Found Safe OK - Alyssa, 15, & Adalyn Ross, 8 mos, Yukon, 26 Apr 2017

she talks about her kid because its her whole life. since you guys don't have kids, you don't understand that.

Great point, I could definitely see that. It's possible having Adalyn gave her a new sense of priorities so her friends gossip and problems seemed trivial and couldn't relate to them anymore. It's also possible her friends stopped hanging out with her as much if she was always, always immersed with Adalyn.

One of my friends who is several years younger than me recently had a kid and we all love the kid and her but she can't have a conversation now without mentioning the kid. We are all in a group chat and even if we are talking about something not even closely related to children or her kid she will find a way to mention the kid in response to whatever we're talking about. It's beyond annoying but no one is going to say anything because she had the kid waaaay very young (but several years older than Alyssa) and she needs all the support she can get from us. No one wants to push her away because she will get offended.

Sry for the rambling post .... yeek!. There's just so much that could be at play here but I'm desperately hoping the lack of urgency is based off of some substantial proof other than the diaper bag. But regardless, there should be urgency even if she did leave voluntarily.

I guess the photography issue stuck out with me because one of the first pieces of information I saw about the case mentioned that Alyssa had laid out clothes for a photography session they had scheduled that evening. I apologize that I don't have the exact quote, and as you say, it may have been the journalist's interpretation, but the key piece of information to me was that she had left clothing in such a way that the impression left was that she had been in the middle of a treasured motherly task (getting ready for a photography session) and disappeared without a trace, leaving her critical medicine behind.

Knowing the photos were to be personally taken and that there was a note saying she was leaving paints a much different picture.

It's possible that the mother was asked questions and the journalist was simply printing the responses that seemed most important or relevant (e.g. Was she on any medicines?) and they weren't statements the mother asserted on her own without the journalist's questions. Still, I'd think the mom would have said, "We were going to take pictures of her this evening," rather than, "We had an appointment to get her picture made."

Right. And it's possible she had laid out the clothes earlier in the day, got into an argument via phone or text with her mother, and decided to leave. Or it's possible the clothes weren't even for the photo shoot, or that her mom helped her pick them out the night before, etc.

I also think she probably has more than one inhaler so I don't think much of that.

It is odd, though, that if she were running away, she wouldn't take more of her belongings. That is very odd.

JMO
What really bothers me is LE said they talked to the bio dad and he is claiming he doesnt know where she is.

So why is LE not trying to help find where she is ? She is still underage herself and has an infant child that could be in danger.

The note could have been forced to write it if someone had threatened her and told her to write the note.
The note doesnt mean a thing because we still dont know if she or her daughter is safe.

Until LE or someone ends up getting contact with her and she can prove the baby is safe then I dont think anyone should stop looking for her. Especailly LE. If she was an adult I can udnerstand it but she has an infant child and she is underage herself.

Wouldnt Child Protective Services also be interested in the whereabouts of the infant child? Maybe that is another angle that could be used if LE is not willing to help try to find her. Would hate to see her child be taken away but the way it is now the infant could be in danger.

Do we know that LE isn't helping? They may have different procedures based on whether it seems the person ran away as opposed to that they were kidnapped, but it doesn't mean they are not helping. I'd assume a kidnapping situation would be treated with more urgency.

The note might have given some hint about who she is with but not where they were going. We just have very sparse information. I'd be interested in knowing if she has run away before. The mother said both that it was out of character for her, but also that she thought she finally had her life on track. To me that implies that there was a time that it was not on track. She was sexually active at a young age (13 or 14, I believe, based on her age and the age of the child), etc. It's possible that running away was something she did prior to having a baby, but that it seemed out of character for her at this time in her life. We just don't have enough information to know.

If she does have a history of running away and being 'smart' about where she went and with whom during those episodes, that could impact how the police respond.

The case I was thinking of was a young teenager as well. I can't for the life of me remember the name. The grandma or dad even posted an update on Facebook of the lil guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her name was Krista (the mom that took off w/ the baby). And the baby's father and his mother were posting.

JMO
What really bothers me is LE said they talked to the bio dad and he is claiming he doesnt know where she is.

So why is LE not trying to help find where she is ? She is still underage herself and has an infant child that could be in danger.

The note could have been forced to write it if someone had threatened her and told her to write the note.
The note doesnt mean a thing because we still dont know if she or her daughter is safe.

Until LE or someone ends up getting contact with her and she can prove the baby is safe then I dont think anyone should stop looking for her. Especailly LE. If she was an adult I can udnerstand it but she has an infant child and she is underage herself.

Wouldnt Child Protective Services also be interested in the whereabouts of the infant child? Maybe that is another angle that could be used if LE is not willing to help try to find her. Would hate to see her child be taken away but the way it is now the infant could be in danger.

