Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's generally what I remember too. I couldn't find the posts with that info.

IF the Corona drivers were caravaning, would they both lie about where they were headed? This guy supposedly had his family with him. Would one driver cover up for the other? Why did we not get validation that they were caravaning, and not receive logs for both drivers?

Also, why would the store owner call someone from far away to come give Jenny a ride halfway across Mexico for free?

Both of those scenarios are suspicious. I wonder if Jenny gave the cement driver information of her plans during their small talk.

The GPS posts are toward the end of thread two in September IIRC. I always wondered why we got "family guy's" GPS but not "single guy's." There was no explanation for that. Maybe there never was another guy and family guy didn't have his family with him.

I'm not sure if we know that the store owner called someone from far away to give Jenny a ride. All we were told was that when he didn't come soon enough for Jenny she went off on her own and ended up in the Corona truck....according to the store keeper (who was supposedly vetted by LE or the prosecutor).

Good question about the cement truck guy. Did he continue on after dropping Jenny off in Lagunas Crossing late at night?

None of this makes sense even after thirteen months. Don't you wish we could sit JR down and get answers to all the missing pieces?!

ETA: Here are the GPS logs posted by you and webant. Post 1022 and 1023.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-2&p=12837193#post12837193

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-2&p=12837206#post12837206

Thank you, Lillibet. The conversations we had directly following these posts are gold. I forgot about all that.

The entire story is BS. I don't know if I think Jenny never got into any truck and the storekeepers did something, or if a driver really took her.

Because why would Jenny get in his truck when he knew he was going away from Cancun? Where's this other guy? Where's the "family" testimony? Hinky, I just don't know by who!

Thank you, Lillibet. The conversations we had directly following these posts are gold. I forgot about all that.

The entire story is BS. I don't know if I think Jenny never got into any truck and the storekeepers did something, or if a driver really took her.

Because why would Jenny get in his truck when he knew he was going away from Cancun? Where's this other guy? Where's the "family" testimony? Hinky, I just don't know by who!

I agree that our conversations are gold. :) We've worked sooooo hard on this case. It's helpful to go back and read those conversations, starting with the post I just linked with JR's summary to get a sense of the surreal nature of this case.

Yes, why would Jenny get in the truck going the wrong way, when another ride was on the way? That ride probably could have been reached by cell phone to confirm. Was it blocked by protesters? Did LE or the PI ever talk to him? Does anybody really exist?

Being silly, but what if the storekeeper is related to the other storekeeper Jenny stayed with for several days and wore out her welcome. She gave the family an insulting pittance. The second storekeeper knows what happened and gets revenge when Jenny happens to show up. This case has nothing of substance to grab onto, so I'm making up my own story...no more farfetched than what we already have.

I agree that our conversations are gold. :) We've worked sooooo hard on this case. It's helpful to go back and read those conversations, starting with the post I just linked with JR's summary to get a sense of the surreal nature of this case.

Yes, why would Jenny get in the truck going the wrong way, when another ride was on the way? That ride probably could have been reached by cell phone to confirm. Was it blocked by protesters? Did LE or the PI ever talk to him? Does anybody really exist?

Being silly, but what if the storekeeper is related to the other storekeeper Jenny stayed with for several days and wore out her welcome. She gave the family an insulting pittance. The second storekeeper knows what happened and gets revenge when Jenny happens to show up. This case has nothing of substance to grab onto, so I'm making up my own story...no more farfetched than what we already have.

Idk. All of these shop keepers have open house sessions to tourists such as Jenny.

But they don't expect a good pay for allowing her to escape the dangerous streets and spend the night?

Idk.

So if Jenny did die. I would look at these shopkeepers at first. Jmo.

Maybe someone was tired of foreigners trying to get over on them.

Has Jenny's family stopped their communications and search efforts all together? That would add weight to my hypothesis that she is back home in Wenzhou.
(Which I hope is true vs. the alternative).

When Jenny said she wanted to "overcome fear" with this backpacking trip, I now interpret that as overcoming the fear of being independent. Of leaving JR.
That's how I'm reading this. And I think that is exactly what she did. Adios buddy....poof!

Has Jenny's family stopped their communications and search efforts all together? That would add weight to my hypothesis that she is back home in Wenzhou.

When Jenny said she wanted to "overcome fear" with this backpacking trip, I now interpret that as overcoming the fear of being independent. Of leaving JR.
That's how I'm reading this. And I think that is exactly what she did. Adios buddy....poof!

We haven't been able to find any communications or search efforts by Jenny's family since they visited Mexico and were reassured that Jenny was still backpacking.

Hmmmmm....any chance that the embassy said that as a cover for Jenny accompanying her parents back to China? We never heard that "still backpacking" story from anyone but the embassy. JR debunked it but never said why.

Didn't webant (?) email the Chinese embassy in Singapore trying to get info awhile back?

I believe the only way Jenny's family has communicated is through the Chinese media. That was the last report. They were on their way back to China, after being assured that Jenny was fine.

I ran across a thread where Tricia has asked for interview ideas for her radio show. I nominated JR in hopes she can get some straight answers out of him (questions provided by us). I also suggested having Dex on as cohost to ask his great questions. Anything could happen! :D

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-for-True-Crime-Radio&p=13375442#post13375442

I would be honored to serve at your request my friend.

But my AA sponsor won't allow it.

Lol. Too stressful and can cause a relapse. Lol

I would be honored to serve at your request my friend.

