Found Safe OK - Alyssa, 15, & Adalyn Ross, 8 mos, Yukon, 26 Apr 2017

Not saying that this is true...Just that it may have been Alyssa's perception...that her mother was too overbearing and possessive about Adalyn's care. I'm sure that Kristie is trying to help Alyssa however she can, but Alyssa might have wanted a little bit free-er rein with the childcare, wanted Adalyn to know that she is her mother, not Kristie. Kinda like a Casey/Cindy Anthony thing. Not saying that Kristie is anything like Cindy or Alyssa is like Casey at all...just a similar situation. Again, I am not saying that this is true about Kristie--just that Alyssa might see it that way with her 15-yr-old/new mother chaotic hormones. Whatever the issue, I hope this incident will bring honest evaluation and conversation. JMO

Agree! It's not often you see a young mama who seems so responsible. No disrespect to any others - I know at 15 I was FAR from ready!

YES!!!
She seems like such a sweet kid, and a good mama, especially for one so young. I am so happy they are ok!
(off to read up now)

Not saying that this is true...Just that it may have been Alyssa's perception...that her mother was too overbearing and possessive about Adalyn's care. I'm sure that Kristie is trying to help Alyssa however she can, but Alyssa might have wanted a little bit free-er rein with the childcare, wanted Adalyn to know that she is her mother, not Kristie. Kinda like a Casey/Cindy Anthony thing. Not saying that Kristie is anything like Cindy or Alyssa is like Casey at all...just a similar situation. Again, I am not saying that this is true about Kristie--just that Alyssa might see it that way with her 15-yr-old/new mother chaotic hormones. Whatever the issue, I hope this incident will bring honest evaluation and conversation. JMO

I think this is very likely. I had my daughter when I was 19. I got into tiffs regularly with my mom about my decisions. And even at 19, I clearly recall feeling that she was smothering, judgemental, and just didn't 'get it'. lol. Oh, hindsight! Of course now I know she just wanted the best for me, and was trying to guide me.

When I was 19, I worked, I took care of myself for the most part, I was in a long term relationship with my daughters father. Trying to put myself in the mindset of being 15 and a mom? Really doing my best to take care of my daughter, while ultimately not being old enough to take care of myself? It would not be surprising at all if there were power struggles happening there. She may be an awesome mom (and by all appearances, seems to really love the role), but she still needs HER mom. I'll bet that, regardless of the actual circumstances that led her to leave, she knows that more than ever right now!

Being 15 is rough in general. I really do hope that this was a power struggle type situation and everything can settle back into normalcy for all of them now. <3

I did wonder about that when they kept talking about the 'monthly photo shoots'---when it was said that Mom was the photographer. It just seemed a bit odd and forced.

Most young people take photos all of the time, continuously. So I wondered whose idea it was to take them monthly and pick out outfits etc...was it Mom's plan? NOTHING wrong with it, it is sweet. But maybe it was a bit too much on her part?

I did wonder about that when they kept talking about the 'monthly photo shoots'---when it was said that Mom was the photographer. It just seemed a bit odd and forced.

Most young people take photos all of the time, continuously. So I wondered whose idea it was to take them monthly and pick out outfits etc...was it Mom's plan? NOTHING wrong with it, it is sweet. But maybe it was a bit too much on her part?

Not odd at all, IMO. Most of my friends who have babies these days are doing monthly photos on their monthly "birthdays."

ETA: And by this, I mean, informal photos and posting on Facebook with the same toy, little signs of some sort that announce the age, etc.

Part of what was "laid out" was probably the sticker you put on the baby's belly with the month name. I doubt it was all as serious and "fussy" as it sounds. Those monthly photos are super trendy amongst young moms right now & the stickers/signs you use for the photo are a popular shower gift.

I'm so glad they are ok. Alyssa is really lucky to have such a loving mother. She just isn't old enough to know it yet. She will one day....... I hope they both have a wonderful mothers day. And on a side note, I just love them name Adalyn. Just love it.

Any new info. Did she run away? Kidnap?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500