Do you have a link for LE talking to the bio dad? I've been trying to find that info.

Right. And it's possible she had laid out the clothes earlier in the day, got into an argument via phone or text with her mother, and decided to leave. Or it's possible the clothes weren't even for the photo shoot, or that her mom helped her pick them out the night before, etc.

I also think she probably has more than one inhaler so I don't think much of that.

It is odd, though, that if she were running away, she wouldn't take more of her belongings. That is very odd.

I was not a tidy teen and if anything was 'laying out' in my room, it was probably there because I left it there and didn't put it away or in the hamper. It's possible, if she took the photos herself, that she took pictures of the baby while her mom was at work, changed her outfit, and then left the one used for the photo on the bed (or wherever). In other words, it could have been there 'after' the photo shoot, not in preparation for it.

I wonder if perhaps she just wasn't in a position to take a bag along. If she left in a vehicle with somebody, the sight of her carrying unopened boxes of diapers out to a car would draw attention. She might have thrown a few things of her own into the diaper bag. I feel pretty certain that my mom would've had a hard time identifying that much of anything was missing of mine unless she was looking for a specific item I especially loved.

she talks about her kid because its her whole life. since you guys don't have kids, you don't understand that.

There's a difference between talking about your kid (which we love and do engage with her about) vs. bringing everything that is mentioned back to your kid. For example, "Let's decide on a Mexican place to eat" .... her: "I wonder if baby will like Mexican food when older" ... that's how bad it's gotten. lol But we're like family and we love her and love the kid.

Just saying if this scenario can play out with people 5-10 years older than Alyssa then I'm sure this could be a likely scenario with a bunch of 14-15 years olds.

Hatfield -- I had the same thought regarding child protective services.

There's a difference between talking about your kid (which we love and do engage with her about) vs. bringing everything that is mentioned back to your kid. For example, "Let's decide on a Mexican place to eat" .... her: "I wonder if baby will like Mexican food when older" ... that's how bad it's gotten. lol But we're like family and we love her and love the kid.

Just saying if this scenario can play out with people 5-10 years older than Alyssa then I'm sure this could be a likely scenario with a bunch of 14-15 years olds.

I realize this is off topic, but I think this is more a personality/self-centeredness thing than a "becoming a mommy" thing. My mom's a senior citizen and she does this all the time lol.

While poking around on FB, I saw a post in which another teen mom who - I believe - appeared to attend the same online charter school as Alyssa told Alyssa's mom that she had talked to her at 3:00. Knowing that Alyssa had recently moved to Yukon and was doing school online, I'd assume her in-person contact with other teens was probably pretty limited. If it was mainly online contact with other students, and the other students were teen moms, she would have at least had a peer set with that main issue (parenthood) in common.

I realize this is off topic, but I think this is more a personality/self-centeredness thing than a "becoming a mommy" thing. My mom's a senior citizen and she does this all the time lol.

Haha definitely could be, agreed. We got on this topic when considering how credible it is that her friends didn't seem to think she was planning on running away and were worried. Family / friends are thinking she didn't runaway... LE thinks she did... LE may have more facts but surely family / friends can vouch for her character.

While poking around on FB, I saw a post in which another teen mom who - I believe - appeared to attend the same online charter school as Alyssa told Alyssa's mom that she had talked to her at 3:00. Knowing that Alyssa had recently moved to Yukon and was doing school online, I'd assume her in-person contact with other teens was probably pretty limited. If it was mainly online contact with other students, and the other students were teen moms, she would have at least had a peer set with that main issue (parenthood) in common.

It's so crazy that ALL communication halted after 3-3:30 PM.

These poor babies!

It's so crazy that ALL communication halted after 3-3:30 PM.

These poor babies!

The KFOR piece says that a former boyfriend reported that she called him twice and said she loved him. It really does sound like she had a plan in place to disappear.

Does Snapchat (as in the company) have records of who she would have been communicating with?

If she had an iPhone I'd think there would be a way to find out what apps she had on her phone. If she had additional messaging apps that'd be a place to start trying to figure out who she had been communicating with.

OMG YES YES YES YES!!!

Welcome back babies! We're so glad you're okay:heartbeat:

yes, that is likely.

Just saying if this scenario can play out with people 5

Hang on please... removed a few posts.

Does anyone have a WS approved link (MSM, LE FB page, etc..) as to the status of Alyssa and Adalyn?

Thanks in advance!

Hang one please... removed a few posts.

Does anyone have a WS approved link (MSM, LE FB page, etc..) as to the status of Alyssa and Adalyn?

Thanks in advance!

How about a post from the Help Find page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back