IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a possibility, but from the beginning I have always thought it looked like just a shadow. It just doesn't look like a tool belt to me. But it very well could be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also not set on tool belt. After looking at it closer a fanny pack is closer to what it looks like but still just too hard to tell

If they were taken elsewhere, why would a perp run the risk of bringing them back at a later time especially with a search ongoing? Unless the perp lived close that would not make sense IMO.

I agree ... I don't see any reason to believe that the suspect did anything other than abduct the girls, order them to go "down the hill" towards the spot where their bodies were found, assault, and murder them.

Is there any evidence to support the suggestion that he put them in a vehicle and returned to the scene of the crime later?

In the vein of RL's comments to the media seeming strange or out of the ordinary, early on his comment "in my house" raised a lot of attention, including my own. Then, in a phone interview, he stated something to the affect of "the pain and agony caused BY these families", in regard to the crime, which also raised my suspicions, but taken as a whole, listening to and watching every interview, I honestly think he's just somewhat bumbling and verbally inarticulate, which isn't uncommon among folks who spend their time outdoors, tending animals, land, etc, and not a lot of time talking. JMO.

That is a horrible thought I had from early on and I posted about it. It could explain so many SW's which we haven't heard the details of, and arrests not related to the murders. I've tried not to think about it but it can't be ruled out I don't think.

I have tried to let this go skibaboo, but it still lingers. Maybe it is about time to ... go see if you're correct. *grumble*

This is a possibility, but from the beginning I have always thought it looked like just a shadow. Maybe even a shadow being cast by Abby? Like LE cropped Abby out of the picture but part of her shadow remained on BG?It just doesn't look like a tool belt to me. But it very well could be....

IMO To me its always looked like a roofer's tool belt. The kind that has a pocket for roofing nails. My dad wore one similar to that everyday when I was growing up.

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

I agree ... I don't see any reason to believe that the suspect did anything other than abduct the girls, order them to go "down the hill" towards the spot where their bodies were found, assault, and murder them.

Is there any evidence to support the suggestion that he put them in a vehicle and returned to the scene of the crime later?
ITA....It wouldn't make much sense. It's a huge risk he would be taking as he could then be spotted twice returning them to the scene plus the difficulty in containing them, transporting them, then returning them. IMO I'm a firm believer the crime happened not long after "down the hill" MOO

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

In the original press conderence,Doug Carter refers to his shirt tail. They don't mention a fanny pack at all. So i'm going with that as being his shirt.In my opinion... [video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]
00d62e5d50e58599973e4a1462d2ec16.jpg

So I had originally thought the brown part was just the bottom of his shirt underneath his jacket, but I just realized his hands would have to be going through the shirt to be in his pockets the way it appears they are. And it appears to go all the way around his waist unlike a fanny pack. I don't remember seeing anyone suggest this but what if it's a utility tool belt? My dad has a black tactical one that holds his various police accessories (gun, tazer, radio, handcuffs, etc.) and they have a lot of very low-profile ones that can hold a lot of stuff and still sit pretty flat. LE and most Army personnel would have this type of belt for work/service but anyone could buy them online for their own purposes and I'm sure there's a lot of other professions that use them like people in construction, factory work, etc.

627ead504883b2f2e3145c17ec2f4db4.jpeg

I also noticed his hands are at different heights. His left hand is much lower, and though it's hard to tell with the shadow and low resolution, I think his left hand is in his jeans pocket and his right hand is up higher in the utility belt, possibly retrieving a small weapon. Just a theory.

That is a horrible thought I had from early on and I posted about it. It could explain so many SW's which we haven't heard the details of, and arrests not related to the murders. I've tried not to think about it but it can't be ruled out I don't think.

Awful thought...knew I wasn't the only one thinking it much as we don't want to.

I keep remembering the way the officers (state, local and FBI) looked at the press conference. Shaken to their core, IMHO.

