Found Safe OK - Alyssa, 15, & Adalyn Ross, 8 mos, Yukon, 26 Apr 2017

I don't follow these cases often so I don't know enough about expected patterns, what's typical with LE, etc., so I realize I may be going out on a limb with my questions.

What are the chances that LE is convinced she isn't in danger for good reason? It just seems very odd to me that the mother seems to have only spoken to Dateline and all other articles I'm seeing are derivatives of the Dateline piece. It seems like when others have gone missing there has been more social media hubub from friends, and yet in this case I'm not seeing hashtags being created or friends posting on the FB pages related to finding her. Teens often like to put themselves in the middle of drama (simply due to immaturity) and I'd have expected some of them to post on those FB pages, but I don't see any of that. She and the baby are both very attractive and the idea that they could've been kidnapped is the stuff news stories are made of... and yet the local news is silent. It just makes me think that LE and the family are holding some things back because they know letting it become sensationalized and highly publicized wouldn't align with the reality of the situation... whatever it is.

I'm certainly not accusing family of anything. I'm just questioning whether perhaps LE has good reason to not turn this into a big public 'search' spectacle and why her family seems to have only spoken to one (that I can tell) news outlet, as though perhaps they know who she is with and aren't happy about it but don't assume she is in danger.

I can think of answers for some of the questions posed here. Someone asked why take your phone if you don't plan to turn it on. I assume a phone in airplane mode can't be detected, correct? Phones are also cameras and she appears to like to take photos of the baby, so I can see why she'd want her camera. Regarding the inhaler, I have a child with asthma but it's not something that needs treated all the time and we've gotten out of town many times only to realize it got left behind. It's only during certain seasons that the asthma flares. If she was asymptomatic and thinking about traveling with a baby, her own asthma issues might not've been on her mind.

She's a teen mom. It sounds like she recently moved to a new city. It sounds like she had to begin homeschooling because of her situation. Her parents are separated. Any of these things could lead a young girl to feel a lot of personal unrest. Might she have left a note? Might Dateline have gotten wind of the pretty teen mom with the adorable baby and contacted the mom/grandmother, who doesn't have a lot of media sophistication, and then after she gave them an interview she realized she probably needed to not be quite so public with things? It's just odd to me that it seems like she did one major interview and then not much of anything. I have to think if the OKC news stations thought there was a story that they'd be having a press conference with a teary mom pleading for their return... but they aren't. What do they know that prevents them from doing this? It could be a ratings draw.

Again - not remotely accusing the family of anything. Just surmising that the lack of press may be related to the family and LE knowing things related to her whereabouts that make the situation less scary so they've decided to pull back on seeking publicity. Maybe?

I just don't understand how nobody knows anything or has found her and baby yet. I feel like somebody is hiding her and the child, but who and why? 😢

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I have been trying to think of why authorities said evidence at the house indicated she left voluntarily. They are treating this like your average teen runaway case. I just can't think of anything that wouldn't still make it URGENT to find Adalyn. Alyssa, too, but we all know how LEO likes to downplay the importance of finding runaway teens. Adalyn is still so little, though, and unless they know exactly who she is with I can't imagine why they wouldn't be scrambling to find her. Alyssa is her mom, yes, but she has no way to drive, no baby supplies, no shelter of her own, etc.

The only safe-ish voluntary situation that came to mind is if Alyssa has an extended family member like an aunt or cousin who picked her up and would let her live with them. But in that case, they wouldn't still be missing.

Was there an Amber Alert? I live in Missouri and heard nothing.

Was there an Amber Alert? I live in Missouri and heard nothing.
Nope, I didn't receive one anyways. They believe she ran away, that's why nothing was issued if I'm reading correctly.

Shes 15, can't drive, has no money, left her inhaler and left most of her babies things. So she would have had to have help, unless she on foot???

Nope, I didn't receive one anyways. They believe she ran away, that's why nothing was issued if I'm reading correctly.

Shes 15, can't drive, has no money, left her inhaler and left most of her babies things. So she would have had to have help, unless she on foot???

I believe that in order for an Amber Alert to be issued, they have to have information about a vehicle to look for and / or who might have been responsible for kidnapping. I think they also may have to be reasonably certain that the missing are in danger from the person who took them against their will.