But my AA sponsor won't allow it.

Lol. Too stressful and can cause a relapse. Lol

Ha! Well, we can't have that, so I will take the suggestion off the table in order to preserve your sobriety. The trouble is, this case is the kind that drives teetotaling men and women to contemplate binge drinking at times, so I'm surprised you're even allowed to be here! :D

First time seeing this (via Google Translate):
"Wenzhou beauty lost in Mexico for two weeks, the family has been crazy crazy!"
04-27
(Source: Wenzhou Business Daily)
"Yesterday, this reporter contacted Chen Qun Dan brother Mr. Chen. He said his sister had been back in warm last year for some time. "The last contact is April 9, my mother and sister through the micro-voice voice chat, my sister said travel in Mexico, the next one month will not be able to contact." Mr. Chen said, later learned that Chen Qun Dan not with her husband Met, far away in Wenzhou home talent anxious up." (BBM)
http://www.weixinyidu.com/n_3473044
ETA: So if what is being reported here is accurate, did Jenny also mention to her mom she was meeting up with JR in Cancun in the next few days, and if she didn't, how and when did her family find out about about their planned rendezvous?

Did they reach out to her chat friend (I think someone posted something upthead confirming that Jenny did tell her about meeting with JR in Cancun), when they didn't hear from Jenny for a couple of weeks? Did they contact JR (or the other way around) when they became concerned?

I'm wondering why Jenny told her mom she wouldn't be able to reach her for the next month. Maybe because she was planning on traveling to Cuba? But if Jenny did tell that to her mom, why wouldn't the family look for her in Cuba, at least initially (there is a Chinese embassy in Havana, and and the two countries have maintained diplomatic relations since 1960).
http://cu.chineseembassy.org/chn/sbgx/sbgxjk/

Second ETA :D: Maybe her family started their search for Jenny in Mexico because the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs was able to tell them there was no record of her entering Cuba?

Just something I was thinking about:

Could Jenny have slipped back into the US via New York (or wherever, for that matter, but since she apparently was planning on going to NY)?

There is no proof she did not get her 10-year green card before leaving for Mexico. I still think the timeline is too tight, but not impossible. A reasonable person in Jenny's situation would likely wait until s/he got his/her GC before leaving the US, especially for leisure purposes, IMO. It's not like she had an employer sponsor her for a green card and was having to travel to Mexico on business.

Even if Jenny did not have her 10-year card prior to her departure but completed the steps of the application process, and there were no problems, then she could have had her GC mailed to a different US address (even if your I-751 case is pending, you can change your mailing address online): https://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

So she could have slipped back into the US using her existing conditional GC with one-year extension, while having her 10-year card mailed to a new location (e.g., a friend's apartment in NYC).

Also, JR did not file a missing person report with the Seattle PD until April 29th:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=607329722775409&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

And she wasn't entered into NamUs until 07/30/2016:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34598/558

Even if Jenny did visit Cuba as planned -though JR has said there is no sign of her having gone there-, she would have been back in the US by mid- to late-May. She might have even come straight back to the US from Mexico. Would anyone have known she had been reported missing at that point?

Barring any issues, her 10-year card would have arrived by then. With her new card, she could have simply walked into a SSA office and even gotten a social security card. Again, would anyone been aware of her status as a missing person around that time?

And the same goes for the Chinese authorities. And as far as the US authorities, has JR followed up?

It just seems like if she is back in the States and living in a large city where it would be easy for her to blend in, there would be no need to get a driver's license, etc., it wouldn't be that difficult for her to stay hidden.

Her family learned from JR that they didn't meet up as they were suppose to.

So there is no real proof that Jenny told them she had plans to meet with him. Jmo.

Most information of their Cancun meet and mis was provided by JR.

Btw. Jenny and her friend was still in touch on 4/11

So Jenny wasn't off the grid totally.

Also the translations are tricky as the Chinese persons context is always being misconstrued sometimes. Jmo for now.

I think with Jenny anything is possible! No possibilities are off the table.

JR has been very quiet. Is he on his "Caravan of (or "for") Life" trip (he called it both names)? I still can find nothing by that name happening this month.

OT--In others news, San Diego immigration activist Hugo Castro went missing for five days in April and was found seriously wounded near Mexico City.

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2017/apr/15/san-diego-activist-disappears-mexico-after-begging/

Well known Mexican journalist Javier Valdez was murdered yesterday in broad daylight and left in the street near his office. He had covered drug trafficking and organized crime in Sinaloa. He is the sixth journalist murdered since March.

http://www.kake.com/story/35436467/journalist-javier-valdez-shot-to-death-in-mexico-drug-state

They don't mess around. I hope JR keeps a low profile on this caravan, if that's where he is.

JR likes to tempt fate. I think he pushes the envelope. Perhaps he also does that with people's last nerves.

Snipped by me:
JR has been very quiet. Is he on his "Caravan of (or "for") Life" trip (he called it both names)? I still can find nothing by that name happening this month.

I found this news article. Maybe it's the one? This one is taking place currently, from May 12-22 in the northeastern part of Mexico. The article even mentions two people from the United States taking part in the Caravan, however it says they are from Illinois and California ( and not Washington, where JR is from).

https://translate.google.com/transl...aravana-para-buscar-desaparecidos-en-coahuila

Found this daily itinerary of the caravan. What an emotionally draining experience it must be. I feel for them all.

https://translate.google.com/transl...an-caravana-internacional-de-busqueda-en-vida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname