't sure we are just wondering if there is some way that maybe campfires can be spotted in real time or as close to possible as real time.

Hmmm
While I'm sure the technology exists, I doubt that it'd be used here.
Look up the stories of seals hunting terrorists in the mountains, they absolutely have amazing technology.
But have you ever heard of this technology being used for mp cases?

Edited to add - thermal imagery is commonly used in rescue situations and could possibly be used if they knew that ET could possibly be in a certain area.
Satellite imagery from space is where my doubt is. Imagine if we as the public could just zoom in real time and find whoever we wanted?

While I don't doubt that people may be on TCs side ( Kat confirmed that some in the town believe he's innocent) that is still a very far cry from helping him hide a kidnapped child.
These people can believe he's great and think she's the bad guy ( we know she is actually the victim) but that really is very different then them commiting a crime to help him.
As much press this story is getting in their community, I think they would all be very aware that he's wanted and helping him would be a crime.
Just because people are sympathetic to him doesn't necessarily mean they'd be willing to break a law.
There's been zero evidence released so far that indicates he's being helped or harbored by anyone in that community.
There has also been some wonder if TC told his friends some lies about how bad things are for ET now, since there was previous abuse and portraying himself as "risking all to help a child" type thing.

We don't know how deep the support goes. There has maybe been some talk that "TC is keeping ET safe" kind thing. But we just don't know how much the support for him is.

Hmmm
While I'm sure the technology exists, I doubt that it'd be used here.
Look up the stories of seals hunting terrorists in the mountains, they absolutely have amazing technology.
But have you ever heard of this technology being used for mp cases?
No, but I have a white hat hacker, former intelligence community, former military, program designer, that uses his skills for good. I'm just going to ask him if there is anything he can do or access along those lines to help.

If ET figures out she is in a bind and has a chance to get away, will she take that chance? Or will she go along with TC?

I asked those questions. I have yet to hear an answer. I hope she does!

That isn't at all what I'm saying. I'm wondering about what TC thought and if he realized he was a pedophile or if he lied to himself and didn't think he was really attracted to young girls.

Oh I got ya'! Well, I think his behavior as reported in this case and by students who knew him shows more than the type of behavior of someone trying to fight urges. To me it is pretty clear he has been at this for years. I think it would be a miracle if he had never tried this on another child.

Exactly. All you would see would be red...campfires, house fires, people burning leaves, etc. etc.. What you generally see on maps with thermal anomalies are things like underground fires, forest fires and things of that nature. Large areas.

Yeah and I don't think they have the manpower to check out every possible hit. What about legitimate campers?

We have already found it, seems it isn't illegal for a child at 13 to to leave with an adult and never return.

You have a found a cite for the law that states it isn't illegal for a kid to go off with an adult? Could you link me? Again, what I have found after research is that while it is not illegal for the KID to go off, meaning he or she won't get into trouble, it is definitely illegal for an adult to harbor a runaway and it is definitely illegal for an adult to take a kid across state lines for the purpose of sexually assaulting her in any way, including via statutory rape, and it is illegal for an adult to coerce or persuade a child to run off with him via fraud. Like telling her a lie to get her to go, with the intent of doing something sexual to her.

I cited all of those laws a couple times. Let me know if I missed something.

Ok I think found something more to identify tad can ET sister conferm if tad has a mole on one cheek I saw a pic somewhere and it showed the side of his face but someone else was in the photo so I can't post it but it seams like it should be in the discription of what he looks like would also help people to eliminate people who resemble him

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

That is good, but these days, many don't watch local news coverage. I've seen it on CNN a few times, but I have CNN running non-stop on my regular office and home office on the days I'm working. I'm also not sure it was at times when the viewership is high.

i know with me, i tend to get my news off the internet, twitter or FB or on cnn, fox etc. sometimes ill watch local, but i tend to forget its on because im doing something else.

Actually within the state of TN Dept. of Education, Forensic Science is a part of Career & Technical Education (CTE) which is the division of education in which TC taught. Teachers who teach CTE classes may or may not have degrees in education (apparently TC did not); however, they must have coursework and a certain occupational licensure. For instance, I know an RN who teaches CTE classes in the health sciences division and she also teaches a Forensic Science class as a part of the CTE program of study.

I read where TC taught "Forensics", and this would be Forensic Science within the CTE program at his high school.

You know what's strange? Forensics is not listed as a class anywhere on the school district or school's website. It's not in their high school course descriptions, or in their listing on the district site. Even if you search for it, the class is listed nowhere. No relevance I'm sure, I just find it strange.

That is a good question to ponder. Both dangerous in their own way. Even if I think the one who fooled himself is less dangerous, I keep coming back to, how would that person EVER draw the line if they can delude themselves like that. How many times does a one time only incident happen before it becomes serial? Raises all kinds of questions. :(

Well that is what I have been pondering about him and some aren't getting that.

I guess both could be less and more dangerous in different ways. Kind of different sides of the same coin type thing.

I hope I don't miss anything.
She does have lots of seasonal allergies and they get bad enough she will wheeze and need a breathing treatment.
She has scars on her face from the abuse. Her mother would dig her fingers into ET face so hard it has left permanent scaring.
Yes. All of us have sensitive skin. It's a family thing.
No latex she likes FX makeup which is usually latex based.
She has the same family female issues that requires lots of feminine products and usually changed of clothing. It's erratic which is why we all carry changes of clothes with us at all times.
Left handed.
Last hospitalized/ER for bronchitis.
She has had a broken leg.
I don't know if you already answered this, but I can't find it if so. I apologize for re-asking. Is there any way to get a description of the swimsuit she brought, or better yet a picture of it from either a store or some other form? I think it would be helpful to know what we are looking for if we are watching beach areas during spring break.

Isn't that basically the same thing I said? That he's a respiratory therapist who teaches health sciences? Or am I missing something? He doesn't actually teach forensic science, does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419