I may not have all of that exactly correct. My main point is that there are specific criteria for issuing an AA and I don't believe they have been met in this case.

Not sure if anyone has linked to this article yet.. http://ijr.com/2017/05/862276-mom-o...-had-life-back-on-track-but-now-shes-missing/

It does say that she was snapchatting with her sister until 3:30 PM that day and since then messages were not answered.

I feel like the article also hints that because the diaper bag was gone, LE thinks this is a runaway case... mother is outraged, rightfully so.

She said her daughter has no way of transporting and supporting herself... unless someone has her.

Article also stating that friends are worried as non of them had any indication she was running away.

Girls at 15... tell each other everything I feel like ...

I agree that girls that age tell each other nearly everything. But I do wonder if Alyssa had become isolated since she had Adalyn, moved, and attended school online. I'm sure she was still in touch with her friends, but I'm not sure if perhaps her friendships became more artificial? Her school friends would have a hard time relating to being a SAHM and doing school online.

if you have t use an inhaler you don't leave it .

Great point, I could definitely see that. It's possible having Adalyn gave her a new sense of priorities so her friends gossip and problems seemed trivial and couldn't relate to them anymore. It's also possible her friends stopped hanging out with her as much if she was always, always immersed with Adalyn.

One of my friends who is several years younger than me recently had a kid and we all love the kid and her but she can't have a conversation now without mentioning the kid. We are all in a group chat and even if we are talking about something not even closely related to children or her kid she will find a way to mention the kid in response to whatever we're talking about. It's beyond annoying but no one is going to say anything because she had the kid waaaay very young (but several years older than Alyssa) and she needs all the support she can get from us. No one wants to push her away because she will get offended.

Sry for the rambling post .... yeek!. There's just so much that could be at play here but I'm desperately hoping the lack of urgency is based off of some substantial proof other than the diaper bag. But regardless, there should be urgency even if she did leave voluntarily.

Three things:

First, regarding the inhaler, I think there could be more to that than meets the eye by the statement from the poster. I have a child with asthma and we tend to have more than one inhaler around. At any given time I wouldn't be able to tell you how many partially-used inhalers our child has. Also, some inhalers are control meds and others contain rescue meds. We don't know if her asthma flares seasonally or if it's a constant issue. In other words, it's plausible that she either took one inhaler but left another behind, or that she doesn't use it often in which case not taking it wouldn't be a red flag indicating she was kidnapped without the opportunity to get it.

Second, local news station KFOR has picked up the story, and according to this piece, she is considered a runaway because she left a note for her mom saying she was leaving and that she hoped one day her mom would forgive her.
http://kfor.com/2017/05/04/family-m...r-15-year-old-oklahoma-girl-8-month-old-baby/

Third, one minor (possible) discrepancy has me a little confused. The mother's FB page has a post mentioning that Alyssa was not there to take Adalyn's monthly photos like she always does. This was on the day she turned 9 months old. The way it is worded gives the impression that they themselves take the baby photos each month. She doesn't say that Alyssa isn't there to take her to the photographer. But the news piece seems to imply that a photographer was involved. "Alyssa’s mom said that the teen was preparing to take the 8-month-old to get her monthly pictures done that day."

Yeah, my impression is that she was going to take the pics at home.

Three things:

First, regarding the inhaler, I think there could be more to that than meets the eye by the statement from the poster. I have a child with asthma and we tend to have more than one inhaler around. At any given time I wouldn't be able to tell you how many partially-used inhalers our child has. Also, some inhalers are control meds and others contain rescue meds. We don't know if her asthma flares seasonally or if it's a constant issue. In other words, it's plausible that she either took one inhaler but left another behind, or that she doesn't use it often in which case not taking it wouldn't be a red flag indicating she was kidnapped without the opportunity to get it.

