Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Laguna Salgado, 26, Provo, 16 Apr 2015

I'd like to know what time she texted uncle and her sister Sara . They should be able to figure out roughly how far she made it . Sara seems convinced the text wasn't from her sister , or perhaps under duress . If the abductor replied then they can text in Spanish or poor Spanish at least .

Here is a breakdown of the upcoming Season 8 episodes of Disappeared:

Disappeared S8 E7 - May 7, 2017 - ???
Into the Night - 6 - April 30, 2017 - Zoe Campos
Every Mother's Son - 5 - April 23, 2017- ??
On a Mission - 4 - April 16, 2017 - Elizabeth Salgado
Spirited Away - 3 - April 9, 2017 - Kortne Stouffer
The Silent Son - 2 - April 2, 2017 - Macin Smith
American Gothic - 1 - March 26, 2017 - Lynn Messer

http://tv-episodes.prettyfamous.com/l/8018348

(Marking this as a reminder. Thank you.)

The only problem with that is.. that appeared to be a busy thoroughfare. If you are a shady cop, your fear would be someone seeing this girl getting into your car. She goes missing, and all it will take is that one person who saw her getting into the back of your cruiser. That whole encounter would take time. She's have to walk over to the car... talk to the officer, then the officer would have to go out and let her in. Too much time for witnesses to see. A random abduction is much more quicker.

And I also noticed, the street she was last seen walking on not only was very busy with car traffic, but the sidewalk was set far back from the street. If someone stopped on that street to get her in the car, it would have been noticed immediately.

I'm sure may 7th is katelin akens case her mum posted a reminder

I just got done seeing the episode about Elizabeth on Disappeared. My guess after seeing it is that some infatuated stalker type abducted her either by offering her a ride, or forcing her into their car. She is very beautiful and they noted that at her waitress job & school men would hit on her all the time. Some more aggressive than others. Someone probably knew her routine. Personally, her uncles seem innocent to me just stressed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the special. Its crazy that this woman can dissapear and there'd be NO concrete leads, sightings or anything. Especially since it appears as though she vanished in broad daylight.

Judging by the person she seemed to be, kind... but smart. I can't see her getting in a random car. And since this was broad daylight, its doubtful somebody jumped out and dragged her away without no one seeing or her leaving behind physical evidence.

She went with somebody... she knew.That's the only thing that makes sense. A friend... who tried to make to make out with her, and the unfortunate happened. With that being said, makes you wonder if the police followed the ping of her phone.. and cross-referenced it with EVERYBODY she would of been close with who was in the area... and see if they match location wise.

The messed up part of me... when all us fails... its the person who is the closest. I can't recall if the uncle who fail the poly was the one who was supposed to pick her up or not. But makes you wonder if he picked her up... things went bad. Then he turns around and has to pretend they never met up at all... .knowing that others may of known that they were going to meet up to go to Walmart. Hope I'm wrong.

The uncle who failed the polygraph was not the uncle who was going to take her to Walmart. It was the other uncle. I think they said he was in California at the time of her disappearance.

I just saw this story on Disappeared and was coming by to see if there had been any more leads. It's such a mystery.

It seemed to me that more surveillance footage could have been sought. I mean checking every single store, house, business, etc. on that route. I know they checked a few, but, I would think there were more. Also, I'd have pushed further into the construction crew that was working on the hospital. I'd check every single person on that crew.

It seemed like the Det. was working too much by himself. Did they say that the Utah Attorney General got involved, but, what did they do? I never heard of any more boots on the ground to find her.

I also never heard any mention about searching her room and belongings for clues.

Did anyone notice how the photographs of her with her family seemed quite stern and the photos of her alone she seemed happy? I'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe, it's something we are not aware of.

Does Provo have any other young women who have gone missing in the last 5 years?

Just finished the episode. I cant beieve shes been missing for 2 years.
I also not sure about the uncle.
It seems wierd about the text too. Its like whoever sent the text knew it was her sister. if it was a stranger why would they reply.
Couldnt they find where the phone last pinged? i get that it was off when they tried to ping it but wouldnt it show where it was last before it went off?

I've followed this case from the beginning and was hoping ID Disappeared episode would give more info. Outside of the camera at the hospital, nothing. It was interesting to note what a scholar Elizabeth is.

I personally don't suspect the uncles. They seemed genuinely upset and I believe the language barrier may set off alarms when things are lost in translation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seemed like the Det. was working too much by himself.

According to the Provo Police on this facebook post: "[FONT=&quot]Currently there are 30 members of the Provo Police Department actively working this case. As of this date, over 3500 hours have been dedicated toward finding Elizabeth."