The problem with this, as others have stated, is that the definition of "SO" runs the gamut. Not all SO's are violent. Not all will repeat because they didn't really do anything in the first place. The sex offender registry is one of the most convoluted systems we have in the country at the moment. I live out in the country on a road that is 2 miles long. Not a lot of people on it, yet we have 3 registered SOs. All three of them were charged for having sex with their teenage girlfriends-when they, themselves, were still teenagers (18,19). Heck, one of our SOs is married to the woman he was charged for abusing. They've been together for 30 years and have grandchildren. He was 19 when he was charged by her parents, she was 17. Yet he has to be on the registry for life.

Point being, not all sex offenders are violent. There are LOTS of things that get people on that list, and many of them border on unconstitutional. It's an antiquated system with laws that vary from state to state.

To be honest, I am much more afraid of the people who have been quietly committing crimes for many years and haven't yet been caught. The school teacher that's been sexually abusing his students for 15 years, and continues to do so feeling confident that nobody will ever know. The grandfather molesting his grandaughter on sleepovers. The soccer coach with the teenage girl after practice. People are able to slide by for YEARS, even decades, without being caught and without society being even slightly aware that something is going on. It's those folks that scare me the most. The sneaky ones. The ones you wouldn't suspect.

I totally agree and I try very very hard to not jump to conclusions every time I see the words RSO, saying that and practicing that are two different things and hard to do because you also don't want to let your guard down and assume it's a harmless one. but I do agree that probably the most dangerous ones are the ones that are unknown

Awful thought...knew I wasn't the only one thinking it much as we don't want to.

I keep remembering the way the officers (state, local and FBI) looked at the press conference. Shaken to their core, IMHO.

Two children laying on the ground murdered, very likely after sexual assault, would have been a terrible scene. I don't think we need to inject anything more into that to understand why investigators were somewhat traumatized by the discovery.

Would something like that be put on the Dark Web? I know very little about it other than what I learned after reading a long article in the doctor's office recently. I believe it was in TIME magazine. It was very disturbing. There's some very scary stuff going on out there and I don't know how LE can keep up with it...

I have tried to let this go skibaboo, but it still lingers. Maybe it is about time to ... go see if you're correct. *grumble*

This one has BG's picture. http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/fbi-lau...ampaign-in-search-for-killer-of-delphi-teens/

ETA This is a second one with only him https://lintvwane.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/img_03481.jpg?w=516

Yes, you can get under it at the ends. Here is a view with someone standing under with their hands up thru the rails and a view of the underneath. (oops one pic turned sideways)
attachment.php
attachment.php

OMG those pics give me the chills!!!! And opens up a new dark doorway in my mind of possibilities..

I hope you didn't take my post as being snarky or anything towards your comments because it truly wasn't meant to be...

Oh, not at all! Didn't perceive any snark or issue so no worries. Actually if anything I hope I didn't offend anyone. Sometimes my tendency to play devils advocate or throw out random ideas gets me into trouble! (And darn I'm on Tapatalk so don't know how put picture a winking emoji here)

Would something like that be put on the Dark Web? I know very little about it other than what I learned after reading a long article in the doctor's office recently. I believe it was in TIME magazine. It was very disturbing. There's some very scary stuff going on out there and I don't know how LE can keep up with it...

Yes, someone would put something like that on the web. IMO

I tend to agree with you though. That picture will cause LE a great deal of aggravation on trial if it's the best that they've got.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If anything, I'd assume the actual video evidence itself is what would come into play at trial. So many have said if we could just see the guy moving it might be easier to identify him. Not to mention if in fact Libby did manage to record the entire crime as many suspect, my gosh can you imagine? There may well be other evidence there that LE is holding back (due to the graphic/violent nature, to not give too much away, etc). So I don't know but I suspect that video and maybe even the stills from it could indeed have their use in a trial.

Obviously all speculation. We have no idea what all was on that recording. But I'd bet it could still help with a conviction.

Question: Has Tippecanoe Ranch Road ever been mentioned in this investigation??

Two children laying on the ground murdered, very likely after sexual assault, would have been a terrible scene. I don't think we need to inject anything more into that to understand why investigators were somewhat traumatized by the discovery.

I agree with you. The sight of 2 murdered kids is enough to shake the most hardened of LE. I don't believe there is anything else to it. If he didn't notice her filming, I don't think he has the skills to upload to the dark net. I have accessed it for research for my books. It isn't like just getting on FB and sharing a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419