Second, local news station KFOR has picked up the story, and according to this piece, she is considered a runaway because she left a note for her mom saying she was leaving and that she hoped one day her mom would forgive her.
http://kfor.com/2017/05/04/family-m...r-15-year-old-oklahoma-girl-8-month-old-baby/

Third, one minor (possible) discrepancy has me a little confused. The mother's FB page has a post mentioning that Alyssa was not there to take Adalyn's monthly photos like she always does. This was on the day she turned 9 months old. The way it is worded gives the impression that they themselves take the baby photos each month. She doesn't say that Alyssa isn't there to take her to the photographer. But the news piece seems to imply that a photographer was involved. "Alyssa’s mom said that the teen was preparing to take the 8-month-old to get her monthly pictures done that day."

I noticed the discrepancy about the whole photography thing, too. I think the first statement about it was probably just the journalist taking liberty. She probably did do them at home.

OK, so she left a note. No wonder her close circle seems to be acting so strangely, not answering questions, etc. Sounds like maybe she couldn't hack living with mom anymore? Someone HAS to be helping this girl. It should not be too difficult to figure out who!

If she left a note alerting her Mom she was leaving, doesn't it seem odd she didn't take more things? Like if she's voluntarily admitting she's running away then she might as well have taken more stuff-- at least supplies for Adalyn.
She must be pretty confident that whoever she is with will be able to provide her and the baby with a lot.

I noticed the discrepancy about the whole photography thing, too. I think the first statement about it was probably just the journalist taking liberty. She probably did do them at home.

OK, so she left a note. No wonder her close circle seems to be acting so strangely, not answering questions, etc. Sounds like maybe she couldn't hack living with mom anymore? Someone HAS to be helping this girl. It should not be too difficult to figure out who!

I guess the photography issue stuck out with me because one of the first pieces of information I saw about the case mentioned that Alyssa had laid out clothes for a photography session they had scheduled that evening. I apologize that I don't have the exact quote, and as you say, it may have been the journalist's interpretation, but the key piece of information to me was that she had left clothing in such a way that the impression left was that she had been in the middle of a treasured motherly task (getting ready for a photography session) and disappeared without a trace, leaving her critical medicine behind.

Knowing the photos were to be personally taken and that there was a note saying she was leaving paints a much different picture.

It's possible that the mother was asked questions and the journalist was simply printing the responses that seemed most important or relevant (e.g. Was she on any medicines?) and they weren't statements the mother asserted on her own without the journalist's questions. Still, I'd think the mom would have said, "We were going to take pictures of her this evening," rather than, "We had an appointment to get her picture made."

If she left a note alerting her Mom she was leaving, doesn't it seem odd she didn't take more things? Like if she's voluntarily admitting she's running away then she might as well have taken more stuff-- at least supplies for Adalyn.
She must be pretty confident that whoever she is with will be able to provide her and the baby with a lot.

I have been following this hoping to find her...I was a teen mom. I got pissed at my parents often but I still needed them. I couldn't leave for long w out having to need them. I also had asthma but not left my inhaler often as someone else said bc it was for rescue.

Do you ever see when someone loses a pet they say it needs medication? It seems to be a way to get whoever had the pet, to bring it back bc it has a medical condition. Maybe Mom is headed that way with the mention of inhaler.

I think LE must know more and as usual isn't sharing. I do worry about this girl and hope that bc she's a great mommy from what I observe, they are both safe and she's just being a teenager.

Yes, this is very odd. I also find it surprising any time anything like this happens when parents say that nothing is missing when someone disappears. Honestly, my own kids have enough clothes that if they took three or four shirts and a few pair of pants I would not be able to identify that they were missing anything.

JMO
What really bothers me is LE said they talked to the bio dad and he is claiming he doesnt know where she is.

So why is LE not trying to help find where she is ? She is still underage herself and has an infant child that could be in danger.

The note could have been forced to write it if someone had threatened her and told her to write the note.
The note doesnt mean a thing because we still dont know if she or her daughter is safe.

Until LE or someone ends up getting contact with her and she can prove the baby is safe then I dont think anyone should stop looking for her. Especailly LE. If she was an adult I can udnerstand it but she has an infant child and she is underage herself.

Wouldnt Child Protective Services also be interested in the whereabouts of the infant child? Maybe that is another angle that could be used if LE is not willing to help try to find her. Would hate to see her child be taken away but the way it is now the infant could be in danger.

you need to have a suspect vehicle for an amber alert

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back