[/FONT]
https://www.facebook.com/provopd/posts/888930354483981:0

So the Det. wasn't the only one working on this- it just appears that way.

Was watching the ID channel and saw the show, then I realized I had followed her case here (but had stopped some time ago) so I came back here to see if anything new.....
Strange about the uncle in CA who failed the poly - cannot see how he could be involved - was he in town when she was taken? Otherwise how could be have been involved? .... Why was his results released? ..... did he offer to take another test(s)....
You knew LE would turn on the uncles eventuality, and anyone who knew her - so anyone who might have seen something is less likely to come forward fearing just that...
Strange about her last text.... wonder if she texted only in Spanish?
Show showed her wearing black boots walking down the street - are black boots commonly seen there during the day?
This is a 3-no case, and one with nothing of hers even found; sadly doesn't seem solvable until something gives...

Was watching the ID channel and saw the show, then I realized I had followed her case here (but had stopped some time ago) so I came back here to see if anything new.....
Strange about the uncle in CA who failed the poly - cannot see how he could be involved - was he in town when she was taken? Otherwise how could be have been involved? .... Why was his results released? ..... did he offer to take another test(s)....
You knew LE would turn on the uncles eventuality, and anyone who knew her - so anyone who might have seen something is less likely to come forward fearing just that...
Strange about her last text.... wonder if she texted only in Spanish?
Show showed her wearing black boots walking down the street - are black boots commonly seen there during the day?
This is a 3-no case, and one with nothing of hers even found; sadly doesn't seem solvable until something gives...

Not sure about " turning on uncles " I'd call it due diligence and doing their job. He was the last person she was supposed to be with as well ,

I'd also like to hear more detail about the text . Poor Spanish ? Or were they making her text ? seems you could possibly rule out English only speaking suspects depending on answers .

Not sure about " turning on uncles " I'd call it due diligence and doing their job. He was the last person she was supposed to be with as well ,

I'd also like to hear more detail about the text . Poor Spanish ? Or were they making her text ? seems you could possibly rule out English only speaking suspects depending on answers .

I thought uncle who failed poly was in CA at time she disappeared.... so he wasn't last person to see her.. but not sure when he last saw her... not sure which uncle got her job in cafe.... something about her working there doesn't sit right with me (I know what they said in the show about her doing it to learn English)....
Back to the failed poly - it was not mentioned what question(s) he failed on... also, was he offered retesting ?
Also, was the case in the next county of woman found in suitcase ever solved?

Respectfully snipped:
Prancy said:
It seemed to me that more surveillance footage could have been sought. I mean checking every single store, house, business, etc. on that route. I know they checked a few, but, I would think there were more. Also, I'd have pushed further into the construction crew that was working on the hospital. I'd check every single person on that crew.
Yes! Couldn't agree with you more about construction crew. How often was her class and punctual was she in walking the same route at the same time.... I though it was around lunchtime, and could have easily been noticed by workers on lunch break.. If wore the black boot like they showed in the ID show, she would have stood out..

My family and I have worked on several missing persons cases. We use a variety of tools and methods. Sunday, May 21, 2017 two of my adult children and I went to Utah Lake as we believe this could possibly be the location where Elizabeth's body may be found. We searched and prayed for several hours and found a solid shaft knife in the bushes. We contacted the Provo Police Dept and the knife was collected as possible evidence. We are waiting to hear back from Provo PD and we're praying daily that we're wrong and Elizabeth is still alive.

Sadly, I think the police have overlooked an obvious perpetrator. Partly because of prejudices? For various reasons, I believe this was a young white male who speaks Spanish possibly because of serving an LDS mission in a Spanish speaking country? A "friend" she respected, who gained her trust within 20 days because of LDS church affiliation? She had only been in the Provo for 20 days. Someone she would have trusted enough for her to get into a car with and be given a short ride "home" or elsewhere. Someone charismatic enough to never illicit suspicion from police. A "golden boy". Someone who may have left the state or the country shortly after she went missing. Probably a sexual advance gone bad or jealousy? Possibly dumped her body in Utah Lake.

I’m sad to see there are still no answers to what happened to Elizabeth.
She is a beautiful girl and you would think someone would have noticed her that day.

Has there ever been proof she left the school? I’m wondering how much it was searched.
Could it possibly be no one saw anything is because she didn’t get far enough from the school for people to notice?

Someone earlier asked about the tall boots.
Its been popular here in Utah to see women wearing boots like that and I don’t think it was unusual.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back